AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-03, 01:10   Link #481
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
The problem with this love triangle is that the participants are so one-dimensional. I don't think anyone's treating this as a serious romance, though. This is quintessential turn-off-your-brain fanservice comedy. I'd still rather watch a million episodes of this than a single minute of Kanokon.
Haruna was the only thing keeping me watching as long as I did (probably some projection of "Honya-chan" from Negima). On reflection, I might come back to this later in slow moment and catch up, but mostly if I hear there's a bit of balance in the triangle. Right now, Lala's antics just dominate the show and the slapstick comedy execution doesn't ring for me.

And, wow... that's a lovely Haruna bikini figure ..... where the hell would I display it?
Old 2008-05-03, 03:04   Link #482
Zippicus

This show is pretty entertaining for what it is, that being a silly, ecchi, comedy type show. Although I think the main character needs to have his man card revoked. I mean come on, what guy in his right mind refuses a hot alien princess with a strong tendency towards being naked that you could rule the galaxy with.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 03:08   Link #483
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
I mean come on, what guy in his right mind refuses a hot alien princess with a strong tendency towards being naked that you could rule the galaxy with.
I would, though I guess this means I'm not in my right mind ( ).

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 03:35   Link #484
ZODDGUTS

Eventhough I liked ep 5 it feels like their trying to pad out one chapter of the manga into a whole episode. I think it would better if they instead do a 12 min for each chapter so the first half of the show would be based on one chapter and the 2nd half on another chapter kinda how Keroro does it of course if it's a mini arc the 2nd half would also would be connected to the first half.

Anyways loved how cocky Zastin looked in the flying space ship scene only to be blown up a sec later lol. One thing I didn't like in the anime is how Saki's friends left her, in the manga they wouldn't do something like that. As for the next episode it looks like in the next episode Haruna is gonna be tentacle attacked again. Good thing she's passed out again. That poor girl in this series has been violated over and over...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 09:05   Link #485
Mef

wow, more mikan service in ep5 than I've seen in the whole manga up to now... finally, this anime reveals some good points
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 12:19   Link #486
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
I think it would better if they instead do a 12 min for each chapter so the first half of the show would be based on one chapter and the 2nd half on another chapter kinda how Keroro does it of course if it's a mini arc the 2nd half would also would be connected to the first half.
I thought this was going to be the approach they would take in the first place, oh well.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 12:30   Link #487
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Good thing she's passed out again. That poor girl in this series has been violated over and over...
It's better for her to pass out and call it a dream than being awake and knowing by a long shot

But yea...I feel for her

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 03:53   Link #488
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
A bit late, but episode 4 was lmfao. I haven't laughed this much since...a long time ago.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 04:05   Link #489
ZODDGUTS

Ah forgot to say is that I'm glad that Saki's VA doesn't sound annoying at all, was worried that Saki would sound annoying since most VA's for that type of character come out as annoying as hell.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 12:10   Link #490
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ayako Kawasumi never sounds annoying!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 18:20   Link #491
yupyupyup

This show has been below my expectation so far! I'd give it 5/10 overall. The ecchi in the manga is about the right dose, but whoever does the animation is overdoing it to the point of being silly. It kinda piss me off when Lala went naked and joined the berserked fishes, while Haruna was all blushed with Yuuki, in ep 3, while I was all "WTF?!?!" for the apron ep 4. I meant, both Lala and Haruna were pretty cool characters in the manga, but they are below par in the anime counterparts. I was hoping for a good adaptation not extra fanservice (the uncensored manga was good enough already!). Can't people just learn how to adapt comedy manga to anime like School Rumble?!?
yupyupyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 23:42   Link #492
sikvod00

I can't get enough of the OP and ED for this anime.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 08:09   Link #493
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Random eyecatch whilst rewatching ep 5
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 08:21   Link #494
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Random eyecatch whilst rewatching ep 5
Spoiler:
That is pure lulz

This is my look into it
Spoiler for :
Old 2008-05-05, 09:07   Link #495
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Seriously did they need to bring tentacles into this. I was like the entire time but its was still funny as hell. Poor Haruna how many times are they going to violated this poor girl. I dont know if Rito's life was better off before this craziness happen or now. I mean at least he gets wake up with a damn cute big breasted devoted women in his bed every morning lol.

Zastin is just funny as hell i love how he appears to say something random and sometimes belligerent and then teleports away only to reappear for dinner.

The show still falls below my normal expectations but the funny moments are enough to make check it out when i have down time.
Old 2008-05-05, 14:27   Link #496
SidVicious
Anime addict

This show is just for fun, don't take it too seriously.
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 14:45   Link #497
Molenir

I'm a little disappointed in the show so far. It started out really good, but episode 4, was extremely weak, episode 5 was better at least then number 4, providing at least a little mild amusement, however it isn't all that great. I guess being a fan of the manga, I was hoping for a little better. Still its doing much better then the disaster that is Special A, so not really complaining.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 22:02   Link #498
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Seriously did they need to bring tentacles into this. I was like the entire time but its was still funny as hell. Poor Haruna how many times are they going to violated this poor girl. I dont know if Rito's life was better off before this craziness happen or now. I mean at least he gets wake up with a damn cute big breasted devoted women in his bed every morning lol.

Zastin is just funny as hell i love how he appears to say something random and sometimes belligerent and then teleports away only to reappear for dinner.

The show still falls below my normal expectations but the funny moments are enough to make check it out when i have down time.
Well the manga uses them pretty liberally so I wouldn't expect the anime to be much different in that respect...

And yea vexx hopefully the series will balance out abit more later on...Personally wouldn't have minded them doing a large amount of the character intros up front just so it isnt like 90% lala, but oh well...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 12:26   Link #499
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Spoiler for ep 6:
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 15:17   Link #500
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Episode 6: