AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-15, 03:58   Link #381
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Its some kind of a hybrid
Looks like a fox to me, a bit more of a canidae than a feline at least but nothing common for sure. A deity maybe?
Old 2011-07-15, 05:26   Link #382
guenthar

I like this show so far but except for the names there is absolutly no connections between this and other Blood shows. Saya isn't even a vampire and what she fights is totally different so why even call it Blood C and not some other name.
Old 2011-07-15, 13:28   Link #383
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Does anyone have the lyrics of the opening? Unless my ears are failling me, the lyrics are in japanese and english as everyone noticed, but also in french.

As for episode two, I don't anything different to say from last week, since it was just more of the same. I feel like I could have skipped either of them and not miss anything. I hope the preview wasn't lying and that we will finally learn something next week.
Old 2011-07-15, 13:43   Link #384
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Okay, two episodes in now...and I simply have no idea what the heck I'm watching....

The slow pace definitely does not bother me. I can deal with plot not advancing quickly. Heck, one of my favorite series is ARIA, which barely even has a plot.

My problem is, rather, a near-complete lack of context....

Agreed on all three points (had to laugh to myself at the sentence I bolded - I agree 100%).

I think I will hold off on this series for now, and maybe take another look after the season is over....
Old 2011-07-15, 15:30   Link #385
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Am I the only one who was 100% convinced that dog was a cat?
Looked like some kind of fox spirit to me.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 15:43   Link #386
faythz
I.G

Spoiler for Cool Animation:

I thought it was 2 slash , it turns out 4
Old 2011-07-15, 19:58   Link #387
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by faythz View Post
Spoiler for Cool Animation:

I thought it was 2 slash , it turns out 4
Yeah, the animation is great as expected from IG

however Saya's hair is quite disturbing especially in the battle scene like that.
Old 2011-07-15, 23:22   Link #388
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
however Saya's hair is quite disturbing especially in the battle scene like that.
What about her school uniform's blouse with chains in the collar?

That's the classic Clamp's character designs, moreover when those characters go to some School.
Old 2011-07-15, 23:45   Link #389
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
The slow pace definitely does not bother me. I can deal with plot not advancing quickly.

My problem is, rather, a near-complete lack of context. Episode 1 gives us Saya at school followed by a monster fight. Episode 2 gives us a fight, then Saya at school, then another fight. What we aren't shown is why she's fighting these things (okay, "family duty" seems to be the short answer hinted at in Ep. 2, but...a little more information than that would be good), what the consequences are if she loses, things like that. There's been very little effort put in on developing anything like an understanding of the world that Saya inhabits.

It's all right to have mysteries about a character or character or events (heck, look at how Blood+ started), but without some kind of context to place the mystery in, it's hard to understand what's going on. Similarly, the fight scenes, while cool in and of themselves, lose a lot of emotional impact because I don't really understand why they're even happening (or why they all happen in isolated/deserted areas--how is Saya always able to find these supposedly preying-on-humans monsters out in the wilderness instead of among population, well, preying?) or what the stakes are.

Pros: Very pretty, good animation, good music and themes.

Cons: Lack of time spent establishing what's going on leads to emotional disassociation from characters and events for me as a viewer.

I'll be back for more, but...I hope the next-episode promo talking about the Kisaragi family secrets doesn't lie.
I soooooooo agree with all of this.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 04:32   Link #390
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2011-07-16, 04:50   Link #391
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
What about her school uniform's blouse with chains in the collar?
LOL, yeah it looks like some kind of masochist outfit
But it looks cool as battle outfit though...
Old 2011-07-16, 12:41   Link #392
Xagzan

I truly don't mind slow pacing in shows. In fact I think more shows should take the time to flesh out their worlds. But not when you have only 12 episodes in a series. Either Blood-C has to get a second season stat, or else pick up the pace. You can't have both slow pace and short series, or things could easily start going at breakneck speed later on.

And while I love Nana Mizuki, the endless singing scenes are way too narm.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 12:49   Link #393
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

After finishing episode 2, I've planned up 3 ways this could take course.

1. They try to keep the nature of moe-Saya to keep the fans entertained while having a moment where they have the other Saya to satisfy them as well when things seem to get dull. While trying to keep a peaceful atmosphere, only to get destroyed later on in the series when things start getting sped up due to how many episodes are left.

2. They seem to have enough elements established to start breaking things apart, although there still needs to be some more implaments in this anime around character development. Then again, it feels like they are just going to overshadow everyone with Saya that any development towards them would be pointless and otherwise useless. So when the peaceful atmosphere brings everyone's guards down, they start bringing in the horror.

3. Just like #1, although they just keep it like the way they are doing it now throughout the entire series only with placing more action-Saya instead of moe-Saya.

Of course I've never been good with predictions
Old 2011-07-16, 13:25   Link #394
Fran~
floating away...

This is Clamp... so Moe characters are Moe to the end ---> Sakura.

Now, the tall-silent-cool-guy will be shown as an allied or a foe, the voice who was asking for the nature of a human being is his voice to me (i'm speaking of the misterious guy who Saya gave some lunch in last episode).

It seems that next episode her secret will come out. But, this show will have a movie, so, i believe that will not have too much development.
Old 2011-07-16, 13:26   Link #395
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It seems so

It would explain the slow development if they tend to keep it at this pace. Preparing things for the firework movie.
Old 2011-07-16, 13:44   Link #396
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
This is Clamp... so Moe characters are Moe to the end ---> Sakura.

Now, the tall-silent-cool-guy will be shown as an allied or a foe, the voice who was asking for the nature of a human being is his voice to me (i'm speaking of the misterious guy who Saya gave some lunch in last episode).

It seems that next episode her secret will come out. But, this show will have a movie, so, i believe that will not have too much development.
Actually, I think the voiceovers might alternate. I'm at work so I can't doublecheck, but there was something about the inflection that reminded me of Fumito's voice this week. I suspect Fumito has something deeper going on. Mostly because I don't trust anyone who's that cheerful/nice. It may not mean anything, but he's also the 3rd person in the triangle in the OP (before the chorus). Saya and her father, I get, but why is he there? In an apron, no less. So maybe his presence doesn't mean anything.
Old 2011-07-16, 14:39   Link #397
Fran~
floating away...

Yep... i believe that Fumito is involved too... Saya said that he was in the same school that his father. Probably he knew Saya's mom. BTW, Saya remembers me Arashi because both are Miko, both mothers died and "Saya the fighter" is serious and comitted to her task like Arashi was.
Old 2011-07-16, 21:03   Link #398
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Saya singing that tune it just so catchy

But the one thing I dont get is why Saya fights in her uniform instead of a miko one
Old 2011-07-16, 21:09   Link #399
LordEmbok

What I don't get is why she doesn't have a completely different outfit every episode.

Clamp really dropped the ball this time.
LordEmbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 22:26   Link #400
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Why work on original clothing when you can simply mass-produce the same design with minimal effort?

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.