AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-21, 04:02   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Gundam - Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Gundam anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Gundam which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 23:49   Link #2
monster

[AD] Gundam 00

Is it HRL or HRA?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 00:04   Link #3
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Is it HRL or HRA?
both. for now...

it's 人類革新連盟 (unlike the Union, AEU and Celestial being, which are written more or less in English), so there are multiple English translations. But there may eventually be some piece of English writing referencing the group (like the Aeolia Schenberg 'page' in episode 2), so there may be an official English equivalent of some sort in time.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 00:20   Link #4
monster

Thanks, I guess I'll stick with HRL for now.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 09:11   Link #5
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
both. for now...

it's 人類革新連盟 (unlike the Union, AEU and Celestial being, which are written more or less in English), so there are multiple English translations. But there may eventually be some piece of English writing referencing the group (like the Aeolia Schenberg 'page' in episode 2), so there may be an official English equivalent of some sort in time.
The official translation, which groups seem to ignore, is Human Reform League.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 11:06   Link #6
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
The official translation, which groups seem to ignore, is Human Reform League.
could you give a link of some sort to that?

It'd be useful for future reference.
Old 2007-10-23, 00:10   Link #7
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
could you give a link of some sort to that?

It'd be useful for future reference.
If you are looking for an -official- terminology in English, unfortunately, after searching through the official site (and general JPN sites for that matter...), none could be found. So nothing is official for 人革連~ for now

- Tak (And they say Marina is from the Middle East, but no matter how I look at it... she looks stereotypically Chinese, heh)

Last edited by Tak; 2007-10-23 at 00:32.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 03:46   Link #8
hhahaha2

Spoiler for CCA:
hhahaha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 12:27   Link #9
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
If you are looking for an -official- terminology in English, unfortunately, after searching through the official site (and general JPN sites for that matter...), none could be found. So nothing is official for 人革連~ for now

- Tak (And they say Marina is from the Middle East, but no matter how I look at it... she looks stereotypically Chinese, heh)
yeah, I had looked through the official site and saw nothing. figured there might have been something on the sunrise site, recent merchandise, or in the show that I missed somehow though.

anyway, Deacon, if you do have some sort of source on that, I would like to see it. (its good to have one term for everyone to use) otherwise, gonna have to stick with there is no official English name till one arises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhahaha2 View Post
Spoiler for CCA:
Spoiler for :

Last edited by ashlay; 2007-10-23 at 12:40.
Old 2007-10-23, 12:34   Link #10
X207
Gamyūsa

can someone pls tell me wat is that orange haro for? ie wat does it control on the gundam?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 12:38   Link #11
Tak

So far the orange Haro looks like a giant radar to me

- Tak
Old 2007-10-23, 12:39   Link #12
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Maneuver the Gundam while the pilot aiming and firing.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 05:56   Link #13
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

The official source is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEalUJoA6dM

That's the announcement PV video released a month ago. I thought the names were cleared up then.

The official names of the fraction are Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations, Human Reform League, and Advanced European Union.
Old 2007-10-24, 09:17   Link #14
Tak

To think it came from a friggin PV...

*Shaking fist in the air* Thats slacking off, official website peoples!

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2007-10-24 at 09:30.
Old 2007-10-24, 10:49   Link #15
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
The official source is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEalUJoA6dM

That's the announcement PV video released a month ago. I thought the names were cleared up then.

The official names of the fraction are Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations, Human Reform League, and Advanced European Union.
apparently not...

well, this will be handy. thanks brightman.

Old 2007-10-26, 22:51   Link #16
bx510

Is there manga for 00?

I have done a quick search and didn't see anything about manga for gundam 00. Is there such thing? If so, where can I find?

Also, does anyone know what happened to animeyume?
bx510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 23:01   Link #17
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
You betcha. All of them look fairly interesting too. It's kind of similar to how Sunrise built up all those extra side story entries around Code Geass with the Picture Drama and Mangas. One is a prequel, one's a straight up adaptation, and one is running concurrent with the events of the show.

I hope Bandai/Sunrise keeps up with the practice. It's kind of similar to how a lot of popular American TV thrillers are adding material on the side to enhance viewer interest, if not quite as direct an approach. They did it with Xenoglossia too by having Haruka Amami maintain a blog that ran concurrent to the show. Anyways I digress, to date I don't think any announcements have been made about scanlating them, but I hope to be one of the first to learn of any such project.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 00:08   Link #18
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
You betcha. All of them look fairly interesting too. It's kind of similar to how Sunrise built up all those extra side story entries around Code Geass with the Picture Drama and Mangas. One is a prequel, one's a straight up adaptation, and one is running concurrent with the events of the show.
except for the fact the geass manga didn't really have anything to do with the main series, all of them were alternate timelines of various sorts.

though that seems to be fairly the same idea in most if not all these 00 manga, so no real change to your point.
Old 2007-10-31, 03:42   Link #19
ipernorris

Is it known if newtype abilities will be present in Gundam 00 universe?
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 03:51   Link #20
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
except for the fact the geass manga didn't really have anything to do with the main series, all of them were alternate timelines of various sorts.

though that seems to be fairly the same idea in most if not all these 00 manga, so no real change to your point.
That may be the case with Geass, but not for 00. The Gundam 00 mangas will be set in 00's past (00P), present (00P) and future (00V), so in terms of any occurences that'll be presented in the manga will be considered canon along with the events of the series. They are considered "sidestories" afterall, and not "adaptations" , which the CG manga (Nightmare of Nunally and Suzaku of the Counterattack) are.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote