AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Old 2012-10-17, 09:11   Link #1021
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
They can also turn a blind eye and let her get killed. The Enforcers on her team also are looking out for her. Something is going to be said to her for their benefit. It's like a policeman and a police dog. The dog is actually a partner and not a pet.
Except a police dog is afforded more respect. The enforces are seen are subhuman expendables. At least thats the impression I got. It makes me think of Bishop's alternate future in the x-men comics where mutant slaves are used as hounds to hunt down other mutants. These hounds are not respected and are viewed and treated as little more than slaves.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 09:18   Link #1022
Insane
Banned

So, in the End these “Police Officers” are just “Human Robots”, that dont act on their own. And let a “Computer System” inside the Weapon choose about “Guilty” or “Not-Guilty”.

“Slay them all, and led God save the Innocent!” Idea is here. Btw, how control this KI anyway? So just someone with Admin rights, can Bend all his Dark Secrets and no one is asking questions…

So, in the End. These “Human Robots” are just Mind less Tools
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 09:33   Link #1023
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The way I see it so far, these officers are like Judges in Judge Dredd. The difference is, in Judge Dredd, the one who passes the judgment is the Judge, while in Psycho-Pass, the one who passes the judgement is the gun .
Old 2012-10-17, 09:40   Link #1024
Insane
Banned

I sensed a minor plot hole/gaffe: so they say that only the person holding his/her gun can hear what that gun is telling him/her and yet towards the end, the girl hears what the loner guy’s gun is telling him to kill the woman AND reacts that in a real time. C’mon, now, writers! And no, don’t tell me she reacted to the gun changing. That’s too easy and doesn’t really cut it here; she CLEARLY reacted to the comment of gun of the guy. It’s an obvious plot gaffe.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 09:50   Link #1025
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Maybe they are linked together somehow? I’m not really sure. Remember the scene where the newbie pointed her gun at the elder officer from behind? It was shown that the elder officer noticed it after the newbie’s gun finished describing its target. So yeah, we need more explanation in the coming episodes.
Old 2012-10-17, 09:51   Link #1026
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
C’mon, now, writers! And no, don’t tell me she reacted to the gun changing. That’s too easy and doesn’t really cut it here; she CLEARLY reacted to the comment of gun of the guy. It’s an obvious plot gaffe.
Had the same reaction at first but then I figured everyones guns was saying the same thing at the same time.
Old 2012-10-17, 10:14   Link #1027
bigdeath

Also keep in mind that the gun makes a super obvious transformation into lethal mode. Not to mention her own gun will state the exact same judgement.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 10:36   Link #1028
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Interesting that no one here questions why a psychological trait (the crime coefficient) is regarded as being contagious, which is a physiological characteristic of viruses/bacteria....
We react to and/or imitate each other unconsciously. That's how humans work. That's how memes work. That's how crowds work. That's how school classes and families (and sometimes even web forums) work. That part of the situation (unlike other parts) seems reasonable to me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 18:18   Link #1029
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
I sensed a minor plot hole/gaffe: so they say that only the person holding his/her gun can hear what that gun is telling him/her and yet towards the end, the girl hears what the loner guy’s gun is telling him to kill the woman AND reacts that in a real time. C’mon, now, writers! And no, don’t tell me she reacted to the gun changing. That’s too easy and doesn’t really cut it here; she CLEARLY reacted to the comment of gun of the guy. It’s an obvious plot gaffe.
That's an animation error at best and probably made in an attempt to make the scene flow smoother. It's not a plot hole. <_<

How do you suppose they will show the gun changing and Akane reacting to it in real time without an awkward camera angle?
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!

Last edited by MartianMage; 2012-10-17 at 18:38.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 19:06   Link #1030
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
this got a nice lol out of me

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-18, 03:20   Link #1031
desrtsku
Nympholept

She's gonna need it
Old 2012-10-18, 04:50   Link #1032
p-kun

I'm hoping that the reason for overkill in ep 1 is explained later. Maybe some explanation that technology for armors or implants, like GITS, has advanced so much that the only way to guarantee a kill (and prevent a messier stand off with criminals) to disintegrate the enemy completely in one shot.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 08:40   Link #1033
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Interesting that no one here questions why a psychological trait (the crime coefficient) is regarded as being contagious, which is a physiological characteristic of viruses/bacteria.

Admittedly, we do use the word and words of similar meaning metaphorically ourselves (as in "laughter is contagious", or "Stay away! I'll catch your stupidity!"), but I find it interesting that criminality is now regarded as being 'contagious', apparently in the literal/medical sense.
The way they make criminality out to be is more like potential threat level. Which really could be raised by stress from being near someone with high criminality
Old 2012-10-18, 12:05   Link #1034
Horse

#2 Oh teh melodrama...
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 12:14   Link #1035
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 12:39   Link #1036
Jarmel

This was a really good episode that delved not only into the consequences of the first but also the mindsets that showed why the events happened in the first place. This really should have been aired as one big episode. Fantastic.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 12:59   Link #1037
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Moe coefficient over 9000. Action recommended: taking her home.

The second episode was very good. There was a lot of exposition which helped us better understand what happened in the first episode. Kogami acknowledged Akane chose the correct course of action, and so will the CID, apparently. Glad she didn't get into trouble.

The enforcers have a tendency to blindly follow the gun's instructions and not think things through. The inspectors are there to keep them in check, so Akane did her job. The enforcers seem to be little more than slaves. They are confined within the CID and forced to hunt other criminals. It's either that or being stuck in a facility. They really don't have much of choice.

We learned a little more about the enforcers in this ep. Kogami has a goal in life, most likely taking revenge on someone (I'm expecting him to have a very depressing backstory). Masuoka was a former inspector whose CC rose as he become more efficient at his job, at least that's how I interpreted what he said in this episode and the previous one. Kagari has been flagged as a latent criminal when he was five years old (seriously!?) and has lived confined ever since, becoming an enforcer was his only chance to go outside once in a while. A rather sad life.

Akane is apparently naturally healthy mentally. Obviously, this is not going to last . She's going to be mind-broken sooner or later. I expect the series to end with her becoming an enforcer.
Old 2012-10-18, 13:01   Link #1038
ookamigirl

Akane sure messed up her first day.
Shinya wasn't doing too well because of it.
Her second day was getting worse by the hour.
Little field work kinda improved it.
She's just lost and searching herself in her new job.
Pretty relaxed episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 13:18   Link #1039
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 2:
Sweet, can't wait to watch.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 13:35   Link #1040
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Moe coefficient over 9000. Action recommended: taking her home.
If Sibyl's eyes says it, then let's do it!

Tags
action, psychological, science fiction, thriller