AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2015-10-08, 17:30   Link #10621
GDB

I can't recall, is Hina normally lucky at games of chance? I feel like someone (not counting Nagi) is, but I'm not sure if I'm confusing that trait with Ran from Detective Conan (who I know is lucky at games, but not sure if she's alone in that for Shounen Sunday).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 18:10   Link #10622
ChampDream
Alive

I feel someone is going to cheat.
Old 2015-10-09, 01:56   Link #10623
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I feel Hayate is going to cheat. The game was at his initiative, after all. And relying on luck is a terrible strategy, for him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 01:24   Link #10624
DragonXX

I want to know what Hayate is planning he get the game master in this game and the king jewel why, Hayate should have no reason to want the King Jewel and put it in this game?
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 01:38   Link #10625
zibi88

Well he heared about Nagis situation with the money... so maybe he wants to get a king jewel and give it to the old man so he would make nagi the official and definitive owner of all the cash so nagi can live a safe life.

Other option might be get the jewel so he can turn Athenas curse around and I would be glad if hayate ended up at the end with Athena or Hina... since its just batshit boring if after all this he will end up with nagi ;/

anyway now the head of hakou school knows that hayate is dangerous he played her so much and those reactions from her are priceless still I wonder how hayate will play....but I guess he will play with emotions like will smile to the girls or even ask them what will they want to do with the money if they win... kinda to lower their guard
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 08:41   Link #10626
sheenad18

I know someone's going to cheat but....

I've just read this manga chapter and I know the final arc is just around the corner, but I just hope that Hayate ends up with Nagi. Why?
1. I'm really sick and tired of typical princesses with super-model physiques having a lover out of Protagonists, yup, the opposites of Lovely Complex romance (Atsushi and Risa, ya know?)
2. Ending up with Hinagiku or Athena can make HnG look like a rip-off of some Shojo anime (sorta).

Sorry to burst the bubble but that's is just my opinion anyway.
sheenad18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 14:47   Link #10627
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenad18 View Post
I've just read this manga chapter and I know the final arc is just around the corner, but I just hope that Hayate ends up with Nagi. Why?
1. I'm really sick and tired of typical princesses with super-model physiques having a lover out of Protagonists, yup, the opposites of Lovely Complex romance (Atsushi and Risa, ya know?)
2. Ending up with Hinagiku or Athena can make HnG look like a rip-off of some Shojo anime (sorta).

Sorry to burst the bubble but that's is just my opinion anyway.
you forgot when HnG was first publish the tsundere loli was in ascendant. So Nagi would be the cliche choice. Athena or Hina winning would have been the out of the norm choice.

just read c509, a battle of bad luck
Old 2015-10-12, 15:31   Link #10628
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for 509:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 16:01   Link #10629
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

just read c509, a battle of bad luck
I did not expect that. Which means I totally should have expected it.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 16:17   Link #10630
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Spoiler for 509:
it just means Hina's bad luck isn't worst then Hayate's bad luck.
Old 2015-10-12, 17:08   Link #10631
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or that Hayate has noticed. Or will notice. She should have gone with "won't return my feelings". With Hayate and love, things aren't always what they seem.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 17:50   Link #10632
ChampDream
Alive

Well that was a interesting battle of bad luck, really intense.
Old 2015-10-12, 18:15   Link #10633
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

thinking about Hayate's bad luck i would love to see a cross-over therapy session between Hayate, Yamada Senia (Tenchi GXP) and Touma.
Old 2015-10-13, 00:14   Link #10634
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
thinking about Hayate's bad luck i would love to see a cross-over therapy session between Hayate, Yamada Senia (Tenchi GXP) and Touma.
*LOL* That would be awesome, though Seina does have a penchant for causing objects to fly a great distance at him, so it could be dangerous.

Still, now that Hayate has a King's Jewel and ¥150 million, it feels like the series is almost over. I just get that feeling (more so since Hata-sensei is doing a new manga series) that he's rushing to end this.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 16:56   Link #10635
AnimeFangirl

He can rush all he likes. I wouldn't even mind if the series ended tomorrow... as long as Hayate x A-tan end up together!
Old 2015-10-13, 16:59   Link #10636
GDB

If the alternative is another "manga competition arc", then please end it. Just make sure to tie up all the loose ends first or else you'll doom your future series.
Old 2015-10-13, 19:47   Link #10637
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
He can rush all he likes. I wouldn't even mind if the series ended tomorrow... as long as Hayate x A-tan end up together!
If he ended it tomorrow, he'd just have a Nagi x Hayate ending because that's what he originally envisioned (as I see it). Hayate has the money, pays Nagi, and says, "I want to stay with you as your butler forever." End story, roll credits.

(To me, the Athena x Hayate path is the only true path, but I'll be shocked if that happens.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If the alternative is another "manga competition arc", then please end it. Just make sure to tie up all the loose ends first or else you'll doom your future series.
That's just it, I'm not sure how well he'll tie up the loose ends if he just flies through to get done. This school trip arc has been rather lackluster to me. Its had humorous moments, but still seems fairly pointless on the whole.

(And I'm also bummed that this arc didn't involve Nagi's father, as the CTMEOY anime did.)

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 19:50   Link #10638
GDB

To be fair, he did do that one chapter that followed up on like 17 plot threads at once, proving he keeps track of the threads. So it shouldn't be too difficult for him to tie them up before ending the series.
Old 2015-10-14, 03:00   Link #10639
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Just make sure to tie up all the loose ends first or else you'll doom your future series.
They're all already doomed as far as I'm concerned. I'm not picking up another Hata series again unless it's complete. That means I'll probably read Ad Astra around 2026.
Old 2015-10-17, 16:56   Link #10640
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Spoiler for 509:
It could be anything, but since we don't know what Hayate's bad luck comment for that particular round was, it was obviously down to what Hina said. Not only that, she got a pair of aces. I doubt Hata would be so cruel as to imply that her 'reason' just wasn't more unlucky that whatever Hayate's 'reason' was, so I think it more likely something like Anh_Minh mentioned.

Hayate's already noticed or will notice. Pair of Aces signifying great luck (you generally don't fold on a pair of aces) leads me to think that he already has. A bit of a shame seeing how I would have loved to see how Hayate figured it out rather than just be told he has.

I haven't been excited for the series in ages. As a big fan of Hina, I've been even more disappointed with how Hata has treated her character. Still, I kept reading (sometimes a bunch of chapters at once) and am finally excited to see how Hata treats this.

Having said that, I don't see Hata pairing off Hayate with anyone now. I feel like he knows there's no point, so we might just see the status quo maintained.

I also kinda liked the general plot behind CTMEOY, so this recent arc has felt lacking in impact.

Tags
comedy, shounen