AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-25, 08:06   Link #41
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
You know I've decided there's hope for Sayaka after all... but I think it belongs in the speculation thread.

My argument about why Sayaka is not as doomed as everyone thinks she is!
Haha, just accept it already... you might not cry as hard if you prepare yourself for it. As for myself, I'm still gonna shed some manly tears even though I know it's coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
A crestfallen and devastated Sayaka withdraws into passive mode and eventually turns into a witch due to auto-corruption.
Hell, corruption could even be rapid if that was the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitoriTomoyo View Post
If everything were to be taken away from Madoka before she even initiates a contract with Kyuubey, wouldn't that open up room for a theory that

Spoiler:
If this happens I hope she instantly vaporizes Kyuubey and ends the horrible game.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 09:58   Link #42
J the Drafter

I think that Sayaka is going to be around for a while. Character death is groovy, but characters need other characters to interact with.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 10:51   Link #43
Mentar
Banned

Well, I suspect that next episode she'll become the first magical girl and get things sorted out. The question is when Urobuchi swings the hammer. I think end of ep4 sounds like a good time for Kamijo to pull the rug away under Miki. Which should set her up for a death in 5, maximum 6.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 15:25   Link #44
Kazu-kun

Some info on Kamijo:

http://www.madoka-magica.com/special...d/kyosuke.html

"Kyosuke Kamijo. Childgood friend of Sayaka. Violin prodigy, but an accident left him unable to play ever again. Sayaka has a crush on him."
Old 2011-01-27, 04:05   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well hopefully she manages to survive. I mean if we lose her then really starting to run out of characters that I care at all about.
Old 2011-01-27, 04:52   Link #46
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I vote for Sayaka's or Kamijou's death in the hand of either Homura or Madoka.
Old 2011-01-27, 13:14   Link #47
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I vote for Sayaka's or Kamijou's death in the hand of either Homura or Madoka.
So true, I stick to the series because of the plot but also because of Mami and Sayaka, I don't have a liking to Homura nor Madoka yet so only is Sayaka is the anchor for me in this series... oh great, she became a MS .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 07:38   Link #48
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

heh, I take that back. With Kyoko entering I'm not sure anymore ^^a

However, I think I see that Sayaka will eventually end up heartbroken because of Kamijou. For starters, their relationship before Kamijou's accident was never portrayed. Though I might end up hating Kamijou instead if he actually used to be real close to Sayaka.
Old 2011-01-28, 07:45   Link #49
Mentar
Banned

After talking about things with Key Board, I accept his arguments that killing Sayaka already would hurry things too much. And so, while I maintain that things are going to happen exactly as outlined, I herewith stretch the timeline some, compared to my earlier estimation.

So, I guess that next episode, Sayaka and Kyoko will have an initial clash (not necessarily a physical fight, but I expect Kyoko to bully her, and Sayaka will bite back), and the climax in the second half is going to be that Kamijo doesn't love her back like Sayaka wishes for... and that Sayaka begins her slippery slope down. Then, in ep6 she's going to begin her descent... and once she does become a witch, Kyoko will take advantage of it, kill her and collect the grief seed.

This would give Sayaka a bit more time to shine, and her tragedy to unfold.
Old 2011-01-28, 10:56   Link #50
Kazu-kun

Quote:
and once she does become a witch, Kyoko will take advantage of it, kill her and collect the grief seed.
I believe this isn't going to happen. I think I finally found enough clues to determine what will happen to Sayaka. There's a hint in the imagery of episode 4. I'll make a few screenshots and came back later to explain this...
Old 2011-01-28, 11:51   Link #51
Genten
has a custom user title

Sayaka has become my favorite character. She needs more screen time. I kind've wish she was the main character instead of Madoka.

Anyway, no, I do not believe Sayaka will die in the next few episodes. If her death is going to happen, which I believe it will not, it will not happen until the end of the series. It's not just because she's my favorite character, either, I believe Sayaka has a much more important role than 'someone who's going to die.'

First, Sayaka is very much an enigma still. She's certainly very powerful: she has already gotten Kamijou almost full movement in his hand. I don't know what the rate of wishes coming true is but I assume it's related to the power of the Puella Magi. She's not a weakling or a pushover: in many ways, she's much stronger than Madoka. She was the one who waited for the witch in episode three. Madoka is much more likely to run for help. I'm not saying that Madoka is a weak character, ability wise, but her personality puts her at a serious disadvantage. I think that the characters in the show, and many viewers, disregard Sayaka's potential.

Second, Sayaka needs more time to unfold. She is very much a tragic hero: she's fighting for a selfish ass, ehem, guy who doesn't seem to care about her very much and will never know about her efforts to bring him a miracle. She loves Kamijou and I don't believe he will ever love her back. Perhaps Sayaka knows this, deep down inside her, but cares about him so much that she's willing to sacrifice herself for him. It's beautiful and very tragic: Mami was probably right to say that wishing for other people will bring nothing but sadness.

However, Sayaka cannot die because she is involved very much with Madoka. If she dies then Madoka has no reason to become a Puella Magi: the people she loves are dropping like flies and she wants to pull out before anything else happens. I believe that Kyubey has allowed this new magical girl to fight Sayaka because it might inspire Madoka to become one herself. So Sayaka needs to live for Madoka as well.

I believe the reason Mami warned Sayaka about making wishes for other people is that these can easily collapse. The person may leave the magical girl and will never appreciate what she has done for them. Sayaka's lines after she meets with Kamijou seem to reinforce this: she knows that Kamijou will never like her the way she loves him but is continuing to fight for him anyway. It's an ultimate weak point that she will have to deal with later. Anyway, my fondess for Kamijou is rapidly fading anyway so, you know, I want to see what they do with him.

Sayaka certainly looks very adorable in her Magi uniform though. Ah, I feel like I need to search for pictures of her on PIXIV.
Old 2011-01-28, 12:31   Link #52
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm with Genten.

I doubt that Sayaka is going to die, at least not before Madoka becomes a magical girl.

The reason being that if Sayaka dies, that would just heighten Madoka's reservations at becoming a magical girl.

Now, some might say "Well, if Sayaka dies, that'll inspire Madoka to become a magical girl in order to wish Sayaka back from the dead!"

Well, Madoka didn't seem to even consider doing this for Mami, so...

No, I think that what will happen is that Madoka will see Sayaka in grave peril, and will wish to become a magical girl in order to save Sayaka. That, in my view, would fit very nicely with where this plot is going so far, and what it has foreshadowed so far.
Old 2011-01-28, 14:09   Link #53
ChronoReverse

Lets up the grim factor for that theory. Madoka turns magical to try to save Sayaka and fails anyway.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 15:14   Link #54
lanslort

In ep4 Sayaka turns into a MG as I expected, and we can expect that Kamijou dumping her very soon. It's very sad for Sayaka but I don't think only that will make Sayaka descend and run away from her MG duty. She's not that kind of weak girl. She may die or become dark and turn into a witch, but there's no way she's gonna be passive just if Kamijou turns her down. She knew that's probably gonna happen at the very beginning.

Actually she's kind of remind me of Isayama Yomi from Garei Zero, while she not the main heroine, I think she may die or become a witch in the next 2 or 3 episodes. Here is what I predict:

Dumped by Kamijou -> defeated by Kyoko but saved by Homura -> Homura laugh at her wish for others -> even Madoka is try to avoid her because she don't want to get involved with MG affairs anymore -> fallen and turn into a witch.
lanslort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 18:52   Link #55
Kazu-kun

So. Remember this pic? It supposedly hints that Sayaka will become a witch and fight Homura. Some people dismissed it as too farfeched, others just ignored it all together. But, with that in mind, let's take a look at this other pic:

Allow me to explain. The first pic is taken from episode 1. Right when Madoka exits the maze to find Homura fighting a super witch in a totally messed up world, there's a weird fast shot of this building. The second pic, which is obviously the same building, was taken from apisode 4, and is.... the hospital Kyouske is in. IMO, this hints the witch from the dream sequence is either Sayaka or Kyouske, the two characters we know are connected to that place. Now, if I add the previous pic, which show some similarities between the witch and Sayaka's MG getup, then I say there's a real possibility that witch is indeed Sayaka.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2011-01-30 at 16:02.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 06:44   Link #56
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

So. Remember this pic? It supposedly hints that Sayaka will become a witch and fight Homura. Some people dismissed it as too farfeched, others just ignored it all together. But, with that in mind, let's take a look at this other pic:

Allow me to explain. The first pic is taken from episode 1. Right when Madoka exits the maze to find Homura fighting a super witch in a totally messed up world, there's a weird fast shot of this building. The second pic, which is obviously the same building, was taken from apisode 4, and is.... the hospital Kyouske is in. IMO, this hints the witch from the dream sequence is either Sayaka or Kyouske, the two characters we know are connected to that place. Now, if I add the previous pic, which show some similarities between the witch and Madoka's MG getup, then I say there's a real possibility that witch is indeed Sayaka.
Makes sense... but the building BG could just be the studio saving a few buck here or there. Sorry just had to poke a hole in it... but I'm still leaning toward Sayaka = witch in Ep.01.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 07:12   Link #57
Mentar
Banned

Hm. Coooouuuuuld be, I guess, but somehow I find it hard to bite... why would Sakuya become a witch so powerful that Homura (who we can safely assume to be on the powerful end of the ladder) would be defeated by her, as shown in ep1?

tbh, I have certain doubts that the scene has a real significance, since it was obviously a dream created by QB. And I hate time-loop scenarios (since you can so conveniently do anything you want with them), so I'd prefer to consider this dream pure fiction at this moment.

But yeah - could be.
Old 2011-01-29, 07:57   Link #58
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm echoing the sentiment that, while I do see some rather obvious flags in episode 4, it might be more adequate or maybe even appropriate that whatever price Sayaka does end up paying for her choice as to become an MG, it might not be a price paid for by her life.

On the terms of equivalent exchange, Mami was given a second chance at life, and in the end paid the price by actually dying. When I thought about this, perhaps life isn't the exact end-all ransom at the eventual end of an MGs career. Sayaka's wish was to restore his hand, and the price she must pay for it in the end will be something at least on equal terms with it. Speculating, perhaps she would lose the function of one of her own appendages as a result, not the same hand but maybe even a leg or an entire arm.

On second thought this is rather intriguing. I think I'll extrapolate on this and bring it to the speculation thread.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 10:40   Link #59
Kazu-kun

Quote:
tbh, I have certain doubts that the scene has a real significance, since it was obviously a dream created by QB.
Why would QB insert a shot of Kyousuke's hospital there then? In fact, that shot is more for the audience than for Madoka, since is inserted in a really intrusive way too.

I know it's not totally certain yet, but with the clues we have now, it's more likely than ever before.

EDIT: Also, don't forget the red ribbon. Episode 1 is the first time Madoka wears that color (red). We know it's the first time because of Hitomi and Sayaka's reaction to it. But lo and behold, in the dream, Madoka is wearing a red ribbon!! Unless Kyubey knows the future, he couldn't possible know Madoka was going to wear that color, so it's unlikely the dream is his doing. On the other hand, the red ribbon also hints this dream is a vision of a future event.

And please, don't tell me I'm nitpicking for bringing up the ribbon. Episode 1 focus on it quite a lot, so all this can not be coincidence!!

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2011-01-29 at 11:17.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 12:21   Link #60
Mentar
Banned

Hm. How about something trivial like "animators reusing stock footage"? I'm not sure if I'd attribute all that much to the shot, tbh. But I'll rewatch it once more...

The ribbon detail is interesting... will have to keep that in the back of my head.

So what is the scene in your interpretation? Some far future?

Tags
characters