AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-04-19, 22:32   Link #61
Thursaz

Well, they're going into the New World, aren't they? Hard times are expected (Although chances are the Mugiwaras will still meet some weaklings who managed to get through the Red Line by some miraculous chance)

Smoker and Aokiji are still relatively powerful. Aokiji will probably, at least, be the thrid-to-last or second-to-last boss fight. Smoker... I don't know. Maybe in the middle of the Shichibukai fight. Or maybe he'll fight Dragon (though that's unlikely...)

As for Blackbeard, I don't know. There's something strange about him I haven't put my finger on yet. Is there two of him or something? o-o

Yeah, I know, I'm mixing up things. >>

So basically, it's likely that either Cody or Blackbeard will be the final boss (Unless it's Shanks, what with the whole "start with this, end with this" theme that some anime/books have.)

I don't think it'll be that simple, though. When Robin uncovers the True History, things might get a little hectic and twisted.
Thursaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 21:26   Link #62
ModokiBunny
*Fansubber

Well the way the story is going now, Aokiji will not get involved with the Strawhats anymore unless Nico Robin decides to do betray again, which is unlikely. Considering that he is a admiral, he is the only admiral who doesnt follow orders, and act on his own

Luffy will most likely meet smoker again, i can't predict an outcome to that.

Blackbeard will probably kill Whitebeard somehow to take the strongest pirate title as it might seem that obvious. In the end it will probably be Blackbeard or Shanks.

(I still don't get why Blackbeard is a Shichibukai and is listed as the 4th Yonkou.)

Cody? Honestly, Luffy will see him again but it will be more of a feelings battle than one of brute strength.

Side note: Let's not forget Kaidou, he has yet to make an appearance.
ModokiBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 00:06   Link #63
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModokiBunny View Post
Well the way the story is going now, Aokiji will not get involved with the Strawhats anymore unless Nico Robin decides to do betray again, which is unlikely. Considering that he is a admiral, he is the only admiral who doesnt follow orders, and act on his own
We still don't know what Kizaru's personality is like, so it is not yet safe to assume that Aokiji is the only admiral who doesn't follow orders and acts on his own.

Quote:
(I still don't get why Blackbeard is a Shichibukai and is listed as the 4th Yonkou.)
What gave you the idea that Blackbeard is listed as the 4th Yonkou? The 4th Yonkou hasn't even been revealed yet.
Old 2008-04-29, 17:48   Link #64
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Shanks is really strong but now that we know he is a Yanko . IMHO he has consumed a devil's fruit . Also Yanko and Shibuckachi technically shouldn't get along but we saw Mihawk and Shanks get along well .
Old 2008-04-29, 19:50   Link #65
naruto89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Shanks is really strong but now that we know he is a Yanko . IMHO he has consumed a devil's fruit . Also Yanko and Shibuckachi technically shouldn't get along but we saw Mihawk and Shanks get along well .
hey geta, well he could possibly have a devil fruit power now but we know that he didnt have one in the past due to him swimming to save luffy against that sea-king.

Im more inclined to think that shanks and other upper power characters like the yonkou, garp etc may have a diiferent form of power and unique fighting styles, relating to the manifestation of their aura like zorro's asura.

I wonder if shanks was a yonkou, when he visited luffy's hometown?
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 19:13   Link #66
Paraden1989

I think it would be cool if they explain Shank's past in the New World, so we can find out he importance of the straw hat!

I kind of think it would be funny if they land on Sniper Island (the home land of Sogeking). i mean Duval's face was Sanji's wanted poster picture. I would also LOVE to see the Straw Hats land on Wano Country, the land where Ryuma came from, because i think it would be cool it see Zoro in a swordsmen paradise!
Paraden1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 11:48   Link #67
mydecember
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
I wonder if shanks was a yonkou
He is, isn't he?
mydecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 11:54   Link #68
Blaine

Yes shanks is still a Yonkou
Old 2008-06-09, 18:09   Link #69
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Yes shanks is still a Yonkou
naruto89 asked if Shanks was an emperor when he visited Luffy's hometown 10 years ago; in which case, we do not know if he was at the time.
Old 2008-09-18, 17:41   Link #70
Paraden1989

wouldn't it be cool if Zeff was one of the Yonkou!
Paraden1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 15:49   Link #71
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer View Post
I hope that means you were joking with me in that first line <> If not, I am saying I am curious how they are going to get a 50ton ship past a solid chunk of land. Oda has not indicated anything like a panama canal so far.
Haven't you read the part where they were talking about coating the ship and going under the red line into the New World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
I think The Will Of D will be explained sooner than later in the New World since it might have a big thing to do in the new world, we will see the Straw Hats fight opponents that I don't even want to think about.
Ahhh. Yes. I almost forgot about that will of D. stuff. Very important. Yeah. Robin will definitely find that out. And I support the throey that says that the ancient civilization was actually the Nation of D. or somehting, and all the D's are escaped descendants of the ancient Civilization of the Void Era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
The New World; Where Luffy will fight Red-Haired Shanks.
Very VERY VERY highly doubt. Can you really see Shanks and Luffy having a serious fight? What I see coming is a team up of Luffy and Shanks to own Whitebeard, or something like that, since Oda already hinted at this fight, when Luffy tells ace :"I'll just Fight him". (When they were talking about to each other, and Ace gave Luffy the Biblicard,)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
...and Whitebeard, and Dragon, and Blackbeard, and Smoker, and whatever other crazy new villains Oda comes up with.

Anyways, I'm hoping that the Straw-Hats visit the Wano Country (where Samurai Ryuuma originally came from). From what I gather, it's a Japanese-themed place, and we haven't had any island of that theme yet in the series....
Not really sure you can classify Smoker as a Villain, but it's a definite must see fight: Why? Because Smoker was placed froward as something Luffy admits he can't beat. And then he consistently chases Luffy around. Smoker is going to be used as a power-gauge for Luffy when Luffy ebentually get stronger after the current arc, or whenever, but Oda won't leave tha lose end just flying in the air. Luffy will HAVE to beat Smoker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
Luffy will take down the shichibukai one by one (zoro reserves hawk eyes).

Eventually he is invited into it but refuses.

Luffy will then either assist or solely deafeat one or two of the great 4 emporers.

Dragon will take care of another one.

Luffy finds location of one piece. Shanks is crippled, therefore cannot fight Luffy.

I can imagine one piece being hidden back in the east blue.
Something tells me you're frogetting when Shanks and Whitebeard crossed swords the HEAVENS were cleaved asunder...????

Shanks is definitey a fearsome opponent. Don't underestimate him at all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
That is very possible, i can imagine the final ark being a race back to luffy's hometown

there will be a secret intrance under a floormat, a the D's meeting place. there luffy will learn the purpose of D. also he will unlock Manguyuku gomu gomu
AmateGomu!!! { Luffy punches in Gear 2, and the opponent catches on a fire that releases black smoke!!}

TsukuGomu!!! { Luffy punches his opponent and their eyes turn red and they start Hallucinating all less than a second!!!}

SusanuGomu!!! { Err...GEAR 4 !!! PWNZ0r3D!!!!!}

These three are the legendary Gomu Gomu attacks, that are faster than the eye can see !!!!

Quote:

Cody? Honestly, Luffy will see him again but it will be more of a feelings battle than one of brute strength.
You are seriously underestimating both Coby and Oda's genius mind...

In the short space of time that Luffy and Co took to reach practically the end of the first half of Grand Line, Coby has mastered SORU.

I think that says enough about Coby...

All things considered, One piece's final chapters will DEFINITELY be something fantastic to see...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 22:44   Link #72
scifijimmy

The leader of the Amazon Lilies calls herself a "Pirate Empress." Any think she's one of the remaining unknown of the 4.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 19:51   Link #73
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Hmm, there remain two emperor's who've yet to have an appearance, one of whom's name has not yet even been revieled.

From what we have seen of Shanks and Whitebeard... well, they don't really seem to do much of anything. Yes, Whitebeard is currently leading an invasion against the World Government but only because he was provoked.

I speculate that for the most part they serve as sentinels to the New World, possibly even to One Piece itself. Rayleign does state that the only member of Roger's crew officially captured was Roger himself, perhaps each of the Emperors was once part of his crew and are now serving as guard to his greatest treasure(I know at least Shank was an apprentice under Roger, we don't know anything about the other Yonkou so anything goes with them, its only Whitebeard who breaks this mold as I'm pretty confident he was his own captain around the same time as Roger).

But for whatever reason, these guys seem to be the watchdogs of the New World. Kaido was said to have taken down Moria in the New World by the grand Shichibukai himself though a reason was never supplied. Maybe he just wasn't worthy to sail thier great sea...
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 16:12   Link #74
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifijimmy View Post
The leader of the Amazon Lilies calls herself a "Pirate Empress." Any think she's one of the remaining unknown of the 4.

While Hancock's title is certainly "Pirate Empress", her turning out to be a Yonkou is questionable for a couple of reasons:

1. She's a Shichibukai, which is already one of the Three World Powers. The Yonkou is a different World Power entirely. It wouldn't really make much sense for the same pirate to belong to two different great powers, since any one of them has their own great benefits. If it weren't the case, then Blackbeard wouldn't be so eager to become a Shichibukai himself....

2. The Yonkou all reside in the New World. Hancock, on the other hand, resides in an island on the Calm Belt. Maybe she did travel to the New World with her crew.... we don't know yet. But still, it's already been stated that all four emporers have sovereignty over the New World specifically.

So yeah, I doubt that she's one of the Yonkou. She's just a seperate "pirate empress" entirely....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 16:46   Link #75
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
But for whatever reason, these guys seem to be the watchdogs of the New World. Kaido was said to have taken down Moria in the New World by the grand Shichibukai himself though a reason was never supplied. Maybe he just wasn't worthy to sail thier great sea...
Well, presumably the Yonkou are all looking for One Piece, or at least started their journey searching for One Piece. And since we know that One Piece can only be found in the area known as the "New World", the Yonkou have to stay in this area searching for Roger's treasure.

That being said, maybe the pirates just want a section of the world to themselves .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 20:54   Link #76
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Well, presumably the Yonkou are all looking for One Piece, or at least started their journey searching for One Piece. And since we know that One Piece can only be found in the area known as the "New World", the Yonkou have to stay in this area searching for Roger's treasure.

That being said, maybe the pirates just want a section of the world to themselves .
I'd rather think against them all being in competition for the One Piece simply because if people like them can't reach it, just what kind of monstrousity actually guards the Pirate King's treasure?

I'm at least sure Whitebeard has been on the sea possibly dating back to Roger's time, I'd think by now he'd have found a way to reach Raftle and the end of the Grand Line. If not... then Luffy has quite a bit of work ahead of him.

I'll retract my earlier statement, this is something Oda would do just to mount stronger offense against the Strawhats. It's not easy being King, it's even harder getting there...
Old 2008-10-15, 20:58   Link #77
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Sorry, kind of neglected this point of your's.

That's not bad really, it goes with the theme of them being a "world power" despite how divided they seem. I'd rather not see them as active pursuers of One Piece, at least not at this point in the storyline, so this is a good alternative.
Old 2008-10-15, 21:06   Link #78
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

I'm just spamming this forums tonight...

Wouldn't it be interesting to see Oda base an island in the New World on the American colonies? It's really obvious, but it has potential.

Thy could be a newly founded island nation freshly separated from the World Government. I'd imagine by means of some kind of revolution which would be an exciting idea in itself.

Who's the world famous Revolutionary?

It would be interesting to visit a place in the aftermath of Dragon's appearance, jus to get a glimpse at what this revolution is really doing.
Old 2008-10-16, 18:00   Link #79
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
I'm just spamming this forums tonight...
LOL

Well: Here's something we could all chew on for now: I'm going back to that point raised by someone above me:

he said: "What kind of monster actually guards One Piece?"

It ne'er occured ta me that thar be monsters in those there waters...aaaarg

I'd always thought that the last island was just going to be a really dark, and cave-filled place with a bog tunnel, and at the end, in the middle of a room, will be a huge huge room filled with...err...a life time supply of tuna puffs!!!

But honestly: now that I think about it: why hasn't even Whitebeard reached One Piece yet? It actually makes no sense. Grand Line couldnt be that hard that a man who was around while Gol D. Roger was still travelling in his prime hasn't yet reached it.

This tells me One Piece indeed is gonna have another 500+ chapters...

There's really no doubt in my mind. And you know the best thing?

The action won't even slow down by one fraction of a second!! That's the mastermind-genius that is eichiro oda!!

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 20:44   Link #80
marvelB

Time to bring forth a subject I first brought up in the "strongest in Whitebeard's crew" thread: Who's the goofball of the Yonkou? So far, Shanks and Whitebeard proved to be pretty serious characters (though Shanks is somewhat lazy), so that leaves Kaidou or the last unnamed Yonkou to take that particular mantle. My guess is that the guy with the fat face (be he Kaidou or the unnamed guy) is the goofy one. After all, EVERY group/organization introduced in this series so far has had at least one goofball to balance things out....

...And speaking of groups, I'm very much interested in learning more about the other two Yonkous' crews, particularly Kaidou's. Maybe his men had a hand in decimating Moria's old crew.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote