AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-20, 19:59   Link #101
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Ah, made this little edit for added comparison of Grimm and Ulqi:

Certainly, Ulqi mind-games with Orihime weren't personal to begin with, just part of his manipulative nature............just as Grimm attacking Ichigo at first was simply his aggressiveness towards all. But when Ulqi found that his mindgames weren't working , then in the same way Grimm's failures to kill Ichigo nagged at his pride, Ulqi's inability to break Orihime frustrated his sense of intellectual superiority. But Grimm could regain his pride simply by fixating on Ichigo as his personal nemesis to kill. For Ulqi, he can't prove he's right unless he can win the mind-game, and break Orihime.

What is more interesting, is how he will react if he's forced to admit Orihime is right and he's in the wrong.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-07-20 at 22:15.
Old 2008-07-20, 21:18   Link #102
BleachOD
Banned

Amir you are missing 318
Spoiler for spoilerish:
Old 2008-07-20, 23:21   Link #103
samuraixz

Youruichi and Soi Fon FTW!!!
Old 2008-07-20, 23:47   Link #104
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

I kind of want ByaRuki at the moment. =)
Old 2008-07-21, 16:08   Link #105
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
I kind of want ByaRuki at the moment. =)
...Really??? I'm not trying to sound bitchy here, I've just always wondered why people go for that pairing. They may not be blood related, but it still feels like incest to me.

This thread needs more IshidaxInoue.
Old 2008-07-21, 16:09   Link #106
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Amir you are missing 318
Spoiler for spoilerish:
So what? he didn't move in front of her, Ichigo just happen to bust in at that certain direction. shesh .. over look the scene much? :P
Old 2008-07-21, 16:25   Link #107
Langus
Optimus Prime

Kyero: Rather than harping on him for that ONE comment, try reading the rest of Amir's post. It's well thought out and the evidence is really quite interesting and well presented.

Edit: I want to see some Tatsuki Ichigo going on. Kubo still hasn't resolved the fact that she can see him in his shinigami form. Makes me wonder if he'll bring her into the K-town fight...hmmmm....

Though I'll be honest, I much prefer the thought of her and Orihime. They'd make such a hot pair.
Old 2008-07-21, 16:28   Link #108
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
...Really??? I'm not trying to sound bitchy here, I've just always wondered why people go for that pairing. They may not be blood related, but it still feels like incest to me.
not completely unheard of that a man ends up marrying his former/deceased wife's sister
Old 2008-07-21, 16:37   Link #109
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
not completely unheard of that a man ends up marrying his former/deceased wife's sister
But but but...she calls him Nii-sama, treats him like her brother...no. To each his own, but I'll never get it
Old 2008-07-21, 18:08   Link #110
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Kyero: Rather than harping on him for that ONE comment, try reading the rest of Amir's post. It's well thought out and the evidence is really quite interesting and well presented.

Edit: I want to see some Tatsuki Ichigo going on. Kubo still hasn't resolved the fact that she can see him in his shinigami form. Makes me wonder if he'll bring her into the K-town fight...hmmmm....

Though I'll be honest, I much prefer the thought of her and Orihime. They'd make such a hot pair.
we can all dream right? That means you can too
Old 2008-07-21, 18:42   Link #111
Langus
Optimus Prime

Oh I do. Vividly.
Old 2008-07-21, 20:07   Link #112
Yosei
Death by writing

Actually, here's a crack pairing I thought was crazy and impossible, but what if Ukitake met Nel? I mean, he's not the kind of guy to reduce someone to ashes on first sight (unlike his cranky old sensei) so who knows? One of the kinder captains vs one of the kinder espada - heck there might not need to be a fight.

Buddhism and spirituality: Buddhist Door

Fanfiction: Transformers 00
Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-07-21, 21:56   Link #113
twkiwilee

I'm all for rangiku x gin!! I love it when they are together, they show seriousness and concern, and while to others, they usually are (i don't know the word for it but..) cheerful, relaxed..laid back.. etc.. Plus i want some bad-as*gin hotness!! muwahaha... yep so the bad boy gin goes well with the happy, good (in many ways) rangiku. Plus i love it when a guy is all bad but has a girl that he show concern about.. :P

i wish they would be able to see each other again sigh~

the rest of other pairings.. hmm i don't really have an interest. (edit: i forgot to mention, except for ichiruki of course!! )

but i think i'll be happy if i get to see toshiro x momo. i find them cute together. plus toshiro really concern about her. i just hope her mind is not twisted with her "love" (if that's what others called it) for aizen still.

actually i also like byakuya x hisana. byakuya is so romantic in his own way :P he really love hisana and i was touched when he tries to fullfill all his promise to her and even of it requires breaking the law. But i do get annoyed (maybe's just me) how hisana looks like an exact replicate of rukia. i actually want hisana to have a different appearance. and her voice 9in my opinion) doesn't go with her looks. so everytime when they have romantic/tragic scene together, hisana's looks ruined the mood.

Last edited by twkiwilee; 2008-07-22 at 11:54.
Old 2008-07-22, 02:06   Link #114
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post

This thread needs more IshidaxInoue.
Byakuya does truly care for Rukia, even though his methods are misdirected. Plus, his feelings for Hisana could have spilled over to Rukia. Rukia respects Byakuya quite a bit too, so there's hope.
Old 2008-08-11, 18:38   Link #115
Girl_who_cried_gnome
lover of the g-pa hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
Disclaimer: The following is a perspective, not really an argument .My rambling musings....
wow.... *rises to give standing ovation*

i have never seen an ulquihime discussion portrayed with such wonderful insight

i have always loved this pairing.... the contrast between them and the philosophy that "opposites attract" has always made me cheer from the sidelines .... but not until recently have i really thought about the way Kubo would actually go about it...

i think that their relationship from the start has been predator and prey.... the glances that kubo always draws suggests that it is indeed a mind battle for dominance... but to what extent? *inner fangirl--> *
Spoiler for predator and prey:

despite ulquiorra's facade of callousnes, he can understand human emotions more than any other espada because he analyzes the complete surroundings of a situation.... and then uses it against his prey to create the ultimate manipulation by showing their internal weakness... but seeing and doing are two different things and he cannot comprehend the true emotions behind friendship from observing orihime... which will result in the usual... his defeat from underestimating such bonds and his changing of ways... *sigh*

Last edited by Girl_who_cried_gnome; 2008-08-11 at 22:15.
Old 2008-08-12, 01:04   Link #116
aiko_chan
in moderation

Send a message via MSN to aiko_chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
Disclaimer: The following is a perspective, not really an argument .My rambling musings....

Edit: Added more comparison in middle Of Ulqi/Ori rivalry, with the Ichi/Grimm.
Spoiler for upto manga 318 shapes the discussion:

Thank you so much for posting this
It's posts like these that how me "grow" from just being a shipper that bases the foundation of a ship purely on fantasies and "weak" reasoning. Many people have done it for me for IchiRuki and now here's someone to explain it to me for UlquiHime.

Wonderful analyzing.
Old 2008-08-12, 08:09   Link #117
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post

I totally agree! I would like Ichigo XTatX Rukia triangle...then I would be both IchiRu and Ichitat I guess it would be IchiTatRuki....<--threesome is HAWT!

She is a good match for him and if Rukia didn't exist. I would ride that ship hard.

I wish she'd jump into the fray. I have been wondering if KT will resolve that issue too. I think she will show up during the WAR...or in LAS NOCHES. It would be a real kicker if she saved Orihime.

Ishida and Orihime....I used to love. Now they seem like a dream. Or more like a childhood crush.

Ulqui Hime is more concrete. Orihime gets emotionally stronger with Ulq every time they interact. She is his equal in that relationship . "She complete him. He completes her"

They are getting married....

I have a wedding to plan! gtg!
Old 2008-08-12, 09:11   Link #118
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Byakuya does truly care for Rukia, even though his methods are misdirected. Plus, his feelings for Hisana could have spilled over to Rukia. Rukia respects Byakuya quite a bit too, so there's hope.
You don't fall for the face but for the heart.
So many between Ichigo and Rukia/Rukia and Renji and no ByaRuki and then BAM they will get together!
Respect is totally different from love/crush. It is like amdiraton. No sign for romantic relationship really, it is absolutely dead ship.
IshiOri and UlqiOri=love. I prefer IshiOri.
Old 2008-08-12, 18:27   Link #119
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
You don't fall for the face but for the heart.
So many between Ichigo and Rukia/Rukia and Renji and no ByaRuki and then BAM they will get together!
Respect is totally different from love/crush. It is like amdiraton. No sign for romantic relationship really, it is absolutely dead ship.
IshiOri and UlqiOri=love. I prefer IshiOri.
One can dream, right?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-08-15, 06:10   Link #120
RingoPango
=w=

I think Grimmjow and Orihime XD and I look forward to see more interactions between them! Although the chances are rather slim its not impossible!

ByaRuki's an interesting pairing! They are not blood-related at all, I don't see why not ^^ Although I do prefer IchiRuki moe.