AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-29, 02:25   Link #2141
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed_Seinaru_Migi View Post
So they able to recruit Misaki and Gunha..yeah...i think the Author just want to give there both more scene.....and about Accelerator joining there should ask Touma to ask Accelerator to join some kind demonstration ....LOL....
Makes sense, both Gunha and Misaki probably won't be in the Index main story for awhile if ever, so Railgun is a good opportunity to use them. Maybe this is why we didn't get to see Misaki in the Daihaisensai competitions as she's too busy with this demonstration.

Mikoto being the main Heroine of Railgun, will get involved no matter if she takes part in the Level 5 Demo or not.

Accelerator I strongly doubt he'll be involved in this upcoming arc... That's not to say it's completely impossible, if people recall there was a small cameo of Last Order during the Daihaisensai when Touma was trying to figure out where Oriana would be heading to active the Cross.

Which would leave Mugino and Kakine... I honestly can't see either of them going through with this, but I don't want to rule out the possibility of them doing something either.
Old 2011-08-29, 03:18   Link #2142
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Summary:

Spoiler:
I will add here:
Spoiler for continuation of summary:

Quote:
Makes sense, both Gunha and Misaki probably won't be in the Index main story for awhile if ever, so Railgun is a good opportunity to use them. Maybe this is why we didn't get to see Misaki in the Daihaisensai competitions as she's too busy with this demonstration.

Mikoto being the main Heroine of Railgun, will get involved no matter if she takes part in the Level 5 Demo or not.

Accelerator I strongly doubt he'll be involved in this upcoming arc... That's not to say it's completely impossible, if people recall there was a small cameo of Last Order during the Daihaisensai when Touma was trying to figure out where Oriana would be heading to active the Cross.

Which would leave Mugino and Kakine... I honestly can't see either of them going through with this, but I don't want to rule out the possibility of them doing something either.
In the end both Gunha and Misaki won't participate and Misaka will have to do the show all by herself.

Accel will get involved only if LO convinces him (to do something "good" for other children)
Kakine is on some mission so he will certainly not show up, unless he finishes it first.
Mugino is possible to show up, if they choose a different approach of contacting her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
AND WHERE THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE GET CHINESE CHAPTERS DAMMIT
I was the one that posted it on 4chan (can't post it here..), I have them from dm5 or kukudm (which is faster; kukudm was this time)
Old 2011-09-01, 16:36   Link #2143
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ I don't think talking about that is allowed on the forum.
Old 2011-09-02, 21:12   Link #2144
Breidaluk

talk about what?
Old 2011-09-02, 21:15   Link #2145
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
talk about what?
English scans, because technically the manga is licensed.

Personally I don't care, we could just call it [Echo Sierra] as a code word
Old 2011-09-02, 22:21   Link #2146
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I must say putting Gunha and Misaki in a set is just an absolutely terrible idea. Hotblooded idoit meets manipulative hataguro.... nothing good comes out when these two types of persona meets. This is worse than putting Mugino together with Misaka. The committee is so going to regret this.....
Old 2011-09-02, 22:30   Link #2147
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
Quote:
English scans, because technically the manga is licensed.

Personally I don't care, we could just call it [Echo Sierra] as a code word
so there will be no english scan in mangafox again??
Old 2011-09-02, 23:47   Link #2148
judasmartel
*Author

Spoiler for Fighter-Mage-Thief Trope Applied to Judgment:
Old 2011-09-03, 04:12   Link #2149
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by julioalqae View Post
so there will be no english scan in mangafox again??
Only if Licenser asks them to remove them. Quite a few licensed Manga are still there because the licenser don't mind it.
Old 2011-09-03, 04:39   Link #2150
Sandinwater

Guys I know this probably means nothing to you all, but I now officially have A Certain Scientific Railgun.
And instead of Touma saying "Fokua Da!" or "Such Misfortune!" he says "I have no luck!" talk about creativity right? wrong.

Last edited by Sandinwater; 2011-09-03 at 04:53.
Old 2011-09-03, 06:10   Link #2151
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Sucks that we might not get scans because no one can

-scan the Japanese raw.
-translate the Chinese raw.
Old 2011-09-03, 07:44   Link #2152
leukrota

^ This has been bothering me for a while... why do some people talk about a 'Chinese raw'?, is this manga published in Chinese too?
Old 2011-09-03, 08:03   Link #2153
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
^ This has been bothering me for a while... why do some people talk about a 'Chinese raw'?, is this manga published in Chinese too?
No, it's chinese scanlation.
But the moonrunes are so similar, that some people just mistake it as same thing.

On top of that chineses are greedy and don't release the japanese raw,
which results in chinese versions released first, and this only adds to the confusion.
Old 2011-09-03, 08:19   Link #2154
Drifting Wolf

^ I'm Chinese and I resent that bias. A lot.
Old 2011-09-03, 08:21   Link #2155
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In addition, yes the manga is also published in Chinese.

Both Index Manga and Light Novel, as well as Railgun have been published in Chinese.
Old 2011-09-03, 08:55   Link #2156
leukrota

I see... I'm guessing that the Chinese publications are translations by a different company, right? so those would be naturally deferred? Meaning that the Chinese versions of the recent chapters are indeed scanlations, correct?

... still, what a shame that there aren't Japanese scans yet (or Chinese-English translator working on Railgun.)
Old 2011-09-03, 09:50   Link #2157
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
On top of that chineses are greedy and don't release the japanese raw,
which results in chinese versions released first, and this only adds to the confusion.
It's completely unnatural for a scanlation site or anything to release a raw along the scanlation work, I can roughly think of something like 5 times of that having happened in my internet life. Heck, in fact I think that most people get the chinese version from image uploaders and such, which have no direct relation to the scanlators... I think?

Also, people don't have to be self conscious about it. Are you telling me that when you are reading something online is a darn shame that people can't read it on Abu Dhabi or something?
Old 2011-09-03, 10:24   Link #2158
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandinwater View Post
Guys I know this probably means nothing to you all, but I now officially have A Certain Scientific Railgun.
And instead of Touma saying "Fokua Da!" or "Such Misfortune!" he says "I have no luck!" talk about creativity right? wrong.
I have it too and I've read around their forums... they say it's some sort of translation's style or something... IDK.

But the good thing at least is I get to see Mikoto say son of a *bleep*. XD
Old 2011-09-04, 10:44   Link #2159
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I see... I'm guessing that the Chinese publications are translations by a different company, right? so those would be naturally deferred? Meaning that the Chinese versions of the recent chapters are indeed scanlations, correct?
The Chinese official translations are produced by Kadokawa Taiwan, and it seems that they are only up to the sixth tankobon (as there has not been anything too new out for a while; the Index novel is only up to 20 iirc)

Quote:
... still, what a shame that there aren't Japanese scans yet (or Chinese-English translator working on Railgun.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Sucks that we might not get scans because no one can

-scan the Japanese raw.
-translate the Chinese raw.
Don't look at me.

No seriously, there's this doujin on the Haruhi forum that I took to translating, and I'm only near half done. After at least 7 months.
Old 2011-09-04, 15:12   Link #2160
ellifeedn
Thinker

@ Okashira: You have the wrong thread. You want to say that in the Index manga thread.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen