AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2003-12-30, 14:58   Link #1
Adamjt

Talking This Site Rules!

i just resently found this site and i have been looking for a place like this for a long time and i'm just so happy and Greatful to all the people who do all the hard work of Fan Subing all the anime's, and i know i speak for all the others when i say
Thank You! So much for everything you do, we really apreciate it.
Adamjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-30, 15:05   Link #2
Thany
Unfair

Well just look at everybody on the forum : it must rules since there's so many people
And... I'm here! (no don't hit me )
Old 2003-12-30, 15:12   Link #3
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Site rules? They can be found at the top of each sub-forum
... sorry bad joke

Anyway, it was a toss-up as to whether I should move this to "Forum & Site Feedback" or "FanSub Groups".... still not sure which. We'll go for feedback for now...

I'm sure the fansub groups are as grateful for your appreciation, as are the staff here at AnimeSuki ... Thanks for the nice comment and I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-30, 20:38   Link #4
Adamjt

Talking this is the best site ever

sorry about not putting this in the right place, i could think of where to put it and General seemed right. But anyway this site has so much stuff! i dont know where to start! SO much Anime Hmm i think i need to change my pants.... well anywho thanks agian for everything
Old 2003-12-31, 02:15   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

If you don't know where to start, then start downloading Princess Tutu. Actually we've got a whole sub-forum called Suggestions where people will try to help you figure out what anime to download next. There are a lot of people of are very devoted to helping you figure that out. Seriously though, try Princess Tutu. Don't be put off by the name!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 02:26   Link #6
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
If you don't know where to start, then start downloading Princess Tutu. Actually we've got a whole sub-forum called Suggestions where people will try to help you figure out what anime to download next. There are a lot of people of are very devoted to helping you figure that out. Seriously though, try Princess Tutu. Don't be put off by the name!
I think he should build up his resistance to crappy anime by watching Sister Princess Repure first! After watching that, not only will he think that everything looks good in comparison, but he'll also like just about every anime out there!
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 03:05   Link #7
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
NoSanninWa is right, Princess Tutu is a very good choice, I personally enjoyed it
Old 2003-12-31, 20:55   Link #8
Adamjt

Talking Princess TUTU?

well yes that name really sounds kind of girly. Princess Tutu? yikes but i'll try it since alot of people say it's good.
But back to the reason i'm here, this site kicks ass! and i have a few questions. 1)how many animes are on this site? 2) when did this great site start?

P.S i cant thank you guys Enough for all this work you do at putting all these great animes in one place, and that they actually work. Thanks!
Old 2004-01-01, 02:24   Link #9
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamjt
i have a few questions. 1)how many animes are on this site? 2) when did this great site start?
Answers
1) If you really, really, really need to know, then count them yourself Click on each link on the Series page and add them up.
2) It's now about a year.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 02:36   Link #10
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
2) when did this great site start?
It's now slightly over a year old. The "site" started out by posting torrent releases in one
torrent release thread on a somewhat anime unrelated site - The Emulator Zone.
That list grew to big after a time, so on 2nd Christmas Day/St. Stevens Day/Boxing Day 2002
I wrote a few scrips to put the list on a domain I already owned but did not yet use:
animesuki.com

It took a few days for the site to gain some hits, but after that visitor counts exploded,
with a couple of thousand more visits (see Nedstat icon on site) per day every week.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 21:15   Link #11
Adamjt

best site ever!

well the site a little over a year old huh? neat, so i didnt miss to much. well you certainly did a exellent job on this site. And i think i will go and count how many anime's are on this site, i'll be back!
Old 2004-01-01, 21:32   Link #12
Adamjt

Talking Done! MWA HA HA!

well that took me about 15 minutes to count all that. and theres "195 animes", give or take a few.

P.S i love this site!
Old 2004-01-01, 23:14   Link #13
eLstar
(^_^)v

Join the Club my friend.

eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-02, 01:27   Link #14
Tboz

Its only 1 years old? Then why do I see members that joined as early as 2001?

Btw, I agree, this site is cool. The forum has quite alot of active discussions and participations.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-02, 01:33   Link #15
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Its only 1 years old? Then why do I see members that joined as early as 2001?
It started as a sub-forum of GHDPro's original forum, Emulator-Zone. Because he had an interest in anime as well as emulators he started an anime BitTorrent site. Eventually the anime sub-forums were getting enough traffic to deserve their own forum. (Especially since the otaku were annoying the emulator fans.) I won't discuss the troubled history of Emulator Zone since then, but when AnimeSuki forum was created GHDPro copied over the whole message database as well as the user database. All of the people who registered for Emulator Zone are still registered in this forum to this very day even though some of them wouldn't know anime if Chiyo-chan was tattooed on their foreheads.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-01-02 at 02:10.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-02, 02:08   Link #16
Tboz

I see... that's abit of history of Animesuki for everyone. Thanks.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-02, 13:18   Link #17
Adamjt

Talking WOO HOO History!

Hmm started as a forum huh? cool. okay i have more questions. 1) appox how much time does it take to sub one anime episode? if it is lets say 24 minutes long? 2) how do you sub an anime episode? yes i know i'm stupid, and the answer to the second Question is probably simple but just thought i'd ask

P.S This site is the best, thank you!
Old 2004-01-02, 18:50   Link #18
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
1) appox how much time does it take to sub one anime episode? if it is lets say 24 minutes long?
Just give me a raw and I can sub an episode in about 20 minutes. I can't guarantee quality, accuracy, or legibility though.
Old 2004-01-02, 19:45   Link #19
Megane
Sleepy Head

Send a message via AIM to Megane Send a message via MSN to Megane
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Just give me a raw and I can sub an episode in about 20 minutes. I can't guarantee quality, accuracy, or legibility though.
A 24 minute episode subbed in 20 minutes? Wow, you are good.
Megane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-02, 21:10   Link #20
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Yeah, but you know, I don't give a damn about those things called "Timing" and "Quality". I like to put all of my subtitles in a giant blob right in the beginning. Also, I don't know much Japanese->English, so I have to do the translations in Jellyfish first, which, as you may know, is not well known throughout the world for its clarity.