AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-04, 12:04   Link #641
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ok i finally start this game . Yeah i know , shame on me , i didn't played it till now ^^
I took a Rapi's dwarf .
Currently , i'm at Lothering .
I was wondering if i could make Morrigan fall in love with me ... why not
She admires me now (gave all gifts for her XD)
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 12:11   Link #642
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Morrigan will be only interested in you until the Circle of Magi tower. in which she asks you to find a tome of her mothers. It's in Irving's room, near the desk on the left corner of the room. Give it to Morrigan the moment you get it or give it back to her at camp.

After that, go venturin' and stuff, when you talk again at camp... she basically tells you to.

Spoiler for spoiler for Morrigan:

That should help. If it didn't... then i'm sorry.

Last edited by Arbitres; 2010-04-04 at 12:24. Reason: Typos, can't be a very useful guide if -sho- can't read half of it.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 12:48   Link #643
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Damn i barely read the first line of the spoiler , omg . Well , it's not your fault don't worry , it's mine , i was too curious ^^
So she's only interested ? i heard Alistair and Morrigan talking about me , Alistair was toying with Morrigan , and she was timid then he was joking about love letter and all .(or i must have misunderstood , that was Leliana , and Alistair was talking about the guard i was fighting back )

Edit : Nvm i saw in a site that i can ^^

Last edited by -Sho-; 2010-04-04 at 13:02.
Old 2010-04-07, 01:04   Link #644
A l l e l u j a h
Ultimate Cyber Newtype

Send a message via Yahoo to A l l e l u j a h
Does bioware plan on releasing more DAO expansion packs like Awakening?
A l l e l u j a h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 02:15   Link #645
Ending

@ Arbitres

Yes, you can save yourself/Alistair, but it comes with a moral dilemma: if you take Morrigan's offer you will be sacrificing the child and, worse, you're handing it out to a rather untrustworthy woman. She even states it outright: "I'll take the child and do whatever I please with it." So after a few years it might be a new Blight.

In my case, I turned down the offer and let her go. The epilogue states she became pregnant anyway, so it's not a bad choise.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 04:10   Link #646
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I'm aware of that, I've been aware of that. I simply dislike Morrigan because of what, how, and reason she is doing things.

Though I do relate with her preferring skilled over incompetent, devout-flying-dog-raising buffoons.

Course, I still like Alistair anyway, what he lacks academically he makes up on the field~
Old 2010-04-07, 07:09   Link #647
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

atleast she feels sad at the end if you play your cards right and she regrets doing what she did.
Old 2010-04-07, 07:44   Link #648
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

One thing is bothering me .

Item DROP are crap even on BOSS and CHEST lol come on ...
Hopefully , i got items from DLC ...
Old 2010-04-08, 05:36   Link #649
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Boss fight on the tower of Ishtal > Ogre - Always drops Havard Aegis, random loot

Boss fight because that crazy bitch > Broodmother - Always drops a piee of Effort and durty, random loot

Boss fight at landsmeet > Loghain - Having him being beheaded by Alistair is reward enough.

Hope that helped Sho? xD
Old 2010-04-08, 07:11   Link #650
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Sure lol ^^
Well , now it's okay for my warrior/thief , i did Return to Ostagar , i got Cailan's loots .
Actually , i just need some Mage's armors and rings .
Ow , and that was a fierce fight with Morrigan's mother O_o !
Hopefully , the second times i wore Titan's armor and separated the team , Allistair was behind him during all the fight ^^ Me above , Leliana(bowman) and Wynne(healer) far behind .
Old 2010-04-08, 07:23   Link #651
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Glad to know you survived.. I found it all very ironic for my first time, since my character's name was Siegfried.

If you want mage armor/rings try the following

Spellsword - Found in the cultist lair during sacred urn, only useble for arcane warriors
life Drinker - found in the cultist lair during sacred urn, only usable for blood mages.

Try Grim Reaper's... something. It's purchasable in denerim in the magic store...
Old 2010-04-08, 07:38   Link #652
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ok thanks , i'll go first finish Wynne's quest at Brecilian .
Then i'll do the urn .

Magic store ... i bet that it's cheap
Old 2010-04-08, 11:46   Link #653
A l l e l u j a h
Ultimate Cyber Newtype

Send a message via Yahoo to A l l e l u j a h
What are your assumptions if bioware were to create a Dragon Age Origins 2? or a different title like a <different> age origins? Isn't it kinda redundant having a blight over and over again?
A l l e l u j a h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 12:26   Link #654
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by A l l e l u j a h View Post
What are your assumptions if bioware were to create a Dragon Age Origins 2? or a different title like a <different> age origins? Isn't it kinda redundant having a blight over and over again?
There are many things that are implied in the base game and the expansion (and DLC) which can pop up as plot material:

-People viewing the Wardens as a power hungry group. Not necessarily in Ferelden where you're a kickass savior, but elsewhere, like the Anderthals, especially with factions supporting the First Warden to guide them more than their own king and tensions mounting (also the little siege between Soldier's Peak/Warden's Keep and the king at the time)
-Tension between Orlais/Tevinter and Ferelden or other areas.
-Qunari invasion (Sten says he wouldn't want to face you, the Warden in combat when the time does come for the Qun to invade)
-An Exalted March
-God baby
-Dual Blight (there are still two more archdemons). Regardless of what epilogue you got in Awakening (which some don't even consider as official canon; more as alternate storyline), there is always the possibility that something happens (Architect repeats his mistake or mindless darkspawn get really lucky and find the arch. Much more devastating if you have to fight a Blight on more than one front with two archdemons. It'd be cool if DA:2 had this feature where you fought through as your original Warden (or another one) to kill one Archdemon, and once you beat it, you unlock an entirely different area and play as another nation's Warden to fight off the other Archdemon (of course, with a different story), and you hear things of what's going on in the other region that's plagued.

And the list goes on.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 21:00   Link #655
Statonxyb
hrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by A l l e l u j a h View Post
Question aside, they are developing Dragon Age 2.
Old 2010-04-09, 11:58   Link #656
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I hope they are .
Actually , i'm playing DAO and i love it .
A great Baldur's gate successor !

I have a question .

How can you use Pet's techs instead of always making the strat ? Or there is no other issues .
Old 2010-04-09, 12:16   Link #657
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Strats are the best way. Or you could play as him. Play comes with it's own risk, as the Warden is liable to do something stupid without you.

I don't use pet that much.

Wynne
Leliana
Alistair/Oghren/Sten/Loghain

That is how I operate. While he might be a cute little tank of doomy-doom... I prefer heavy armored tanks with actual weapons instead of natural weapons. (...fangs and claws. For instance.)

Though playing with pet could get you some relief while on the battlefield. Other then that... I prefer Alistair, or the same height more dangerous Oghren.

I promised Sten cake if he fought like Alistair and Oghren. His response was "I am to fight like a idiot and a drunkard. Understood."

xD
Old 2010-04-09, 12:39   Link #658
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Sorry lol , i mean , the pets which are in Ranger's spec .

For My current team :

Me(Tank DPS)
Leliana(DPS melee/DPS Bow)
Morrigan(DPS,Stun)
Wynne(Healer)

I don't like Shale/Dog . Obviously , they didn't got so much equipments and their stats are rather worse than the others char .
I didn't try Sten cuz he's only good for DPS , he doesn't get a 1st spec ... he's using 2 hands weapon like me ...
But dude , i'm at 90+ for his approbation ..
I didn't try Zevran yet . I don't know if he's a better DSP than Leliana but i guess yes , as he's an assassin but i still prefer wandering around Leliana ^^
Oghren , i don't have him yet .
Old 2010-04-09, 12:58   Link #659
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

You should've specified. I was never able to play a rogue because of the strength glitch thing. Well.. I did play it, but the strongest dagger I got was the Gift of The Grey. Not. Very. Powerful. Sentimental? Yes. Preferred equipment? No.

I don't have Xbox live because of several reasons. 1. Bad internet. 2. Live out in country.

...So yeah I was usually a warrior or mage. Mage was annoying because I felt like I was missing the fun of battle... bloody kills.

Enough with my whining, though. Zevran shouldn't be replacement for Leliana. He has no lockpicking/trap disarm skill. If you have it, then good. He is more damage dealing then anything. While he says he is good at locks, he isn't.

Leliana is always in my party.. Too useful, too cute. :3

Alistair is my decoy-- I mean, best friend. Hey, he looks cool in that massive armor...! Huh? Why i'm only wearing heavy armor..? No reason.

xD Try to focus on strength the most when it comes to sten and Alistair, HP is a priority too. You don't have to make them intelligent or quick. Theya re meant to deal damage while being an obstacle and hindrance for the other side.

...Oghren is fun. He is a crazy drunk with a foul mouth and smell. Red head... dwarf.. really short, badmouths Diamond Quarter guards daily. Spams what-her-face's name.

It's hard to miss him when you do meet him. Believe me, he leaves an impression.

Anyways, to be serious focusing on Leliana's bard skills is good for beginner. She can debuff/buff/paralyze pretty easy. Being able to kill enemies without much trouble is excellent. Thing is, Dark Spawn lack Willpower. Later on her song tree she will be able to paralyze enemies, a mental resist is necessary... It's quite helpful.

Alsitair should focus on shields and templar ability. His skill tree can get him a bonus to mental resistance, which is nifty. Equip him with massive armor when you get the chance. He will soak up damage while he and everyone else is doing it.

Wynne is too useful, even if she is a nosy crone. Her healing is immensely needed to survive the big fights... Like the Archdemon one. Don't go into it without her. If you are a healer yourself you can go without her. But if not, prepare to be masochist.

Tanks should always have heavier armor then you unless you youtself are heavy armor tank. Damage and endurance is necessity, obviously. Leliana should focus on speed and strength. (Light armor still requires strength sometimes. Equip medium armor ONLY if you need to.)

Pet and Morrigan can be moral support

Pet: Woof! (STEAK!)
Morrigan: ...I'm going to go study.

xD
Old 2010-04-09, 13:25   Link #660
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

(Forgot to mention Alistair)
Alistair = yeah , i kept him with his shield . I like it cuz his shield skills are very good .
I was playing with him before i met Wynne .
Otherwise , for the decoy , i'm a better decoy than him lol
Well , they said that if you got the heaviest armor , the enemies will target you first so .

Leliana = I got his debuff/buff but dunno if i'll put a point on the hypnose cuz Morrigan already got 50 paralyze/hypnose/sleep spells
And they said that if she'll play it , she'll only playing it and can't attack .
Does the hypnose effect last long as long that she's playing it ? Of course , if the enemies didn't break it .

Wynne = Yeah , she'll be always in my team now . Need Healer so badly . I was tired to use potions everytimes ^^

Well , currently i'm lv 14 , and i'm still on my way for the urn . I'm at Denerim and omg , the number of side quests .

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360