AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-23, 12:59   Link #2901
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
VN-wise I'm really easy to "please"/to satisfy with as long as it's nothing gory or too dark-ish. That's why you find me mostly praising my current played VNs (despite my really crappy jp. skills). Whereas others might hate too corny and clisché settings, I love them if they make me go "Awww" .

Spoiler for Minor Suzukaze no Melt Ending Spoilers, Nazuna's Route:
Spoiler for About Nazuna's End:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
I played LoverAble randomly without expecting much and really liked it. Let's not kid ourselves, the plot isn't the strong part, but the characters are very appealing (especially Tsugumi and Kaho) and have their own interesting quirks. Great comedy too, especially with the tenchou. My main complaint is the suspect art for Chinatsu and Nanako. That's the problem when you use multiple artists.

I'm so happy that there's a FD coming out in January!! Kaho with twintails! KAHO WITH TWINTAILS!!!!!!!!
With a Tenshou like that it's not wonder Frutia gets that many unique customers. A scene I LOL'd really hard was the protagonist's "cooking torture" during the prologue. Yes, no use complaning about the plot since it was never meant to be a strong part of the game.

Kaho with twin tails does look great but, I would love to see her hair tied in a ponytail
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 12:02   Link #2902
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I finished one path of Diamic Days, but it left my a bit headscratching on what to think about it generally. The main is smart, but doesn't care about relationships/love. Then suddenly after the only choice-selector and events, *boom*
Spoiler for to be on the safe side:

It sounds normal, but the I had the impression that it happend in a real rapid pace in-game (like per day one progression step). And the main while mentioning that it's new for him as well, comes across as quite romantically-"skilled".

*drama: I found it good that the end drama was not focused on the couple which has - imho - been quite rare in VNs.
But, I LOVE Tokiha. Shy girl + low-volume voice + a slow speech rythm = win. Her VA did an excellent job for my taste.

Despite the maybe stronger ero-focus, I'm enjoying the more light-hearted VNs. Happy Factory was a welcome alternative (it's actually a very normal VN where nothing real grave happens) and Noble Works is very enjoyable with the drama level being quite balanced ie. nothing too dark-ish/heavy and not too light.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 16:36   Link #2903
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I finished one path of Diamic Days, but it left my a bit headscratching on what to think about it generally. The main is smart, but doesn't care about relationships/love. Then suddenly after the only choice-selector and events, *boom*
Spoiler for to be on the safe side:

It sounds normal, but the I had the impression that it happend in a real rapid pace in-game (like per day one progression step). And the main while mentioning that it's new for him as well, comes across as quite romantically-"skilled".
For some reason, I thought the MC is going to be just like the one in Hello Good-Bye, and of course Lump of Sugar does things that leaves people confused. But hey, the character designs are what're generally appealing in LoS VNs
Old 2011-09-28, 22:52   Link #2904
Zenken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Hah another joins the ranks of the followers of the Dies Irae franchise...I plan to play the full KKK with Soukou Akki Muramasa, should be epic.

fun fact about KKK though....The setting may be feudal Japan but the actual year is the far future in a post apocalyptic world after the main villian has destroyed it.

That's very similar to Dies Irae, well if I'm not mistaken KKK is from the same team that did DI, right?

BTW: Dies Irae is really awesome, I just read spoilers and with just that is enough to notice how good is LOL.
Zenken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 08:25   Link #2905
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenken View Post
That's very similar to Dies Irae, well if I'm not mistaken KKK is from the same team that did DI, right?

BTW: Dies Irae is really awesome, I just read spoilers and with just that is enough to notice how good is LOL.
It is a Dies Irae sequel
Old 2011-09-29, 11:06   Link #2906
Zenken

Quote:
It is a Dies Irae sequel

WHAT??!!, how is that?, I didn't know that, please tell me!!!
Now I'm more interested......
Old 2011-09-29, 12:33   Link #2907
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
WHAT??!!, how is that?, I didn't know that, please tell me!!!
Now I'm more interested......
Spoiler for Dies Irae ending:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-09-29 at 13:50. Reason: Added spoiler tags, just to be safe
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 20:55   Link #2908
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Anyway for those who have played Jingai Makyou....how does it compare to the Demonbane series?
Old 2011-09-29, 22:38   Link #2909
Zenken

Quote:
Spoiler for Dies Irae ending:

Now I understand

Spoiler for KKK:

And about Jingai Makyou... I really liked the game. The characters are cool, the music is great, and like Demonbane the story is full of mysteries. You can say that is a Nitroplus game without a doubt.

I hope this has helped you.
Old 2011-09-30, 00:08   Link #2910
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Now I understand

Spoiler for KKK:

And about Jingai Makyou... I really liked the game. The characters are cool, the music is great, and like Demonbane the story is full of mysteries. You can say that is a Nitroplus game without a doubt.

I hope this has helped you.
Yes it has....Love Nitro+ the most....2nd chapter of Soukou Akki Muramasa and I'm already getting the same blown away feeling that I'm getting from the Demonbane series...

The full KKK is out BTW....So far only Light rivals Nitro+ IMO

And you should really get Dies Irae. If from the spoilers alone you can tell how good it is, I can assure you then that the actual game is worth it...
Old 2011-09-30, 02:16   Link #2911
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

And a word of advice. If you are picking up Dies Irae, make sure the version you get is Acta Est Fabula. Which is the version with full content.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 06:52   Link #2912
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Or the (latest) version with Anna and Lotus on the cover...that or Acta Est Fabula is the full game, not the troll Also Sprach Zarathustra

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-09-30 at 10:48.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 11:34   Link #2913
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
For some reason, I thought the MC is going to be just like the one in Hello Good-Bye, and of course Lump of Sugar does things that leaves people confused. But hey, the character designs are what're generally appealing in LoS VNs
That's good to know. I usually pay no attention to which producer did which VN But seriously, the MC is too indifferent and/or clueless when it comes to love in Tokiha's route.
Edit 2: Okay, Tokiha's route = one of the fastest progressions ever ... But whatever, she's my favorite girl so far!

And I decided to play through Koyori's path of Hoshizora after reading on Micchi's blog the good parts of it.
Spoiler:
It's a shame that the endings of my two fav. characters were quite unappealing otherwise it would have been a nice lighthearted VN (I do not need heavy drama everywhere :3). I don't have many expections of Hoshizora no Memoria due to the afore-mentioned, but I'll see it sooner or later.

Last edited by Mahou; 2011-09-30 at 15:59. Reason: Spoiler tagged
Old 2011-09-30, 16:26   Link #2914
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
That's good to know. I usually pay no attention to which producer did which VN But seriously, the MC is too indifferent and/or clueless when it comes to love in Tokiha's route.
Definition of Donkan Protagonist
Quote:
This type of a protagonist is totally immune to romantic and sexual advances. He/she can't read the atmosphere at all. This protagonist may be a genius but still can't understand the feelings of anyone towards him/her until a clear confession is made. Even than he/she needs to ask for a confirmation about it and think for a while to understand what that means. The people who are in love with this protagonist can do everything to make him/her understand, from occasional kisses to even having sex under poor excuses (like transfering mana etc) but they have no chance to be understood, none at all.
Generally used for comedy (especially in cases of Muv-Luv) but there are some exceptions. You'll see these types of protagonists alot in typical VNs with exceptions of genius protagonists like in G-Senjou no Maou where they can predict the heroine's emotions. While in Tokiha's route, I was surprised he took this turn myself that it started to get strange for me.

The perfect example of this anime-wise is Ichika from Infinite Stratos
Old 2011-09-30, 22:44   Link #2915
Wrath88
Kissing...

Also Senou Natsuru from Kampfer.

Overall, I'm thinking Diamic Days might not be my type. I have yet to hit a H scene (Kotora), but it's only marginally interesting.

On the other hand... Majikoi S demo!!!
Old 2011-10-01, 02:13   Link #2916
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Diamic Days is basically just normal. It does not lean to an extreme comedic side like Iro ni Ide ni Keri waga koi wa (if that humor does suit one's taste) nor is it overly dramatic like the many other examples. This can be good and bad depending on how it will be played out and personal preferences.

Edit:
Spoiler for Tokiha ending:

@Donkan Prota: Diamic Day's MC plays that role inconsistently as he took the initiative on the route of his osananajimi; maybe only because she herself was just as clueless as he. But yeah, MuvLuv I tend to think "WTF!" when the MC goes "I always know how she felt about me, but I was afraid to ruin the current relationship with her." This phrase is okay when the MC did indeed realize it, but not when there has been no prior indications. I would also count Wind ~ A breath of change's MC to it.

@Majikoi S: I need to check the trial out sooner or later because I'm looking forward to the new Kuki girl .

Last edited by Mahou; 2011-10-01 at 15:05.
Old 2011-10-04, 23:58   Link #2917
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Those who prefer English and liked Sharin no Kuni and G-Senjou no Maou. Amaterasu Translations just finished the translation of the author's first VN (A Profile)
Old 2011-10-05, 08:07   Link #2918
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Mahou has been playing Hoshizora no Memoria for the last few days. And I was pleasantly surprised because it has proved to be a nice experience so far. I really love the OST for it as there are quite a few beautiful tracks for all the "suspense"/mystery or similar situations. The game has the strange habit to throw you in a loop-ish situation in the beginning as in scenes that were used the in-game day before in a nearly identical way. Besides that the main's interaction with Mea is cute and I'm rushing to play her route . After Kosame is done, only the mysterious girl route and finally Mea. I will skip the sis and the other girl for the time being.

So, there has also to be drawbacks right?
Spoiler for Asuho + Komomo's route:
Old 2011-10-07, 11:42   Link #2919
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Happoubi Jin's newest work finally appears!
From Omegastar,  美少女万華鏡 (Chapter 1 <-- Eh?).
http://www.omega-star.jp/biman/

Can't wait to see the HCGs!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 12:08   Link #2920
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

What's it about?

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel