AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-12, 04:52   Link #2441
Nanashi_1337

You know what I miss in this game? An original character if possible, and not only a not-that-different Battler). I even came out with an idea before Cross, but I guess I was expecting too much. Of course, it's really easy to just pull an idea but hard to make it, but still. This is the character I thought about:

Spoiler for Skip if you're not interested in knowing:

Last edited by Nanashi_1337; 2012-01-12 at 05:35.
Old 2012-01-12, 06:14   Link #2442
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That wouldn't be a good idea whatsoever: adding a completely original character in Ougon wouldn't make much sense plotwise, but it would definitely annoy people who would expect their favorite character to be included, instead of a random char coming out of nowhere.
Old 2012-01-12, 06:37   Link #2443
Meltyred

I would wish for Sorcerer Battler...
Or Goldsmith, meta special being DRAGON TRANSFORM.
If Genji wasn't so against fighting, I would like him also. (He seems like a super strong person...)
Oh Godha for joke character.
Old 2012-01-12, 07:36   Link #2444
reiimuuchan

I want witch Maria in the game, even if she already is an assist to Rosa... Lucifer is an assist to Beato, so I think it could work. Maria's meta super would have to be twisting somebody's limbs as she did to Rosa in ep 4 XD
Featherine would be interesting, too... or Gaap.

But, I'm kind of worried the game won't get many more updates, given Ryukishi has stopped working on Umineko, and is going to start an new when they cry series soon >:
Old 2012-01-12, 08:03   Link #2445
Eriko 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiimuuchan View Post
But, I'm kind of worried the game won't get many more updates, given Ryukishi has stopped working on Umineko, and is going to start an new when they cry series soon >:
A new When They Cry series? Where did you get this information?

EDIT: Forget it. I saw now the information on Higanbana Forum.
Well, lthe way R07 says on his journal, I don't think he'll do a WTC5-6.

Last edited by Eriko 556; 2012-01-12 at 08:15.
Old 2012-01-12, 09:37   Link #2446
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiimuuchan View Post
I don't know how aggressive Ryuukishi is when it comes to introducing his new series and getting attention away from the old, but Higurashi's still getting OVAs and whatnot,
so I don't see why a new series would mean they'd abandon something they started with an old one. They did express interest in fixing up the engine back when they asked which direction the fans wanted them to take with Ougon 2 too.
Old 2012-01-12, 10:01   Link #2447
Nanashi_1337

But there's no more characters to add. As much as people wants Gaap (like me), there's not enough material in the series to make her a fighting game character. I don't know who else we could put in there, apart from Featherine, but really, she suffers the same problem as Gaap. That's why at this point, when there's no more characters to add from the games, I wouldn't mind an original character.

That, or a Higurashi vs Umineko crossover fighting game.
Old 2012-01-12, 10:02   Link #2448
maximilianjenus
[E]

Then people voted for more chaarcters and somehow they still managed to break the engine, maybe it was out of spite ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
I would wish for Sorcerer Battler...
Or Goldsmith, meta special being DRAGON TRANSFORM.
If Genji wasn't so against fighting, I would like him also. (He seems like a super strong person...)
Oh Godha for joke character.
gohda being a serious character would be the joke, he would be a steven seagal clone, that being a knife wielding aikido user, see the post ep05 extra tip or chapter 02 of the tsubasa manga.

We still have not gotten gaap yet so i can't be interested on a new character, ryuguu was still hinted, but i can still see them adding more new characters based off the already existing ones.
Old 2012-01-12, 10:06   Link #2449
Nanashi_1337

No joke characters, please. That goes after there's nothing more to add and you just want to put an extra silly thing to finally complete the roster.
Old 2012-01-12, 10:11   Link #2450
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
I want every Sin Stake playable.
People love clone characters, I mean that's why Street Fighter is super-popular.
Old 2012-01-12, 10:16   Link #2451
battle22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
But there's no more characters to add. As much as people wants Gaap (like me), there's not enough material in the series to make her a fighting game character. I don't know who else we could put in there, apart from Featherine, but really, she suffers the same problem as Gaap. That's why at this point, when there's no more characters to add from the games, I wouldn't mind an original character.

That, or a Higurashi vs Umineko crossover fighting game.
you kidding me? so shanon has fighting material in the series?
gaap had more moves than her. dont get me wrong i like shanon but saying there werent enough materials in series is bull...
sorry for my english.
Old 2012-01-12, 10:34   Link #2452
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Yeah, it's pretty disappointing that they didn't include Gaap while Shannon still gets to dump trays and cups on the opponents head...But at any rate, Umineko has seriously a looooot of characters, so chances are we'll still get more of them. After all, there's still Bern, Lambda and willard coming up!

P.S: Finallyyyyy! Finally managed to beat Black Battler+Dlanor in Hard with Beato+Erika!
Old 2012-01-12, 10:35   Link #2453
CrimsonMoonMist

If French Bread could make Hisui into a fighting game character,
then nothing should be impossible with some imagination.
Heck, Shannon is pretty similar in this regard,
the only fighting she did as far as I remember was protecting people and squishing Maria.
So her moveset is pretty much just made up from the keywords 'maid + barriers'
Except for the seagull which I have no idea how they came up with.
Old 2012-01-12, 10:44   Link #2454
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
People love clone characters, I mean that's why Street Fighter is super-popular.
>Implying people played Street Fighter only because of clone characters and implying it was never popular before the Shotoclone nonsense.

The only Stake Sisters I could see being in this game are Satan because she's the second oldest and Mammon because of Ange. Even then, we be in Shotoclone Country with them two.

Old 2012-01-12, 10:50   Link #2455
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
If French Bread could make Hisui into a fighting game character,
then nothing should be impossible with some imagination.
Heck, Shannon is pretty similar in this regard,
the only fighting she did as far as I remember was protecting people and squishing Maria.
So her moveset is pretty much just made up from the keywords 'maid + barriers'
Except for the seagull which I have no idea how they came up with.
Cause Umineko.
Basically it's because of the title itself.
Old 2012-01-12, 10:50   Link #2456
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
I'm probably the only person who wants to see Ange-Beatrice involved. It just doesn't seem right to have Sakutaro and the stakes as her main attacks anymore, after considering what a huge role she played in Episode 8. She could keep the summoning aspect by using the resurrection magic, but a new costume and some new moves would be nice.

Goldsmith would also be pretty cool. He'd have a Winchester, with the siestas as supports (Episode 4), and turn into a dragon for his meta special.

I'd also like to see Gaap come in with her kicks and pitfalls, and Featherine just for completions sake (She's got a few fighting scenes, and artistic interpretation can be used to fill out the rest of her moves). But it's doubtful that we'll get any more characters, considering the current roster is 19.
Old 2012-01-12, 10:52   Link #2457
Nanashi_1337

We may get one more, but I doubt they go past 20.
Old 2012-01-12, 11:00   Link #2458
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Storm View Post
>Implying people played Street Fighter only because of clone characters and implying it was never popular before the Shotoclone nonsense.

The only Stake Sisters I could see being in this game are Satan because she's the second oldest and Mammon because of Ange. Even then, we be in Shotoclone Country with them two.
You're right, it wasn't fair... But take a look at Melty Blood.
Hell, almost every character has one or two alternate version...

As for Umineko, Gaap would be the most logical choice for next character
Old 2012-01-12, 11:02   Link #2459
reiimuuchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
I would love all the stakes to be playable too, because I really like Beelzebub, Belphegor and Asmodeus... and Belphegor was like, 16th on the character popularity poll, wasn't she?
But... I don't think it's going to happen... maybe it would be too much effort just to basically make 7 clone characters?
Plus I'm sure there are characters people want in the game more XD
Old 2012-01-12, 11:16   Link #2460
CrimsonMoonMist

7 clone characters are definitely too much,
even if every one of them had different movesets.
Personal opinons aside,
It's fine to just have Lucifer represent the stakes
and 410 for the chiesters.
Closed Thread