AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-11, 16:12   Link #1281
WILD_LION

That is true @cyberdemon, but the people is comparing DXD LN with another LN who got the 3 Place and just sold 22VOLS.

I don't like this kind of thinking, i prefer to think positive and wait the best of ishibumi sensei, to enjoy DXD LN for so much long time.
Old 2013-02-11, 16:36   Link #1282
serbian otaku #1

The proof that it's popular is that it's getting second season, there are many novels that are ongoing and have a lot of volumes (Chrome Shelled Regios), but have only got one season of anime, even if DxD's popularity drop's, it's still very unlikely that it will be axed.

Last edited by serbian otaku #1; 2013-02-11 at 17:20.
Old 2013-02-11, 16:41   Link #1283
WILD_LION

Thakns serbian otaku # 1, Your words comforted me.
What do you think ReaperxKingx?
Old 2013-02-11, 16:49   Link #1284
peinmaximus@

hey guys,whom you think that will be the main enemy of ise in the vampire war?
and guys,you think that ise is already at least in top 10 or top 15 of underworld?
to me the top 20 of underworld now,in term of powers(not influence),is:
1-sizerchs
2-ajuka
3-the third super devil
4-seraphall/grayfia
5-maou asmodeus
6-diehauser
7-second in the rating game
8-third in the rating game
9-mephistoles(same he not interested in the underworld)
10-fourth in the rating game
11-fifth in the rating game
12-lord bael
13-sutr second
14-macgregor matthers
15-souji okita
16-bahamut
17-enku
18-lord agares
19-ise
20-sairorg/tannin
obs.guys,you agree with my top 20?

Last edited by peinmaximus@; 2013-02-11 at 17:24.
Old 2013-02-11, 16:58   Link #1285
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
That is true @cyberdemon, but the people is comparing DXD LN with another LN who got the 3 Place and just sold 22VOLS.

I don't like this kind of thinking, i prefer to think positive and wait the best of ishibumi sensei, to enjoy DXD LN for so much long time.
just because it ended at 22 means nothing to other series. It just means that author finished what they wanted to. As long as there's still ideas for DxD, the series will continue.
Old 2013-02-11, 17:24   Link #1286
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
hey guys,whom you think that will be the main enemy of ise in the vampire war?
and guys,you think that ise is already at least in top 10 or top 15 of underworld?
to me the top 20 of underworld is:
1-sizerchs
2-ajuka
3-the third super devil
4-seraphall/grayfia
5-maou asmodeus
6-diehauser
7-second in the rating game
8-third in the rating game
9-mephistoles(same he not interested in the underworld)
10-fourth in the rating game
11-fifth in the rating game
12-lord bael
13-ise
14-sairorg
15-tannin
obs.guys,you agree with my top 15?
There's no way Ise and Sairorg are so high in rank. It was mentioned in volume 12 that Ise has the power of upper high-class devil, and Tannin is ultimate-class devil, and then there's Ruval. Ise and Sairorg have to become a lot stronger to rank so high.

P.S. Don't forget the servant's of Maou, they're also extremely strong.
Old 2013-02-11, 17:25   Link #1287
Wysth

I agree with cyber demon and don't forget the writer has said that if he were to run out of ideas he would write an arc with (ah what's her name) as a last resort.

Yes it would wonder me if Ise wasn't even in the top 100 or even 500.
Old 2013-02-11, 17:32   Link #1288
WILD_LION

Then the most important are the Ideas of ishibumi sensei and the popularity of DXD.
Then yet there are countless number of ideas(situations in the LN) that we not see yet.
Old 2013-02-11, 17:36   Link #1289
peinmaximus@

serbian otaku and wysth,about the the top,ise nearly defeat grendel that is most powerful than tannin.and tannin is at least in the top 20 of underworld.
then ise is yes in this high rank.
obs.and guys we know that if ise control completely his powers of zero and infinite he will be the strongest of underworld.
guys,how be yours top 20?
Old 2013-02-11, 18:11   Link #1290
WILD_LION

But if i remember, i read in the spilers that ISE nearly defeat grendel with ASCALON, not with his own Power. Well is that i read.

I think that ise need a new training with a teacher stronger than tannin, fight against Terrorist, control the Zero and Infinite Power, to be stronger, In my opinion ISE is just begining the way of a middle class demon to transform in a high class demon.
Old 2013-02-11, 18:15   Link #1291
serbian otaku #1

If Ise masters powers of infinite and dreams he will probably be the strongest in the world, maybe equal to GR. But that will take a lot of time, maybe thousands of years.
Old 2013-02-11, 18:17   Link #1292
Chimurry

I think put ending date to DxD LN series its too early, popular doesn't have to measure with Anime or Manga Version, many examples of this, usually get drama cd/dvd first, Shana, far I know its was ended cuz the author "feel" tired, even now is top seller in many kinds of franchises; LN, anime (Viz its made in huge effort in USA, toys and others), somebody on the Shana forum said the author just want to move on to other project, its not clear why he made Future & Hope, I mean due Otakus presion or he really like go that way, my hopes are he will keep going on Shana, cuz I love the story structure and I think still too much material still could be explore, other series whom suppose was ended really early, despite the sky rocket popularity: HSoD, by the way: recently was announce they will return on the next spring (hope its true), but after years of uncertain s, opposite examples for long term series: Oh My Goddess!, Gantz, DBZ, Evangelion (kind of bumpy) and few others keep going even for decades, so, in short, Ishibumi could go as long he wants or the sales "punish" with low rating, still he can do (if have the will) what Reiki Sensei (SAO and Accel) and Tsutomo Sensei (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei) did: publish on the Web.

About Ise and the Harem: I say several times, the series its focus on that front and one of the mayor goal Ise have its to become Harem King, this its out of question, however Ise himself states (I think its was on Vol 10) he want to be close to the girls, so my POV still I fell good if Ishibumi Sensei give Us good character development, Vol 14 Akeno scene take this way, its not the first time Ise act like a true lover, caring for the girl instead of his sexual impulse and I still complain the author could not let "milking" too much the ecchi situations where Ise don't do nothing further than faint cuz blood loss or the girls hit him unconscious.
About his RG future wins/loss: Its too early to say and I think this not the tread for.
Old 2013-02-11, 18:34   Link #1293
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian otaku #1 View Post
There's no way Ise and Sairorg are so high in rank. It was mentioned in volume 12 that Ise has the power of upper high-class devil, and Tannin is ultimate-class devil, and then there's Ruval. Ise and Sairorg have to become a lot stronger to rank so high.

P.S. Don't forget the servant's of Maou, they're also extremely strong.
I believe it was said somewhere in the previous volumes that, in just sheer raw power, Ise is ultimate class devil. Of course, to be an upper class. He has to be promoted anyways, no matter how high his abilities are.
Old 2013-02-11, 18:45   Link #1294
serbian otaku #1

@bloodyclaws, His raw power is probably ultimate-class, but power is how he uses it in battle.
It doesn't mean that some bodybilder with 200 pound is gona defeat some martial artis just because he has raw power. And also Ddraig mentione in earlier volumes that Ise's raw power is only limited by his capacty, if not it would grow endlessly, cause BG wolud continuously give him power.
Old 2013-02-11, 18:52   Link #1295
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Not to mention, that it has been mentioned, in the novel, that Rias has to wait about 5 years (if I remember correctly, she has to graduate from the university, first, and currently she still hasn't ended her third year at High school) , before she will be capable of officially participating in a Rating Game, and personally I doubt that the novels are going to cover such a huge period of time... and, since timeskip's usually don't have a good opinion among fans of someone's work... I would say that the chance, that we will see how Rias and Ise climb up the ranking of the official Rating Game, is pretty low...
Interestingly enough, by the time is Rias graduates from the university she will be getting marrying or will be married to Ise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian otaku #1 View Post
The proof that it's popular is that it's getting second season, there are many novels that are ongoing and have a lot of volumes (Chrome Shelled Regios), but have only got one season of anime, even if DxD's popularity drop's, it's still very unlikely that it will be axed.
I heard that reason why that anime didn't get another season was due to the death of Tetsuya Koiso, the Production Coordinator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysth View Post
I agree with cyber demon and don't forget the writer has said that if he were to run out of ideas he would write an arc with (ah what's her name) as a last resort.
It's Shiva.
Old 2013-02-11, 19:42   Link #1296
peinmaximus@

hey n0m@n,in the end of the fight grendel respect start to respect ise?
the scene with ravel talking to ise her feelings since the battle with raiser happen in new life?
obs.and guys,whom you want to be ise new teacher of ise?ophis?
Old 2013-02-11, 19:43   Link #1297
serbian otaku #1

@Sky
That was only one of examples, there are novels that go on and on, but don't have anime adaptations, but there're also novels that are not so long but have anime made, it depends on popularity, and DxD is certanly popular since it has 2nd season made, but only 12 volumes of main story.
Old 2013-02-11, 22:34   Link #1298
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

Ok....so Sona's grim reaper has cute decorations on her scythe

Old 2013-02-11, 23:10   Link #1299
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilNewBlood View Post
Ok....so Sona's grim reaper has cute decorations on her scythe
she's certainly an odd ball of a group that comes off as overly serious.
Old 2013-02-12, 01:42   Link #1300
Yye1
Wide Right

somehow for the grim reaper, im picturing the deathscythe gundam with a pink scythe

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen