AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-06-25, 12:49   Link #981
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Wow,... this chapter was 100% fan service. It had virtually nothing to do with progressing the plot, it was all to see the 3 loli's naked that was it.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 13:08   Link #982
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
I think you bring up a point which no one has thought of yet; might Mimi, with her shared similarities with Reiji, be able to cure him? Perhaps, although in fairness there are many reasons why this wouldn't work (which may be why no one brought it up):

1) Reiji is obsessed with Rin.
2) Mimi is the weakest of the three girls in terms of emotional strength. Her growth (helped a great deal by Reiji and Rin, inadvertently) is a recent event, and its doubtful whether she has the capacity or maturity to "heal" Reiji.
3) If helping Reiji implies doing so through a romantic relationship then it opens a whole new can of worms.
4)If Mimi can help Reiji come to his senses through friendship, that would be the ideal Happy Ending.

All in all its a long shot, but aside from Mimi, Reiji really has no positive relationship with any of the other characters in the story. If not her (or Rin), then he's doomed.
Thanks! It was one of those wild thoughts that could actually make sense Anyway to answer your points...

1. That obsession is what Reiji's supposed to be cured from.

2. In the end, it's best that Reiji heals himself, but Mimi could provide a catalyst. I don't know if it would be something due to her current "weakness" or perhaps her growth would enable her to do something.

3. NO WAY NOT WITH MIMI!!! It doesn't help at all.

4. Yes I was thinking more of this. We were promised a happy ending, weren't we?
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 16:28   Link #983
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Chapter 38 was erm...how should I put this...fluffy?
Even with the hints and such I did find it rather pointless though.

And where did all the censoring smoke go...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 16:40   Link #984
rdobet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Wow,... this chapter was 100% fan service. It had virtually nothing to do with progressing the plot, it was all to see the 3 loli's naked that was it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Chapter 38 was erm...how should I put this...fluffy?
Even with the hints and such I did find it rather pointless though.

And where did all the censoring smoke go...
i agree with both of you this chapter is pointless he could have used the loli nudity and still progressed the plot

and boo to thee censoring smoke
rdobet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 17:12   Link #985
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I didn't find it pointless at all. Mimi has changed since she was a constant victim. This chapter showcases how.

The event with Rin's father and her subsequent decision to marry Reiji obviously changed many things. The last few chapters introduce us to the new situation.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 20:41   Link #986
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdobet View Post
i agree with both of you this chapter is pointless he could have used the loli nudity and still progressed the plot

and boo to thee censoring smoke
The mangaka is watashiya kaworu. She is a woman. I did not know at first, but was happy when I found it was a woman.

And you guys are really ragging on the fluff, lol. I remember lots of people were like, the story is getting to depressing and that it needed some "lighter moments, but now, some are like watashiya wasted a month giving us this...Even if it didn't advance the plot (which it did), it was still I highly enjoyable chapter, lots of laughs, right? Do I have a warped sense of humor?

@Anh_Minh
Very good observation... the only thing I thought was progressing the story before reading your post was the fact that mimi's self esteem got a boost this chapter. Which, IMO, is very important as her character has been constantly shown beating her own self up over her body and her situations.

@Cal-Reflector
Oh, okay I agree with that fully! I would not have put her in "might help reinjii" category for the exact reason you list... Well the only difference is, I actually want them to hook up. I want her to be happy with reinji and for kuro-chan to be happy with shiro-chan (although her and aoki is pretty hot.... ) Of course rin with aoki and boin sensei being the mistress. No but seriously. I am not sure about the rest of them, but reinji x mimi really is the only solution in my mind. They are the only 2 people with no other options, or should I say no body else to like, but who they currently like, if rin leaves reinji then he has no one (the office chick, but you know I mean main characters), if reinji is taken from mimi she has no one else to like. Everyone else in the story has another person besides their main interest (except boin sensei... actually if aoki is taken from her what will happen...oh yea she is fully loaded... but story wise she would be in the same boat as mimi or reiji, maybe I've shot my theory in it's metaphorical foot, lol).

But.... there are not enough characters to go around (for everyone to be happy), maybe watashiya will pull a 10 or 11 volume story with this one and introduce a new character or 2 for someone else to be involved with... What do you guys think? Will it be a sad ending for 1 or 2 of the characters, or will watashiya add some new love interests. I know KnJ is the flagship manga for Comic High! ( or is hitahira...is there a comic high discussion thread?), so maybe they want her to make it a long story, so readers will be exposed to other comic high stories (like I was) for as long as possible.
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 22:43   Link #987
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
The mangaka is watashiya kaworu. She is a woman. I did not know at first, but was happy when I found it was a woman.

And you guys are really ragging on the fluff, lol. I remember lots of people were like, the story is getting to depressing and that it needed some "lighter moments, but now, some are like watashiya wasted a month giving us this...Even if it didn't advance the plot (which it did), it was still I highly enjoyable chapter, lots of laughs, right? Do I have a warped sense of humor?
I'm surprised a lot of people still don't know that...

That happens to a lot of series out there really no matter what kind of story it is people will always find a reason to rag on it. I however have learned to ignore such people...
Old 2008-06-26, 09:25   Link #988
sumowow

Quote:

@Anh_Minh
Very good observation... the only thing I thought was progressing the story before reading your post was the fact that mimi's self esteem got a boost this chapter. Which, IMO, is very important as her character has been constantly shown beating her own self up over her body and her situations.

@Cal-Reflector
Oh, okay I agree with that fully! I would not have put her in "might help reinjii" category for the exact reason you list... Well the only difference is, I actually want them to hook up. I want her to be happy with reinji and for kuro-chan to be happy with shiro-chan (although her and aoki is pretty hot.... ) Of course rin with aoki and boin sensei being the mistress. No but seriously. I am not sure about the rest of them, but reinji x mimi really is the only solution in my mind. They are the only 2 people with no other options, or should I say no body else to like, but who they currently like, if rin leaves reinji then he has no one (the office chick, but you know I mean main characters), if reinji is taken from mimi she has no one else to like. Everyone else in the story has another person besides their main interest (except boin sensei... actually if aoki is taken from her what will happen...oh yea she is fully loaded... but story wise she would be in the same boat as mimi or reiji, maybe I've shot my theory in it's metaphorical foot, lol).

But.... there are not enough characters to go around (for everyone to be happy), maybe watashiya will pull a 10 or 11 volume story with this one and introduce a new character or 2 for someone else to be involved with... What do you guys think? Will it be a sad ending for 1 or 2 of the characters, or will watashiya add some new love interests. I know KnJ is the flagship manga for Comic High! ( or is hitahira...is there a comic high discussion thread?), so maybe they want her to make it a long story, so readers will be exposed to other comic high stories (like I was) for as long as possible.
Yea, i was thinking maybe watashiya should add another character into the story as well. It just seems like there's room for more people to come into the story and help advance the plot. It could probably be a new transfer student from america that would have a crush on kuro...oh the hilarious events that will unfold.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 11:10   Link #989
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowow View Post
Yea, i was thinking maybe watashiya should add another character into the story as well. It just seems like there's room for more people to come into the story and help advance the plot. It could probably be a new transfer student from america that would have a crush on kuro...oh the hilarious events that will unfold.

Oh a transfer student from america, lolol. That would be the best. Its so easy to have a crush on kuro-chan, she is moe extract! But that would be too awesome! kuro-chan is already the main source of humor in the story, if she added someone to play off of kuro-chan it would be so crazy, lol.
Old 2008-06-26, 12:25   Link #990
Cal-Reflector

The core cast of this story is made up of 7 characters: 3 teachers, 1 parent, and 3 kids. Aoki Shiro Houin Reiji Rin Mimi and Kuro.

Rin, Reiji, and Aoki are the core, core characters. Then comes Shiro-sensei, whose development is a semi-related side plot. The others are actually reoccurring support characters.

Three true main characters seems a too few. Then again, depending on how the plot develops some of the support characters can have their roles elevated to where they have a true impact on the story. If the Aoki-Houin-Shiro relationship heats up or if Reiji and Mimi come into contact more often.
Old 2008-06-26, 14:06   Link #991
sumowow

Quote:
Oh a transfer student from america, lolol. That would be the best. Its so easy to have a crush on kuro-chan, she is moe extract! But that would be too awesome! kuro-chan is already the main source of humor in the story, if she added someone to play off of kuro-chan it would be so crazy, lol.
Yea, i know the american transfer student is overdone but still, it works. Just imagine the already moe and super cute triplets trying to learn english. Also i'd like to see kuro in the situation of her love being foiled instead of her doing the foiling just so she knows how it feels.
Old 2008-06-29, 13:48   Link #992
Feitolicious
mahou shoujo

My friend told me about Kodomo no Jikan, so I started reading it. I like it very much. I like loli Rin <3
Feitolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 00:36   Link #993
Dragonsnake

Whens Chp. 39 coming, soon right? Jeez i hate this one month chapter I almost forgot about this manga , so is everyone else XD *sigh*.
Dragonsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 00:53   Link #994
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsnake View Post
Whens Chp. 39 coming, soon right? Jeez i hate this one month chapter I almost forgot about this manga , so is everyone else XD *sigh*.
I was wondering the same thing as well, and im getting kinda eager to read it. But i cant be picky with something im getting for free.
Old 2008-07-23, 01:44   Link #995
Equidistant

Well after looking at the raw I can tell you that Rin does H-things to a cow and the chapter ends with a cliffhanger.
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 10:14   Link #996
Akarshi

I can't believe that Rin did that with a cow in public....it looked like she was trying to provoke Aoki or something? Anyway, I can't wait for a translation.

(Apparently, we also get some info about Shiro in the past.)
Akarshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 11:01   Link #997
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarshi View Post
I can't believe that Rin did that with a cow in public....it looked like she was trying to provoke Aoki or something? Anyway, I can't wait for a translation.

(Apparently, we also get some info about Shiro in the past.)
I cant seem to find a raw anywhere. Could you atleast post a spoiler pic for those of us who arent as lucky as to have found the raw? It'd be greatly appreciated

Edit: Wow, just wow. I checked it so many times, and the time i actually stopped checking is the time they put it up. Marvelous

Last edited by sumowow; 2008-07-23 at 12:39.
Old 2008-07-23, 12:32   Link #998
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

If you check Saha's site, they have it translated... no need to look for raws....
Old 2008-07-23, 13:20   Link #999
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Wow, wow, wow. I am really really enjoying this chapter. I have never seen this type of fan service and I like it. Maybe I should start looking for kodomo no jikan doujinshii.... Wow, I was so pleased , he he. The beauty, the bountiful beauty....

Please give me more of this watashiya, I wub you so much....
Spoiler for spoiler for size:

Spoiler for little things I noticed:

Thank you watashiya for the sex switch thing again, lol. She did it twice in this chapter, one for the beginning and once in boin's story. Man why is shiro-chan so stacked??? So funny! She slapped the taste out of aoki's mouth, lol.

I really enjoyed this chapter this month. What did you guys think?
Old 2008-07-23, 15:07   Link #1000
Inanimated_object
Live, Love & Learn.

Today's chapter was simply marvelous, it sure did bring the good ol' times when Rin would blow-up Aoki's mind to the skies; nevertheless something he said afterwards bother me...
Spoiler for what he said...:

Putting that aside, it's come clear that Shirai is finally warming up to people, specially men, and it looks like Oyajima is after her (or so it seems).

Also, the fanservice came double this time (one was Houin, and the other was, of course, Rin); and for the end of this awsome chapter? well.... we have the face off between Aoki and Reiji, right now, a lot of thoughts about what might happen fills the mind. Once again, Watashiya sure knows how to put us to the edge of our seats (at least that's where I was after I read this chapter).

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen