AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-12-26, 19:50   Link #41
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I figure it would come off somewhat like ARIA ... special tastes. But the thread question was about what I wanted not what was practical, profitable, or would be handled well.
Yeah ... I could see it having a huge specialized fanbase like Aria, but also a could see it having a wider fanbase like the Usagi Drop anime did.... Guess it depends how it is done?
Old 2012-12-26, 20:05   Link #42
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I figure it would come off somewhat like ARIA ... special tastes. But the thread question was about what I wanted not what was practical, profitable, or would be handled well.
I wasn't really trying argue with you, my good sir, just raising a point practicability on Yotsuba . But I never seen Aria so I can't comment on that.
Old 2012-12-26, 21:07   Link #43
MC117

There is another VN that I would like see made into an anime, its called Yamiyo ni Odore. I remember that the VN has gameplay and you can choose to play as a girl or a guy also I thought that some of the characters were very likable. I couldn't understand much of it because is not in English but it was interesting, if they made it an anime it could have some cool fights. You can learn more about it here.
http://vndb.org/v5931
Old 2012-12-26, 21:15   Link #44
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
VNs;
BALDR Sky Dive
Hatsuyuki Sakura
Hell yes....Hatsuyuki Sakura can make quite a good anime

In that line, White Album 2 too, seeing how the first one made it.

Baldr Sky needs at least 2 seasons to properly animate. Anything less will be a disservice
Old 2012-12-26, 21:50   Link #45
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC117 View Post
There is another VN that I would like see made into an anime, its called Yamiyo ni Odore. I remember that the VN has gameplay and you can choose to play as a girl or a guy also I thought that some of the characters were very likable. I couldn't understand much of it because is not in English but it was interesting, if they made it an anime it could have some cool fights. You can learn more about it here.
http://vndb.org/v5931
I play that recently, enjoyed it and the fact that it was yuri was a major plus for me. I actually would like to see it as an anime, but only if the main character was the girl. God knows that we need more yuri harem in the world.
Old 2012-12-27, 10:25   Link #46
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Hell yes....Hatsuyuki Sakura can make quite a good anime
Eventhough I really liked Hatsuyuki Sakura (it's easily one of my best 3 eroges that i have read from this year) i don't think it will succeed as an anime.
You can easily adapt Aya's and the Gradutation route in the anime, but without some foreshadowing and character development from the other routes (like elements from Yoru's story and the original bad end) it might turn out to be less effective. It's also pretty hard to combine all the routes into a "super route" for Hatsuyuki sakura, because this game actually has a true route that doesn't seem to mesh well with the other routes.

Without spoiling too much, eroges like Natsuyume Nagisa and Irotoridori no Sekai can be turned in an anime more easily if there are enough episodes to tell every route (possibily in an omnibus format).

edit:
While don't think it will work out that well due it's length and some other reasons, but i am still hoping for an anime adaptation of the Grisaia series. There used to be a tweet from 2 years ago that they might be making an anime of it, but due to the "silence" i don't think we will be seeing an adaptation of it. (Unless they are going to surprise us after the final game has been released next year *wishfull thinking*)

Last edited by hyl; 2012-12-27 at 12:22. Reason: edit
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 18:54   Link #47
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Visual Novel
Higanbana no Saku Yoru Ni
Planeterian
Rewrite
Kira Kira
Katawa Shoujo
Rose Gun Days
Kana: Little Sister

Manga
One Punch Man
Yotsuba& (Low chance I know)
Hayate Cross Blade
Pui Pui
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 21:02   Link #48
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Eventhough I really liked Hatsuyuki Sakura (it's easily one of my best 3 eroges that i have read from this year) i don't think it will succeed as an anime.
You can easily adapt Aya's and the Gradutation route in the anime, but without some foreshadowing and character development from the other routes (like elements from Yoru's story and the original bad end) it might turn out to be less effective. It's also pretty hard to combine all the routes into a "super route" for Hatsuyuki sakura, because this game actually has a true route that doesn't seem to mesh well with the other routes.
Why not? It just depends on the direction. The fact that there is a canon end would mean there is a core plot to follow. Should actually make it easier.

You need not combine the side routes en masse. Just take whatever is needed and throw in to the main one
Old 2012-12-27, 21:11   Link #49
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I dream to see any one Shumon Yuu's works getting animated. Like KittoSumi, ItsuSora, and Tenshi no Hane. Maybe even Meguri Hitohira or Anemone.
Old 2012-12-27, 21:24   Link #50
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
G Senjou no Maou, definitely.
Also, Fate/Stay Night and Umineko

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 21:31   Link #51
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Visual Novels:

Witch on the Holy Night
Fate/Stay Night
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Seinarukana: Spirit of the Eternity Sword

Manga:

Girl Friends
Rinko Days
Old 2012-12-27, 21:40   Link #52
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I fear Eien Shinken anime would be epic fail....seeing the way fantasy SRPG adaptations usually end up
Old 2012-12-27, 22:20   Link #53
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
G Senjou no Maou, definitely.
Also, Fate/Stay Night and Umineko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Visual Novels:

Witch on the Holy Night
Fate/Stay Night
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Seinarukana: Spirit of the Eternity Sword

Manga:

Girl Friends
Rinko Days
Fate and Umineko already have animes (though Umineko is a bad adaption of only the first half of the story and FSN suffers a little of "shoving contents of other Routes" leaving anime-only watchers to wonder WTH just happened, and the UBW movie suffers from having too little time to properly show some things, though it works as eye candy for those who read the VN).

And as much as Tsukihime fans try to deny, it already has an anime, as bad as it might be.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 22:24   Link #54
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I think they know that. The animes are quite bad though and we would like a remake by ufotable preferably .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 22:28   Link #55
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

And here I thought the negation of the anime was a disease exclusive to Tsukihime. I think pretty much any Nasuverse anime adaption (except CP and FZ) suffers from this.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 22:43   Link #56
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, it's like getting a half cooked dish from a restaurant. Take that trash back and try again!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 02:20   Link #57
MC117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I play that recently, enjoyed it and the fact that it was yuri was a major plus for me. I actually would like to see it as an anime, but only if the main character was the girl. God knows that we need more yuri harem in the world.
Yeah, there is too much yaoi out there they should make more yuri to balanced it out but I thought that the main guy was cooler than the main girl in this game (just my opinion)
Old 2012-12-28, 04:14   Link #58
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
And here I thought the negation of the anime was a disease exclusive to Tsukihime. I think pretty much any Nasuverse anime adaption (except CP and FZ) suffers from this.
No...Garden of Sinners is more than fine...in fact I'd call it the best of the lot by far.

In my neck of the woods, mentioning the FSN/Tsukihime adaptations is virtually a criminal offense. And with good reason, in all fairness. They were not done to a standard that does justice to the source material. It's not about being picky or wanting perfection. It's about expecting something that actually resembles and honors the original and the anime offers a few things the original didn't have.

The FSN adaptation, using AW's style of analogy, is more like having a 3-course meal all mixed together and served as one dish. Confusing and ruins the unique taste and delight of each individual one. As for Tsukihime, it would be like ordering a prime cut and getting skin and bone instead. Or ordering a 5 course meal and getting a bowl of offal. Or ordering abalone and getting a clam.
Old 2012-12-28, 04:50   Link #59
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Sono Hanabira > Borderline
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 07:26   Link #60
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Why not? It just depends on the direction. The fact that there is a canon end would mean there is a core plot to follow. Should actually make it easier.

You need not combine the side routes en masse. Just take whatever is needed and throw in to the main one
Look at every anime adaptation from the past few years (or every one), they tend to insert story elements from every route in the anime and sometimes it tend to backfire (like koichoco)
As for hatsuyuki Sakura it's pretty impossible to do anything with Shirokuma's 2nd part of her route canonically in any route. It's also impossible to animate the bad end in tandem with any other routes for obvious reasons.I am not even going to comment about how Nozomu's story doesn't fit in with the rest, because it's quite obvious when you have read that route.

Sometimes even the moral of the story and motivation for Hatsuyuki is conflicting in certain routes like Yoru
Spoiler for Yoru spoilers:
compared to most other routes like the bad end, Shirokuma and the Graduation route.
Spoiler for spoilers:

The only routes that tend to mix well is Aya's and any other route
Spoiler for Aya:

edit:
If i want an abridged version of the common route and the true route with almost no parts from any of the other routes, then i would have rather read the manga and even the manga has some confusing parts in it for the people who have not read the original game.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-12-28 at 07:46.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote