AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 44 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 31.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-07, 01:56   Link #61
wana10

Spoiler for just in case:

awesome ep!
Old 2007-08-07, 06:55   Link #62
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Thank you so much.

So another reference from KyoAni. I think i'm going to get the OVA and complete my transformation into an avid fan of KyoAni.
Old 2007-08-07, 07:54   Link #63
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krln99 View Post
I like how Patricia is more of an otaku than all of the Japanese characters except for Hiyorin and Kona.
Indeed, reminds of those two wonderful american fans from Genshiken, Sue & Angela.

Speaking of Hiyori, i wonder if she knows Konata~
Old 2007-08-07, 08:10   Link #64
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Thus completes the grand slam of self-referencing.

@Goldalchemist: Go for it......hehehehe
Old 2007-08-07, 08:55   Link #65
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminisk View Post
Ugh, what possessed me to delete my first post.

Anyways, I loved Lagoon Engine by Yukiru Sugisaki.

I was sorta disappointed when I found out that author suddenly stopped working on it awhile ago, I thought it was just slow translation, but now I just noticed recently that she started releasing new chapters again; I hope it'll get translated soon so I can buy it over here.
Now if she can just start working on D.N. Angel again.
Now that I think about it, Sugisaki rarely completes her work, I'm still waiting for DN Angel to conclude. I pity poor Tsukasa-chan that she might never be able to see the ending of Lagoon Engine ever.

Kona-chan complains about news coverages getting in the way of anime broadcasts, yet as a hard-core, surely she must have heard of the "Legend of TV Tokyo"?

I remember seeing this blog that lists the number of times that TV Tokyo has ignored whatever breaking news there is and continued with its anime broadcasts.

They even got screenshots of various channels of the time when the news was being broadcast, from negotiations with North Korea, Shinzo Abe becoming new Prime Minister, and even the recent election. All the other channels were shown covering the related news, except one channel: TV Tokyo.

This "legend" has become so infamous that it even got parodied in Keroro Gunso, with Keroro not aware of some news related to another character since he was watching anime on TV Tokyo. LOL
Old 2007-08-07, 12:50   Link #66
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

nice ep. I really like Hiyori and Misao, good to see Misao getting some more screen time

and woo hoo to the FMP bit
Old 2007-08-07, 12:53   Link #67
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aieee, another ep of Lucky Star goodness. The younger group of girls are being quite nicely profiled (where L*S will focus if it continues once the 4 Musketeers graduate).

Liked the Nanako-Konata imaginary duel .... I suspect these two will be gaming with each other long after their hair greys.

Misao-san is cast from the same gene pool as some other snaggle girl we love but Misao's voice is batshit insane lovable.

Other people have done the details.. so I'll just say both 17 and 18 are sublime for me.
Old 2007-08-07, 13:01   Link #68
Meophist

Quote:
Not the biggest, but you're not supposed to know anything about the otaku world...

It's not really (just) we, but I'm being polite and exaggerating a bit. The Japanese won't stare.
Actually, I didn't know anything about the otaku world. It was quite a long time ago, and although I was interested in games/anime at the time, the games I played were on the Famicon and the anime I watched included Doraemon, Sazae-san, Crayon Shin-chan, and this old magical girl show that wasn't Sailor Moon. At least, I think that was the anime I watched back then.

It was an interesting experience, but I don't think I could be considered an otaku at the time.
Old 2007-08-07, 13:09   Link #69
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Actually, I didn't know anything about the otaku world. It was quite a long time ago, and although I was interested in games/anime at the time, the games I played were on the Famicon and the anime I watched included Doraemon, Sazae-san, Crayon Shin-chan, and this old magical girl show that wasn't Sailor Moon. At least, I think that was the anime I watched back then.

It was an interesting experience, but I don't think I could be considered an otaku at the time.
Then you sounded just like an average Japanese kid then. Everyone watches those... No you weren't an otaku by far. But today, given the fact you watch L*S, you would probably be considered an otaku. If I'm in a JP HS right now, the last thing I would talk about is L*S or anime. Maybe a sports manga... that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
The clip with Pan-kun was awesome. (His doggie reminds me of Densuke from Dennou Coil... shameless promotion.) I can't help but think it was staged though to make him look smarter than he already is though, for example maybe he actually took a much longer time to figure out how to get through the ticket-eating machine and had to watch many people instead of just the one lady.
Of course it's staged like any good TV show. Pan-Kun is smart, but asking a 3-years old to buy a ticket and ride the train to a specific station is probably impossible. Some ADULTS have problem with it. He was trained to perform all the acts and most likely have little understanding of the acts he's doing, but he really did them by himself when the camera was rolling. He probably did NG like a thousand times before, but that's like any real human actors too. I see it more like Pan-kun acting in his little drama... even if it's all staged, it is still impressive and cute.
Old 2007-08-07, 13:37   Link #70
Panzer Bandit
Serfectly Pober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Misao-san is cast from the same gene pool as some other snaggle girl we love but Misao's voice is batshit insane lovable.

Other people have done the details.. so I'll just say both 17 and 18 are sublime for me.
There's something about Misao's voice that makes her so amazingly cute...I can't really describe it, but it matches her personality exactly. I remember hearing her "Oi, Hiiragi!" during her first appearance and already thinking her voice was awesome.
Old 2007-08-07, 13:39   Link #71
aorta

Miyuki as a sheep was interesting since she had horns, which is a male thing. If she had been wearing a bell, I would think it was a Nanatsuiro Drops reference.
Old 2007-08-07, 13:56   Link #72
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorta View Post
Miyuki as a sheep was interesting since she had horns, which is a male thing. If she had been wearing a bell, I would think it was a Nanatsuiro Drops reference.
That can only mean that Miyuki is a seme like Minami... wait, does BL term apply to Yuri as well?
Old 2007-08-07, 16:49   Link #73
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Thus completes the grand slam of self-referencing....
In fact, the self-referencing goes even one step further: Ichiko, carrying the umbrella, was played both in Munto2 and here by Shimizu Kaori (Lain), who happens to be on hand to play Hiyori.

And for another self-reference, that line of Konata's to Kagami during the jiiii.... reading scene that her "face is too close" was said by Sugita Tomokazu to Ono Daisuke during the Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekisou live show. I don't know if it has a history before that, but it may. Perhaps it was a Hirano Aya ad lib.

I too find Misao more and more entertaining. Mizuhara Kaoru is doing a great job with her voice, and visually that may be the best implementation of snaggle-tooth I've ever seen.

Hiyori, too, is a great combo of good animation and a good script. Her ineffectual guilt over seeing her friends in this way was a great touch. And Minami and Yutaka are...just...great together.

The main writer, Machida Douko, is credited with writing both this ep and ep17. And the storyboard is by the old and new directors together: Yamamoto Yutaka and Takemoto Yasuhiro. I don't know whether this means Yamakan is back working on this show, or Takemoto is just finishing an ep Yamakan started before he left. I see from a list of future staff (on 2channel) that neither of the directors appears as director or storyboarder of any future episode.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-08-07, 17:48   Link #74
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The main writer, Machida Douko, is credited with writing both this ep and ep17. And the storyboard is by the old and new directors together: Yamamoto Yutaka and Takemoto Yasuhiro. I don't know whether this means Yamakan is back working on this show, or Takemoto is just finishing an ep Yamakan started before he left. I see from a list of future staff (on 2channel) that neither of the directors appears as director or storyboarder of any future episode.
I was going to wait for the ref list but I'll point this out now... the is actually a line in this episode that actually parodied what Yamakan wrote after he "resigned" from L*S. He is involved in this EP. I think they've kissed and made up.
Old 2007-08-07, 18:25   Link #75
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

there's already an ep.18?!!

Man 2 days gone by haven't log in...damn need to catch up!
Old 2007-08-07, 18:36   Link #76
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

I swear someday anisawa's gonna end up as a pile of pure carbon.
Old 2007-08-07, 18:38   Link #77
Kryptik

Misao dresses a bit girlier than I expected, coming off kind of Kagura-esque. Still, there's some strange charm about her that I find utterly cute.

And Hiyori feels like the standout of the secondary four. I just love her conflicted self-adominishing. Her voice seems totally perfect for the character! XD
Old 2007-08-07, 21:24   Link #78
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Fun episode. Loved the SPW spoof(Still have yet to play that series...), More screen time for all the other side characters(Yutaka's starting to grow on me.),and the "3-second rule" scene.

But one simple quote in this episode really stood out for me, and it was when Konata was saying how she'll make her batteries in her cellphone last twice as long, and the final thought from Kagami in that scene was "She's one of those people who spend so much money of their hobbies, but are stingy when it comes to everything else."

That quote was funny but at the same time I felt a little inner punch to my heart for a bit because of the simple fact that it pretty much describes me as well.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2007-08-07, 21:55   Link #79
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
there's already an ep.18?!!

Man 2 days gone by haven't log in...damn need to catch up!
yup, this speedy fansub group (guerrand) has recently taken on lucky star since ep 17. it took them 2 days to get the ep 18 subs up and running.
Old 2007-08-07, 21:57   Link #80
kawaiidesu189

It was so funny! especially the part where Kagami made Konata read the manga and she was like "Stareeee~~~~~~~~"
lol
Closed Thread