AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-04-30, 07:59   Link #1061
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Another thing, going by Prospera's explanation at the start of the episode, she's well aware that Eri in the data storm is just data. And going by Elan trying to take control and the "unable to link" that flash. Suletta has "Eri's body", because only Eri managed to link to it with her biometrics. Elnora wasn't able to.
You put it in quotes to make it a bit ambiguous since we're not sure either, but Suletta is definitely not Eri's body. Eri should be 25. We have no indication that Ad Stella has cyrogenics or any other kind of statis. I still assume she's a clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Great episode.

Though I think the shows short run( 25 episodes) is starting to come back to bite in some regards. The fast pace worked for the first cour for what it was trying to do. And it sprinkled some good character development in as well. I’ll of course reserve final judgement until the end though. But it would have been nice to slow things a little bit this episode where maybe half of it was spent still on Earth and getting Guel more development and having a talk with Olcutt along the way.
I'm grateful they didn't. Those type of episodes are always pointless filler to pad things out.

Guel has already gotten perspective of what it is like being an Earther, he doesn't need more. Olcott isn't going to change either, because the Benerit Group's routine behavior killed his family. He already knows both sides too, since he used to be one of their Cathedra Squadron too.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-30, 08:03   Link #1062
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post

I'm grateful they didn't. Those type of episodes are always pointless filler to pad things out.

Guel has already gotten perspective of what it is like being an Earther, he doesn't need more. Olcott isn't going to change either, because the Benerit Group's routine behavior killed his family. He already knows both sides too, since he used to be one of their Cathedra Squadron too.
True they can act as filler, but if handled write it can still be well done.

I wasn't so much going for Olcott redeeming himself/changing. More along the lines of Guel's development. So whatever he has planned now partly stems from that.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-30, 08:31   Link #1063
Frontier

So we finally find out what happened to Eri...she was so synched with Lfrith that the only resource available for Prospera to save her daughter when her body couldn't hold up to the rigors of space was to turn her into Permet Data that inhabits the Aerial. So it seems like hijacking Quiet Zero for her revenge is as much about Prospera getting back at Delling and the Benerit Group as it is trying to resurrect Eri somehow. But where does Suletta fit into this ?

Poor Belmaria. She wants to do the right thing and not involve herself any more in this and uphold the ideals of the Vanadis Institute...but she can't fight back against the accusations that, desperate and alone as she was, she committed human experiments in order to create doomed Gundam pilots for Peil. Especially when one of the victims of said experiments throws it back in her face .

I guess it makes sense people would blame Earth House for the terrorist attack and lash out, though luckily Miorine makes her grand return to set things straight before it escalates to some patented Chuchu fisticuffs .

So Sabina is also Earthian? That explains why she's so close to Shaddiq and his second in command .

It's brave of Nika to be willing to own up to her own responsibility in all this rather than jump ship to Shaddiq, even when they give her a good offer...though I don't think she has much of a choice because it doesn't seem like they plan to let her go otherwise .

Elan No. 5 tries to steal the Aerial for Peil Technologies, but he has one disadvantage that No. 4 didn't have...he doesn't have Suletta's permission to take it, and Eri is able to shock him senseless when he tries to steal the MS. And is Eri's consciousness in all the Bits? Is that what all those Eri's are ?

It's nice to see Miorine back with her friends and to see them welcoming her back...and with all the work she has to catch up on, but first things first, she has to spend time with her groom. And of course Prospera has to show up .

Guel returns! Honestly I was expecting they'd drag that out a little more. I mean, Lauda outright faints in joy when he sees his brother again! Is Guel planning to take back the company so Lauda doesn't have to and Petra can support Lauda ?

Things are understandably awkward between Suletta and Miorine over what happened...but Miorine is willing to own up to the fact that she overreacted when all Suletta did was save her and her father...at least up until Suletta thinks everything is A-okay and can just brush off the fact that she took a human life with the Aerial to the point where Miorine finds out that if Prospera told her to kill people she'd do it. She'd even give up her dream if Prospera told her to. Suletta is so absolutely brainwashed by her mother and Miorine finally understands it now more than ever .

Of course Miorine confronts Prospera over what she's doing to Suletta, but then Prospera throws the Vanadis Massacre in Miorine's face (although if she looks it up will she figure out the discrepancy with Suletta's age) and her fathers' crimes...to basically guilt trip her into becoming President and helping launch Quiet Zero. Everyone is getting tangled in Prospera's web of revenge .
Old 2023-04-30, 08:35   Link #1064
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
You put it in quotes to make it a bit ambiguous since we're not sure either, but Suletta is definitely not Eri's body. Eri should be 25. We have no indication that Ad Stella has cyrogenics or any other kind of statis. I still assume she's a clone.
I put it in quote, because we don't know how Suletta can share Eri's biometrics. The show haven't suggested they have cloning tech either so it can be anything.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-30, 08:43   Link #1065
Wandering Soul

Guel got back to space quicker than I thought he would. At least he stuck around to give Petra the big brother seal of approval and is probably now going to be a wild card in everyone's plans.

As Elan learned the hard way, trying to steal a sentient Gundam is a bad idea. That experience was a trip though I came out of that scene worried for Bell. Prospera and Elan really threw her actions back into the past.

Miorine knows who is actually to blame for Sueletta's actions but actually getting her to stop drinking the Prospera kool-aid is another problem altogether , especially when Prospera is so good at deflecting and guilt tripping .
Old 2023-04-30, 09:34   Link #1066
Twi

Blog review done.

I like Prospera as an antagonist. She's manipulative more than forceful, knowing just what to say to get everyone on her side. Using Belmeria's guilt and Mio's desire to protect Su for the sake of her goal. All by using mom-guilt. Top of the line antagonist material.
Old 2023-04-30, 10:29   Link #1067
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Blog review done.

I like Prospera as an antagonist. She's manipulative more than forceful, knowing just what to say to get everyone on her side. Using Belmeria's guilt and Mio's desire to protect Su for the sake of her goal. All by using mom-guilt. Top of the line antagonist material.
Well, she is a Char clone after all .
Old 2023-04-30, 10:36   Link #1068
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So we finally find out what happened to Eri...she was so synched with Lfrith that the only resource available for Prospera to save her daughter when her body couldn't hold up to the rigors of space was to turn her into Permet Data that inhabits the Aerial. So it seems like hijacking Quiet Zero for her revenge is as much about Prospera getting back at Delling and the Benerit Group as it is trying to resurrect Eri somehow. But where does Suletta fit into this ?
Maybe Prospera, after completing Quiet Zero, get the ability (or, at least, think) to get Eri from the Aerial and place her "soul" into a new body. Suletta's body.

It could be an additional reason for Prospera to make Su so obidient to her (aside of her revenge sheme in general of course): "Suletta, please be a good girl and let your elder sister to took full control over your body. Your would make your mama so happy if you do this."
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-30, 10:54   Link #1069
kuroyanagi

There's an interesting bit of worldbuilding in the news report at the beginning of the episode: they show a couple of Earthians taking down a Dilanza Sol using a bazooka. This is in contradiction of what we saw last episode - DoF's hard artillery barely made a dent in Beneritt suits - and raises the suspicion that the footage is fake, or heavily manipulated.
Old 2023-04-30, 11:27   Link #1070
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Maybe Prospera, after completing Quiet Zero, get the ability (or, at least, think) to get Eri from the Aerial and place her "soul" into a new body. Suletta's body.

It could be an additional reason for Prospera to make Su so obidient to her (aside of her revenge sheme in general of course): "Suletta, please be a good girl and let your elder sister to took full control over your body. Your would make your mama so happy if you do this."
Honestly I wonder if part of the reason Suletta is so obedient is because she's not a natural child. Like obviously she has feelings, wants, and is more or less human but the blind obedience to her mother feels like preconditioning or programming at times. Like she wasn't raised 100% naturally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroyanagi View Post
There's an interesting bit of worldbuilding in the news report at the beginning of the episode: they show a couple of Earthians taking down a Dilanza Sol using a bazooka. This is in contradiction of what we saw last episode - DoF's hard artillery barely made a dent in Beneritt suits - and raises the suspicion that the footage is fake, or heavily manipulated.
Trying to make Earth out to be more dangerous so they can justify their armed interventions?
Old 2023-04-30, 11:28   Link #1071
Kazu-kun

Prospera's "guilt tripping" works because what she's saying is true. Delling is a horrible monster and mass murderer. And while some might argue the sins of the parents aren't the sins of their children, in reality things aren't that simple. Miorine can't help feeling some responsibility because she, as his daughter, benefited from his wrong-doings. It doesn't help that Miorine is fundamentally a good person and clearly sees killing people as a horrible act.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2023-04-30 at 12:11.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-30, 11:35   Link #1072
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroyanagi View Post
You took that wrong, that news report was just this episode Jertuk lost.

But I wouldn't be surprised the Spacians News was doctored. The setting is Spacians are colonizing Earth and treating the original habitants like shit while stealing their resources and children (more than half the cast is made of Earth orphans at this point...), but only seen from the Spacians point-of-view (minus ep 15).

Things seems to be setup to end the Prospera/Suletta/Miorine arc this season, while setting the stage for a sequel about Space vs Earth.
Old 2023-04-30, 11:54   Link #1073
justavisitor

So Eri can only live inside aerial for now.

Now I find it odd that Prospera is so content that each time aerial is being confiscated. You know all it takes is one gundam hater (and we have a lot in this show) to say, "Damn it I will destroy the confiscated gundam and report to the superior later!!" and then Eri is gone (especially we don't even have a president around anymore at this moment)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-30, 12:40   Link #1074
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Prospera's "guilt tripping" works because what she's saying is true. Delling is a horrible monster and mass murderer. And while some might argue the sins of the parents aren't the sins of their children, in reality things aren't that simple. Miorine can't help feeling some responsibility because she, as his daughter, benefited from his wrong-doings. It doesn't help that Miorine is fundamentally a good person and clearly sees killing people as a horrible act.
I think it also probably helps that Prospera is framing it as something that would help Suletta if she involves herself in Quiet Zero.
Old 2023-04-30, 13:13   Link #1075
azarhal

With the SAL back, I realize we still don't know who is the person Prospera was talking to via phone after Belmeria talked to her for the first time in season one.

And in this episode she said "her family's vengeance", but her daughters are rather clueless on the matter. Secret family revelation before the season is over?
Old 2023-04-30, 13:33   Link #1076
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 16

Wow. Good episode. Prospera is super scary. I hope Miorine can find a way to break Suletta from her control. But is Suletta even... a person? Can't wait to see her real history. And yes, it's great to have Bob back. I hope he'll take everything he learned and use his company for good. Didn't they say the next president needs the backing of one of the big 3? Maybe that's his part in this?
Old 2023-04-30, 13:37   Link #1077
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So that's why Prospera shed tears of joy back in episode 9 when Suletta & Aerial managed to reach PS6. It's just 2 PS away from her goal (PS8) to "free Eri"

Also, Suletta's state of mind is kind of a mix between early indoctrinated Heero & Mika who entrusted all big/important/intelectual decisions of his life to someone he respect who grew up with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Prospera just revealing everything. Curious how she reveals to Mio that she wants vengeance against Delling, but still asks her to become the next president to keep quiet zero safe.
Other than guilt-tripping, Prospera still has "I'll free Suletta from my influence"-card to have Mio do things. Also, this might be minor to her but her GUND-Arm company's survial depends on the new president of Benerit.

Quote:
With the SAL back, I realize we still don't know who is the person Prospera was talking to via phone after Belmeria talked to her for the first time in season one.
Unless it's meant to be a complete mystery, I think she talked to either Godoy or Delling or even Rajan at that point.
Old 2023-04-30, 13:58   Link #1078
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Unless it's meant to be a complete mystery, I think she talked to either Godoy or Delling or even Rajan at that point.
At first I thought it was Delling, but after this episode I'm starting to doubt it. It looks more like Prospera is trying to use Bel/Peil for something in her revenge plan.

It could be Godoy, who is a total mystery since he doesn't have a character profile on the official website. Which is weird, even the Earthians who died in ep 15 got one...
Old 2023-04-30, 14:07   Link #1079
Kazu-kun

Quote:
And in this episode she said "her family's vengeance", but her daughters are rather clueless on the matter. Secret family revelation before the season is over?
Eri is not clueless. The Cradle Planet novel makes it very clear Eri knows what her mom is planning. Eri just didn't want Suletta to get involved with that.
Old 2023-04-30, 14:52   Link #1080
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Eri is not clueless. The Cradle Planet novel makes it very clear Eri knows what her mom is planning. Eri just didn't want Suletta to get involved with that.
Eri/Aerial knows her mom wants revenge, Cradle Planet makes no mention of her knowing her mom's plans for it (outside learning a day in advance about going to school) and especially point out that her mom can't hear her. She has zero say in the "family's vengeance" plot.