AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Potential Pairing - Multiple Choice Option
Alto x VF 171 32 12.31%
Ozma x Bobby 13 5.00%
Ranka x Sheryl 42 16.15%
Sheryl x Alto 199 76.54%
Yasaburo x Alto 5 1.92%
Ranka x Ai-kun 38 14.62%
Alto x Klan 14 5.38%
Ranka x Alto 54 20.77%
Ranka x Brera 37 14.23%
Klan x Michael 101 38.85%
Ozma x Cathy 111 42.69%
Luca x Nanase 41 15.77%
Wilder x Monica 41 15.77%
Alto x VF25 37 14.23%
Yasaburo x Alto's father 10 3.85%
Alto x Brera 18 6.92%
Grace x Ranka 12 4.62%
Nanase x Ranka 21 8.08%
Sheryl x Klan 24 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-06, 06:42   Link #1981
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Now why would Alto take off his jacket? They exchanged clothes? Tsk, Alto and that weird fetish of his.
At least he didnīt wear her panties on his head. Or elsewhere...
Old 2008-09-06, 07:24   Link #1982
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

@magnuskn: You NEVER KNOW.
Seeing as panties are suppose to be worn at the*shot*
Old 2008-09-06, 09:25   Link #1983
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
@magnuskn: You NEVER KNOW.
Seeing as panties are suppose to be worn at the*shot*
When you wear Kimono, or other Japanese traditional female clothing, you don't wear panties.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-06, 09:31   Link #1984
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Tak, that's kind of like saying a guy wearing a kilt shouldn't wear underwear either but we know most do regardless of tradition. Now a kimono without a bra I could see easily and without question.
Old 2008-09-06, 09:37   Link #1985
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Tak, that's kind of like saying a guy wearing a kilt shouldn't wear underwear either but we know most do regardless of tradition.
Yeah? Prove me wrong.

Spoiler for Check:

Quote:
Now a kimono without a bra I could see easily and without question.
I am sorry, but a kimono is not a kilt. They don't wear panties beneath a kimono, period. Moreover, from Alto's standpoint, his family is die-hard traditionalist.

You know, for you to even ask this question would have been considered slightly offensive.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-06, 09:46   Link #1986
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Here is one exception hence disproving that all men wearing kilts do not wear underwear. Where there is one exception there are others. Hence not all men go commando under their kilts and not all men wear underwear under their kilts.

Spoiler:

The same argument should apply to those that wear kimono. As both are governed by tradition.

BTW I concede the argument that most people who wear kilts that are of traditional Scot decent probably do not wear underwear. Therefore it is probable that those of traditional Japanese decent that wear kimono on a regular basis most likely do not wear underwear. But not all.
Old 2008-09-06, 09:46   Link #1987
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I am sorry, but a kimono is not a kilt. They don't wear panties beneath a kimono, period. Moreover, from Alto's standpoint, his family is die-hard traditionalist. - Tak
You know, I was about to point out that Sheryl is ( technically ) not part of Altos family ( yet ), but then I remembered who got her into the kimono. ^^
Old 2008-09-06, 09:51   Link #1988
Tak

Quote:
The same argument should apply to those that wear kimono. As both are governed by tradition.
If the Scots want to toy with their tradition like that, its perfectly fine with me, because thats their problem. The Scots are Scots.

Just don't forget who got Sheryl into that Kimono in the first place. In fact, most Japanese people would not even think of the subject of "going commando" when the Kimono is concerned. I don't know why you are insisting on something that is simply not available in the traditional conscious.

A single piece kimono, the one that Sheryl is wearing, that is actually considered to be a one piece undergarment, or the last layer of her clothing.

- Tak

Old 2008-09-06, 10:21   Link #1989
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Ok Tak then lets add wood to the fire. IF your conclusion is correct and IF Sheryl is not wearing anything under that Kimono... Then did Alto dress her? Hence did Alto see ALL her naughty bits? Hmmm? *devil horns*
Old 2008-09-06, 10:23   Link #1990
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
It's no wonder he wanted to be so close to her after she woke up then. After having seen it while she was sleeping, he wanted to go for the finisher after she woke up.
Old 2008-09-06, 10:51   Link #1991
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

...Dear. God.
DOES THIS EVEN MATTER!??!?!?!

Let jokes be jokes dammit D8
Old 2008-09-06, 11:56   Link #1992
Tak

Quote:
Ok Tak then lets add wood to the fire. IF your conclusion is correct and IF Sheryl is not wearing anything under that Kimono... Then did Alto dress her? Hence did Alto see ALL her naughty bits? Hmmm? *devil horns*
Based on the opinions of the Japanese board and my own, he did. After all, nobody was at the house but him and Sheryl.

Although that wouldn't be his first time, would it?

Never mind that the opinion on the JPN BBS is favoring the opinion that he also had sex with her. I've already seen 5 or 6 people going "He did it! He did it!", "He did it, didn't he?", "Thats awesome, go Alto!"... etc.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2008-09-06 at 12:10.
Old 2008-09-06, 11:58   Link #1993
Darial
Otaku in disguise

I just can't resist this comment. <LOL>

Old 2008-09-06, 12:16   Link #1994
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

OK, well in all of the versions of ep22 I saw, (and I looked at about 4 different raws of varying compression) none of them were as clear as the screencap being shown with the draped jacket. Given the metaphor used in DYRL when Misa zipped her flightsuit, this is a direct reference to that occasion. SO I will also concede that sex is likely to have happened.

...now we have to see whether Alto is also a cad.
Old 2008-09-06, 12:30   Link #1995
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
...now we have to see whether Alto is also a cad.
Sensibilities have changed a bit since then, I think. ^^ Letīs just say I think that Fokkers comments on how to treat a woman wouldnīt go over as well today as they maybe did back then.

Besides that, Alto cares. Itīs one of his defining traits.
Old 2008-09-06, 12:35   Link #1996
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
...Besides that, Alto cares. Itīs one of his defining traits.
Yeah, I don't see Alto as the type who will stand up Sheryl after consummating the relationship...
Old 2008-09-06, 13:07   Link #1997
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Yeah, I don't see Alto as the type who will stand up Sheryl after consummating the relationship...
If he was, would you want ANY of the girls to get him?
Old 2008-09-06, 13:11   Link #1998
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
If he was, would you want ANY of the girls to get him?
Well, Ranka shippers prefer Ranka to get on with him no matter what. Although if he is indeed a person to break promises, and that he does hook up with Ranka at the end, is that not a hallow and ultimately fruitless relationship? Is that Ranka-shippers are aiming for?

And what of Berera after all this? He was the one who sacrificed much for Ranka. In fact, during the latter half of the series, it was Berera, not Alto, who saved Ranka in nearly every trouble Ranka managed to get herself into. He was the one to provide the emotional support Ranka needed, he was the one who supported Ranka in choosing her path. I wonder, by the series end, what would be his reward? Death? Another grand sacrifice in protecting Ranka? If people exercise some logic in this, it is absolutely not difficult to see that Berera had done much, much more for Ranka than anyone else in the series.

With that said, why would Ranka shippers still prefer Alto is absolutely beyond me.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2008-09-06 at 14:49.
Old 2008-09-06, 13:19   Link #1999
magnuskn

Quote:
With that said, why would Ranka shippers still prefer Alto is absolutely beyond me.

- Tak
Especially if we take into account that, by Rankas own words, she has said internally goodbye to Alto. She "loved him so much", with emphasis on the tense.
Old 2008-09-06, 13:54   Link #2000
zalem

Quote:
And what of Berera after all this? He was the one who sacrificed much for Ranka. In fact, during the latter half of the series, it was Berera, not Alto, who saved Ranka in nearly every trouble Ranka managed to get herself into. He was the one to provide the emotional support Ranka needed, he was the one who supported Ranka in choosing her path. I wonder, by the series end, what would be his reward? Death? Another grand sacrifice in protecting Ranka? If people exercise some logic in this, it is absolutely not difficult to see that Berera had done much, much more for Ranka than anyone else in the series.

- Tak
Brera will get whatever affection siblings usually get. He's not aiming for romantic love. He is a protective sibling and is doing what is best for little sis. Next episode will confirm their sibling relationship for certain.

Tags
romance