Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-26, 10:05   Link #1
venom1221

Great Teach Onizuka ?

Is it ecchi at all? cuz i dont want to see that suff
Old 2004-05-26, 10:15   Link #2
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Onizuka is a pervert, but the series isn't hentai or anything. If you can look past Onizuka's fascination with females it's a really nice series and I guarantee you'll laugh your ass off.
Old 2004-05-26, 10:16   Link #3
TronDD
Team the box!

The first episode is quite ecchi. The rest of the series is no where near the level of the first episode.

I can't recall anything ecchi happening later but I mostly forget about crap I don't like if a series has something to like and GTO has great comedy and drama.

I don't know how anal you are about what you consider "too ecchi" but I think GTO should be safe enough.
Old 2004-05-26, 11:31   Link #4
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhia
Where can i find the animated series cos i can only find the live action..
Any one know where?
A store. It is out on DVD. First box set is only $62 or so dollars at dvdpacific.com. Amazingly cheap for 23 episodes. I wist 26 ep series were about that price.

If you search dvdpacific for it, search for "GTO".
Old 2004-05-26, 12:46   Link #5
7thMethuselah

there is absolutely nothing ecchi in Great Teacher Onizuka. I think in the entire 43 episodes there are like 2-3 panty shots so I'd consider that rather safe.

But no matter what you have heard about this show you HAVE to try it out, the comedy in it is so amazing and onizuka is the ultimate coolness Don't let the art (which a bit outdated) scare you. I had my doubts when I started watching tis show but after one episode GTO had me (I remember watching about 15 episodes in a row after that and getting to work without having slept (not to mention I was late ).
Old 2004-05-26, 12:52   Link #6
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

GTO is cetainly worth watching. The amount of 'ecchi' in it is kept to a minimum despite Onizuka's love of it all.

Over all it's an awesome series that's worth buying and owning. ^^
Old 2004-05-26, 12:56   Link #7
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I recomend GTO too, good show. Onizuka is just hilarious. And some part is just so inspiring. Makes me nostalgic about my high school and friends. ^^

Edit: About ecchi, I couldn't remember anything ecchi much about this show, except that one part when Onizuka pull down his pants in front of his students.
Old 2004-05-26, 13:38   Link #8
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Edit: About ecchi, I couldn't remember anything ecchi much about this show, except that one part when Onizuka pull down his pants in front of his students.
Lol, how about this then

Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-26, 13:48   Link #9
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Lol, how about this then

Spoiler:
Lmao I think the ecchi part is Onizuka himself.
Spoiler:
That part is so hilarious. ^^
Old 2004-05-27, 05:53   Link #10
mah_damey

there are a few ecchi things but theyre mostly funny
Old 2004-05-27, 08:05   Link #11
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

If you're really worried about whether or not you'll like it and are afraid to put forth the money for a dvd, might want to consider just buying the first manga for 10 bucks and it'll take you through the entire pilot of the series. Though, I'd stress the manga itself is a bit more on the ecchi side than the anime.
Old 2004-05-27, 10:16   Link #12
Immortal Raven

Send a message via MSN to Immortal Raven
GTO is hilarious, certainly worth buying.

Onizuka is crazy.
Old 2004-05-27, 15:09   Link #13
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Raven
GTO is hilarious, certainly worth buying.

Onizuka is crazy.
yeah Onizuka is the perfect male rolemodel for anyone's kids
Really if you wanna know what the word "cool" really means, watch Onizuka he is the very definition of it. Buy the first DVD you won't regret it, i promise
Old 2004-07-12, 04:41   Link #14
Death_Himself

hey, i have a question. i downloaded the series from animesuki but it wasnt anime i just thought WTF! so is it supposed to be or is it only the first ep or whats going on :S
Old 2004-07-12, 05:15   Link #15
Budweineken
Crap

That's the live action... real life actors... you wont find any torrents here for the anime since it is licensed....
Old 2004-07-12, 07:41   Link #16
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
what is wrong with attractive women in anime?

to this day i still can't figure out why a man would be TURNED AWAY(not annoyed, bothered, or even a tad bit embarresed/ashamed) but TURNED AWAY from a series because of ecchi.

makes no sense.

so I got a question for myself- I do have a problem watching outdated looking anime but I enjoyed Boys Be just because it was my genre.

GTO- high school comedy? high school drama?

How series is it. I already know it's good. but to those that has seen it, without spoiling the direction of this anime- what's it like?
Old 2004-07-12, 08:18   Link #17
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoHead
what is wrong with attractive women in anime?

to this day i still can't figure out why a man would be TURNED AWAY(not annoyed, bothered, or even a tad bit embarresed/ashamed) but TURNED AWAY from a series because of ecchi.

makes no sense.

so I got a question for myself- I do have a problem watching outdated looking anime but I enjoyed Boys Be just because it was my genre.

GTO- high school comedy? high school drama?

How series is it. I already know it's good. but to those that has seen it, without spoiling the direction of this anime- what's it like?
it is like concentrated awesomeness mixed with a good deal of comedy, a great many story arcs, and fascinating characters (like the bi-color half-gaijin Urumi, Noboru the "pee-boy", Kikuchi the brain (even though Urumi is smarter), Anko who has a "relationship" with Noboru, Miyabi the bitch (stubborn annoying bitch, even more annoying in the manga), Fujiyoshi the...future Onizuka?, Murai the guy with the hot mom, Fuyutsuki the...well she's just an attractive female teacher, Sakurai (male) the pervert, Sakurai (female) the chairman, Uchiyamada the vice principal, Fukaroda the drugged up athlete, Nurse Kadena/Moritaka (Kadena in the anime, Moritaka in the manga, 2 different people), Kusano the guy with a cow for a mom, and Onizuka the most amazing teacher ever...oh yeah and his friend Ryuji)
Old 2004-07-13, 16:08   Link #18
quikimpulse
Suicidal Maniac!!!!!

Smile

Personally i am not into this type of anime because it reflects everyday life and i live in it everydoay. I would rather watch fantasy and action because it usually it is usually always suspenseful and entertaining to watch.
Old 2004-07-13, 22:01   Link #19
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikimpulse
Personally i am not into this type of anime because it reflects everyday life and i live in it everydoay. I would rather watch fantasy and action because it usually it is usually always suspenseful and entertaining to watch.
you'd still like it
nothing about onizuka is "ordinary" (except his hairdo)
Old 2004-07-14, 10:34   Link #20
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikimpulse
Calling Onizuka an everyday man is waaay off. Nothing in this anime is as you would expect it. onizuka has quite an original approach to most situations, I'd suggest you give it a try anyway, I promise you won't be dissapointed.
Closed Thread