Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-07, 11:44   Link #21
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post
i dont see any point of the SH going for 2 year training....i mean...look at all the other rookie...law...he didnt go for any training and got his bounty still raised to 440million and now a warlord.....and all the other rookie did fine as well..such as Kid who took out Big mom ships.....i mean...SH n kid n law as like around the same standard/rank when they meet at Sabondy island 2 years back...
Well for one thing you must ask is how far they have gotten. They have been in the new world for 2 whole years and they aren't even close to finding one piece. Kid may have knocked over one of Big mom's ships, but the Starwhats on the otherhand, will probably wind up toppling over Big Mom herself within a month or two after entering the new world.

Though I would also point out that Law was also patient as he did not go directly to the new world and chose to wait for whatever reason.
Old 2012-03-07, 12:19   Link #22
cj1277

Woot alright figured it was Law he looks really cool in that coat too. As for the reason for becoming a Shichibukai i guess we can figure it out later but it does fit him. The thing about Law is he's not necessarily a good guy just cause he helped Luffy, but more of a manipulative guy. Can't wait to see what he's up to and what his DF ability can really do.
Old 2012-03-07, 12:21   Link #23
marvelB

Yep, this was an awesome chapter, all right. Funny that I wasn't the only one who thought of Brownbeard when the centaur boss appeared. Still, I doubt that it's him (if he's even still alive, he was probably taken in by Hawkins or else got taken in by the marines). Also interesting to see that those gas mask guys are also mutants, after all. So apparently they're sheep/goat men? Actually, that kinda reminds me of those goat-people from Eneru's militia in the Skypiea arc. Could they possibly be related....?

As for Law becoming a warlord, that doesn't really surprise me. I figured that either he or Kidd would get the position some time during the skip. It's interesting that we're seeing him so soon after Luffy and co. entered the New World, though. Anyways, I still sort of doubt that he'll end up being an enemy (at least for now). My guess is that he's at PH for similar reasons as Smoker (penetrating the mysteries of the island).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
LOL, in Robin's imagination Ussop is her "raft" carrying her across the sea. And he is clearly very happy to be her raft .
Yeah, that was actually one of my favorite parts of the chapter, too. Well, even if Usopp wouldn't let Robin ride him while he swims through scalding hot water, I'd bet Sanji would agree to it in a heartbeat.

BTW, it was also cool to see Brooke holding his own against the samurai's torso. Though I'm sort of thinking that the samurai's power was cut down due to being split apart. Once he's been reconnected, who knows how much stronger he'll become.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Solid/Liquid/Gassy Logia, did you guys notice that?

We've pretty much been saying that since last chapter, but yeah, it certainly would seem that the "master" of PH is some sort of gas-type logia. Part of me wonders if he's ALSO a new shichibukai, like Law....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
But why did he even become a Shichibukai? What does he gain by this position? Especially when we consider, that the Shichibukai are only active in the first half of the grand line.

Uh, have you already forgotten about Blackbeard? It's quite likely that Law chose to become a warlord in order to achieve whatever goals he has in mind that would have been more difficult for him if he merely remained an outlaw. I mean, if Teach could gain the government's favor just so he could bust a bunch of criminals out of jail, why can't Law use the government to his benefit, as well? I mean, he even said himself right before the skip happened that he was in no rush to find the One Piece.....

Oh, and as paradox13 already said, the shichibukai only being active in the GL's first half is complete BS. The ENTIRE Grand Line is pretty much their playground, not just Paradise alone. Just because we haven't seen any of them in the NW at the time doesn't mean that access was restricted for them (though islands like PH would obviously be an exception, as Smoker pointed out this very chapter).

Edit: Oh, and I guess people had also forgotten about Moria, who was ALSO after the OP even though he was already a shichibukai.
Old 2012-03-07, 13:08   Link #24
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

So mythical creature after mythical creature keeps popping up in this arc. First a dragon, then a harpy, then a clan of centaurs and now a group of satyrs working for this "M" fellow.

Considering they were surrounded by lots chemistry bottles and such, they must be some kind of scientist or something. All these "mythical" creatures may just be the result of their or Vegapunk's experiments mutating them or something.

As for why Law is there, I wonder if he's after this "M" fellow for some reason? Or maybe he's working with "M"? His devil fruit power could be connected to all these half-human half-animal creatures we've been seeing.

In any case, there still are a lot of questions.
Old 2012-03-07, 13:22   Link #25
leokiko

Too...many...enemies....too epic!

Battle Royale soon, maybe? That would be awesome
Old 2012-03-07, 13:42   Link #26
Rainbowman

I'm glad that Nami and Chopper escaped with the children. What I found surprising is that Trafalgar Law became a shichibukai. I wonder if Buggy, Kidd, Hawkins, and Bonney are made into shichibukai as well?
Old 2012-03-07, 13:56   Link #27
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, it was also cool to see Brooke holding his own against the samurai's torso. Though I'm sort of thinking that the samurai's power was cut down due to being split apart. Once he's been reconnected, who knows how much stronger he'll become.....
Think that was deal there, I mean without a head or legs he still gave Brooke a run for his money, that means he's got real talent.
Only in One Piece could you find a just a torso without head or legs being bad ass

Really good chapter, some nice twists and turns.

Chopper's mannerisms in that kung fu point was funny.
Old 2012-03-07, 14:02   Link #28
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Makes me wonder, if he killed those 100 pirates. Seeing how the samurai is perfectly alive, running around in different pieces, Law could have probably removed the hearts without killing anyone.
That makes sense - if Law could basically put 100 pirates or even pirate crews under the WG's control that way, I see how they would pardon him and even give him the Shichibukai title. But my first thought was that he's actually a cold, calculating psycho .

I almost expected him to tell Smoker: "But you're forgetting one thing... I am the LAW "
Old 2012-03-07, 14:31   Link #29
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Think that was deal there, I mean without a head or legs he still gave Brooke a run for his money, that means he's got real talent.
Only in One Piece could you find a just a torso without head or legs being bad ass

Heh heh, yep. Also, this makes me wonder how strong Momonosuke (the son) is, as well? We still haven't seen him yet, unless he's already been turned into one of those mutant freaks....

Anyways, now that Law is back, I'm more interested in seeing Bepo again than anything. Maybe he'll pull a Pekoms on Smoker and knock him out with a single kick!
Old 2012-03-07, 15:09   Link #30
gazawraith

be interesting to find out Laws story. I'd assume his new title is easy crossing of the grand line quick and safe with the gov.
Old 2012-03-07, 15:15   Link #31
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yeah!!! how many enemies actually are here???

Law's appearance is very shocking.... I wonder if Luffy will fight against him or be thankful to him because saving his life after Marineford's battle

and that's the best explanation about why strange animals are exist... so Law just cut them and make strange creatures like centaurs, etc

Trafalgar Law is new shichibukai... wow!!!
Old 2012-03-07, 16:02   Link #32
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I'm glad that Nami and Chopper escaped with the children. What I found surprising is that Trafalgar Law became a shichibukai. I wonder if Buggy, Kidd, Hawkins, and Bonney are made into shichibukai as well?
Well i feel like we can be pretty certain Buggy has become a shickibukai given the messenger bat he received from the government. There's a high probably that was an invitation and its well within Buggy's character to accept it; he would want to get the marines off his back and add to his fierce reputation so that he can avoid fighting anyone who might be able to prove to the world that he's a fraud.

But with buggy very likely taking up the 5th position and Law taking the 6th position , that means there is just ONE seat left. I would doubt that it would be Kidd; With Law as a shickibukai i feel it would be more fitting that Kidd remain a free pirate to act as one of Luffy's rivals. Also Law broke the animal theme that the Shickibukai had, so I would not jump to conclusions based on names alone... So that will be the next big mystery of the timeskip... who has taken the 7th position; cause right now we have no clues.
Old 2012-03-07, 16:55   Link #33
leokiko

Kidd is insane and hate the marines and the weak. It should be obvious he is NOT an Shichibukai.

Law has always been this smart scientist, that only cares for a high chance of sucess, executed through his plans. An Shichibukai, which gives him freedom, is the best position.
Old 2012-03-07, 16:57   Link #34
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well i feel like we can be pretty certain Buggy has become a shickibukai given the messenger bat he received from the government. There's a high probably that was an invitation and its well within Buggy's character to accept it; he would want to get the marines off his back and add to his fierce reputation so that he can avoid fighting anyone who might be able to prove to the world that he's a fraud.

But with buggy very likely taking up the 5th position and Law taking the 6th position , that means there is just ONE seat left. I would doubt that it would be Kidd; With Law as a shickibukai i feel it would be more fitting that Kidd remain a free pirate to act as one of Luffy's rivals. Also Law broke the animal theme that the Shickibukai had, so I would not jump to conclusions based on names alone... So that will be the next big mystery of the timeskip... who has taken the 7th position; cause right now we have no clues.
there is actually 2 more seats to filled.

PS. who is the guy on the covered page.
Old 2012-03-07, 17:09   Link #35
marvelB

^Nope, I'm pretty sure SlayerX is right here. If we count Buggy, then there should indeed only be ONE other new warlord aside from Law. That is, unless you're counting Kuma? Because mindless machine or not, I'm pretty sure he's still considered a warlord, as well.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
PS. who is the guy on the covered page.

I mentioned this in my post near the top of this page, but he's that dude from the slave auction at Sabaody (remember, the guy who was working under Doflamingo?).
Old 2012-03-07, 17:12   Link #36
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
^Nope, I'm pretty sure SlayerX is right here. If we count Buggy, then there should indeed only be ONE other new warlord aside from Law. That is, unless you're counting Kuma? Because mindless machine or not, I'm pretty sure he's still considered a warlord, as well.....
i am counting Kuma and besides being a mindless, he is a also broken down machine.
Old 2012-03-07, 17:14   Link #37
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

You know, we might get more new faces since considering it has been 2 years, and a lot of things happened so I don't see a reason why one of the old Shichibukai somehow resign from their post or just get replaced by the world gov.

It was surprising to see Law became a Shichibukai, and his bounty rise very high to 440m. Argh, it makes me wonder who else became a Shichibukai from the Supernova besides Law and who are the other Shichibukais other than Law.

I wonder what is Law planning to do there. I actually don't really want to see Luffy fight against Law yet, for one is because he saved Luffy's life back there and the other is because he is one of my favorite character, lololol.

Man this arc has been amazing so far. We have Dragon, Centaurs, some dude/chick with perhaps Bird Logia or another mythical creature like Dragon & Centaur, Wano Samurai, Babies (well, babies not that great but why not), Island with 2 climates and LAW!! Can't wait to see how this story goes.
Old 2012-03-07, 17:37   Link #38
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Hmm, seeing as the guys in gas masks are sheeple , a Devil Fruit may not be involved in the bird woman's case.

Also, the Master may be some failed Logia power replication experiment - why else would he not turn into a real body, but float around as gas?
Old 2012-03-07, 17:41   Link #39
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i am counting Kuma and besides being a mindless, he is a also broken down machine.

....A broken-down machine that shouldn't be very difficult for somebody like Vegapunk to repair (and even upgrade). Again, even if his mind is gone, the WG could still consider his body to be a valuable weapon of mass destruction....
Old 2012-03-07, 17:43   Link #40
golgo13

Quote:
I mentioned this in my post near the top of this page, but he's that dude from the slave auction at Sabaody (remember, the guy who was working under Doflamingo?).
Ya it's Disco! It looks like the wanted posters with knives stuck in them are Trafalgar Law, Luffy, Eustass Kid and maybe Rayleigh?
Closed Thread