Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-04-07, 18:05   Link #4861
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by juventus95 View Post
What's that sparkling thing on Kyouko's eye? Lol Kyouko officially joins the monster club. So much for self-proclaimed normal player.
http://imgur.com/RQGh4QU
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 18:15   Link #4862
raincrow

I was wondering about the eye thing earlier. Maybe colors represent a certain trait artistic-wise? It's not like it's actually happening at the table and the players are seeing everyone's eyes sparkle.

Spoiler for new chapter:
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 18:25   Link #4863
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post
Spoiler for new chapter:
Maybe she's having fun watching the moron selfdestructing hard. Also, Hiroe is pretty crazy herself, so of course she's gonna identify with Hisa when the latter isn't choking.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 20:01   Link #4864
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
That's my thought too also I had forgotten Yumi had it ( reading manga mainly will do that )
Blue flame are not for Monster, and if I have it right Yumi had the same Black and Blue background when she did the Chan-Kan.
Now I think Kyouko Will mange to do what Yumi tried. ( Kokushi, Chan Kan anyone?)

As Yumi said at that time it could be useful to put some fear in her.
Old 2014-04-07, 20:49   Link #4865
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Ok, finally got to read the chapter. I can certainly see what mhazaru was talking about now.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Also, it must be said

"We're high schoolers in summer, after all"

That actually sounds flirty. Like, something that resembles actual flirting Good thing the wife is a tender one.
Old 2014-04-07, 22:28   Link #4866
King-Slayer

Maybe Hisa is trying to bait somebody into trying to bust Usuzan and then attack them because other than that I have no freaking clue what she's doing. Other than that I feel really bad for Yuan thinking she had a chance and seeing it snuffed out quickly. Wonder what Choe is going to do next chapter?

Last edited by King-Slayer; 2014-04-07 at 22:54. Reason: should've finished
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 22:51   Link #4867
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post

Also, it must be said

"We're high schoolers in summer, after all"

That actually sounds flirty. Like, something that resembles actual flirting Good thing the wife is a tender one.
I know, right? I'm glad someone else saw it. I love bad girl/good girl ships, and those two are probably the closest ones to that in this manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Maybe Hisa is trying to bait somebody into trying to bust Usuzan because other than that I have no freaking clue what she's doing. Other than that I feel really bad for Yuan thinking she had a chance and seeing it snuffed out quickly. Wonder what Choe is going to do next chapter?
I was wondering what she was doing in the last panel. I thought she was going to blow wind out her mouth and knock over some tiles However I remember a picture of her singing...maybe she's about to do that.
Old 2014-04-07, 22:55   Link #4868
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
I know, right? I'm glad someone else saw it. I love bad girl/good girl ships, and those two are probably the closest ones to that in this manga.
I wouldn't call Hisa a good girl by any stretch of the imagination. She's the one that lures good girls in.

Quote:
I was wondering what she was doing in the last panel. I thought she was going to blow wind out her mouth and knock over some tiles However I remember a picture of her singing...maybe she's about to do that.
The song that brings the end of all things. Rinkai has quite the lineup.
Old 2014-04-07, 23:47   Link #4869
The Green One

She'll huff, and puff, and bbbblllllloooowwwww your tiles down!

Sorry couldn't resist.
The Green One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 09:22   Link #4870
raincrow

Quote:
I wouldn't call Hisa a good girl by any stretch of the imagination. She's the one that lures good girls in.
It's not too hard to see Besides being badass, she's plenty kind as well. My favorite example of that is when she saw off Yumi from the training camp.

Also, found the pic I was talking about for Choe:

Old 2014-04-08, 11:24   Link #4871
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
LOL That's from the montage at the end of season 1. Speaking of which, notice the drastic difference between how Nelly was shown in both ending montages.
Old 2014-04-08, 13:52   Link #4872
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
LOL That's from the montage at the end of season 1. Speaking of which, notice the drastic difference between how Nelly was shown in both ending montages.
She's smiling around in the first one, and unleashing her power in the second one. That's not a drastic difference, that's her showing her stuff in the latter
Old 2014-04-08, 14:12   Link #4873
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
It's not too hard to see Besides being badass, she's plenty kind as well. My favorite example of that is when she saw off Yumi from the training camp.
Well, sure, that's how she got Mihoko in the first place, but there's a difference between being nice and being the wife in the relationship. Maybe a more equal standing is the solution, kinda like Haruka and Yuu.

We didn't get anything from Choe's powers in the new preview, right? Maybe Ritz decided to stick with the singing, in which case this will be the most talkative and loudest match in the series.
Old 2014-04-08, 15:43   Link #4874
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Maybe Hisa is trying to bait somebody into trying to bust Usuzan and then attack them because other than that I have no freaking clue what she's doing. Other than that I feel really bad for Yuan thinking she had a chance and seeing it snuffed out quickly. Wonder what Choe is going to do next chapter?
Perhaps you are correct. It's Hisa we are talking about. Maybe she found out a way to counter Choe's singing. I don't feel bad for Yaun though. It's just that while she may sound worried with how much point she has left, but I don't sense any concern or responsible about possibly making her team looses. It's like she seem to think she will made it somehow, and just letting the last two players clean up her mess.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 17:14   Link #4875
raincrow

Quote:
Well, sure, that's how she got Mihoko in the first place, but there's a difference between being nice and being the wife in the relationship.
Not sure what that means...why would being nice place you into a stereotyped role? I'm just saying that I would generally expect Hiroe to be a little more snide and Hisa to be a little more understanding.

Quote:
Maybe a more equal standing is the solution, kinda like Haruka and Yuu.
I agree, but that would imply that there's a setup that doesn't set two partners as equal? That wouldn't be a relationship, then That would just be one person dictating another's life. For example, Mihoko's a sweetheart, but that wouldn't put her below Hisa or whomever in any way, and I don't think Hisa would ever see things that way either

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Perhaps you are correct. It's Hisa we are talking about. Maybe she found out a way to counter Choe's singing. I don't feel bad for Yaun though. It's just that while she may sound worried with how much point she has left, but I don't sense any concern or responsible about possibly making her team looses. It's like she seem to think she will made it somehow, and just letting the last two players clean up her mess.
Maybe Yuan is used to being in that position if a lot of their matches go the same way. Like, maybe she's very used to the last two players constantly bailing the team out.
Old 2014-04-08, 20:14   Link #4876
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Wouldn't that mean that the first three players of Usuzan are making their last two carry the Cross for them?

*rimshot*

Okay, that was bad, but I'm not really sure what to make of Yuan's performance, and how she'd manage to survive this round, as she's one ron away from getting her team eliminated. Maya's going to have to SERIOUSLY make up for things if she's indeed next, rather than Sawaya.
Old 2014-04-08, 20:35   Link #4877
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Wouldn't that mean that the first three players of Usuzan are making their last two carry the Cross for them?
Is that strange? Many teams we have seen so far have one or two persons in their team to gain the point while other players' main job is to protect/carry the point.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't realize that was a joke.
V
V
Old 2014-04-08, 20:36   Link #4878
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

You're missing the joke. Usuzan is a Catholic school. Carrying the Cross. Get it?

And honestly, this is one heck of a cross foisted on their two remaining players. Sawaya and Maya will HAVE to come up with a heck of a hat trick to justify Hayarin's dread of them (which at this point just seems to me like "Oh, you're trying to make a younger version of me. How cute."), or else they'd cement themselves as the biggest jokes of the Nationals.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-04-08 at 20:47.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 21:17   Link #4879
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Not sure what that means...why would being nice place you into a stereotyped role? I'm just saying that I would generally expect Hiroe to be a little more snide and Hisa to be a little more understanding.
I should've expected that answer. I have nothing and now I'm ashamed.

Quote:
I agree, but that would imply that there's a setup that doesn't set two partners as equal?
I'm talking strictly about who starts the fun times.

Quote:
That wouldn't be a relationship, then That would just be one person dictating another's life. For example, Mihoko's a sweetheart, but that wouldn't put her below Hisa or whomever in any way, and I don't think Hisa would ever see things that way either
If anything, Mihoko going full housewife would mean she's the one dictating Hisa's life.

Quote:
Maybe Yuan is used to being in that position if a lot of their matches go the same way. Like, maybe she's very used to the last two players constantly bailing the team out.
Pretty much went that way with Shindouji, though I don't remember any of their players failing this hard (Kirame went against Teru, that doesn't count).
Old 2014-04-08, 21:47   Link #4880
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....

You know, for the longest time I confused Choe with Awai, and thought that Awai was going to do some kind of devastating operatic aria combined with a killer move that would totally throw Saki into turmoil somehow.

Totally mixed things up, of course.

Will be very interested to see what Choe's singing either actually does or what occassions it....

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri