AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 15 29.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 27.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-08, 02:04   Link #21
karuroso

hum..it seems the new OP is obviously giving a lot of focus on Ayatsuji more than the other girls, or maybe it's just me... =X not that i'm complaining.
Old 2010-10-08, 02:23   Link #22
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Not a bad episode. Some pretty natural progression.
Spoiler for death stare:
I'll point to Flo's initial post in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
Spoiler for Cameo from another Anime in Amagami? I'm okay with it:
It seems the girl resembles Toko Amano from Bungaku Shoujo... not like I'll mind if she is the same person

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-10-08, 02:41   Link #23
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up GIF Time

I have made the following avatars and GIFs. The first set are just ideas based only on the new OP itself.
Freebies

Originals

Other GIFs
Kaoru blowing on Junichi's ear. What's interesting is that she wearing make up. Makes it more
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/3bb62fa1.gif
Ayatsuji's hair shining
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/039d48b7.gif
As for the GIFs of this episode itself....it starts off with Freebies of Ai.

Originals

A unique one is that of the teacher. It was really a one shot! Really proud of that one since the teacher is almost never seen.

Original
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/23d9a0e9.gif
Teacher's evil eye!

Original
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/f4d071df.gif
Teacher slapping Junichi's ass! ROFL at his reaction.

Original
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/f8fb8975.gif
Miya with that breast describing thing.
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/a2e2ebef.gif
That's it until I do the rest on my BLOG. Episode is 10/10 for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It seems the girl resembles Toko Amano from Bungaku Shoujo... not like I'll mind if she is the same person
Yeah but from the OVAs or Movie?
Old 2010-10-08, 02:42   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ohhhhhh~~! *tears*
Finally get to meet Mya again! (T_T)

New OP... I thought they would just keep the other OP and switch the pictures around, since it seemed pretty fair. This OP makes it look like Ayatsuji is the main heroine or something... (Then again, she is on the game cover and all...)
What's with Haruka's wierd dancing... Aah... My MP...

The episode... was more of the usual (the development felt better placed than the first episode at least). It's been a while (the Haruka arc's shed and feeding stuff) since Junichi did something so retarded. Yeah, say that to the swimming team. You won't be able to go to school the next day...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-10-08, 03:03   Link #25
coderlan
Student

the op is quite good.

>> more likely that Tsukasa is the main heroine of this half; awesome.
Old 2010-10-08, 03:06   Link #26
pikachuwei

hehe haruka dancing is so prettyyyy *drools*

on serious note yeah it seems ayatsuji will be the main heroine of this half

anyone else feel weird about that tense look between ayatsuji and ai? it looked like they were sizing each other up for a fight
Old 2010-10-08, 03:10   Link #27
Divini
Senpai!

One of my favorite episodes I think

- New OP
- Junichi passionately citing a manga as a reason for being late
- Junichi's conversation with the three kohai. Sae getting embarrassed and Ai being all jealous. Best part was Miya, she was simply full of win.
- Junichi's long-winded apology out loud in front of the entire swimming club
- Mask Thunder Kick! WOW that was some airtime
- Ai thinking about Junichi before going to sleep. "I can't wait to see his face tommorow..." So cute...
Old 2010-10-08, 03:14   Link #28
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
hum..it seems the new OP is obviously giving a lot of focus on Ayatsuji more than the other girls, or maybe it's just me... =X not that i'm complaining.
Well, Ayatsuji _is_ the main arc of the game. It's about time to shift the focus in her direction a little bit more

About this episode... I have mixed feelings about it. Ai is right, Junichi IS acting like a huge immature dork most of the time, and that wasn't necessarily so in the manga adaption, which was very different. It bugs me a bit, because it makes immersion much more difficult - I have a hard time "thinking into" him. Ah well.
Old 2010-10-08, 03:26   Link #29
Gault
inc_mplete

I had to pause the video when Jun was confessing at the pool , I was so embarassed that I yelled out "HOLY DUCK F**K, JUN HAS BALLS!" , however when Ai had the belt , was pretty cool I'd say , however I WANT AYATSUJI ALREADY , HURRY UP AND BRING HER TO ME!
Old 2010-10-08, 04:13   Link #30
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I'll point to Flo's initial post in this thread:

They even bothered to bring in the same VA.
Old 2010-10-08, 04:37   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

HOP, STEP, JUMP, MASK THUNDER KICK! The fact that the old school sound effects were added made that scene.

Takahashi-sensei's scene was amazing. At this rate i'd actually pay to see an arc with her as the focus.

& i totally wasn't expecting a new OP.
Old 2010-10-08, 05:07   Link #32
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
anyone else feel weird about that tense look between ayatsuji and ai? it looked like they were sizing each other up for a fight
Yeah it looked like it. Strange as it is I think it was more Ayatsuji that though Ai was picking a fight.
Old 2010-10-08, 05:47   Link #33
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I have to hand it to Junichi though. It takes a tremendous amount of balls to say what he said, and say it convincingly. Anything less and he'd have been mauled to death.
Old 2010-10-08, 06:13   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What? what?! What is Touko doing here? I was wondering who that new member of the Library committee could be, I never would have guessed it was the literature girl herself! That was a very nice and unexpected cameo. The new OP is great, I kind of miss the engrish though.

Now, to watch the rest of the episode...

Edit: Junichi cracks me up so much, probably because he actually acts like a teenager unlike a lot of main characters in anime. He's seriously lacking common sense though but that's what makes him so entertaining. Loved the he ogled his teacher while she lectured him (what are you waiting for? open up her route!), his reaction after seeing Sae's meat buns and his passionate speech about breasts.

Ai was as lovely as ever. That ungrateful little brother of hers is so lucky to have such a sweet sister. She's definitely my favorite heroine so far aside from Miya, but sadly, I guess you can't really count Miya as a heroine.

Last edited by Kanon; 2010-10-08 at 06:46.
Old 2010-10-08, 07:08   Link #35
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just Like A Kid.

Even the cool and composed Nanasaki Ai has some things that gets her down it seems. As we see here she seems to be having brother issues, which I guess is pretty common thing for anyone with a brother sister dynamic at home. Enough for it give her a bit of trouble in her school work. For someone who’s as smart, observant and dedicated as she is, there are still things she can’t understand about people.

That’s why I think her decision to suddenly leave the table after Junichi’s intrusion wasn’t as much a reaction to Junichi’s insinuations about her and Miya’s apparent lack of a sizable cleavage compared to Sae, but also because she clearly saw the dynamic between the brother ans sister duo. Junichi and Miya can argue and banter so easily even about breast size, so much so that it probably reminds Ai of her own relationship with her brother, and that she likely feels a bit of jealousy that Junichi and Miya have such a *ahem* healthy relationship. She obviously wants to be on better terms with her brother, but she doesn’t know how.

Junichi really wouldn’t be Junichi if he wasn’t ogling somebody at some point. This person just so happened to be their teacher this time, who’s also a looker herself like the rest of the girls, so it’s expected of him to put his gaze into more dangerous territory. I have to say though that it’s good to have the old Junichi of controlled perversion. He’s enough of a man to know what to look at and where to look for it, but he’s not an idiot to try and get it every moment he has. Thank you lord that the Junichi we know is here to stay.

As for Miya… well a lot of girls do want to have bigger boobs for reasons men sometimes don’t clearly understand, but it makes me wonder if Miya realizes the difficulty involved in carrying extra assets.

I have to hand it to Junichi. He’s done a few ballsy things in this series to win a girl that would make any straight man proud, but he said this monologue so convincingly that half the swim team probably came. Anything less and his corpse would be bleeding into the pool water. As all men know, sometimes you have to just throw away your dignity if you need to apologize or impress a girl. It almost always works. Right?

Right? Oh god tell me it’s right.

What I’d like to point out is how this arc feels like a role reversal for the guy and the girl compared to Haruka’s arc. In Haruka’s arc, even if she did take the lead for most of the first half, she was pretty much the kid in the relationship. She was the silly and impulsive of the pair and, as much as Junichi likes to tag along with her whims, he was usually the one who would put them back to reality. For Ai’s arc, she says so himself: Junichi is like a little kid. Despite being the junior, she’s the straighter and more mature half of the relationship. This time it’s Junichi who has to follow her lead. That’s why it surprises her so much that Junichi became all thoughtful and all serious in the end of the episode when she was feeling all down. It took one of his silly attempts to cheer her up, which worked better than expected, and why now she has a very different opinion of him. He may be silly, but it’s his silliness that makes him who he is,and this silliness is also what makes him more mature and thoughtful than meets the eye.
Old 2010-10-08, 07:20   Link #36
Wigwams

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Lol stalker included.
thats the girl who gets her own episode like miya. Risa Kamizaki i think.

and for the record. i dont mind being stalked by someone who looks like this.
Spoiler for risa:
Old 2010-10-08, 09:44   Link #37
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Yeah it looked like it. Strange as it is I think it was more Ayatsuji that though Ai was picking a fight.
Yeah, it was Ai that stared daggers at Ayatsuji first. I so freakin love her for that. That scene made my day. My girl sending that overrated class rep away. I got a lot of enjoyment out of that.

/Is not a fan of Ayatsuji, neither the anime or the manga version .
Old 2010-10-08, 10:45   Link #38
SidVicious
Anime addict

Hibiki in a swimsuit = pure win
Old 2010-10-08, 11:15   Link #39
HandofFate

arcs that need to be added: Miya

and also, the teacher should have been a candidate.
Old 2010-10-08, 11:47   Link #40
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
thats the girl who gets her own episode like miya. Risa Kamizaki i think.

and for the record. i dont mind being stalked by someone who looks like this.
Spoiler for risa:
And when will she appear? If she appears >_> what i mean is that can't possible like her if she isn't even included on the eps until the end, even if by the end of her ep i grew to like her, in the end i will probably think it was a wasted ep, since they could have used atleast that one for Hibiki u.u, damn i really wish Hibiki had her own arc.
Closed Thread