AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-26, 23:28   Link #241
zaeraal

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...arius_Chapter1
js06 completed the first chapter.
Next one comes out when the new BD/DVD is released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
So in light of the most recent pre-release spoilers for the railgun manga (this is focusing on Misaki not Mikoto)... anyway I had a conjecture... I was wondering if anyone thought this might be true:

Spoiler for railgun manga chapter 61 and New Testament 7 Light Novel:
If and only if the Exterior remained, then yes, anyone could use it to control other people. Including that Golden Retriever.
And even though names do have meaning in Toaruverse, in his case it could be that he is the leader of Kiharas, not because he is using Exterior.
Old 2013-07-27, 00:21   Link #242
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...arius_Chapter1
js06 completed the first chapter.
Next one comes out when the new BD/DVD is released.

If and only if the Exterior remained, then yes, anyone could use it to control other people. Including that Golden Retriever.
And even though names do have meaning in Toaruverse, in his case it could be that he is the leader of Kiharas, not because he is using Exterior.
True enough. I still don't know though why a golden retriever would be the leader of the Kiharas.... or at least be the most influential of them anyway... I'm not actually sure it says he is the leader. I just know that Yuiitsu listens to him because he is most likely very wise. Does anyone think the theory that he somehow taps into Misaka net might be true? I wonder about this because iff (if and only if) chapter 61 shows like we thought it was saying that
Spoiler for railgun chapter 61:
Hmmm why is the Railgun manga so good?

Anyway... yeah I guess brainstem could refer to the fact that he leads the Kiharas...... NT 8 where art thou? Why must we wait another month in order to have more questions we want to ask

Last edited by dniv; 2013-07-27 at 05:11.
Old 2013-07-27, 01:36   Link #243
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
NT 8 where art though? Why must we wait another month in order to have more questions we want to ask
In retrospect, we only have to wait about 2 more weeks (give or take a few days) until we get the synopsis and cover.
Old 2013-07-27, 03:38   Link #244
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

In order to pass the time until Railgun Ch 61+ and NT Volume 8, let me bring to the attention of all of the LN readers a 'small' project I have been working.

It is a calendar of all of the events which have occurred in the Index/Railgun franchise. It is hosted on the Baka-Tsuki Index Page under the section, Story Calendar.
Here is a link to the calendar page: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...Index_Calendar

Make sure to spread the word to the Railgun fanbase as well. They could benefit from it.

So from looking at the calendar, this Amakusa SS occurs anywhere where between September 11 - 15.

Also I predict that there will be at least 2 more LN volumes before the story hits December.

Perhaps NT8 will be the first part of a 2-3 volume story arc?
Old 2013-07-27, 04:37   Link #245
hamazura
whatever

wow dat calendar
22 volume of index, 7 volume of NT, and its only 5 month
now i can see touma is really super unfortunate, got dragged by everything (especially dat tsuchimikado bastard) without barely any pause between almost every arc
Old 2013-07-27, 05:12   Link #246
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
wow dat calendar
22 volume of index, 7 volume of NT, and its only 5 month
now i can see touma is really super unfortunate, got dragged by everything (especially dat tsuchimikado bastard) without barely any pause between almost every arc
Well... 29 books 5 months. Average of 5 days of torture per book poor Kamijour

And so we get pre-release spoilers in 2 weeks give or take a few days? I thought it was only the week before?
Old 2013-07-27, 12:50   Link #247
whitecloud

I hope we will see " demon" mikoto or maybe the angel mikoto
Old 2013-07-27, 12:58   Link #248
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

That is quite the calendar....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
(especially dat tsuchimikado bastard)
You mean that "rotten, Hawaiian shirt-wearing, sunglasses-wearing, nyah nyah onmyouji" or that "sunglasses-wearing nyah nyah bastard".
Old 2013-07-27, 14:44   Link #249
Cthaeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Here is a link to the calendar page
Some feedback: One of the things that tripped me up a little was that you've placed the "unknown" timed events as specific times. I have to zoom in to read the part of the calendar I'm interested in, and then I can't keep the color coding legend on the screen, soit becomes hard to keep track of which events I should consider precisely timed and which ones are uncertain (there are a lot of colors). I might give all of the uncertain events a common pattern, such as a checkered or cross-hatched pattern, so that it's easy to distinguish them definitively timed events. The red vs blue color scheme for Railgun vs Index is very good for not needing to remember all of the colors for distinguishing between those two, it's just that I'm also interested in not losing track of the uncertainty.

I was also thinking about ways you could represent the possible ranges of uncertain events, but I decided that trying to do so would probably make things too complicated compared to the current 'best guess' approach.
Old 2013-07-27, 18:44   Link #250
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthaeh
^
Well as a rule of thumb try this:
Spoiler for Calendar Legend:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud
I hope we will see " demon" mikoto or maybe the angel mikoto
I hope so too, whether through the Misaka Network or not. Perhaps this is yet another foreshadowing on Kamachi's part.
Old 2013-07-28, 02:11   Link #251
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
In order to pass the time until Railgun Ch 61+ and NT Volume 8, let me bring to the attention of all of the LN readers a 'small' project I have been working.

It is a calendar of all of the events which have occurred in the Index/Railgun franchise. It is hosted on the Baka-Tsuki Index Page under the section, Story Calendar.
Here is a link to the calendar page: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...Index_Calendar

Make sure to spread the word to the Railgun fanbase as well. They could benefit from it.

So from looking at the calendar, this Amakusa SS occurs anywhere where between September 11 - 15.

Also I predict that there will be at least 2 more LN volumes before the story hits December.

Perhaps NT8 will be the first part of a 2-3 volume story arc?
I wish this were true in real world time... 2 more LN volumes before December 10th but it'll most likely by January 10th... and yeah of course I want to see the new version of Mikoto... this also just made me realize why in NT 7 Shokuhou maybe knew Mikoto was holding back against the threat because she knew the others were too weak. This might be an allusion to her still having her powers, maybe... by that point in the timeline.
Old 2013-07-30, 09:58   Link #252
whitecloud

kamijou trully have a....fun (5 month) filled year i suppose.... in just that time he already have enough adventure story for a lifetime...give three year, he will have adventure story equal to that of legendary hero
Old 2013-07-30, 10:07   Link #253
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
kamijou trully have a....fun (5 month) filled year i suppose.... in just that time he already have enough adventure story for a lifetime...give three year, he will have adventure story equal to that of legendary hero
Makes you wonder if he had that kind of life before.

Though I would personally love if Kamachi made a time skip somewhere and advanced by 1-2years (maybe leave Touma out of it)
With so complex and vast universe as the Index/Railgun one, it would be hilarious to watch what happened in that time.
Old 2013-07-30, 11:32   Link #254
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Though I would personally love if Kamachi made a time skip somewhere and advanced by 1-2years (maybe leave Touma out of it)
With so complex and vast universe as the Index/Railgun one, it would be hilarious to watch what happened in that time.
Nah, if he does a timeskip why leave Touma out of it? would be neat to see what has happened to our protagonist in the past 2 years. He's a 1st yr HS student, right?

But, yeah, it'd be fun to see what has changed in general between everyone. :3
Old 2013-07-30, 12:23   Link #255
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Nah, if he does a timeskip why leave Touma out of it? would be neat to see what has happened to our protagonist in the past 2 years. He's a 1st yr HS student, right?

But, yeah, it'd be fun to see what has changed in general between everyone. :3
Because by then he would be like 17-18 years old.
He would be no longer the hot-headed boy who acts as a chick magnet everytime he rushes into some danger.
He would be like a more mature person, that thinks before he acts, is carefull about not raising any more flags and takes responsibility for those, whose flag was raised already.

The fans might not like a person like that
And think of it like this - Mikoto and Index would be in a more appropriate age for him
Old 2013-07-30, 12:31   Link #256
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
He would be no longer the hot-headed boy who acts as a chick magnet everytime he rushes into some danger.
He would be like a more mature person, that thinks before he acts, is carefull about not raising any more flags and takes responsibility for those, whose flag was raised already.

And think of it like this - Mikoto and Index would be in a more appropriate age for him
Hahaha. That's true.

Personally, I'd be more interested in how Birdway would look 2-3 years later.
Old 2013-07-30, 12:34   Link #257
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:

Nice try, plenty of people hate Kamijou as he is now, lol.
Old 2013-07-30, 12:54   Link #258
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
Nice try, plenty of people hate Kamijou as he is now, lol.
Do they? he, deservingly, ranks above all the others in the cast in awards, no? I don't know how much those matter.

zaeraal really seems to dislike him as he is though! ;3 Personally, I think that would be boring. All 3 are more unpredictable and fun as they are.

Last edited by ACertainStark; 2013-07-30 at 13:21.
Old 2013-07-30, 13:11   Link #259
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaxlikenoob View Post
nice try, plenty of people hate kamijou as he is now, lol.
proof please :/
Old 2013-07-30, 13:36   Link #260
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

4chan is crawling with 'em; I don't think he's well recieved on MAL either.
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions