AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 19 27.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 39.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 21.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-15, 11:58   Link #41
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, while Rika is certainly nuts in her own way, she's not socially broken like Yozora, Sena, Yukimura, and Kobato are. She said she didn't need friends, not that she couldn't make friends with others.
Old 2013-03-15, 12:09   Link #42
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, while Rika is certainly nuts in her own way, she's not socially broken like Yozora, Sena, Yukimura, and Kobato are. She said she didn't need friends, not that she couldn't make friends with others.
You seem to forget how awkward she is around strange people.
Old 2013-03-15, 12:12   Link #43
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
You seem to forget how awkward she is around strange people.
I thought that was just crowds, and I don't think that's quite at the level of Sena or Yozora's problems. If it was just any strange people I don't think she would've really opened up to anyone in the club by now, but she clearly has no trouble opening up to others.
Old 2013-03-15, 12:17   Link #44
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sena's movie was complete nonsense. Can't say I'm surprised.
Aye it inevitable was because she followed the wishes of everyone in the club, while Yozora did the exact opposite and ignored everyones wishes just to advance her own.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-03-15, 12:20   Link #45
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I thought that was just crowds, and I don't think that's quite at the level of Sena or Yozora's problems. If it was just any strange people I don't think she would've really opened up to anyone in the club by now, but she clearly has no trouble opening up to others.
Until you realize her lewd behavior is her defense mechanism to keep people away (at first she wanted only to get close to Kodaka, just like Yozora) but the neighbor's club members are so broken that instead of running away or pushing her away they just acknowledged her as part of the zoo. If Rika was truly lewd she would have already put something in Kodaka's tea to make him do her.
Old 2013-03-15, 12:23   Link #46
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I knew this episode was coming.... i didnt want to hate kodaka but i hate plp who pretend just face reality already and stop pretending to be deaf!!

and girls stop saying "nevermind" and "it was nothing" its just reinforcing him in his denials

Still that close up on the president....
Old 2013-03-15, 12:53   Link #47
Megrim27

While people are quick to pile on Kodaka for his behavior, let's not forget the girls are equally to blame for not stating their own feelings and letting things stand in stasis just as much as he is. Rika is the only one who made him face his issues, but even she let him slide in the end.
Old 2013-03-15, 13:11   Link #48
novalysis

One thing I was quite disappointed....

Spoiler for Comparison:

Had that thing been in, I don't think you'd be calling him a coward. You'd call him a broken person, just as much as all the others.

And yes, Rika is pure awesomeness, distilled into a single character. Even though I lean towards Sena, a Rika victory in my view would be well deserved.

Now that I've seen the scene animated, I must admit, Kodaka comes off as quite cruel here - in contrast to how it was like when I read in on text.
Old 2013-03-15, 13:23   Link #49
sikvod00

Can you put what Kodaka said in spoiler tags, or is that against the rules?
Old 2013-03-15, 13:24   Link #50
rpgkiller999

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
One thing I was quite disappointed....

Spoiler for Comparison:

Had that thing been in, I don't think you'd be calling him a coward. You'd call him a broken person, just as much as all the others.

And yes, Rika is pure awesomeness, distilled into a single character. Even though I lean towards Sena, a Rika victory in my view would be well deserved.

Now that I've seen the scene animated, I must admit, Kodaka comes off as quite cruel here - in contrast to how it was like when I read in on text.

Mind to elaborate more? Hope you can do it with spoiler tag, as I am interested in Kodaka's reasoning for acting the way he is. Thanks!
Old 2013-03-15, 13:41   Link #51
mironicus

I guess in two weeks we will know the reasons why he is acting like that.

His feelings, his opinion about the girls... everything!
Old 2013-03-15, 13:46   Link #52
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
I guess in two weeks we will know the reasons why he is acting like that.

His feelings, his opinion about the girls... everything!
And the answer to that is 42.
Old 2013-03-15, 14:15   Link #53
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Finally. Fuckin finally. Rika finally finally finally confronts Kodaka. ;__;

And I loved the preview with Rika singing the OP(which I also finally realized that the lyrics can kinda relate to this whole situation derp). so adorable~~~~~
Old 2013-03-15, 14:59   Link #54
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Can you put what Kodaka said in spoiler tags, or is that against the rules?
I second this. And if it is against the rules, could you please PM it instead? I'm curious.
Old 2013-03-15, 15:04   Link #55
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's official. Rika is the best girl. She's the only one actively trying to be good friends with the rest of the cast, and she's perceptive enough to have Kodaka all figured out.

It turns out Kodaka isn't dense but instead has some serious issues. Deep down, he knows they're already friends but he's denial about it for some reason. I hope that reason is good. It doesn't matter if he acknowledges it or not, they're friends whether he likes it or not.

Kobato seems to have some issues herself. Like brother, like sister. I didn't expect her to be that popular. She could easily make friends if she wanted to. The only one she seems to have accepted in her circle is Maria, most likely because she's the only one who doesn't idolize her (quite the opposite). It was heartwarming how they both lit up as soon as they saw each other.

The movie Kobato's class made was a million times better than the ones the club made. Kobato herself is a very good actress, especially when you compare her to the likes of Yukimura

Sena's movie was complete nonsense. Can't say I'm surprised.
Well, while she doesn't try quite as hard as Rika, she does try to make friends. So she took everyone's wishes and put them in her script.
Old 2013-03-15, 15:06   Link #56
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given the whole Reisys thing, it's no surprise Kobato's a better actor; she's been doing it for years now.
Old 2013-03-15, 15:14   Link #57
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
he was a complete asshole towards rika,you can't talk to her like that. I really hate kodaka now

ohh be careful kodaka,there was a picture of sena with her previous love interest

Sena went to another middle school,I think that will be important..
Old 2013-03-15, 15:14   Link #58
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was a kind of bizarre shift in mood from what we're used to seeing but I guess the jarring change had to be done if the story was actually still interested in going anywhere. Now it seems the story is focusing more on romantic relations than that of friendship, unless the story focuses on the development of friendship in an incredibly ironic way.

Personally i don't see what the big deal here is with Kodaka. If Kodaka is intentionally giving off vibes that he's not interested in any of the girls, then what exactly is wrong with that? I don't know why people are thinking Kodaka is being an arse.
Old 2013-03-15, 15:24   Link #59
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Personally i don't see what the big deal here is with Kodaka. If Kodaka is intentionally giving off vibes that he's not interested in any of the girls, then what exactly is wrong with that? I don't know why people are thinking Kodaka is being an arse.
There isn't anything wrong with not being interested in having a relationship with someone even if they have romantic feelings for you, but there's a difference between actually turning someone down and pretending you don't notice their affections giving them false hope. Just coming right out and saying you're not interested in a relationship is a bit more considerate of the other party.

Though In this episode's example I think Kodaka's more afraid of acknowledging the other club members as friends rather than potential partners, It's not really anything related to romance at the moment. (Personally I'd like it to stay that way, but the way things are going with last episode I'm not very hopeful.)
Old 2013-03-15, 15:30   Link #60
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
There isn't anything wrong with not being interested in having a relationship with someone even if they have romantic feelings for you, but there's a difference between actually turning someone down and pretending you don't notice their affections giving them false hope. Just coming right out and saying you're not interested in a relationship is a bit more considerate of the other party.
But how exactly is he supposed to do that when none of the others are being clear cut with him either? Why does the burden rest on him?
Closed Thread