AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-24, 16:33   Link #41
pikachuwei

im not smart enough to be able to write a big post like the other two but ill try and summarize
:P

She's nice and FUN! people may think that her childish actions are a negative, but imo its more of a positive. shes very casual and friendly.
Honest and innocent/naive (sorta)
overall gives off a cheerful, happy, positive vibe

its like a breath of fresh air after all those tear-jerking (or try to be tear jerking) romance animes out there.

haruka kinda gives you the fun comedy usually found in harems without all the negative aspects of harems i guess. As one reviewer said, there should be more scenes in romance like the haruka arc (referring to kitty attack). Nowadays its all either seriousness or HNNGGG (im looking at you sae)
Old 2010-09-24, 16:58   Link #42
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
im not smart enough to be able to write a big post like the other two but ill try and summarize
:P

She's nice and FUN! people may think that her childish actions are a negative, but imo its more of a positive. shes very casual and friendly.
Honest and innocent/naive (sorta)
overall gives off a cheerful, happy, positive vibe

its like a breath of fresh air after all those tear-jerking (or try to be tear jerking) romance animes out there.

haruka kinda gives you the fun comedy usually found in harems without all the negative aspects of harems i guess. As one reviewer said, there should be more scenes in romance like the haruka arc (referring to kitty attack). Nowadays its all either seriousness or HNNGGG (im looking at you sae)
I believe you hit the nail right in the spot. She gives all the positives of a harem without the negative aspects. The kitty attack was one of the best examples. Plus, I like her type of Jealousy. She becomes jealous enough where she just moves the main away from the other girls, but doesn't lash out from them. Plus I like how she consulted her best friend Hibiki in what to do. Now'a'days friends don't tell friends who they like and there advice.

Plus, she shines in the other arcs. I like the fact she will do fine even without being the main. She still tries to influence his sister
Old 2010-09-24, 17:04   Link #43
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I believe you hit the nail right in the spot. She gives all the positives of a harem without the negative aspects. The kitty attack was one of the best examples. Plus, I like her type of Jealousy. She becomes jealous enough where she just moves the main away from the other girls, but doesn't lash out from them. Plus I like how she consulted her best friend Hibiki in what to do. Now'a'days friends don't tell friends who they like and there advice.

Plus, she shines in the other arcs. I like the fact she will do fine even without being the main. She still tries to influence his sister
thanks XD

she phone calls her friends!

all the girls i know phone their friends ALLLLL the time XD

+1 for realism.... - 100000 for being impossibly perfect D=
Old 2010-09-24, 23:21   Link #44
Wigwams

landslide victory for haruka (in ISML)!

Morishima Haruka
(Amagami SS) 5813
Tanamachi Kaoru
(Amagami SS) 1871
Old 2010-09-25, 00:59   Link #45
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
landslide victory for haruka (in ISML)!

Morishima Haruka
(Amagami SS) 5813
Tanamachi Kaoru
(Amagami SS) 1871
ISML?

is kaoru second place?

last time i checked Ai was most popular girl no?
Old 2010-09-25, 01:10   Link #46
Wigwams

Quote:
ISML?

is kaoru second place?

last time i checked Ai was most popular girl no?
ISML = International Saimoe League
http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/

it was a 1v1 contest between haruka and kouru as an exhibition match only.
though next year ISML 2011 i bet my ass lots of amagami SS characters will be participating.
Old 2010-09-25, 01:37   Link #47
pikachuwei

i cant find the match :x
Old 2010-09-25, 05:12   Link #48
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Well said. I just have to argue though that she is not an airhead. I'm not sure what airhead means to most people, but it means stupid, simpleton, bimbo, or some sort. Usually in my area it is used in a negative context.

I also like some of her Engrish catch phrases like okay dokie. When she wants to play leap frog or wrestle the boys it reminds me she still like kid games. I would say that she is like water like how her best friend and the main described her. She is carefree and down-to-earth even though she is the school idol not trying to raise her popularity and changes the tide according to what she feels like doing. A person can have many wondeful memory and experience just hanging out with her. Of course to some guys she may come across as the biggest tease at times, but I am okay with it since she doesn't seem too aware in how people adore her and isn't trying to pull in any heartstrings in purpose. Haruka likes nice guys which is a plus. She only started to interact with the main after witnessing how the main helped Sai get some bread from the crowd of students. I also like how she rejected him in the 1st episode. That scene showed that she liked how he had the confidence to ask her out, but she was blantely honest when she said she want an older reliable guy at the time. She wasn't playing any games with his head which gave another plus in my book.

When the 2nd episode hits it seems like Haruka is all over the place. Maybe that is how she got her popularityn (Plus she has a tendency to pop up in other people's arc . And I just LOL when she said she stood up watching a favorite television show so she borrowed a bed in the school hospital. If only they can do that in the United States When they are in the infirmary she raised up a good point when she said people don't have to know each other through dating. She also didn't see him any different which is a good in this case. She gives all the cues that she doesn't mind if he still hangs around even though he got rejected in a nice way. I just LOL even more when she said she liked a charismatic, reliable, leadership type of guy and in the end phrase said maybe not. Her perception of guys seems like it changes time from time, but one thing for sure is that she wants to depend on the person. ... (I may go on later. Feeling tired right now)

Overall though she always gives this positive aura and never really lashed out it other people. Even tough the main's sister doesn't like her she made a goal that someday they will be friends. Not to many people have that type of positive outlook. Usually the reaction would be what is wrong with that BI$%#, but instead she wants to make the main's sister a friend.
I labelled her an airhead because she makes weird or non-sense comments like when she told Junichi the meaning of "doesn't want to be a younger sister"...Or asking Junichi for a swimsuit.

Anyway I agree that she has a positive aura that makes the show lively or maybe its all thanks to Shizuka Itou's VA skills.

BTW when she said she didn't get enough sleep because she watched a show late at night in episode, I think she is lying. I think she was bothered by Junichi's 1st confession. And that theory is not out of her character, remember in episode 4 she lied about her grandparents' visit so that she'll be alone with Junichi.
Old 2010-09-25, 06:15   Link #49
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
I labelled her an airhead because she makes weird or non-sense comments like when she told Junichi the meaning of "doesn't want to be a younger sister"...Or asking Junichi for a swimsuit.

Anyway I agree that she has a positive aura that makes the show lively or maybe its all thanks to Shizuka Itou's VA skills.

BTW when she said she didn't get enough sleep because she watched a show late at night in episode, I think she is lying. I think she was bothered by Junichi's 1st confession. And that theory is not out of her character, remember in episode 4 she lied about her grandparents' visit so that she'll be alone with Junichi.
^i doubt it, haruka has had dozens probably hundreds of confessions over the years, she doesnt lose sleep over them (i assume) and junichi's was probably no different

haruka only got bothered by junichi's 2nd confession coz noone had ever done it before.

she wasnt obsessed with juunichi enough at the time of his first confession. i mean in total they only met about 3 times at school before that (1st time in cafeteria, 2nd time at library, 3rd time in leapfrog and then iirc it was the confession)
Old 2010-09-25, 07:26   Link #50
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
^i doubt it, haruka has had dozens probably hundreds of confessions over the years, she doesnt lose sleep over them (i assume) and junichi's was probably no different

haruka only got bothered by junichi's 2nd confession coz noone had ever done it before.

she wasnt obsessed with juunichi enough at the time of his first confession. i mean in total they only met about 3 times at school before that (1st time in cafeteria, 2nd time at library, 3rd time in leapfrog and then iirc it was the confession)
Maybe you're right. I'm probably over analyzing her action after listening to her monologue in Amagami Ending Singles CD. Well in the monologue, she thinks that Junichi is more than just a nice guy.
Old 2010-09-25, 12:14   Link #51
Knightrunner

Quote:

Jun should have figured out right away that Haruka wants to spend time with him when she lied about her grandparents coming to visit.
Old 2010-09-25, 14:29   Link #52
A l i

Quote:
Jun should have figured out right away that Haruka wants to spend time with him when she lied about her grandparents coming to visit.
But he probably didn't know that until the motel scene in the series. He probably thought that Haruka's grandparents were going to actually come to the hotel.
Old 2010-09-25, 14:37   Link #53
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by A l i View Post
But he probably didn't know that until the motel scene in the series. He probably thought that Haruka's grandparents were going to actually come to the hotel.
I should have been more specific. As soon as Haruka said her grandparents and parents are not going to show up after the pool scene he should figured out Haruka likes him and definately wants to spend time with him.

Haruka went to the trouble of bringing him to a hotel swiming in a pool in Xmas even. How many people experiences this then later on she admits that her family members are not coming. If I was Jun I would instantly figured out she cared about me as soon as she admitted her lie.
Old 2010-09-25, 17:09   Link #54
pikachuwei

Quote:
I should have been more specific. As soon as Haruka said her grandparents and parents are not going to show up after the pool scene he should figured out Haruka likes him and definately wants to spend time with him.

Haruka went to the trouble of bringing him to a hotel swiming in a pool in Xmas even. How many people experiences this then later on she admits that her family members are not coming. If I was Jun I would instantly figured out she cared about me as soon as she admitted her lie.
i think if i were jun i would have figured out she cared about me at the start of ep 3 when she got all jealous and flustered from me talking to other girls :x
Old 2010-09-25, 17:12   Link #55
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Haruka is approachable for a school idol. The usual school idol stereotype thinks highly of themselves and doesn't interact with "lesser" people. Haruka on the other hand, is down to earth and is not pretentious. When she makes friends she doesn't do it to gain popularity or favor she does it because that is her character. She has a lot of weird quirks that normal people wouldn't do but is not uncommon IRL. Like playing leap frog or wrestling with boys. She also has unintentional yuri-like tendencies, likes role playing and likes cute things to the point that would even stalk little girls. She has funny Engrish catch phrases like WAU!!! Go go go!!! Even though she is showered with affection she can't express her emotions properly which IMO makes cute. She loves to tease boys to the point that she would lie so she could be alone with Junichi in a hotel. She is an airhead...

Well I guess that list is enough...
That is why so many people love Haruka, and that she is well-loved all over the school. And not hated by anyone like what you expect a person who thinks highly of themselves would be.
Old 2010-09-25, 18:28   Link #56
Knightrunner

Quote:
i think if i were jun i would have figured out she cared about me at the start of ep 3 when she got all jealous and flustered from me talking to other girls :x
Thats true especially after the Lunch scene.
Old 2010-09-25, 20:37   Link #57
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I found it surprising that Junichi never noticed until the very ending
Old 2010-09-25, 20:50   Link #58
Gault
inc_mplete

Haruka... lovely and her joyful nature is something you always want to be around and I think Juns character/personality goes along with what Haruka wanted, A Puppy Dog

cause the 10 year ahead scene , think about it , do you think majority of couples are like that? , the husband would come home from work , sit on the couch and watch TV and not help out the wife

whereas Juns like a puppy dog , waiting at the door for the master to return and when she does return , Juns on ecstasy for her, I won't be surprised if Haruka and Jun are there proper 1st loves , cause when you're at the 1st love stage , those ideals of being together forever are heavy, they're also both clingy to eachover and their personality seems to prefer a clingy significant other , perfect match I'd say

however if Haruka was my girl.. I'd say we'd last 4 years , I don't like too much of a clingy girl , it can get really tiring after awhile , I envy both of them to put up with that stuff ,
Old 2010-09-25, 21:14   Link #59
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gault View Post
Haruka... lovely and her joyful nature is something you always want to be around and I think Juns character/personality goes along with what Haruka wanted, A Puppy Dog

cause the 10 year ahead scene , think about it , do you think majority of couples are like that? , the husband would come home from work , sit on the couch and watch TV and not help out the wife

whereas Juns like a puppy dog , waiting at the door for the master to return and when she does return , Juns on ecstasy for her, I won't be surprised if Haruka and Jun are there proper 1st loves , cause when you're at the 1st love stage , those ideals of being together forever are heavy, they're also both clingy to eachover and their personality seems to prefer a clingy significant other , perfect match I'd say

however if Haruka was my girl.. I'd say we'd last 4 years , I don't like too much of a clingy girl , it can get really tiring after awhile , I envy both of them to put up with that stuff ,
I don't find Haruka that clingy. The ten year thing does say a lot about there relationship and Hibiki is still around visiting there house in ten years

In a girl I respect loyalty and caring deeply for each other. Personality counts too. Any guy would be luckily to be with Haruka or actually of of these girls. lol after having a glimpse of New Jersey Shore any of these girls are great esepcially Haruka.
Old 2010-09-25, 23:32   Link #60
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Thanks to everyone who replied offering up their explanations on Haruka's popularity. The answers were largely the things I expected, but it seems I just take a lot of her actions/behavior differently, is all. Basically, I'm in the same position with her as I am with Sae.