AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-09, 04:29   Link #1321
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Ah, the flaws of copy-pasting the same reaction everywhere.

I enjoyed this episode because, just like with Unzen last season, the villains are actually right. The heroes have no counterargument, because they actually are hypocrites in this matter. It all boils down to "I don't like you", but they'll never admit that. Even though of course it is quite natural to dislike Oudo.
Well, yes, but the alternative is basically Base Medaka, minus her ideals, and I think we all know that Base Medaka in story is a terrifying prospect.

Do you want to see someone of Medaka's abilities adopting... Unzen, or Oudo's worldview? (Since this is an Anime only thread, well, he who can't yet be named can't be invoked here).

I'd say that Medaka's worldview, unpleasant as it is, is better than many other alternatives. Of course, the villains arguments does suggest that someone as naturally domineering and influential as Medaka might as well isolate herself from humanity, to avoid imposing her will on others, as she naturally is inclined to do so.

However, since this isn't an option, then the question then should be what kind of positions inform Medaka's influential actions?

In a sense, Medaka especially are inevitably "Ubermensch", looking for a purpose, a form of self actualization. Her perfection makes her empty, and brings to the forefront of her psyche the existential question: why was she born? I also suspect Naze/Kikura had the same problem: being inhumanly perfect, she choose suffering to artificially create a purpose for herself.

And yes, Oudo is a hypocrite - he's simply trying to induce a "new" purpose to Medaka, and construct a "new" answer to that basic question: why was Medaka-sue born.

In a way, I think Nisio is putting forth a Meta-point here, that when we say Mary Sue's shouldn't exist, then a genre savvy Mary Sue would then ask: what is the purpose of her existence? And Medaka Box is a very genre savvy story.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 04:58   Link #1322
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
it's about a twitter post from the seiyuu Ogata Megumi hoping that the dvds will sell well so that there can be a third season
Which isn't happening. The preorders now are even worse than the sales of the 1st season (~800 BD copies at it's best).
As it's been already said
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Sadly, I think Medaka Box scared away most viewers who would have appreciated the Flask Plan arc. (Especially Post-Naze).
So the ones who are intersted in buying discs are either die-hard fans of the Medaka Box universe or the ones that actually liked the first season... wha?

Last edited by Iby; 2012-12-09 at 07:24.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 10:20   Link #1323
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Which isn't happening. The preorders now are even worse than the sales of the 1st season (~800 BD copies at it's best).
As it's been already said
yeah....yeah, I know ;_;

But hey, if TWGOK can get a third season, then Medaka has a chance! So sales aren't everything! right? ...right...? ;___;
Old 2012-12-09, 14:30   Link #1324
Valid

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
yeah....yeah, I know ;_;

But hey, if TWGOK can get a third season, then Medaka has a chance! So sales aren't everything! right? ...right...? ;___;
Can't wait to see the last episode....waiting for an announcement to prove the sales wrong....although that will most likely not happen.
Old 2012-12-10, 05:18   Link #1325
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ep 8 and ep 9 are truly amazing.... or I must say, Medaka season 2 really amazing!
I'm glad that I decide to continue watching second season (I don't like first season at all)

let's see who will be the one that snapped out Medaka and bring her back...
I really wish Hitoyoshi's kiss will do...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 12:03   Link #1326
klare

amazing that Kikaijima biting off her fingernails to stay awake, actually the ability to shoot sound cannon should already made her an abnormal, the hardness of her swimsuit is abnormal too^^

looking forward to Medaka Kai
Old 2012-12-11, 05:35   Link #1327
Gohan78
Awakened One

I am disappointed that Zenkichi never made the obvious counterargument: Medaka's persuasion always leaves the final decision to the subject, while Oudo's brainwashing strips the subject of any will. There is no way we can put the two methods on the same scale.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 22:52   Link #1328
Dr. Casey

Lord... the Flask Plan is all kinds of fucked up. I hope this season sees the story arc to its conclusion, because it will be satisfying to see the Flask Plan destroyed, assuming that's how the story arc ends. Talk about a twisted little project that screwed up lots of kids' lives and psyches.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 04:29   Link #1329
Clarste
Human

How is the flask plan screwed up? These kids had their lives screwed up before the flask plan. If anything, the flask plan saved them. Autopilot guy got a purpose in life that was being lived on autopilot for its own sake, Munakata got a refuge where he didn't have to worry about killing anyone, Itami fulfilled her dream of becoming abnormal, Naze found a place to suffer and build character, and Yuzuhashi met someone who could drown out the noise that was driving him (her?) crazy. Every single one of them benefited from it. At its most basic, it's a place to belong for people who didn't belong anywhere.

Honestly, the only bad thing we've heard about the Flask Plan is Oudo's assumption that they'd eventually test it on the normal students in a dangerous way, but they never really followed up on that.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 09:56   Link #1330
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Hmmm I hope they won't put everything that's left from Flask Plan arc in this episode, because this time Saeki Shouji is working on script, storyboards, and directing 10th episode together with Shundou Kana who have done the 5th episode from this season together with animation director Hasegawa Tetsuya, who is working on this episode too (it was and episode about Munakata with quite good animation). At least if they won't end there the episode should be somewhat epic.
Old 2012-12-12, 12:06   Link #1331
[HearT]

Spoiler for eppy:
Old 2012-12-12, 13:06   Link #1332
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 16:00   Link #1333
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
How is the flask plan screwed up? These kids had their lives screwed up before the flask plan. If anything, the flask plan saved them. Autopilot guy got a purpose in life that was being lived on autopilot for its own sake, Munakata got a refuge where he didn't have to worry about killing anyone, Itami fulfilled her dream of becoming abnormal, Naze found a place to suffer and build character, and Yuzuhashi met someone who could drown out the noise that was driving him (her?) crazy. Every single one of them benefited from it. At its most basic, it's a place to belong for people who didn't belong anywhere.

Honestly, the only bad thing we've heard about the Flask Plan is Oudo's assumption that they'd eventually test it on the normal students in a dangerous way, but they never really followed up on that.
Well, that and their playing "Operation" on Maguro.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 16:08   Link #1334
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, that and their playing "Operation" on Maguro.
Maguro did that to himself. He was the supervisor at the time.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 16:19   Link #1335
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Still crazy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 00:22   Link #1336
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Do you know Japanese? If not then why are you watching anime in raws and then even leaving comments about it here?
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2012-12-13, 13:14   Link #1337
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Do you know Japanese? If not then why are you watching anime in raws and then even leaving comments about it here?
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Spoiler for Medaka's past, possibly later manga chapters too:
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 23:24   Link #1338
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Nope, it was flashback from ch.51 - he just obviously don't know Japanese though he watched this dialogue-heavy episode and commented about this.
Spoiler for Ep.10:

Last edited by Iby; 2012-12-14 at 01:51.
Old 2012-12-14, 06:57   Link #1339
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.10

yikes so heel medaka so ice queen so much really don't give a what about anything yet zenkichi going all way get THE medaka back.

cause tears crying still showing there still part of her still around during flashback of medaka kiddies years til meeting with kiddie zenkichi & also make everyone happy.

tada medaka cena is back again now she will everyone happy once again!!!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 08:07   Link #1340
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 22 (or Abnormal 10):
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, shounen