AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-10-24, 22:20   Link #41
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
It looks like that Volume 0 wont be Romance's dawn early version, instead it would be something much much much more epic.

Its a glimpse of Gol D. Roger's era where Roger, Garp, Sengoku, and Whitebeard battled for control of Grand Line.
Maybe we'll see how Sengoku became corrupt with his sense of Absolute Justice. Also, is there a chance that Volume 0 would be released in the U.S.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Isn't it interesting that at about the time this part of Kinjjishi is coming up in the anime that the movie will be released, and this bit was in the manga?
I wonder if there's anything like that on Youtube.com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
They put Nami back in a bikini for this movie. I wonder if she will have the perpetual bounce back as well?
That would be interesting indeed. Maybe we'll see if she will have that perpetual bounce in the promos (that is if they ever come on the air soon). At any rate I hope Nami will be alive and well at the end of that movie.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 12:14   Link #42
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

The latest trailer reveals the theme song of the movie: "Fanfare" by Mr. Children.

Old 2009-10-30, 10:43   Link #43
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Undoubtedly my most anticipated anime movie ever!!! Kenjishi and his powers look badass.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 06:31   Link #44
Prestige

New trailer !! Long one and looks amazing!

Looks like Nami will be playing bigger role in this movie;

Holy shit I am sooo excited about this movie, Why it only airs in Japan? This is 2009's best movie...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 07:23   Link #45
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

^Hot damn, That was epic. The way luffy's drawn near the end reminds me so much of gurren lagann.

Now i only wish they'd give us some hq trailers instead of these low res ones.
Old 2009-10-31, 12:47   Link #46
Rainbowman

Quote:
New trailer !! Long one and looks amazing!

Looks like Nami will be playing bigger role in this movie;
Just saw the trailer. Whatever Kinjishi wanted with Nami, sure doesn't involve killing her yet she was still suffering at his hands. Kinjishi just made another addition to my list of villains that made Nami suffer. Those kind of villains I would think should be brutally punished. Other than that, this would be a great movie indeed.

Quote:
Holy shit I am sooo excited about this movie, Why it only airs in Japan? This is 2009's best movie...
I know. How I wish I could watch it too and on youtube.com at least.
Old 2009-10-31, 13:14   Link #47
marvelB

Man, Shiki looks so badass. Yeah, it's a shame that us folks overseas probably won't be able to see the movie ourselves for a good while......

Anyway, some more news: Greg at AP forums mentioned that One Piece Chapter 0 will be appearing in an upcoming issue of Jump (it should appear about a few weeks from now). All we know so far is that it'll explain Gold Lion Shiki's past, and it'll most likely be the same chapter that's featured in volume 0. Not only that, but the events of chapter 0 have been animated and will appear on limited edition DVDs! Wow..... just, wow.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 13:50   Link #48
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
^Hot damn, That was epic. The way luffy's drawn near the end reminds me so much of gurren lagann.

Now i only wish they'd give us some hq trailers instead of these low res ones.
Well Spiral powers are a form of Haki after all....

Cool trailer, definitely better than I had imagined it would be. While I don't share MarvelB's enthusiasm for Shiki (though the Lion motif is fun), I do really like the strange beasts encountered throughout the trailer.

Here's hoping the film is special, considering that it broke the March tradition...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 14:27   Link #49
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Here's hoping the film is special, considering that it broke the March tradition...
Well this movie is Oda's work unlike all previous movies who Oda had nothing to do with, I dont really care about movies 1-9, though some of them were enjoyable but they were mainly made for milking OP franchice.

Oda has been working with this project from early 2008, he wrote story of this movie and designed all charecter designs,weapons and clothes.

In short this is FIRST true One Piece movie, it is not canon but its Oda's work and it has been foreplayed in both manga and anime and it should be very enjoyable experience.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 14:41   Link #50
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, some more news: Greg at AP forums mentioned that One Piece Chapter 0 will be appearing in an upcoming issue of Jump (it should appear about a few weeks from now). All we know so far is that it'll explain Gold Lion Shiki's past, and it'll most likely be the same chapter that's featured in volume 0. Not only that, but the events of chapter 0 have been animated and will appear on limited edition DVDs! Wow..... just, wow.
Now that's big news. I don't suppose those limited edition DVDs and volume 0 would come to the U.S. anytime soon would they?
Old 2009-10-31, 17:14   Link #51
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Now that's big news. I don't suppose those limited edition DVDs and volume 0 would come to the U.S. anytime soon would they?
That's up to Toei, Funimation, and Viz.
Old 2009-10-31, 17:19   Link #52
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Good point. I guess we'll have to see the animation from the DVD and the story from volume 0 on youtube.com at least.
Old 2009-10-31, 18:14   Link #53
james0246

Quote:
Added to that, it will not be something any of us will have to worry about for at least a year (after the films theatrical release), if not longer...
Old 2009-10-31, 18:32   Link #54
Nightmare-Kun
The Nightmare Begins...

wow i got the chills just watching that trailor
it looks amazing
Nightmare-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 18:46   Link #55
'Pryde
I am better than you

maybe they will reveal a new move like they did with the gears in whatever movie it was
'Pryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 20:34   Link #56
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

After re-watching it i noticed 9 vs 5000, 300 anyone?
Old 2009-10-31, 21:04   Link #57
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Ok guys. This is huge news concerning volume 0. Credit goes to Greg from AP forums.

Spoiler for Volume 0:
Old 2009-10-31, 21:18   Link #58
marvelB

Quote:
Ok guys. This is huge news concerning volume 0. Credit goes to Greg from AP forums.

Spoiler for Volume 0:

Yeah, I was actually about to post about that, myself. The prospect of such an epic showdown sounds too good to be true, which sorta leads me to believe that we won't see the entire battle between those two (still, it would certainly make a nice excuse for Oda to give us a hint of both Roger and Shiki's abilities ).

Still, what with all this backstory we're getting on Shiki, I'm really more curious than ever to know what role he'll play in the manga's storyline......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 21:26   Link #59
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Still, what with all this backstory we're getting on Shiki, I'm really more curious than ever to know what role he'll play in the manga's storyline......
Same here. Logically, Luffy shouldn't be able to defeat Shiki in the film since he was one of Roger's contenders back in the day. Shiki must be on a completely different level.
Old 2009-10-31, 23:55   Link #60
james0246

Quote:
...He'll already be dead....

Quote:
Same here. Logically, Luffy shouldn't be able to defeat Shiki in the film since he was one of Roger's contenders back in the day. Shiki must be on a completely different level.
From what you've posted, nothing indicates that Shiki was actually a contender to Roger. To speculate (based on little to no info ), Roger could have soundly defeated Shiki 22+ years ago, and after his defeat Garp then put Shiki in Impel Down. Then, after Roger's death, Shiki manages to escape. That's all the back-story you need. Consequently, Luffy can combat the relic known as Shiki without worrying about Shiki being too overpowered, considering that Shiki didn't actually match up Roger...

(Or, being in Impel Down so long significantly weakened Shiki...etc.)

Whatever the case, the villain Luffy faces in the movie will not be on a similar level to Roger, unless he ends up killing himself by fighting on that level...