AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-31, 21:03   Link #6981
Gravitas Free Zone

I had a pretty good game in the AMX12t just now... unfortunately it was on the test server.

Then I bought a BatChat on the test server and it was fun. And scary.

I also finally tried out the PzIC on the test server and didn't like it, but I think much of that was because I was trying to machine gun Excelsiors, which was hilariously ineffective.

...actually also because much like the other very light tanks, the IC is slowed down considerably when it bumps into breakables, and has terrible acceleration on top of that.

Anyway, the next On Track is On Track to the E-100. Since I'm actually reasonably close to being able to get the E-75, this seems like a reasonable opportunity.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 21:23   Link #6982
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Trying to machine gun a tier 5 heavy is... i don't know if to describe it as hilarious or just plain stupid. (no offense)

And I've used the test server to test the autoloaders. Most as a way to know how many shells they shot before reloading, and how they are in speed and acceleration. Autoloaders are very scary, and actually I sensed that it requires less skill to use an autoloader tank than a regular tank with a 11 seconds reload gun. (again, no offense)
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 22:07   Link #6983
Gravitas Free Zone

The only reason I was even trying to shoot Excelsiors with the PzIC is that probably half of an entire full team in Tiers 3-7 is made up of Excelsiors... going after the other half of the team, which is arty, is possible, but not that entertaining...
Old 2013-05-31, 22:30   Link #6984
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

yeah its one of those moments where you choose for having fun or winning.
Old 2013-05-31, 22:36   Link #6985
Gravitas Free Zone

Besides, it's the test server, where nothing really matters, and I laugh when people say "NICE GOLD NOOB."

(Seriously, on the test server, you say that?)
Old 2013-05-31, 22:47   Link #6986
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

lol on a test server, everyone would use gold, WG gives u a shit load of credits might as well as use it on something useful.
Old 2013-05-31, 22:57   Link #6987
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Tried the BatChat on the test server. It's amazing. It's just as mobile as the AMX 13 90, and perhaps even more so. The top gun makes it an all-destroying monster.

It's amazing how chaotic the test server can be. Tier 10 battles are like a return to tier 1. There is no sense of strategy or awareness. Everyone is in tanks they just got. Everyone just wants to have fun and try out new things. Because of this, I can get away with ridiculous stunts I could never do in the normal game, like driving straight down the middle of Arctic Region and going right behind the enemy team on the east side and hitting them from behind.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 23:08   Link #6988
Gravitas Free Zone

...and the queue purge games are those 6-man teams composed of all artillery that you see screenshots of every so often.

But no one cares because it's nuts.
Old 2013-06-01, 02:54   Link #6989
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Trying to machine gun a tier 5 heavy is... i don't know if to describe it as hilarious or just plain stupid. (no offense)
*raises hand*

I've used my machine gun Covenanter on the KV-1 and KV-1S. The KV-1S one was the funniest, I couldn't penetrate him and I kept hiding when he was turning his 122 mm gun at me so you know what the KV-1S did? He ignored me. At some point I did manage to penetrate him (doing 80 damage or so).
Old 2013-06-01, 03:31   Link #6990
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Wargaming Heads to E3 2013

Check out one of the events:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargaming
Get Airborne Event

If you're just starting out, and find that you aren't quite able to net a top spot in any of the events listed above, then this shindig is for you! All that's required is that you play a total of at least 200 games between the days of June 10th &14th and you'll net yourself 5,000 for both your World of Tanks and World of Warplanes accounts.
4 days to grind 200 WoWP games eh? BRING IT ON!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2013-06-01 at 08:20. Reason: Clarification
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 09:01   Link #6991
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I think you guys are forgetting if your playing tier 10 on the test server, its not like the live server version, the live server is less forgiving, if you leave yourself out in the open too long either arty will hit you or you will get gangbanged by a bunch of tier 10s or 9s. Just be aware test server is only for testing, its not like the actual live server matches.

But yes you might get lucky and have a tier 10 match that can be like tier 1 games, if your lucky enough to get a good team and the enemy team sucks.
Old 2013-06-01, 10:03   Link #6992
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
In what might be the last time you guys will see me for a while in-game, I went and figuratively shot myself in the foot by trying to squeeze out a win out of the Type 62... Which unfortunately only ended up putting me 1 point below my WR two days ago. Oh well.

Also, 19% predicted chances which means... team carry harder! Cripes, look at those odds. I pretty much went on a rampage through the east side, and followed the panzer Ic as it went to their base, where the 3001DB, Lee, and Stuart turned around to stop me (I destroyed the Hetz on the way as well as a Pz4 and an M37. Finished things off with the KV that turned around, which the rest of the team graciously let me finish off.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also this: B1 powah. Funny how when the match started I was told to hide because the B1 was an arty magnet. I pointed out I had 56% WR on the thing, so I SHOULD know already what it can do.

Images

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-06-01 at 11:23.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 15:47   Link #6993
Gravitas Free Zone

I've been grinding crews the last few days, which when combined with the vagaries of MM means that I've lost a few hundredths of a percent of my win rate. On the plus side, almost all of my crews that have BiA now have Sixth Sense also. (Except for the M103, but that has plenty of time.)

And I suppose I'll manage to unlock the E-75 in the next few days. The Tiger II will probably get sold. Then the E-75 will sit in the garage for a very long time until I not-gold free XP the suspension and second turret.

So, here's the range to beat to get Ace Tanker in the Super Pershing.

Images

I'm not sure how I did that much damage, it just happened.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-06-01 at 18:36. Reason: Spelling, dammit.
Old 2013-06-01, 16:24   Link #6994
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

well playing scouts isn't easy teru, even i have to lay off playing scouts, I stopped playin the type 62 and T71 on my main acct, but i do play the low tier 3 and 2 Locust and M2 Light premium tanks, as well as the cruiser III and IV that i rebought awhile ago.

I haven't seen ES on at all, but I see UTE and Q for like 1 or 2 rounds, well i haven't platooned with any one of them tho.

I haven't played my tier 10s either in couple weeks, I think i'll lay off tiers higher than 7.

idk why you would sell the KT, its the best tier 8 tank then the T32 is prolly 2nd, then IS 3 would be in 3rd..... thinking about gettin the IS 3 some time before July 20th.

oh makes me wonder what they will do for july 4th, its about a month away.

I've unlocked the E-75, but i doubt it will be any good until I unlock the last engine.

Quick question for everyone that hasn't gotten their 1st or 2nd or 3rd tier 10 yet, which tank would love to get for your tier 10 or next tier 10 tank?

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-06-01 at 16:49.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 18:19   Link #6995
Blaat

Drake do you see the Bison?
Images
Bison

Had some fun platoon matches with Drake, there was some good matches and one really painful loss. I'll post replays tomorrow.
Old 2013-06-01, 20:23   Link #6996
Gravitas Free Zone

Yay, I got blown up by a friendly tank in the final moments of a win (and that guy could have hit four friendlies, there was maybe a tiny gap between all of us where the enemy was showing), and then severely damaged by a friendly during the very next game, which didn't help me not get exploded shortly thereafter.
Old 2013-06-01, 21:46   Link #6997
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Quick question for everyone that hasn't gotten their 1st or 2nd or 3rd tier 10 yet, which tank would love to get for your tier 10 or next tier 10 tank?
T-62A obv.
Old 2013-06-01, 22:49   Link #6998
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Hurry up and get the T-54 already Kimi, so when I goof off on weekends we can wolfpack. Though I am okay with the Cent too...
Old 2013-06-01, 23:29   Link #6999
Gravitas Free Zone

I've managed to make up most of the win rate disaster that was Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

And just for the sake of reference, how single games on a tank that you haven't played very much can cause the efficiency rating to go crazy:

Images
Some other highlights from tonight:

Images

The IS-8 ammoracked from a regular AP shot to its rear right turret. But I sure did a lot of shooting that game. (Funniest part: Touma says "load gold for the ST-I" (which I already had done), and moments later I end up shooting that preloaded HEAT round into the GWP instead.)

The M4 Sherman game is amusing because while I fired 13 HEAT rounds, five of them bounced, despite being dialed right into nice flat weakspots on the KV-1 and M6.

I made up for it with zanshin. (Also, my 60-day WN7 is in the purple range? I am alarmed.)

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-06-02 at 00:59.
Old 2013-06-02, 04:50   Link #7000
Blaat

Here are some replays of last night
The case of the disappearing Bison. It started off as a 4vs4 situation in the canyon (2 mediums, 1 TD and an arty vs 3 heavies and a TD) and it ends what I hope is going to be a running joke.
Very painful loss. So many things went wrong here.
Decent Ram II match.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks