AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-04-02, 22:02   Link #1701
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
This is something that sort of confuses me. It's not exactly hard to skip the recap episodes, so why should they drag down a show to any great degree?
Because there are recap episodes that are completely recaps (The Destiny Special episode that was never released on DVD, the TM Revolution narrated one in Seed, etc.), part recap with new footages and insights (the Dullindal recap episode, the Athrun one and the Meer one), half recap/half new episodes (the Seed episode featuring Erica Simmons), and so on. Its unfortunately impossible to tell if an episode is going to be completely recycled or not until you actually watch the darn thing.
Old 2009-04-02, 22:16   Link #1702
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Because there are recap episodes that are completely recaps (The Destiny Special episode that was never released on DVD, the TM Revolution narrated one in Seed, etc.), part recap with new footages and insights (the Dullindal recap episode, the Athrun one and the Meer one), half recap/half new episodes (the Seed episode featuring Erica Simmons), and so on. Its unfortunately impossible to tell if an episode is going to be completely recycled or not until you actually watch the darn thing.
And for those episodes who are half-recycled, after watching it, you felt as if you've just wasted part of your life. Though small, it adds up as the episodes pile up.
Old 2009-04-02, 23:08   Link #1703
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila-chan
As much as Gundam this vs Gundam that, this topic is entirely off coursed now. After 3 years, we should just bury this thread. There's nothing to talk about, especially pertaining to Gundam SEED 3 (hence the thread, Gundam SEED trilogy).
While the OP and title of this thread are overly optimistic, there still supposedly is a Seed movie on the way, and that would certainly qualify as the third part of a trilogy. And given that there are still lots of people posting on this topic, it's quite clear that there is plenty to talk about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
The recaps don't only occur for those whole episodes. Almost every episode begins with a clip show akin to "Previously on ......". THOSE are the ones that tick me off. It's not very pleasant having to keep adjusting the video to determine whether a part of the ep is new.
If you're talking about the constant (incessant! ) flashbacks, I can definitely see where you're coming from. If you're talking about the quick recap introdcutions, I can't recall very much about them, so I don't think that they were all that intrusive.

Quote:
I'm not sure if most of these are that much of a deal either. Recaps are much like regular episodes in that they can be quite decent or even outright excellent if executed properly; a few of the Destiny ones - Fates and Meer - are quite good indeed. If you don't like what you're seeing in the recap, they're safe enough to skip outright. I sort of see the point if viewers are skipping through an episode to try figuring out whether any of it is new material, but I can't ever imagining doing that kind of thing myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Here in Asia, the word 'True' refers to the ultimate form. When I say 'to become a true mecha fan', its an impossible thing, because to attain the truth, you must have followed the path all the way without stopping. And the path to truth is neverending. But at the same time, the path itself is the truth, and the one who stayed on it, is one who is true. I have followed mecha all my life, I consider myself a true mecha fan, because I'm constantly on this path.
This sounds a lot like "you've got to be a mecha fanatic in order to say anything about mecha anime" to me. Is there any purpose behind this kind of snobbery, or should I just go ahead and kill it all?
Old 2009-04-03, 00:45   Link #1704
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I don't mind showing the same flashbacks, but with the focus on different characters. Their thoughts and feelings may be different from what the other parties expect. No harm there.
Old 2009-04-03, 03:26   Link #1705
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran;2316273[COLOR="Blue"
This sounds a lot like "you've got to be a mecha fanatic in order to say anything about mecha anime" to me. Is there any purpose behind this kind of snobbery, or should I just go ahead and kill it all?[/COLOR]
Of course there was something behind it, but you're not interested anyway.

Hey you're the Gundam mod, please do what you think you want to do. Besides I've already said I'm not carrying on with anymore discussion, so you can do whatever you like.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 09:36   Link #1706
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
In all forms of passions and practices, there's always different levels of involvement and contributions.

The word is respect, a word that has been long forgotten over time.

I'll respect anyone who has a greater passion than me, anyone who knows more on the subject than me. But I also respect anyone who has the same passion or wishes to join this passion that we have, in this case mecha. The respect is the same if its established.

But respect can be broken, as in this case, KLAC, who thinks he knows alot and is spouting nonsense all over the place. He loses my respect for him and thus I have to sound rude and condescending.

But you, Sir Dearka, I do respect you and acknowledge you as a mecha fan, especially since you understand that passion can bring one that far.
I feel flattered, but in my opinion you should really reconsider your approach and the way you address some people who often deserve at least basic respect instead of being called trolling morons.

As for the topic itself, I was convinced it may be used not only to speculate the "eventual" third big installment of the series, but also to comment on the whole CE in general.

We all know theyre won't probably be a third series in the nearest future. But surely, I won't give up hope about the movie. Unless something really tragic happens...
Old 2009-05-18, 13:16   Link #1707
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Hello,

I want to know if there is any news about the seed movie ?
Old 2009-05-18, 17:28   Link #1708
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Hello,

I want to know if there is any news about the seed movie ?
Not since the Morosawa event appearance in like January or something where she confirmed that it was still being made.
Old 2009-05-18, 21:18   Link #1709
ATP

As I am new here, I am not sure if my opinion would offend anyone, but... from what I know, it is best that Gundam SEED stops right there before it's too late. Already people on Youtube are comparing GSD to the disgrace known as Twilight (And that means, mmhmm, Edward "Do I Sparkle You" Cullen = Kira "Jesus" Yamato, to these guys.), and this doesn't bid well to the Gundam-loyal community as well as the general series' reputation.

Suffice to say, GSD has already been a disgrace to the Gundam name and I'd rather stick to the Super Robot Wars canon interpretation for a better plot.

If the series push on with the third instalment, however, I'll just hope they don't name it after Mu's Akatsuki Gundam (Akatsuki = BREAKING DAWN, which brings about bad mental images).

Not that it's happenning though
ATP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 03:53   Link #1710
elindir
Overreacher

You're not alone with your opinion around here either. Take a look at this thread!
Old 2009-05-19, 04:08   Link #1711
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Not since the Morosawa event appearance in like January or something where she confirmed that it was still being made.
Thanks for the answer. I hope we will have some news soon
Old 2009-05-19, 13:46   Link #1712
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATP View Post
from what I know, it is best that Gundam SEED stops right there before it's too late. Already people on Youtube are comparing GSD to the disgrace known as Twilight (And that means, mmhmm, Edward "Do I Sparkle You" Cullen = Kira "Jesus" Yamato, to these guys.), and this doesn't bid well to the Gundam-loyal community as well as the general series' reputation.

Suffice to say, GSD has already been a disgrace to the Gundam name and I'd rather stick to the Super Robot Wars canon interpretation for a better plot.
How does any of that matter? If anyone is interested in a new CE show, then they should watch it if it comes out. Otherwise, they don't have to watch it. Don't worry about what other people say, including people on Youtube.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 03:49   Link #1713
tetsuo69

still no news on any project for C.E?
Old 2009-05-28, 07:34   Link #1714
justavisitor

the reaction from internet about GSD is pretty bad...however I don't know the opinion from outside of internet...So I don't know what would the director think about GSD..if he thinks it like the opinion from internet (he thinks he fails XD), naturally he would want to do something classic or epic in the movie in order to save his grace...and that probably means he would put Kira to a very dangerous situation, like pushing huge rock, blocking gun shots, jump down the cliff to save Lacus etc ...and as a Kira fan, I don't want Kira to suffer similar fate like what Amuro encounters in CCA

So I don't mind if there is no new project, currently the ending is happily forever thereafter XD, and that is fine for me

(Actually now you think about it, the only problem in GSD is family issue...it's about the chairman, his "wife" and his "son" (Rey), peace comes again when that chaotic family dies together...sound cruel eh )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 02:45   Link #1715
Neku
yare yare..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATP View Post
As I am new here, I am not sure if my opinion would offend anyone, but... from what I know, it is best that Gundam SEED stops right there before it's too late. Already people on Youtube are comparing GSD to the disgrace known as Twilight (And that means, mmhmm, Edward "Do I Sparkle You" Cullen = Kira "Jesus" Yamato, to these guys.), and this doesn't bid well to the Gundam-loyal community as well as the general series' reputation.

If the series push on with the third instalment, however, I'll just hope they don't name it after Mu's Akatsuki Gundam (Akatsuki = BREAKING DAWN, which brings about bad mental images).

Not that it's happenning though
LMAO.
So YouTubers has turned into professional critics since their opinions actually matter.

Internet is powderful.
Old 2009-06-03, 15:43   Link #1716
Kirbyeggs
Even in Death I Serve

well what i want is more cagalli SEED mode in a strike rouge UWSP and doing something but really ill take what they can give..

The gundams in GSD were pretty cool with the Destiny, Destroy, and Gaia, i liked their design, especially Destiny.
The GSD music was great if you ask me, some of the composed pieces were really cool in AvZII.

also Kira looks better in a ZAFT uniform and even in the pilot suit, go watch the episode in Alaska and he looks cooler that with the EA suit on.

But no matter what people say about GSD, GS was still great in my book.
Old 2009-06-04, 11:04   Link #1717
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
if only they could make Kira grew a beard & wears a ninja-like outfit, complete with his "ninjitsu" & martial art skills & pilots an N Dagger or any other ninja-related MS in the C.E. universe, & with Shin as his accidental student.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 11:15   Link #1718
X207
Gamyūsa

i wouldn't mind seeing a seed movie where kira dies for real without last minute miracles to save his butt. that would really spur character growth to get them to step up more. though seeing how popular he is they probably wont go that far. it would be acceptable if he was put off to the side to let others do his task istead of his stealing the show.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 04:41   Link #1719
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

What is the official status of the seed movie?
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 10:47   Link #1720
4Tran

About the only actual official information about the Seed movie is that Sunrise is supposed to make an announcement about it sometime this year. In other words, there's nothing.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep