Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-12-26, 16:31   Link #1261
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
For why does she know he need help and was able to provide support fire?
Spoiler for :
Did they say that at some point and I missed it? Or will it come up later?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-26, 21:34   Link #1262
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Did they say that at some point and I missed it? Or will it come up later?
Unless it show up on Lena PoV, otherwise it only stated in LN
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-26, 21:52   Link #1263
Gerard07

Seen the chapter the truth was quite good, the others stayed behind so that Shin could get to Morpho and the fight between them was good, besides that Frederica proved to be useful in attracting Kiri's attention, and just at the crucial moment that receives Shin. . she unexpectedly helps and manages to win, although he did not expect Morpho to self-destruct.
The question remains what happened to the characters (I've seen some spoliers already so I have an idea) and it's really a shame we have to wait until March for the chapter, but we'll have to be patient.
Ask, how successful have you been in anime?, is there hope for a new season?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-27, 06:54   Link #1264
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Requiescat In Pace

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-27, 12:32   Link #1265
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Requiescat In Pace

Such a tragic and sad What IF .

Frederica and Shin both lost their big brothers...
Old 2021-12-27, 20:36   Link #1266
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Has the show gone into the Nouzen clan/family at all?

Loved this episode. There's only one mothertrucker who calls in the artillery support at the most opportune moments. So so so happy that Milize's still around. I can't wait for the next ep-

oh wait.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-27, 23:11   Link #1267
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Has the show gone into the Nouzen clan/family at all?

Loved this episode. There's only one mothertrucker who calls in the artillery support at the most opportune moments. So so so happy that Milize's still around. I can't wait for the next ep-

oh wait.
I think they're a clan in the Empire of Giad known for their combat prowess. I think Shin's mental abilities comes from his moms side though.
Old 2021-12-28, 11:23   Link #1268
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think they're a clan in the Empire of Giad known for their combat prowess. I think Shin's mental abilities comes from his moms side though.
I posted a while back in my notes, but the Nouzen Clan is effectively a warrior clan that has served as bodyguards of the Imperial Family for generations. Those of noble birth were often born with unique powers or skills, such as being able to communicate with one another from a distance. Shin’s ability is a variation of that due to his situation, but Shin and his brother are mixed bloods due to their mother (which the family was against and so their parents went to the Republic but the father softened after the kids were born). When the civil war started, the Nouzen Clan effectively sided with the Federacy and so they were allowed to keep some of their statuses as nobles, so Shin is technically nobility.

Shin's abilities come from his pyrope bloodline, as they tend to develop such abilities and the Federacy actually has a couple of them on the payroll who worked with Shin earlier during Episode 17 in the light novel as they were often recruited for reconnaissance and interrogation work since their ability gets around the jamming. The anime simply skipped showing them because it was minor.

They aren't the only bloodline that develops some form of psychic ability, but aside from Frederica none of them are relevant for this season.
Old 2021-12-28, 18:32   Link #1269
Yazi88

Spoiler for Novel spoiler:
Yazi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-31, 17:46   Link #1270
Twi

I finished my review late, but the anime intentionally obstructed part of that final battle from the look of it for obvious reasons. Read at your own discretion:

Spoiler:
Old 2022-01-01, 10:22   Link #1271
Eraea

If we get an actual season 2 announcement, (since this is only cour 2 for season 1)
I think we will get into the different bloodlines...
also
Spoiler for spoiler:
Eraea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-02, 01:54   Link #1272
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraea View Post
If we get an actual season 2 announcement, (since this is only cour 2 for season 1)
also
Spoiler for spoiler:
Now I can't unheard it.

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-02, 11:55   Link #1273
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraea View Post
also
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for In this case...:
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-12, 12:38   Link #1274
Twi

Isn't the new episode out today?
Old 2022-03-12, 12:45   Link #1275
Kakurin
大佐

Yes, episode 22 aired today.
Old 2022-03-12, 13:10   Link #1276
Frontier

Shin finally finishes off Kiriya, but not before getting one last conversation with his familial rival where Kiriya basically says Shin's a dead man walking, still looking for a place to die and to stop fighting, making him only a little more alive than a Legion .

Shin tries to hold onto Kiriya's hand before the explosion happens and he's flung from the Morpho, and then all the various amount of emotional trauma and pain that he's experienced up to this point hits him. His brother attacking him, losing his brother, all the people and comrades he's lost on the battlefield as he was forced to become a "Reaper" to carry on their memory even with the weight of the guilt and self-hate he feels grew and grew to the point of consuming him...all he has left is nothing but pain and grief, having lost what little he even had left, and all he wants is for it to all finally end .

And even when he wakes up he still seems to be in such pain, so exhausted and tired of being alive as he stretches to grab his Reaper nameplate, and then a lone Legion unit shows up and he finally just wants it to kill him and be done with it. But when it seems like that's actually going to be what happens, the Legion gets destroyed and a lone young woman walks straight towards him. The one woman who changes everything .

I love how Lena is walking through the Legion butterflies and warding them off like some Goddess as she approaches Shin, and walking through the lycoris that heralded their parting, only for them to survive through all this and find each other again .

Of course, they don't immediately recognize each other since Shin doesn't know what Lena looks like and at first just translates her words through the Reginlief's speech system to understand what she's saying, so to him she's just some random Republic official who somehow survived and probably isn't worth much. And it's only when she initiates the Para-RAID to talk to Shiden that he hears that voice, that beautiful voice, that he could never forget as she goes into a speech about how hard she fought to be able to be worth the faith that Spearhead put into her and proudly declares her name that Shin realizes he's talking to the one and only Vladilinea Milize, his Major .

Of course he covers for himself and disingages the Para-RAID so she doesn't hear his voice and realize it's him (although him calling her "Major" should've been a big clue), and while he's scrambling to process the emotions he's feeling at seeing her again, Lena not only reveals that the last words he and the group left for him kept her going as she fought to reach the same place they went on ahead too, but also validates Shin's entire existence and life by saying it was worthwhile that he survived and lived. The one person Shin never thought he would see again was carried on by his words, and lived on to be able to tell him that it's a good thing that he lived. Is it any wonder Shin, for the first time in forever, smiled so genuinely and hapilly while crying tears of joy ?

And just when Shin is about to open up the cockpit and get a proper first face-to-face reunion with Lena, the Legion immediately interrupt to ruin the mood and get everyone geared up for a fight...but luckily reinforcements arrive to save the day and back Shin up, with the added benefit of the rest of the team including Fido having survived and made it through as well. So not only did Shin finally find Lena again, but his comrades actually survived this time around .

What a difference it would've made if Lena had known what Shin's personal mark looks like .

You gotta love how this random new military waltzes in and Lena just hands them her gun like it's nothing, against Shiden's complaints, and just goes with them back to the Gran Mur. And then she waves and smiles at Shin, still not knowing it's him, as she flies off. It's so perfect .

Ernst still best dad calling his son and making sure he's okay...and letting Frederica know how much trouble she's in .

Shin has struggled to find a reason to keep going, a reason to fight, and a reason to keep himself from dying...but wanting to see Lena, not on a battlefield, but at a place where a queen like her deserves has finally given him the glimmer of something genuine to strive toward in his long and difficult life. And with Lena in his heart, Shin finds his new resolve and reaches towards her in the sky .

Shin just walks in to give his report and it turns out Grethe's been playing them the entire audio recording of Shin and Lena's conversation and just leaves the room so he has to endure all the teasing for his intimate heart-to-heart with the girl he thought he'd lost. I also love Kurena crying over Lena being alive .
Old 2022-03-12, 13:50   Link #1277
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I really hope they'll meet in person next time.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-12, 14:58   Link #1278
Frontier

What a stellar use of Voices of the Chord to mark the reunion of Shin and Lena .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
I really hope they'll meet in person next time.
Legion just had to ruin the moment .

Although speaking of the Legion...I'm glad Kiriya got to die as himself and save Frederica .
Old 2022-03-12, 17:51   Link #1279
Twi

Not even 30 minutes and Lena has already won Best Girl of 2022 in my book with just words and a piece of paper.

Edit: A lot of changes from the Light Novel, but might have been for the best. It sacrificed more Frederica moments for a more dramatic impact.

Last edited by Twi; 2022-03-12 at 18:45.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-12, 18:48   Link #1280
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Edit: A lot of changes from the Light Novel, but might have been for the best. It sacrificed more Frederica moments for a more dramatic impact.
I love how here Frederica comes in just as Ernst is admonishing her for even being there .

Tags
harem, mecha, politics, sci-fi