AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-20, 08:12   Link #121
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

@daniel2pm and radioIzzy
Following popular Japanese beliefs, it's more likely that the characters are reincarnated as roughly the same person. That is the case for Otonashi and Kanade, but for Hinata and Yui, the slideshow was depicted so dreamlike that I think it's 50% reincarnation and 50% what-if scenario.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-12-20, 12:53   Link #122
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Although I'm hoping Yui and Hinata really end up together...
Old 2011-12-20, 19:02   Link #123
daniel2pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
@daniel2pm and radioIzzy
Following popular Japanese beliefs, it's more likely that the characters are reincarnated as roughly the same person. That is the case for Otonashi and Kanade, but for Hinata and Yui, the slideshow was depicted so dreamlike that I think it's 50% reincarnation and 50% what-if scenario.
So if they move on do they lose their memory or some sort
Old 2011-12-20, 20:23   Link #124
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel2pm View Post
So if they move on do they lose their memory or some sort
By right's yes....but as Kanade and Otonashi demonstrate, deep traces may still linger. May not be full blown memories but a sense of familiarity or deja vu....
Old 2012-03-14, 00:40   Link #125
kitsunisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
@daniel2pm and radioIzzy
The slideshow was Yui imagining what life would have been like if she met Hinata. It's not their next life. It would be too cruel for Yui to be paralyzed in the next life as well.
Just found the subbed drama cd's on Vimeo. CD 3 had me rolling.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:31   Link #126
BLAM
Loner

I heard a while ago that Jun Maeda wanted to work on an Angel Beats! VN, does anyone have any information about this?
Old 2012-03-25, 23:41   Link #127
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAM View Post
I heard a while ago that Jun Maeda wanted to work on an Angel Beats! VN, does anyone have any information about this?
No further mention apparently...now with that LB anime I wonder if his hands will be full...
Old 2012-03-28, 14:22   Link #128
BLAM
Loner

That's a shame, I knew the VN for AB! was at risk of rejection but really it's been silent since and that was a while ago. One can only ponder.
Old 2012-03-29, 13:53   Link #129
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Yeh. Sad that there's no news about the VN. Was hoping for a continuation of Track Zero too but I guess Maeda Jun's really busy to dig up an 'old' series here... :/
Old 2012-06-07, 23:15   Link #130
Soundguyj

Otonashi's heart

Ok I am confused please help clarify for me!! Kanade reveals that she is in this world because she is looking for the person who gave her the heart (Otonashi's heart) that let her live longer; HOWEVER didn't she get there BEFORE Otonashi? My understanding was that Otonashi got there right when he died, and when he got there Kanade or 'Angel' had already been there long enough to be at war with SSS. So how did she die before him, yet get his heart and live longer than him?
Old 2012-06-08, 13:29   Link #131
kaitok
Inspired Musician

What fans had concluded before is that there is a high chance where time in the Afterlife world does not match the time in the real world. So basically, the time in both worlds are not parallel. So in a way is, other than Kanade and Otonashi, chances of the rest of the cast having to die before or after anyone is possible. No one's birth year is mentioned anyway, so there's always the chance of say... Yui is older than Otonashi in real world and died earlier than him. So even though Yui looks like a kid, she might secretly be older than Otonashi in terms of birth year. That sort of things.

But another point to note is that there should be generation limit too. That's why we don't see teenagers from the past (say, 1800s) or future (2100s) in the series. The only suspicious person I'll say is Shiina since she's... a ninja. .__. But anyway, that's not the point. I'm just saying that there should be a limit within each generation. There might be more than one Afterlife world for different generations anyway.

This is getting complicated. I'm stopping here. LOOOOL
Old 2012-06-17, 02:47   Link #132
Mcfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
What fans had concluded before is that there is a high chance where time in the Afterlife world does not match the time in the real world. So basically, the time in both worlds are not parallel. So in a way is, other than Kanade and Otonashi, chances of the rest of the cast having to die before or after anyone is possible. No one's birth year is mentioned anyway, so there's always the chance of say... Yui is older than Otonashi in real world and died earlier than him. So even though Yui looks like a kid, she might secretly be older than Otonashi in terms of birth year. That sort of things.

But another point to note is that there should be generation limit too. That's why we don't see teenagers from the past (say, 1800s) or future (2100s) in the series. The only suspicious person I'll say is Shiina since she's... a ninja. .__. But anyway, that's not the point. I'm just saying that there should be a limit within each generation. There might be more than one Afterlife world for different generations anyway.

This is getting complicated. I'm stopping here. LOOOOL
Heh, despite crying at the end when Kanade revealed her reason, I was thinking that. However, I thought that was reaching, even for KEY. Still though, the anime is about the world after some die, so it's already full-on fantasy.....

My question was if the novel had more to it then the anime? Like, was there more character development, especially with Naoi?
Old 2012-06-22, 09:13   Link #133
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundguyj View Post
Ok I am confused please help clarify for me!! Kanade reveals that she is in this world because she is looking for the person who gave her the heart (Otonashi's heart) that let her live longer; HOWEVER didn't she get there BEFORE Otonashi? My understanding was that Otonashi got there right when he died, and when he got there Kanade or 'Angel' had already been there long enough to be at war with SSS. So how did she die before him, yet get his heart and live longer than him?
Arrival in the afterlife doesn't follow chronological order, so whoever dies first and arrives last there doesn't matter.

Plus, souls don't age. So, even how many billions and billions of years you stay there, you won't grow older. You'll remain the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfart View Post
Heh, despite crying at the end when Kanade revealed her reason, I was thinking that. However, I thought that was reaching, even for KEY. Still though, the anime is about the world after some die, so it's already full-on fantasy.....

My question was if the novel had more to it then the anime? Like, was there more character development, especially with Naoi?
Yes. And I think there's a character introduced there that didn't appear in the anime, as what I researched.

With regards of Naoi, I don't think so. Only Chaa + the guild and the GirlsDeMo and other supporting characters.
Old 2012-06-27, 19:27   Link #134
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfart View Post
So far in the novel and Heaven's Door manga, appearing characters are Hinata, Chaa, Ooyama, Noda, Shiina, Iwasawa, Hisako, Tenshi and Yuri. Each of them had pretty clear background introduction and more details about SSS (how its formed, how they got the principal office as their base, etc). Naoi only appeared in the 4koma with basically the same character as what we see in the anime. So far I haven't seen any background introduction about him.
Old 2012-07-04, 21:26   Link #135
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

The only thing that bugs in my mind now is, did Hatsune went there too? xD

But I think, no. :<
Old 2012-07-06, 00:17   Link #136
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Hatsune is Otonashi's sister right? Apparently not, since we didn't see her anywhere else but the anime.

The manga (not yet translated) had proven us right that time doesn't match the real world's time. Shiina is really a person from the past. So from this, either Hatsune doesn't have any regrets, or is not sent to the same time zone as Otonashi.
Old 2012-07-12, 08:27   Link #137
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
Hatsune is Otonashi's sister right? Apparently not, since we didn't see her anywhere else but the anime.

The manga (not yet translated) had proven us right that time doesn't match the real world's time. Shiina is really a person from the past. So from this, either Hatsune doesn't have any regrets, or is not sent to the same time zone as Otonashi.
Hmm, maybe she went to the other parallel world? I think so.

Or maybe, she arrived before Yuri, one of Kanade's friend and passed on since she lived a normal life xD

What the hell am I thinking? Maybe I'm just tired, so bear with me please xD I'm also writing my Fanfic story, so yeah, anything comes in my mind
Old 2012-07-16, 17:24   Link #138
AndurilWielder

I'm wondering where the Principal's office is located. I've been watching episode one where Ootonashi flies out of the window thanks to the anti-angel trap, and it looks like a three story building with a wall next to it and a railing with a pathway. The building also has a triangle roof. However, the only three story buildings I find are the classrooms, a white office building, and one to the south that is near a wall area but it doesn't have a triangle roof.

I've been trying to outline the school, but its hard. Some things don't add up to me. (this is important for navigation in my story)
Old 2012-07-21, 22:06   Link #139
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndurilWielder View Post
I'm wondering where the Principal's office is located. I've been watching episode one where Ootonashi flies out of the window thanks to the anti-angel trap, and it looks like a three story building with a wall next to it and a railing with a pathway. The building also has a triangle roof. However, the only three story buildings I find are the classrooms, a white office building, and one to the south that is near a wall area but it doesn't have a triangle roof.

I've been trying to outline the school, but its hard. Some things don't add up to me. (this is important for navigation in my story)
I remember somewhere on the net there's an image with the locations written down and that image was official. Ok, I did some screengrabs. Here it is.

In episode 1, can see that Noda is backed by a wall, and (not here), when Hisako and gang were leaving, the walls beside them were straight with windows.
Spoiler for noda:

In episode 4, where we can clearly see Yurippe looking out at the baseball match, she looked on both fields on the left and right of the principal office.
Spoiler for yurippe:

Right before Hinata's last match, the empty field can be seen with a round edge.
Spoiler for field:

And according to an old screen shot i got which I believe is from the last ep when tenshi disappeared.

(dont mind the ugly circles) That's where I believe the office is. With the canteen and doms. From where the office is, we can explain where yurippe looked at left and right, and also note that that building is in the shape of an inverted E, which can be the classrooms since the windows are like this.

I can go back and look at episode 5 again to check the classrooms windows but am not so free now.
Old 2012-07-22, 08:19   Link #140
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

You're 100% correct with that.

Tags
q&a