Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-04-25, 23:36   Link #221
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
I do love Franky's warm-ups Also nice act of self-sacrifice he does, although it turns out for naught.
Franky's backward-ass'ed horse technique was much more impressive. Hopefully, he has more of them tricks up his sleeve for future episodes.

Oh, and, Happy B-day to Tommy!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 00:55   Link #222
Chuixupu
Shikachu

It wasn't what move he did that was the point, it was the fact that he gave up his own freedom just because he was impressed by their loyalty to one another and wanted to see the crew back together.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 16:09   Link #223
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Franky's backward-ass'ed horse technique was much more impressive. Hopefully, he has more of them tricks up his sleeve for future episodes.

Oh, and, Happy B-day to Tommy!

Thanks!
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 18:51   Link #224
marvelB

Yeah, I also liked how Franky "sacraficed" himself to help the crew. But it's just too bad that Blueno's ability made that selfless act of heroism pointless...

But another upcoming Franky scene that I rather enjoyed in the manga was:

Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 18:58   Link #225
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that too. That should be in the next couple of episodes.
BTW, I don't know if it's been mentioned here or not, but there will be a new opening for episode 265 on May 21, and also a new ending. The new opening will be called "A Brand New World" performed by D-51 and the ending will be called "Adventure World" by Delicatessen.
Old 2006-04-26, 20:08   Link #226
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
It wasn't what move he did that was the point, it was the fact that he gave up his own freedom just because he was impressed by their loyalty to one another and wanted to see the crew back together.
True, but the self-sacrificing bit is nothing new in OP. Not when Usopp is in the vicinity. He swallowed his pride and hiding behind a mask to rescue Robin after all. Okay, that was an unfair comparison right there but I know you won't say anything against Usopp to prove a point.
Old 2006-04-26, 22:29   Link #227
Dual247

Quote:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to that too. That should be in the next couple of episodes.
BTW, I don't know if it's been mentioned here or not, but there will be a new opening for episode 265 on May 21, and also a new ending. The new opening will be called "A Brand New World" performed by D-51 and the ending will be called "Adventure World" by Delicatessen.
that's great to know. i always look forward to new OP and ED. though i really enjoyed the current OP a lot. hopefully the next ones rocked
Dual247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 23:32   Link #228
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
True, but the self-sacrificing bit is nothing new in OP. Not when Usopp is in the vicinity. He swallowed his pride and hiding behind a mask to rescue Robin after all. Okay, that was an unfair comparison right there but I know you won't say anything against Usopp to prove a point.
Of course it's not new...but Franky is new, and previously their enemy. It's nice to see the guy that caused so much trouble going out of his way to help them. You EXPECT the strawhats to risk their lives for one another, not an outsider. Hence I think Franky is on his way to becoming nakama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual247
that's great to know. i always look forward to new OP and ED. though i really enjoyed the current OP a lot. hopefully the next ones rocked
I hope so too. I'm a little concerned upon hearing that D-51 are sort of a pop-hip-hop type of group. -_- Not my cup of tea. Kokoro No Chizu is my favorite opening, musically it'll be hard to top.
Old 2006-05-01, 19:35   Link #229
marvelB

Well, I just finished watching 263. My comments:

Spoiler:

Geez, I just wish that we didn't have to wait another 3 weeks for the next episode, though. But I guess it'll be worth it if it'll have both a new opening AND ending....

Edit: Oh, and there's another thing I noticed:

Spoiler:

Last edited by marvelB; 2006-05-01 at 20:51.
Old 2006-05-02, 01:41   Link #230
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Excellent episode that had well balanced pace. I really liked the expression Sanji had on his face when Luffy-gang finally caught up to him and Sogeking in that desolated train compartment. It was a look of pure rage and disgust.

He looks so dangerous! I thought he was going to kick Luffy's ass as soon as he board the train but the episode doesn't even bring him up in the remaining minutes of the show or what he will say to Luffy. Wonder what a motivated Sanji will cook up when they meet next time though it's difficult to imagine how he will get any stronger. Get a better pair of shoes probably???
Old 2006-05-02, 01:58   Link #231
marvelB

..eh? Why would Sanji beat up Luffy? It's CP9 that he's pissed at, not his captain....

..And besides, Rocketman is currently slightly off-course because of Yokozuna (the big frog). The Franky Family is on the right track, though....

..But still, aren't you more interested in the 3 "mysterious" guys that Spandam's talking to in the preview? I know I am!
Old 2006-05-02, 02:02   Link #232
Tsukishirou

Meh, the "3 mysterious guys" weren´t so great, it´s all about Califa and Lucci XD.

BTW I hope the new OP is kinda like the 3rd OP from Hikaru no Go, or something up-beat if the theme is going to be Enies Lobby.
Tsukishirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 02:17   Link #233
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I thought Blueno's door sounded like a fart. XD

It was a cool episode, though. Huge contrast to sucky 262. Nice animation, nice direction. And despite some animation errors in Enies Lobby, that was a very cool intro, especially using the Movie 7 music track.

Quote:
I thought he was going to kick Luffy's ass as soon as he board the train but the episode doesn't even bring him up in the remaining minutes of the show or what he will say to Luffy.
Remember that the Franky Family was separated from the train...it was only they that Franky saw, they haven't caught up to Luffy yet.

Man, now we have to wait Next episode, new intro, ending, new location, and HOPEFULLY that will be the last of the breaks. Fortunately the manga is finally looking like it's going to wrap up the current situation soon.
Old 2006-05-02, 11:13   Link #234
Tsukishirou

Aren´t they going to take all the weeks from the World Cup? I know there wasn´t any One Piece during the Olympics.
Tsukishirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 15:33   Link #235
chucky
Always impatient

Quote:
Fortunately the manga is finally looking like it's going to wrap up
the current situation soon.
Nothing more than a wishful thinking. Looks like it will need the whole summer to finish that arc....
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 20:47   Link #236
Chuixupu
Shikachu

That wouldn't surprise me, I just mean at least we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. since you know who and you know who are finally...you know.... XD (probably not with the way I typed that)
Old 2006-05-02, 22:17   Link #237
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
..eh? Why would Sanji beat up Luffy? It's CP9 that he's pissed at, not his captain....
But his captain wasn't there when the CP9 walked all over Sanji while Robin had to walk away with the enemy to save his hide. We all know how particular Sanji is when a damsel is in distress. I'm assuming that he is in one of those state of mind where a futile heroine tries all her best but couldn't do anything to protect her interest, so when she sees the hero who wasn't there at that moment, she flies off to his chest, all wet in the eyes and pounds with her fist in futility on the hero's chest. Sanji's state of mind seems to be similar from the expression I've posted in my preivous post, full of rage and edgy. He is ready to explode. Since his personality won't allow him to cry on Luffy's chest, he would just kick Luffy's ass to relieve some of that pent up frustration and for his own futility. Just making assumptions.

Quote:
But still, aren't you more interested in the 3 "mysterious" guys that Spandam's talking to in the preview? I know I am!
Of course you are! You are horribly spoiled after all. I'm more interested in how Luffy, Sanji, Zoro will get ready for a second face off. They are so pathetically weak compared to the CP9 at the moment. Also eagerly anticipating for the moment of Luffy and Usopp reunion.

Quote:
Remember that the Franky Family was separated from the train...it was only they that Franky saw, they haven't caught up to Luffy yet.
That would explain why Luffy was just sitting there on the roof of the train with an unperturbed look on his face, soaking in the rain. Damn that frog! It just delayed the inevitable reunion between Usopp and Luffy.

P.S. Chucky's new avy is better than the panda-shagging one! I think I've seen this old man somewhere.
Old 2006-05-03, 00:16   Link #238
marvelB

Quote:
But his captain wasn't there when the CP9 walked all over Sanji while Robin had to walk away with the enemy to save his hide. We all know how particular Sanji is when a damsel is in distress.

Well, while we do indeed know how Sanji is towards the ladies, I don't really see it leading him to him taking out his anger on Luffy now, especially when he knows the full seriousness of the current situation. Would it be wise to attack his captain when the government intends to use Robin to awaken an ancient weapon that has the potential to destroy the world? Would it also be wise for him to lash out on Luffy when he knows that a secret government organization has the power to summon the Buster Call, a powerful military force that's capable of destroying an entire island (something that the crew WILL have to face sooner or later)? No, Sanji's not stupid enough to do that (in fact, he's one of the most level-headed people in the crew!). Again, if there's anyone Sanji needs ot unleash his fury on, it's those CP9 bastards. Though, I'm actually pretty sure that Luffy is a lot more pissed at them than Sanji is.....

Quote:
Of course you are! You are horribly spoiled after all.

Meh, the manga came first and I prefer it over the anime anyway, so I don't really consider it spoiling myself. But to each their own, I suppose. Don't worry, I won't spoil anything for the anime-watchers.
Old 2006-05-03, 02:27   Link #239
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
But his captain wasn't there when the CP9 walked all over Sanji while Robin had to walk away with the enemy to save his hide.
But he knows that Luffy is trying to get there as fast as he can...it's not his fault he's not there. Don't forget the conversation he had with him on the Den-Den Mushi where he told him to do whatever he can despite Zoro's concern. As angry as Sanji is about losing Robin to CP9, I can't imagine him displacing his anger to Luffy, especially when he knows how intent he is on getting her back.
Old 2006-05-03, 21:26   Link #240
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Well, while we do indeed know how Sanji is towards the ladies, I don't really see it leading him to him taking out his anger on Luffy now, especially when he knows the full seriousness of the current situation. Would it be wise to attack his captain when the government intends to use Robin to awaken an ancient weapon that has the potential to destroy the world? Would it also be wise for him to lash out on Luffy when he knows that a secret government organization has the power to summon the Buster Call, a powerful military force that's capable of destroying an entire island (something that the crew WILL have to face sooner or later)? No, Sanji's not stupid enough to do that (in fact, he's one of the most level-headed people in the crew!). Again, if there's anyone Sanji needs ot unleash his fury on, it's those CP9 bastards. Though, I'm actually pretty sure that Luffy is a lot more pissed at them than Sanji is.....
Quote:
But he knows that Luffy is trying to get there as fast as he can...it's not his fault he's not there. Don't forget the conversation he had with him on the Den-Den Mushi where he told him to do whatever he can despite Zoro's concern. As angry as Sanji is about losing Robin to CP9, I can't imagine him displacing his anger to Luffy, especially when he knows how intent he is on getting her back.
Those are all fine points but think of Sanji's moment shown in that picture with a bit of psychology.. At that moment in time I thought his emotion would override his rationale and I was salivating at the prospect of seeing how he would react when he would meet Luffy. Unfortunately, they didn't meet thanks to that bloody frog, so we would never truly know how Sanji would have reacted at that particular moment. Of course, now he will get all the time to cool down and his rationale most likely would prevail. I also agree that Sanji is the coolest customer in the Luffy-gang which is why I was hoping/speculating he will snap.