3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-19, 19:06   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Geeze Asemu is quite literally between a rock and a hard place. Trying to play the middle man between his father and son is a rough spot. Sitting between "let's kill them all" Flit and "let's all play nice" Kio. Probably the only realist between them that realizes they have to fight, but killing the other side off is going too far. In the end the three generations of Asuno's are not even close to being on the same page right now. It's not going to be easy to end this if they can't even agree on anything.

Geeze Zeheart is making things complicated as usual. Gets the truth, but gets lured in by Ezelcant again there. One thing for that guy to be insane, another for Zeheart to buy his nonsense and go along with it. Will need someone to beat him and wake him up.

Let's hope that Legilis is a good runner. No offence to Zeheart, but if Asemu couldn't topple that thing then I really doubt he's going to beat that monster. Yeah Legilis probably has more firepower than AGE-2, but not like Zeheart's a super pilot . Hopefully he really struggles, but gets out in one piece.

This will be odd though. Is Asemu really supposed to face off against Zeheart going forward while he's piloting that unit? Bit of a mismatch against Dark Hound.
Old 2012-08-19, 20:27   Link #62
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Looking forward to Zera Gins, Greatest Vagan Pilot of All Time

Think he'll play UNDERSTANDING with Kio?
Old 2012-08-19, 20:34   Link #63
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Great episode, I loved the conflict with Flit, Kio, and Asem. Having young Flit's reflection in the window was a real nice touch.

And Sid, oh my lovely Sid, you only had like 1 minute of footage in this episode, but you'll the star next week! Can't wait!

9/10
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 20:35   Link #64
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
This war was started because a group of people were abandoned to die, then one of their leader's lost their son and decided to enact some Destiny-plan to weed out the weak. This wasn't because an Earth Battleship opened fire by accident on a Vagan Civilian ship with high ranking personal.
The problem I have with it right now is who the hell is he going to talk to? The Vagans have maybe 2 kind of sympathetic characters still alive right now in both Zeheart and Fram and both Asemu and Kio tried to talk to them and both were summarily rejected without even a second thought. Who does that leave Kio with? Zanald? Dean?

I suppose he can try Fram one more time if they meet since it seemed like she almost for half a second considered hearing him out and via that method gain Zeheart's ear, but it seems like a LOT is going to happen before that would even be possible. Zeheart and Fram are going to need a good reason to want to listen and Kio is going to have to choose his words far more carefully than he ever has before instead of just babbling.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 20:49   Link #65
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Great episode, I loved the conflict with Flit, Kio, and Asem. Having young Flit's reflection in the window was a real nice touch.

And Sid, oh my lovely Sid, you only had like 1 minute of footage in this episode, but you'll the star next week! Can't wait!

9/10
I did like the touch of the reflection and assume we'll see a young Asemu reflection during a moment more critical to his character.

Seeing young Flit does remind you how he ended up like this. Yurin died and he never moved on from that kid who said the Vagans weren't human and that humans couldn't do things like that. Really he had the luck of the only Vagan character he really interacted with was Decil (great example of humanity there) and the base leader who didn't care about sacrificing Yurin. That bleak look at the Vagans helped push him towards this extreme viewpoint.
Old 2012-08-19, 21:34   Link #66
SoranGTR
SIEG HARUHI!!!

Send a message via MSN to SoranGTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I did like the touch of the reflection and assume we'll see a young Asemu reflection during a moment more critical to his character.

Seeing young Flit does remind you how he ended up like this. Yurin died and he never moved on from that kid who said the Vagans weren't human and that humans couldn't do things like that. Really he had the luck of the only Vagan character he really interacted with was Decil (great example of humanity there) and the base leader who didn't care about sacrificing Yurin. That bleak look at the Vagans helped push him towards this extreme viewpoint.
I said in a previous thread that Flit has had 50 years to move on from Yurin's death.

It is clear i was wrong

50 years on, he is using their deaths to prosecute a war that has gone on for too long and to justify his ruthlessness.

Shooting a retreating enemy commander is fine by my books, he is armed and capable of fighting back, and u sure as hell dont want him coming back another day. Executing unarmed POWs on the other hand is best described as cold-blooded murder
Nothing shall stand between me and my destiny.
Amen
SoranGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 21:57   Link #67
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoranGTR View Post
I said in a previous thread that Flit has had 50 years to move on from Yurin's death.

It is clear i was wrong

50 years on, he is using their deaths to prosecute a war that has gone on for too long and to justify his ruthlessness.

Shooting a retreating enemy commander is fine by my books, he is armed and capable of fighting back, and u sure as hell dont want him coming back another day. Executing unarmed POWs on the other hand is best described as cold-blooded murder
In Flit's case, time does not heal his pain.

I think from Flit's point of view, Vagan's actions justify his ruthlessness - he doesn't use it to justify his lack of humanity towards them - it's more like they forced me to pull the trigger.

And shooting a retreating enemy is seriously illegal according to laws governing the conduct of war. More so for executing POWs without any means of self-defence.

EDIT:
Actually, realism isn't really of much priority in AGE. ><
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 21:59   Link #68
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Let's not forget that the whole "armed and capable of fighting back" bit no longer applied to Zeheart in the specific instance, as the Ghirarga had been wrecked beyond use in combat.
Old 2012-08-19, 22:48   Link #69
bio9205
Reborn

Regardless, I think it's simply that the Vagan took away too many people he cared about. And to top it off, Grodek and Woolf as well in the Asemu arc. While I may not agree with his kill-'em-all viewpoint, I can sympathize.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 23:03   Link #70
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Regardless, I think it's simply that the Vagan took away too many people he cared about. And to top it off, Grodek and Woolf as well in the Asemu arc. While I may not agree with his kill-'em-all viewpoint, I can sympathize.
Yeah, losing that many people you care about will obviously have a major effect on you. Flit is the representative of those people who have had their entire lives warped by this conflict. His earliest memories probably are of his mother getting killed. After that he's off building a Gundam, fighting in a war and then losing Yurin, followed by Grodek and Woolf, etc. Asemu had some pretty peaceful childhood years and Kio pretty much the same before the Vagan attack. In the end if they can't convince Flit to step back from the path he's on good luck convincing anyone who matters to stop fighting.
Old 2012-08-19, 23:32   Link #71
SoranGTR
SIEG HARUHI!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Let's not forget that the whole "armed and capable of fighting back" bit no longer applied to Zeheart in the specific instance, as the Ghirarga had been wrecked beyond use in combat.
When u are fighting in a ground war it is easier to see if the enemy can fight back (wounded, limbed blown off etc).

When u are piloting machines of war, it becomes harder. Flit could not see if the Ghirarga was completely disarmed and incapable of fighting back, so he decided to make sure

Out of the three, Flit is the one with has been the most affected by the war. Asemu and Kio at least had some semblance of normal family life. Flit from the moment his mother got killed was forced to grow up and devote himself to warfare.

No matter how much Kio wants to preach to him about how the Vegans are human etc, to Flit, in his mind they will always be the UE, the faceless and soulless monsters who killed his mother and destroyed Nora
Amen
Old 2012-08-19, 23:34   Link #72
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
When u are piloting machines of war, it becomes harder. Flit could not see if the Ghirarga was completely disarmed and incapable of fighting back, so he decided to make sure
Yeah no. Ghirarga had its limbs destroyed and had to be taken back by another machine. Flit could easily see that much and he wasn't going to let it happen anyway.
Old 2012-08-19, 23:36   Link #73
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

That's one way to slip Yurin in this late...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 23:38   Link #74
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Let's not forget that for Flit, it wasn't just about Yurin. Yurin was just the proverbial straw, but the war couldn't be just about her and Flit's made it clear that it's not just her that's influenced his viewpoints.
Old 2012-08-19, 23:43   Link #75
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah no. Ghirarga had its limbs destroyed and had to be taken back by another machine. Flit could easily see that much and he wasn't going to let it happen anyway.
Er no you? While MS are humanoids in shape they AREN'T humans - weapons can be mounted and operated without limbs, and not having limbs is not even a critical "injury" so to speak because MS AREN'T humans. Need I go down a list of MS mounted with chest, waist or head canons? Not to mention all Vagan suits have tail canons and with strange ones such as those dinosaur-like Danazin has freaking face beam swords, losing limbs is simply irrelevant here in absolutely determining that Ghirarga is incapable of fighting back and is unarmed.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 23:49   Link #76
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I recall that only one arm on the Ghirarga was destroyed, am I correct on this? That still leaves the other arm, which is a beam vuclan and saber, plus the chest cannon. If this were Gundam 00, that'd be more than enough to keep fighting. But maybe having a limb destroyed messes up the whole MS or something.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 23:51   Link #77
SoranGTR
SIEG HARUHI!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Er no you? While MS are humanoids in shape they AREN'T humans - weapons can be mounted and operated without limbs, and not having limbs is not even a critical "injury" so to speak because MS AREN'T humans. Need I go down a list of MS mounted with chest, waist or head canons? Not to mention all Vagan suits have tail canons and with strange ones such as those dinosaur-like Danazin has freaking face beam swords, losing limbs is simply irrelevant here in absolutely determining that Ghirarga is incapable of fighting back and is unarmed.
My point exactly. A human soldier can just toss his rifle one side and put his hands up

For a machine however, it is not so easy. How does one make sure a fighter plane is out of the fight? Jettison missiles? That doesnt quite work because he still has a cannon that can kill. The only way he is out of the fight is when he is either blown to bits or is going down in smoke
Amen
Old 2012-08-19, 23:55   Link #78
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

In just one post you've completely missed my point entirely.

Flit could easily see that the Ghirarga was crippled. Broken. Out of commission. Gone fuck'd up. It was, as we saw, to the point where it needed another mobile suit's help for propulsion. Easily not in any state to continue fighting, needing a retreat anyway if Seric's not-bluff wasn't used. Flit was not planning on shooting because the mobile suit still posed a threat to the immediate battle.

That's my point. Stop missing it.
Old 2012-08-20, 00:12   Link #79
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Spoiler:

If you're trying to tell me Flit can't see that, then you're trying to tell me he's blind. Even if he couldn't, both he and you are talking about shooting a retreating enemy in the back.

Quote:
The only way he is out of the fight is when he is either blown to bits or is going down in smoke
That's the same horrifically oversimplified, misinformed black-and-white mentality that makes people like Flit.
Old 2012-08-20, 00:21   Link #80
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Yeah no.
It doesn't matter if they still had functional weapons, they posed no threat to Flit or anyone else for that matter. He saw the Farsia had to drag the Girargha because at the very least its propulsion was out, he didn't care, he intended to shoot them in the back as they were helpless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, losing that many people you care about will obviously have a major effect on you. Flit is the representative of those people who have had their entire lives warped by this conflict. His earliest memories probably are of his mother getting killed. After that he's off building a Gundam, fighting in a war and then losing Yurin, followed by Grodek and Woolf, etc. Asemu had some pretty peaceful childhood years and Kio pretty much the same before the Vagan attack. In the end if they can't convince Flit to step back from the path he's on good luck convincing anyone who matters to stop fighting.
Flit lost Grodek because Grodek killed Gera Zoi in cold blood as revenge for his wife and daughter, and his son then took revenge on Grodek. Instead of using his death, tragic as it was, to fuel his hatred, he should've looked at the big picture, which is that revenge solves absolutely nothing. Someone needs to step up and say enough. Vagans took revenge because they were left to die and lost loved ones, so the Earthers fight back and take revenge for their losses and in the end nothing is solved. As Cagall said: "one kills because another is killed, then gets killed because he kills. How does that bring peace?"

Tags
weekly episode discussion