AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-03-28, 19:44   Link #41021
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@blitz: the IS in itself is just an enhanced Uchigane. The Kaen Gari is treated as a special weapon, it's basically metalloid napalm . I suppose it can be treated as a sealed weapon. It restricts Chifuyu to Raigumo then.

I can't find what Char said about the mobile armor but I can guess. The shields aren't really Chifuyu's style but I wanted to expand on canon. In cake eater verse she isn't just an invincible goddess, she is the most powerful IS pilot in the world and she has to adapt and evolve as challengers get stronger and stronger. For me this focuses on how Chifuyu herself fights in terms of her sword style. Two-handed grip, dual wield, sword and shield, and dual shield are some stances she adapts. Also, it's somewhat rule of cool

EDIT: I suppose I over empasized the shields with it having 6. Maybe just 2 then.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-03-28 at 19:54.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 22:18   Link #41022
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Rebuild of ByakuShiki
Spoiler for SPAAACEEE:
Old 2013-03-28, 23:47   Link #41023
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@Zero

So... for this new Byakushiki the influence comes from Waverider or Neo-Bird?

In my opinion i think the wings (not the setsura wings) could make it look like the Cybuster's Cybird mode
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 01:49   Link #41024
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
In my opinion i think the wings (not the setsura wings) could make it look like the Cybuster's Cybird mode
Great... now I can't unsee the Byakushiki's crotch turning into the nosecone for its alternate mode.
Old 2013-03-29, 02:10   Link #41025
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Great... now I can't unsee the Byakushiki's crotch turning into the nosecone for its alternate mode.
That sounds... painful... very painful
Old 2013-03-29, 05:27   Link #41026
DarkJak2050

Anything new guys?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 05:38   Link #41027
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Just ideas and ideas from my side, not one that's worth being posted or read though.
Old 2013-03-29, 05:51   Link #41028
DarkJak2050

I've been having these ideas/scenes that I want to post lately, but I'm not sure if I want to post them or not because the recent ones I've posted have been flat out ignored like spam in your e-mail box...

Which is why I haven't been posting new actual scenes lately.

Maybe it's best if I just drop Project Silverback altogether...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 06:14   Link #41029
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Now that would be a no-no. Last time I checked your reviews, there are people who want you to finish Silverback.

That aside, have a scene:

Spoiler for X-Grader:
Old 2013-03-29, 09:17   Link #41030
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
So Himegane in a nutshell is: Guy with a girls name who thinks he's the best cook in the world and hates stupid big-breasted girls.
You almost sound like you know Toriko.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 09:28   Link #41031
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
You almost sound like you know Toriko.
I SAID I was DRUNK, okay?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 09:30   Link #41032
HasuMasu
*Artist

Little girls shouldn't be drinking, Wavey-chan.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 20:32   Link #41033
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
@Zero

So... for this new Byakushiki the influence comes from Waverider or Neo-Bird?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Nah, not that complex. The nosecone is simply an elaborate helmet with bracer and spine (because in G-form the neck withstand the most drag force), the overall transformation simply made the frame almost rigid, more streamlined, and flies completely horizontal so most of barrier power can be projected forward. (Think newer Variable Fighters and their pinpoint barrier)

As Fem!Ichika said, it's almost completely useless inside arena, since mobility is sacrificed, and there's little need for supersonic flight at all

(About the crotch-cone, Second Shift Byakushiki in canon seems to have right shape and size... )
Old 2013-03-29, 21:00   Link #41034
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@blitz: the IS in itself is just an enhanced Uchigane. The Kaen Gari is treated as a special weapon, it's basically metalloid napalm . I suppose it can be treated as a sealed weapon. It restricts Chifuyu to Raigumo then.

I can't find what Char said about the mobile armor but I can guess. The shields aren't really Chifuyu's style but I wanted to expand on canon. In cake eater verse she isn't just an invincible goddess, she is the most powerful IS pilot in the world and she has to adapt and evolve as challengers get stronger and stronger. For me this focuses on how Chifuyu herself fights in terms of her sword style. Two-handed grip, dual wield, sword and shield, and dual shield are some stances she adapts. Also, it's somewhat rule of cool

EDIT: I suppose I over empasized the shields with it having 6. Maybe just 2 then.
I'll paraphrase Char for you. basically, when he was in Axis, he was told to pilot a red neue ziel (II?) and lol, of course, it's red. But Char kind of declined, because he said it "wasn't his style to get hit" regardless of how good the armour/shielding was.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 21:03   Link #41035
demino_hellsin
That one guy

He kind of stabbed himself in the foot with the Sazabi's inclusion of a shield
Old 2013-03-29, 21:55   Link #41036
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

(About the crotch-cone, Second Shift Byakushiki in canon seems to have right shape and size... )
...right.

Now that I look again, Cybuster's nose cone in its alternate form isn't really its crotch. Rather its the tail at the back that sweeps beneath the crotch and to the front.
Old 2013-03-29, 22:00   Link #41037
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I think maybe Byakushiki could have a shield (like the Wing Gundam & Wing Zero), that could somehow make the "bird" mode more... appealing
Old 2013-03-29, 22:14   Link #41038
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

There IS a shield, specifically: heat-resistant reentry shield with ablative coat. Instead of a nose, it's put under the body, covering everything... or under your feet, to be used as surfboard. The shield is unwieldy in CQC (the best you can do is ramming it full speed to the enemy), but very resilient and could shrug full barrage from Silent Zephyr and Gospel just fine, it's weaker against extreme impact though (being based on ceramic lattice)
Old 2013-03-29, 22:25   Link #41039
demino_hellsin
That one guy

does it make sense if a metal with a filament structure was used to make a whip sword?
Old 2013-03-29, 23:02   Link #41040
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Possible yes

I am very sure razor thin blade is... useless except for torture.

EDIT:

A functional (if still impractical) whip sword is not a thin spiraling metal slice, but something like multiple blade segments connected by strong wire in the center

I suppose the metal filament can be used as the center wire, whilst the main part use harder metal.

upload

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-03-29 at 23:25.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest