AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-02, 20:08   Link #6001
Sumeragi
Banned

Except for the last panel, they were singing Yuki no Shingun.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 22:24   Link #6002
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Compiling tournament "kills" for Ooarai's tanks including the manga Anzio battle:
Spoiler for Kill list by tank:

-------------------------------------------------
And how Ooarai's tanks were lost in the four battles:

Spoiler for eh?:

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-04-02 at 22:47.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 23:01   Link #6003
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Thanks for the figures. Yeah, it does show that the Ooarai relied HEAVILY on the Stug III and the PzIV for their encounters. Not surprising, as they had the reliable 75mm guns. Okay, the Lee also has a 75mm, but given how it's positioned on the side sponson, its utility is relatively diminished.

I had to chuckle at the B1 bis' role amounting to "mobile cover".
Old 2013-04-02, 23:02   Link #6004
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Those were the only two tanks to take out the enemy flag tanks. Two each.
Old 2013-04-02, 23:14   Link #6005
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Thanks for the figures. Yeah, it does show that the Ooarai relied HEAVILY on the Stug III and the PzIV for their encounters. Not surprising, as they had the reliable 75mm guns. Okay, the Lee also has a 75mm, but given how it's positioned on the side sponson, its utility is relatively diminished.

I had to chuckle at the B1 bis' role amounting to "mobile cover".
The Lee's 75mm was also useful for blocking off earlier Panzer III and IVs attempting to flank around by hitting their broadside when they exposed their broadside while making the attempt, thus forcing them to face enemies head on, giving them time to close distance, or make themselves more vulnerable targets.

But yeah, the Sherman quickly came into service as well as the upgraded Panzer IV, Tiger, and Panther and the Lee was quickly pulled back (more of a stopgap measure than a main tank).
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 00:35   Link #6006
arkhangelsk

Quote:
It also didn't help that the M3's 75mm M2 is really an infantry rather than antitank gun. Even if they had got some hits on the T-34s, between the T-34's slope and the limited penetration chances are it would have bounced (heck, they ruled that the 75mm L/43 didn't penetrate a T-34/76's side, probably due to the slope).

Their best chance (other than the Anzio fight which seems to be so different in the anime the manga might as well be relegated to being a figment of Akiyama's imagination - would like an OVA on them) was to kill some things in the Saunders fight, but the cruel, cruel author won't even allocate them the other M4 (it could probably have been killed without really altering the plot). The cruel rules of hierarchy and labeling in anime

At least History Team was finally blown away and our bunnies were finally allocated something in the finals.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 01:02   Link #6007
jmc247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I wish I could read that.

Anyway what do the three of them say in the last panel?
jmc247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 02:52   Link #6008
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

There's a certain irony for the finals: Rabbit Team, the weakest of all Oarai's teams, were instrumental in taking down the Elefant and the JagdTiger.

Had they been simply abandoned in the river, Oarai's position vs Black Forest would have been worse, and they might not have been able to take out those two heavy TDs. And if Erika had those two heavy TDs with her, they'd have made short work of the Tiger(P), allowing Erika to steamroller Miho, instead of that one-on-one duel with Maho.

Unless Maho orders Erika to stay back, but say what you will about KMM and Maho, she does have that pragmatic streak in her.

As for comparing Rabbit at the river and the last stands of Oarai's tankers, it's the difference between being abandoned by the team out of a sense/impression of uselessness, and voluntarily taking one for the team.

Hmmm. I haven't rewatched a final episode so much apart from Gurren Lagann, Macross Frontier, and Shinkenger.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 10:22   Link #6009
John117xCortana

Why did they censor the 's' in the word spam in the 2nd OVA episode?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 10:33   Link #6010
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Why did they censor the 's' in the word spam in the 2nd OVA episode?
Trademarks seems to be the prevalent guess.

It's like how Lucky Star would have them talking about "G*ndam" all the time.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 10:39   Link #6011
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Compiling tournament "kills" for Ooarai's tanks including the manga Anzio battle:
Wow, great job! Thanks!
Old 2013-04-03, 10:44   Link #6012
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
I wish I could read that.

Anyway what do the three of them say in the last panel?
They were practicing dance steps along with the song, and Yukari was asking Miho if they were doing a good job.

Miho's reaction was more or less "I have no comment..."

- - - - -

Yukari "What do you think Miho? The dance Erwin and I came up!?"

Erwin "Yep, we thought of it last night! How was it?"

Miho "Eh, what ... do you want me to say... I mean... eh..."

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 10:47   Link #6013
Marina2

@Wild Goose

True, JagdTiger 128mm cannon can pen Tiger (P) armor from the front, and one shot it. Rabbit team action gave Miho more time in her duel with her sister. Elefant and JagdTiger are also two best Blackforest's tanks beside MAUS and TigerII. Great work there, Rabbit team!

By the way, some questions/thoughts about ep.12

- Why didn't Miho include Tiger 2 in her danger tanks list?. Doesn't it share the same cannon as Elefant?

- Can M3 Lee's main cannon pen. the rear of JagdTiger if it fire at the "gate" ?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

- Aftermatch, Rabbit team said they want to be a heavy tank killer. Which tank should they use? I think they should find M10 tank destroyer or M26 Pershing. OR.....maybe they can just keep their M3 and "Kelly Heroes" everything.
Old 2013-04-03, 10:49   Link #6014
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Well going to read Little Army soon. I'm going to read the english translation obviously.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 11:12   Link #6015
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
- Aftermatch, Rabbit team said they want to be a heavy tank killer. Which tank should they use? I think they should find M10 tank destroyer or M26 Pershing.
The problem with the M10 Wolverine is that it's open-topped, which means it's out of the question. As for the M26 Pershing, not an expert on US tanks, but I THINK it only has a 5-man crew.
Old 2013-04-03, 11:21   Link #6016
Tak

Quote:
The problem with the M10 Wolverine is that it's open-topped, which means it's out of the question. As for the M26 Pershing, not an expert on US tanks, but I THINK it only has a 5-man crew.
Near the end of the show, I think open topped is no longer an issue. The duel between Miho and Maho was fought with both commanders exposing themselves in the heat of battle.

The M26 P indeed has a crew of five. What is interesting, Saunders have a lot more tanks than they fielded in their competition against Oorai. But they chose to bring the more standard models as opposed to the more exotic ones in their possession.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-04-03, 11:25   Link #6017
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Near the end of the show, I think open topped is no longer an issue. The duel between Miho and Maho was fought with both commanders exposing themselves in the heat of battle.

The M26 P indeed has a crew of five. What is interesting, Saunders have a lot more tanks than they fielded in their competition against Oorai. But they chose to bring the more standard models as opposed to the more exotic ones in their possession.

- Tak
Magic invisible carbon! Or what people were saying earlier about the shells being deflected upon contact with a human. Then again I remember in episode 3/4 people were telling Miho to get back into the tank cause it was dangerous to be outside.

/nerfmagiccarbonlining
Old 2013-04-03, 11:26   Link #6018
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Magic invisible carbon! Or what people were saying earlier about the shells being deflected upon contact with a human. Then again I remember in episode 3/4 people were telling Miho to get back into the tank cause it was dangerous to be outside.

/nerfmagiccarbonlining
Dood, you wish we had that in WoT!!

- Tak

Old 2013-04-03, 11:29   Link #6019
Marina2

Quote:
Oh, I completly forgot about M10 open-topped turret.....

In fact, no tank after M3 Lee in WW2 uses 6 crews. (or there was???). If they want to change their tank, one of them must go. However, there are alternate ways....

- Out of 6 members, decide who will be the 5 crews in each match. For example: They can switch their gunners in each match. Ayumi will be the gunner in one match and Aya will be the gunner in another match. Person who are free can also go to help another tank that lack of crews.

- Find 2 more members and divide the team into 2 teams (2 tanks). Each has 4 crews.

- Just put in 6 crews even though tank designed for 5 crews.

- Keep using M3 Lee.
Old 2013-04-03, 11:31   Link #6020
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
- Can M3 Lee's main cannon pen. the rear of JagdTiger if it fire at the "gate" ?
That "gate" is were the ammo was loaded. It's thin, so just about any moderately sized gun could penetrate it.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks