AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-09, 14:03   Link #661
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

It doesn't matter if she can't attack, anything near HER can't, either. What does that mean? Killing like a Britannian Viceroy would! Shamelessly murdering the side that can't fight back~~

To be serious, her paralyzing song (forgot the name.. think it was mesmerizing chant or something.) is best for stopping a huge group and mowing them down with AoE skills like dual sweep or two-handed sweep.... I would use cone of cold only UNDER certain circumstances.. Like if no one (including Leliana. If she is frozen the effect is broken.) was in the way.

Also, Leliana won't break unless she is stunned, knocked down, frozen, or so on. You know.. things that would seriously disrupt her mojo.

The thing doesn't effect you, just your enemies. It's icnredibly effective on large groups. Use it sparingly... It eats fatigue up from my knowledge (one big gulp at once or it slowly eats away. Long term is better because you can end a battle more quickly and save more as a result. Dunno which though.)

Overall... Alistair and Wynne was a must after I mastered them. Wynne should always heal/buff. Alistair debuffs with his templar skills and charges in like a piss drunk redneck afterwards. XD

Wait, that's Oghren, nvm.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 14:13   Link #662
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ok thanks for the info , i'll try her song.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 14:47   Link #663
A l l e l u j a h
Ultimate Cyber Newtype

Send a message via Yahoo to A l l e l u j a h
Upon the imprisonment of your hero and alistair, who did you send to the dungeon to rescue your hero?

Mine was Oghren and Zevran, those two are humorous.
A l l e l u j a h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 16:03   Link #664
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

morrigan and Sten, those two are funny. both had a good reason to want to be the ones to save the hero
Old 2010-04-09, 16:47   Link #665
Skane
Anime Snark

If you guys haven't tried it yet... use Sten and Oghren. The results are hilarious.

Cheers.
Old 2010-04-10, 05:15   Link #666
Ending

IMO, Dragon Age has some annoying flaws. One of them is casting through walls, which also makes the game rather easy when you can drop in three AoE spells and then seal the entrances.

Another one is the fact that every time you talk to someone your whole party teleports in front of him. Especially annoying when facing an obvious trap like at the end of the Bracilian forest, where the last room is filled with werewolves and their boss. Usually they start by throwing a fireball on your face to add insult to the injury >.>
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 06:58   Link #667
A l l e l u j a h
Ultimate Cyber Newtype

Send a message via Yahoo to A l l e l u j a h
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending View Post
IMO, Dragon Age has some annoying flaws. One of them is casting through walls, which also makes the game rather easy when you can drop in three AoE spells and then seal the entrances.

Another one is the fact that every time you talk to someone your whole party teleports in front of him. Especially annoying when facing an obvious trap like at the end of the Bracilian forest, where the last room is filled with werewolves and their boss. Usually they start by throwing a fireball on your face to add insult to the injury >.>
However, those bugs have been fixed in DAO: Awakening.
A l l e l u j a h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 13:52   Link #668
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

"casting through walls"
Didn't encountered this .

For the teleports party yes . Against a whole assassins above me and a mage behind me . I stopped my team behind for the mage cuz when we start to fight the mage already throw his fucking lighting spells on me so ..

My other problem is , when i attack enemies in a single room , the enemies in the others rooms are joining the fights ... and sometimes my characters are still in attack mode cuz one enemy left is in the next room far away and should be killed , he didn't see me , me too and yet i'm still in attack mode.
Old 2010-04-11, 13:25   Link #669
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hello .

I have a question .

Now , i'm at Orzammar and i must help one of the throne's successor . Beneth or Horrowalt..
But omg , when i listened to them and peoples around , both of them were lying etc...
Who is the true big lyer ?
And , as i'm a Paria . My sister made a child with Beneht lulz .
I think that i should help Beneth otherwise that'll be creepy after
Old 2010-04-11, 13:28   Link #670
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Hello .

I have a question .

Now , i'm at Orzammar and i must help one of the throne's successor . Beneth or Horrowalt..
But omg , when i listened to them and peoples around , both of them were lying etc...
Who is the true big lyer ?
And , as i'm a Paria . My sister made a child with Beneht lulz .
I think that i should help Beneth otherwise that'll be creepy after
If you ever put a close ear to world politics, it is the exact same scenario. Just choose whoever gives you the better benefits.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 14:06   Link #671
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Bhelen is pragmatic, but he killed his brothers and posioned his father. He will move Orzammar into an age not shackled by tradition, but rather skill -- the casteless become alittle more tolerant and eventually part of society. Thus, they take several thaigs because of the increase in manpower. However on several attempts of his life, Bhelen expels the noble caste and rules alone.

Harrowmont is a politician at heart, he was a confidante of the late king and leans towards the noble caste. He will help everyone except the casteless and is quite traditional. I forgot what happens in the epilogue, but there is a cave in at the entrance, causing Orzammar to be cut away from the surface world.

Screw whatever Bhelen did, he has the future of Orzammar. So what if he is a lying, scheming, brother killing machine? He values F***ing skill, not outdated tradition. That was enough for me to choose him.

</3
Old 2010-04-11, 14:20   Link #672
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ok thanks .
Yeah , i'm more interested for the benefits ^^ I don't care about who will be the next king , i'm a Paria after all
I read that i can betray one of them then take both rewards .
So , as my sis is with Bhelen , i'll stick with him and betray Harrowmont .
Old 2010-04-11, 14:24   Link #673
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Bhelen is pragmatic, but he killed his brothers and posioned his father. He will move Orzammar into an age not shackled by tradition, but rather skill -- the casteless become alittle more tolerant and eventually part of society. Thus, they take several thaigs because of the increase in manpower. However on several attempts of his life, Bhelen expels the noble caste and rules alone.

Harrowmont is a politician at heart, he was a confidante of the late king and leans towards the noble caste. He will help everyone except the casteless and is quite traditional. I forgot what happens in the epilogue, but there is a cave in at the entrance, causing Orzammar to be cut away from the surface world.

Screw whatever Bhelen did, he has the future of Orzammar. So what if he is a lying, scheming, brother killing machine? He values F***ing skill, not outdated tradition. That was enough for me to choose him.

</3
That's called utilitarian justice. For a greater good and screw all morals. I chose him too because Harrowmont's side doesn't really result in good rewards.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 14:42   Link #674
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Saintess, if you haven't been reading my posts. I'm an utilitarian.

Harrowmont isn't useful enough for me to choose him.

Pogression = Priority
Everyone getting a chance = Priority
Reward = Priority
Army = possible priority
Tradition = outdated, progression takes priority
Moral of race = outdated, everyone deserves a chance.

That's how it flew with me, actually thats how it always goes for me. Bhelen is more useful then Harrowmont because he is an heir to the throne and he will progress Orzammar forward.

If I wanted to live in a underground stagnation, I'd just be in a coffin. Which is basically how Orzammar ends up if you choose him.... Because after he dies, civil war erupts because he didn't choose a successor among the nobles.

Anvil of the Void is pointless. I'll take Golems, TY. Who cares where they come from? They are stronger, sturdier, and more resilient. They are superior in skill. Therefore they are preferrable.

"A king is not a king unless he helps his people. He is just a man then, who stole the throne from the rightful king."
Old 2010-04-11, 22:39   Link #675
kujoe
from head to heel

Bhelen has the qualities of a dictator, albeit a skillful one. Well-loved by the mob, while the other rivaling nobles resent him. He's like the dwarven Julius Caesar. I can't help but compare the Assembly to the Roman Senate, except the Assembly is comprised of nobles instead of senators.

The whole succession issue with Orzammar is probably the most notable, grayest decision you'll have to make in the entire game (not counting the final one, which involves Morrigan, whatever her true goal is...). You basically have to pick between rigid leadership that favours results and change over everything else, versus someone stuck in the old ways but with arguably better personal character.

I didn't play as a dwarf, but I picked Bhelen's side for their sake. For better or for worse, he's arguably the leader they need during their current crisis.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 06:18   Link #676
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So now i finished the landsmeet .
That was interesting .
I got 7 vote for me against 2 for Loghain .
Well ,the Duel was easy .

My choices :

- Anora and Alistair will rules as Queen and King . They'll marry .
- I killed Loghain even though he could have been in the party . Alistair is better .

And questions :

As Alistair is a King , does he will still in the party ? Currently he's still with me but later ?

What choices did you make ?
Old 2010-04-16, 06:42   Link #677
Who

I chose to learn how to make a mod to kill off that ONE guy who always sides with Loghain and say "we have no hope otherwise". It's ALWAYS unanimous except for that prick.

And oh. Spare Loghain, tick Alistair off and ruin his life by making him a king and marrying daddy's girl.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 09:00   Link #678
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Alistair will remain in the party, albeit he will be a king. Don't let him pull the "This is the best way for me to help my kingdom!" Bullshit at the end. Do it yourself, I don't recommend Morrigan's baby making idea.

The next game will look unfavorably on that choice, obviously. So don't, unless you are amoral. (Now if it was Leliana.... )

The rest of the game is pretty much your play. Got Leliana? Got a tank? Don't forget to use 'advance options' to call on your allies. Remember: Wynne is win.
Old 2010-04-16, 13:39   Link #679
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lulz .

So , what i did :

- Make a Baby with Morrigan(I didn't wanted to die but still poor baby T_T)
- I didn't bring Alistair with me vs Archidemon .

My team :

- Me(Tank DPS)
- Leliana with pet (Bow DPS)
- Morrigan (Debuff , paralyse 2s Archdemon)
- Wynne (Heal heal heal)

Well , i didn't found him hard .
Just divide the team , call the allies for the bait then it's ok .
I thought he will use Fire spells but no , that was spiritual lol
I was feeling like an idiot with my Dragonbone plate set Hopefully i got some Balms ^^

Results on my adventures :

- I'm Alistair's chancelor but i'm still a Grey Warden , so i won't stay in Denerim .

- Morrigan already left somewhere ... (My Baby !!! i wanted to see how does he looks , Dwarf + Human = Demi-dwarf no ? )

- Alistair and Anora are married .

- Wynne will help Shale to become again a "Humanoid" , Shale -> A "She" ^^ I found it hilarious .

- Oghren will stay a while in Denerim , he's happy with Felsi .

- Sten will rejoin his tribe .

- Zevran want to come with me , i said yes .

- Leliana , well i did a romance with her too , so yes she comes with me .

But ... what happens with my DOG lol ? I dunno if he's still with me ..

At the end , the after story :

- Bhelen made a statue for me , i was promoted as a "High in the assembly"
- Despite i'm Alistair's chancelor , i was kinda useless XD
- I was traveling with Leliana but she left to study something (i don't remember)
- Dunno what happened to Zevran
- Still don't know for my dog

So i end up Alone

Now go for Awakening .
For the import save , i didn't knew that we still got our stuffs . Except the companions armors/weapons ...

Ow and a new girl with me . A possible romance ? ^^

I did 73 hours btw . Great long game , i love the interactions between the characters .
Old 2010-04-16, 15:29   Link #680
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Well, if it was satisfactory for you then it must've been good. From the sounds of it, you didn't do too bad.

In the end, you end up all alone. Your comrades and friends parting ways as they make their own diverging paths. I wonder, how does that make you feel? Strong? Alone? Weak? I never got any of that in one go, I always had a funeral or a companion staying with me.

"Not all of me shall die"... How idyllic for the martyrdom that awaits at the end of the game. Of course, Awakening totally screws that up.

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360