AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-01, 11:08   Link #9401
UNDER_LINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Hey...Bardway's kinda cute there.....Where's that pic from?
One of the manga parts of the Stiyl SS.
Old 2011-04-01, 13:14   Link #9402
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Seriously, what the hell was Touma involved in before losing his memory? lol. If Kumokawa knows he lost his memory it's because she could tell that something was different about him and that things didn't connect; unless Heaven Canceler told her. If the former's the case, then that means Touma had to have been involved with Kumokawa somehow in the past, which means he was probably in the dark side of Academy City before meeting Index. And I mean more involved than just fighting random Skill-Out members. Hell, why was he fighting Skill-Out in the first place?
Because he's unlucky enough to be in trouble all the time? Hell maybe that's how he got into the Dark Side if he really was involved....bumbling in then running everywhere with all kinds of enemies chasing him down.
Old 2011-04-01, 13:23   Link #9403
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I thought it was a logical thing to do RPG-wise.

You know, start with neutral critters then work your way up to Highwaymen and Bandits, before taking on elites and boss characters.
Old 2011-04-01, 14:15   Link #9404
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Question:

Spoiler for Novel 21:

Last edited by Nayrael; 2011-04-01 at 14:29.
Old 2011-04-01, 14:27   Link #9405
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Just gonna say

Thank you novel readers for Translating the index novels. You guys bring in alot of people now interested in reading the novels and giving index 3 a chance if it were to come.
Old 2011-04-01, 14:28   Link #9406
TouMAN

wasn´t there supposed to be some kind of " big surprise" at the end of S2 ....so what was it ?

Goodwill Shall Be Trusted For Now
Old 2011-04-01, 14:37   Link #9407
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouMAN View Post
wasn´t there supposed to be some kind of " big surprise" at the end of S2 ....so what was it ?
It was a mistranslation. The big surprise was Kihara being shot in space.
Old 2011-04-01, 14:51   Link #9408
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Question:

Spoiler for Novel 21:
Hmmm Wasn't that novel 20 instead?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Because he's unlucky enough to be in trouble all the time? Hell maybe that's how he got into the Dark Side if he really was involved....bumbling in then running everywhere with all kinds of enemies chasing him down.
From LN1 I always had the impression that Touma was more used to deal with regular Level 0s than with hard to deal things at hand; in fact he was kinda surprised that his hand was actually useful (even though he could use it to run away from a Lvl 5); in any event that Seira knows about him really doesn't point out anything; for what we know he might have even rescued her before from a stalker or something and that's how she got to know of his ability.

Expanding on that idea, Touma kinda gives the impression that always plays the guy that rescues the damsel in distress; thus I was always bothered that no plot line was introduced with a girl that was in love with the "old" Touma for having rescued her from some business with thugs.

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-04-01 at 15:03.
Old 2011-04-01, 16:57   Link #9409
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post

Expanding on that idea, Touma kinda gives the impression that always plays the guy that rescues the damsel in distress; thus I was always bothered that no plot line was introduced with a girl that was in love with the "old" Touma for having rescued her from some business with thugs.
Well, there's a problem with that completely- "old" Touma apparently didn't have any deep enough friends to notice that something was wrong with his memory. Certainly, his enemies seem to know, but he manages to fool his allies. (I don't think even Tsuchimikado knows)

So why should a new girl whose only connection to him was being saved once or twice be able to spot the difference? Or even, would she be able too?
Old 2011-04-01, 17:20   Link #9410
Seihai
スマイリウム

Now that the show's over I'm probably going to catch up with what's been translated thus far. Any recommendations from where I should start? I did read Vol 7 full before. Vol 8 was only partly done then. Or maybe I could start at where the anime left off?
Old 2011-04-01, 17:24   Link #9411
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Now that the show's over I'm probably going to catch up with what's been translated thus far. Any recommendations from where I should start? I did read Vol 7 full before. Vol 8 was only partly done then. Or maybe I could start at where the anime left off?
Read the arcs that you liked. I recommend volumes 12-13 and SS since a lot of stuff was cut out due to them being crammed in together.
Old 2011-04-01, 19:21   Link #9412
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Seriously, what the hell was Touma involved in before losing his memory? lol. If Kumokawa knows he lost his memory it's because she could tell that something was different about him and that things didn't connect; unless Heaven Canceler told her. If the former's the case, then that means Touma had to have been involved with Kumokawa somehow in the past, which means he was probably in the dark side of Academy City before meeting Index. And I mean more involved than just fighting random Skill-Out members. Hell, why was he fighting Skill-Out in the first place?
Actually, we know why Kumokawa knows so much about Touma from the SS2 (It's completed on Baka-tsuki if you want to read it.)

Basically:
Spoiler:

Btw, about the new novel, after reading what's been translated on Baka, I have a good bet on what exactly is the New Testament:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-01, 20:09   Link #9413
Miraluka
Banned

NT Epilogue complete:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...lume1_Epilogue
Old 2011-04-01, 20:20   Link #9414
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
And thus Academy City's worst nightmare is realized.
Old 2011-04-01, 20:35   Link #9415
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Actually, we know why Kumokawa knows so much about Touma from the SS2 (It's completed on Baka-tsuki if you want to read it.)

Basically:
Spoiler:
Yeah, I've read it. What I was getting at is that by saying things are going on in places not in his memories, she's implying that they would be in his memories had he not lost them, which further implies he was involved in AC's dark side somehow. Maybe I picked the wrong choice of words in the post. Also, I don't think simply monitoring him would allow her to notice that his memories are lost, even if she is very smart. It seemed like she had confirmation that his memories were lost, which leads me to believe that either Heaven Canceler told her for some reason (can't imagine him letting the condition of his patients be known without their consent) or she knew him well enough to tell some things weren't connecting. I suppose there's the off chance that she could tell simply through surveillance, but it seems deeper than that.
Old 2011-04-01, 20:54   Link #9416
Miraluka
Banned

Or maybe you are overthing things up. Its just that kind of situation, Terra figured out and Fiamma too, then why not Kumokawa with just some little research on her own?
Old 2011-04-01, 21:21   Link #9417
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Or maybe you are overthing things up. Its just that kind of situation, Terra figured out and Fiamma too, then why not Kumokawa with just some little research on her own?
They could tell he lost his memories because he didn't know the truth behind IB. If that's the case, and Kumokawa knows he lost them for the same reason, then that just strengthens the idea that Touma was involved in something before losing his memories. Kamachi sure knows how to drag this shit out.
Old 2011-04-01, 21:45   Link #9418
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Hmmm Wasn't that novel 20 instead?
Spoiler:

It's 21....in the hospital where they meet.
Old 2011-04-01, 21:52   Link #9419
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
From LN1 I always had the impression that Touma was more used to deal with regular Level 0s than with hard to deal things at hand; in fact he was kinda surprised that his hand was actually useful (even though he could use it to run away from a Lvl 5); in any event that Seira knows about him really doesn't point out anything; for what we know he might have even rescued her before from a stalker or something and that's how she got to know of his ability.
Actually, from his train of thoughts in volume one, it's entirely possible that Index was the first girl he had used his powers to save from a hopelessly situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
You can read volume 8 if anything, just to see the ending with Touma and Accelerator

THe Daihaisensai arc is good for some history lessons, but it's very heavy text-wise.

I would recommend starting at book 11, imo it's as good if not slightly better than vol 7.

Quote:
We know that the 'enemy' are magicians, but it wasn't specific as to which organization. Could be a church, could be pagan, but it doesn't seem like it's the Golden Dawn otherwise Touma would just say it.

Oh, the Afterword is out too.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ume1_Afterword

Which imo, tells a better story.

- If we take things literally, Kamachi meant that Index didn't appear much in this volume, but he didn't exactly say things would be different.

- Lol, so this would be a glimps of things to come? Eventually Machines are going to overtake Espers? And while Science is constantly upgrading- They don't do it within weeks !!! Actually, even the Espers are slowly being modified by machines, Accelerator, Awaki, Mugino, and hopefully we'll even have a rebuilt Cyber=Kakine with Raiden's body and Black Wings of Vegeance.

- Yes please, I would like a crossover with Durarara now that you two are friends...
Old 2011-04-01, 21:55   Link #9420
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

^ touma touches celty. She disappears and war breaks out.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen