AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-17, 02:41   Link #681
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
i find it funny how everybody needed like 5 pages of bullshitting their new abilities whereas zebra just punched him in the face xd
This. Always straight to the point. Oh does he ever.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 04:10   Link #682
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^The fact that the beast limbs were beaten so quickly despite all the buildup they had is EXACTLY the problem I have, though. I mean, these are monsters that were hyped up as being more than capable of driving mankind into extinction. We just had a whole chapter where they instantly destroyed a bunch of the past locations that Toriko and co. visited during their adventures, and proved how useless the human world's military might was against them. So is it really asking so much for them to actually give the 4 kings a proper challenge, even if they're not the "true" bosses of this arc? At least Shima could have made it so that they had to be beaten in a specific pattern, like with the sphinx in the Gourmet Pyramid.....

And before anyone brings up the Food Honor training again, while I do agree that it's expected that the training would provide all the kings with a huge-power-up, that still doesn't necessarily mean that they should be able to instantly curbstomp their first new enemies (that monster Toriko beat at Chin's temple was acceptable since that WAS just a random monster). Heck, you can even look back at old-school manga like Dragonball and Kinnikuman where the heroes still had a rough time against their enemies despite having emerged fresh from training....
I dunno. But if I were you I wouldn't count the 4 beasts out yet. The chapter ended just that way, with each monster receiving an apparently deadly blow.

However, going by the fact the main body is 200 m underground, wouldn't that mean it's weaker than any of the 4 beasts?

What I'm saying is, if the main body really was stronger, then why would it need to manipulate 4 additional monsters? I believe now Toriko and co. are for a big surprise.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 10:39   Link #683
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Totally out of continuity post, since I was gone for a while...but while I was on vacation, I encountered those flesh-eating fish from Life that eat dead tissue, they really turn heels as soft as cheeks in 30' Has anyone else tried this?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 13:41   Link #684
marvelB

Spoiler's out. I won't make a big detailed summary this week, though:

Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 15:17   Link #685
Homura7

^

I've just checked the spoiler pics, and... oh my god, OH-MY-GOD!!
Old 2012-08-23, 16:32   Link #686
ShiroiRyu

Wow ...
The main body O_o.
Old 2012-08-24, 09:27   Link #687
marvelB

Geez, the chapter's been out for a while yet there's hardly any talk about it....

Anyway, like I said in the above spoiler, I'll take back my earlier complaints for now, since the limbs AREN'T dead yet. But man, that main body sure is creepy looking. I wonder how many humans it'll succeed in eating before the 4 kings reach it in time.....

I'm also glad to see Mansam is ready to act too, though it's also possible he'll be taken out by the guy behind him (who I'm guessing is the mastermind controlling the beast's main body). Definitely can't wait for the next chapter....
Old 2012-08-24, 10:02   Link #688
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Technically speaking, the limbs are defeated.

It's just moving on from the "4 Different Forms of the Boss' => "Boss Final Form" now.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 11:54   Link #689
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Kinda disappointed that the main body is like leftovers of a tree from Halloween Town but still the scale and scope of what's going on is pretty damn exciting.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 12:12   Link #690
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Technically speaking, the limbs are defeated.

It's just moving on from the "4 Different Forms of the Boss' => "Boss Final Form" now.

While true to an extent, my main gripe was that the limbs would be outright killed so soon after all their hype. But since they're all still alive (and therefore capable of striking back twice as hard as before), I take back my earlier complaints, especially since now mankind truly IS on the verge of being the beasts' dinner....
Old 2012-08-24, 13:15   Link #691
Homura7

Furthermore, inside the main body they are safe and can recover from the wounds that have been inflicted upon.
Old 2012-08-24, 15:12   Link #692
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Beside Mansam there is also Teppei who is also in the incident site. And yeah main body looks kinda simple but I don't this is the final form of its outer appearance. Maybe it will turn out something different after he absorbs four limbs. GATTAI!
Old 2012-08-24, 16:30   Link #693
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i'm still waiting for the day when a beast with capture level over 9000 shows up
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 16:44   Link #694
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
i'm still waiting for the day when a beast with capture level over 9000 shows up
You've watched too much Dragon Ball. And it's over 8000 actually.
Old 2012-08-30, 05:57   Link #695
ShiroiRyu

Oh man !
That look like Frieza versus Sangoku.
One hour before they die !
Old 2012-08-30, 10:41   Link #696
marvelB

Heh, funny that the last few posts were made up of DB references, and the latest chapter shows the Four Beast transforming into a Majin Buu-like form.

Admittedly, I'm still a little disappointed that the limbs fight is over so soon, but hopefully the main body will combine attacks from all 4 of the limbs now that he's reabsorbed them. Yhat whole thing with making an "illness" rain is insane..... and to think, poor Komatsu has just an hour to help cook up a cure for all of mankind.....
Old 2012-08-30, 11:00   Link #697
Kafriel
Senior Guest

At least Komatsu's role is still pretty important in all of this So, toxic rain is out, I suppose the tentacles are out too, so it should still have some kind of defensive move and....hmm, speed? Doesn't look like that thing can go anywhere near as fast as Zebra's rental horse
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 11:08   Link #698
marvelB

^Hey, he's a Gourmet World monster. For all we know, he'll probably be zipping around at the speed of light (or at least close to it).

Anyway, I forgot to mention that I liked how Teppei is helping out in the fight too, even if it's just to help protect the bystanders. Hopefully we may even see him fight against the Four Beast, as well. And then there's the question of whether or not Mansam will get involved (that is, if that dude in the shadows from last chapter didn't take him out already).....
Old 2012-09-05, 10:08   Link #699
marvelB

So I found one small spoiler image for the next chapter:

Spoiler for Toriko 202:
Old 2012-09-05, 16:39   Link #700
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So I found one small spoiler image for the next chapter:

Spoiler for Toriko 202: