AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-07-17, 01:06   Link #2141
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Although I've heard that women of that age group have a certain charm that younger ladies don't.
Yeah, like sagging, eh, nevermind...

Asca-san, you wouldn't say that if you saw my sister at 16. Trust me, more than a few guys want to make me their best buddy after seeing my sister.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 01:10   Link #2142
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Yeah, like sagging, eh, nevermind...

Asca-san, you wouldn't say that if you saw my sister at 16. Trust me, more than a few guys want to make me their best buddy after seeing my sister.
Must be tough for you, eh?

Too bad I'm not born in the right time period.....ah well, no use dwelling on the past.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 01:24   Link #2143
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@Panzer Bandit and Ascaloth: that actually was the meat of my "theory" (crazy theories should always have a smidge of Truth)

1) Shiraishi was paying enough attention to notice her hankie fall and then he called her by "Kagami"
2) He defended her, unlike any other, and got totally righteous during his tirade.
3) He was practicing with that guy... notice how later he's behind the girls with another group sitting all red-faced like he's screwing up the courage. Of course, he never quite gets the chance.

Clearly he has the hots for Kagami. Whether it ever comes to pass will likely be left a mystery for doujin
Old 2007-07-17, 01:27   Link #2144
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Clearly he has the hots for Kagami. Whether it ever comes to pass will likely be left a mystery for doujin
Too bad said doujin are probably more interested in the "KonaXKaga" angle than the "ShiXKaga" angle.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 01:35   Link #2145
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
@Panzer Bandit and Ascaloth: that actually was the meat of my "theory" (crazy theories should always have a smidge of Truth)

1) Shiraishi was paying enough attention to notice her hankie fall and then he called her by "Kagami"
2) He defended her, unlike any other, and got totally righteous during his tirade.
3) He was practicing with that guy... notice how later he's behind the girls with another group sitting all red-faced like he's screwing up the courage. Of course, he never quite gets the chance.

It IS practice.. in EP13 14:39, both the big dude and Shiraishi was saying this both their "first time". It was a practice run. At 14:48, Shiraishi is sitting their red-faced with his Red-haired buddy, looking just like Vexx-dono described. And moments later, Kagami said everyone's V-day was boring! Oh the beautiful irony! Only CLOSE friends gets to call each other by given name... ESPECIALLY for boys calling girls. GOOD FURENDO. How good? How close? They're not even the same class?!

*of course what happened between Shiraishi and the Red-hair dude can be interpreted in a completely different way by the Pro-Yaoi Camp.*

Also something curious.. in EP13 13:35, there this boy behind Kona which looked very similar to the faceless boy Kona was imagining Kagami with. Hmmm....

Boy this anime is hide a lot of delicious secrets....
Old 2007-07-17, 01:56   Link #2146
robertness

Quote:

Shiraishi retrieving Kagami's handkerchief reminds me of Victorian Era romances where girls would purposefully drop their hankies in the path of intended beaus. Could it be?...
No. Doing something like that would be totally out of character for Kagami. Most likely she dropped it while being aggravated by Kona-chan.
robertness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 03:34   Link #2147
Panzer Bandit
Serfectly Pober

Quote:

Phew, I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking about this theory. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. If this theory ends up being reality, I'm REALLY interested at how they'll play it out.

I'll be on the lookout for more clues.
Panzer Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 12:51   Link #2148
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer Bandit View Post
...I'll be on the lookout for more clues.
I know this doesn't exactly count, but in her blog report on the handshake session last weekend, Katou Emiri (Kagamin's seiyuu) specifically mentioned Shiraishi, laughing about some comic instruction they received from him. Shall we extend these theories into the real world?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-07-17 at 13:11.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 12:55   Link #2149
Panzer Bandit
Serfectly Pober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I know this doesn't exactly count, but in her blog report on the handshake session last weekend, Katou Emiri (Kagamin's seiyuu) specifically mentioned Shiraishi, laughing about some comic instruction they received from him. Shall we extend your theories into the real world?
Oh snap!

Hehe, although I wouldn't read too much into it, that would be kind of cute if it did happen.
Panzer Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 13:19   Link #2150
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
I know this doesn't exactly count, but in her blog report on the handshake session last weekend, Katou Emiri (Kagamin's seiyuu) specifically mentioned Shiraishi, laughing about some comic instruction they received from him. Shall we extend these theories into the real world?
This is Shiraishi, right?

I don't know from the blog if he's JUST talking to her though... He's supposed to be in a seiyuu drama troop, isn't he? Perhaps he just trying to teach them a few tricks about live sketch comedy. There maybe something there neh... he's the kind of funny and open (to girls) guy a lot of girls dig in Japan...
Old 2007-07-17, 13:50   Link #2151
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
This is Shiraishi, right?.... I don't know from the blog if he's JUST talking to her though... He's supposed to be in a seiyuu drama troop, isn't he? Perhaps he just trying to teach them a few tricks about live sketch comedy. There maybe something there neh... he's the kind of funny and open (to girls) guy a lot of girls dig in Japan...
Yes, that's Shiraishi. I felt as if I wasn't understanding the Japanese in her blog perfectly, but what I got was that he was giving the whole group amusing pointers. What I noted was that Katou-san was the one who referred to him in such a nice way.

And looking at the photo again, I'm going to imagine that she's looking at him and cracking up.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-07-17, 14:05   Link #2152
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Yes, that's Shiraishi. I felt as if I wasn't understanding the Japanese in her blog perfectly, but what I got was that he was giving the whole group amusing pointers. What I noted was that Katou-san was the one who referred to him in such a nice way.

And looking at the photo again, I'm going to imagine that she's looking at him and cracking up.
Don't blame yourself... you're just not a gamer (I'm not either so I have to look it up). モンハン in her blog refer to the best selling PSP game of 2007, Monster Hunter Portable 2nd. MonHan is short for Monster Hunter. It just sounded so familiar since I have gamer friends (some really CRAZY gamer friends) so I asked around. Shiraishi was teaching the girls (OR MAYBE JUST HER!) how to play a PSP game. Yes even Seiyuu idol plays games in Japan. It's really cool that Emiri-chan owns a PSP.
Old 2007-07-17, 15:58   Link #2153
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Minoru just comes across as the kind of guy you'd love to go have a drink with and goof around, karaoke --- be you guy or girl.

If its a constructed persona, he's done an absolutely stellar job of it - but I'll assume its real

It must be heaven and hell to be surrounded with such cute professional comrades (actually I did have an experience with that ... lead engineer of three femme engineers who were all insanely cute and great to goof around with, but it was probably for the best I was already attached).
Old 2007-07-17, 16:30   Link #2154
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

For the pairing i suggest the following:

Konata will marry Kagami
she'll have an affair with Tsukassa, just a one night stand
but then she'll have a long affair with Miyuki

hum...?
Yogo_Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 16:42   Link #2155
Xiaolang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogo_Pogo View Post
For the pairing i suggest the following:

Konata will marry Kagami
she'll have an affair with Tsukassa, just a one night stand
but then she'll have a long affair with Miyuki

hum...?
Hmm... sounds like a shoujo manga. Caught the NANA bug too eh? XD

(kidding... joudan da yo...)
Xiaolang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 17:38   Link #2156
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolang View Post

More like a Yuri doujin... one I won't mind reading. Only thing I would change would be Kona marries Tsukasa, has long term affair with Kagami, and one-night stands with Miyuki, who's in a triangle relationship with Yukata and Minami. Shiraishi acts as Kagami's fake husband (to hide her yuri self) at day, whipping toy a night. Ah, what a wonderful world.
Old 2007-07-17, 22:32   Link #2157
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
More like a Yuri doujin... one I won't mind reading. Only thing I would change would be Kona marries Tsukasa, has long term affair with Kagami, and one-night stands with Miyuki, who's in a triangle relationship with Yukata and Minami. Shiraishi acts as Kagami's fake husband (to hide her yuri self) at day, whipping toy a night. Ah, what a wonderful world.
...you scare me.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 10:37   Link #2158
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolang

I like NANA. Relationships sure are complicated in that one...

Let's make/write that doujin/fanFic shall we!

AVPlaya i kind of like your idea. Sometimes you just marry the perfect girl.
She cooks well, is cute and is kind of calm. So Tsukasa is the perfect choice for the wife. About Kagami, she's certainly the kind of girl who gets attention because of the way she acts. She's the type to hide things, like her love for Konata. She'll marry Shiraishi. They met at an hospital after Akira(is that the name of that lucky chanel bipolar?) nearly killed him for being more popular and such. I think i'm too into this for my own good...

About the anime...
I wonder if it's just me or sometimes Kona-chan just ignores Tsukasa?

Last edited by Yogo_Pogo; 2007-07-18 at 10:41. Reason: 1 + 1 = 3
Yogo_Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 01:44   Link #2159
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogo_Pogo View Post
They met at an hospital after Akira(is that the name of that lucky chanel bipolar?) nearly killed him for being more popular and such. I think i'm too into this for my own good...

About the anime...
I wonder if it's just me or sometimes Kona-chan just ignores Tsukasa?
Yes her name is Akira, but you better call her Akira-SAMA.

I think Kona-chan treats Tsukasa like family, meaning she's so used to her being there she sometimes just forgot her. She like to mess with Kagami, but in various episodes Kona is most relaxed with Tsukasa. Plus she often cry to Tsukasa when she can't get what she wanted. I actually think that in many ways Kona is closer to Tsukasa than Kagami. But Kagami is her one true love~~

Okay I just read my first full fledged Comiket quality L*S doujinshi (quite by accident, seriously). Yes, the 18-kin type. Did not like it at all, but the only good thing that comes from it is Shiraishi x Kagami. See everyone's picking up that vibe.
Old 2007-07-19, 19:22   Link #2160
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I see from this page, posted yesterday, that Kasukabe Kyoei HS lost its first match of the summer baseball tournament for the first time in 20 years. I think the article says that Kyoei was the Saitama rep in the national tournament in 2005, and its opponent was one of the Saitama final four last year. I believe the article says that the wheels came off early for Kyoei, and it couldn't recover. In the pictures, Kyoei is the school with red on their uniforms.

I'm not sure what this initial loss means. Maybe AVPlaya can fill us in.

I also agree with AVPlaya that Konata feels at ease around Tsukasa and likes her a lot -- but once Kagamin comes on scene, she does seem to turn all her attention to her.

On the fanfic front, is it possible that Kagamin could get into Tokyo University, since the school does apparently place people there, and she is the top of her class? I picture Konata getting into another Tokyo school, rather higher than you might expect, since she is really smart and knows how to take exams. Then, unless they live at home and commute, is it possible that, at least by second or third year, they might...share an apartment? Meanwhile, Miyuki is going to some expensive university in Tokyo and living in a high-rise flat on her own. And Tsukasa is going somewhere closer to home. Maybe with the idea of becoming a teacher? She's not really dumb, just dumber than her friends. And the beat goes on: Konata spends all her time in her university's Genshiken, and Kagami keeps berating her about it.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-07-19 at 20:05.

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen