AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 33 26.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 16.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 8.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.61%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-16, 16:26   Link #61
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Mana gift.
Why I had the feeling that Shu will finally can made peace with that past? You know the whole call her moster ecc. Plus in the op when he use this new arm you can totally see snowflakes in the background.
guess his new will be something like "Gods hand" a step above kings hand. I wonder if the key to Shu unlocking his real power is coming to terms with the past like what you stated which means we may see Mana again. All i know is that power better be awesome to stop that big ass Nuke thats on its way to Japan but in the preview i saw something Orbital Weapon decloak in space.
Old 2012-02-16, 16:30   Link #62
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Where did you even watch this in English subtitles,I can't seem to find any. Or are you guys all fluent in Japanese?
Old 2012-02-16, 16:35   Link #63
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
Where did you even watch this in English subtitles,I can't seem to find any. Or are you guys all fluent in Japanese?
i cant post the link its against the rules just do a search on google. I actually watched it at work since i couldnt wait to get home lol.
Old 2012-02-16, 16:36   Link #64
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
guess his new will be something like "Gods hand" a step above kings hand. I wonder if the key to Shu unlocking his real power is coming to terms with the past like what you stated which means we may see Mana again. All i know is that power better be awesome to stop that big ass Nuke thats on its way to Japan but in the preview i saw something Orbital Weapon decloak in space.
If we go with Inori and Shu song(you know their song word) I think is the most like case.
Plus I had a theroy about this whole Mana X Shu X Inori and why shu was and his the way we show.But the author here really not convey to us the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
I send you a pm.
Old 2012-02-16, 16:36   Link #65
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Yeah, anyone could have predicted that Arisa's behavior was going to be discussed hatefully and mercilessly after this episode. Like I said, I wouldn't have minded it so much if it didn't happen so quickly. Three to four minutes in and she suddenly uses her body without much buildup? Are you even trying?

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-02-16, 16:36   Link #66
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This episode had all the textbook Yoshino cliches going full throttle. Piling twists on twists, characters tossing away relationships they forged episodes ago like they were nothing when the plot demands it, allies turning on allies and making the most random of new alliances, characters coming back to life after only a couple episodes being dead...just textbook. I guess next episode will probably have funeral parlor making a formal alliance with the GHQ or something.
Old 2012-02-16, 16:38   Link #67
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Yeah, anyone could have predicted that Arisa's behavior was going to be discussed hatefully and mercilessly after this episode. Like I said, I wouldn't have minded it so much if it didn't happen so quickly. Three to four minutes in and she suddenly uses her body without much buildup? Are you even trying?
Honestly the writers should have made Arisa dead from last episode. Bigger impact imo if Inori realizes she was the one that killed her.
Old 2012-02-16, 16:57   Link #68
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I find it hilarious that people cried for her apparent death last episode. But after this episode, they wished she had died.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-02-16, 17:02   Link #69
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

She should have died. Also,I believe their hate against Shu is nonsense. Bullets will kill them no matter what,not because their stupid Void is destroyed. They are going to war,they will die anyway,and Shu is the only reason they got through. With that being said,I think the new Gai needs to go to hell. It would be great to have Mana on Shu's side,because she seems to be the most developed character out there.
Old 2012-02-16, 17:03   Link #70
inori

meh of all people to revive its gai.. i can't stand the guy too he's too arrogant and shu shoulda killed him or deflected the whole cutting arm off thingy.. but you gotta love the loyalty tho ayase and tsugumi quickly turn coats the second gai returns regardless of an xplaination on how he is still alive.

i hope that shinigami gives shu back his powers or something even greater than his previous "kings power" cause i really want him to get his revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Sephiroth View Post
Eheheh Then Gai is now some sort of final Boss XD

Wanna see the epic duel when finally Gai die (really hate his character XD)

BTW The B-2 that are ready for Bombing Japan are another Trick against Gai and other?

They are in japan right NOW, then I can Think that Shuichiro use "BAD GAI" to neutralize Shu and plan to nuclearize both of them
Old 2012-02-16, 17:08   Link #71
wtfftw

Hi everyone,

been a long time since i last was on these forum.

Bout the frustation all in this thread i get it im like omgftw too . My only 2 solutions to the problem is either the orbital nuke/wmd/ioncannon/genesis/mementomori thingy. Or shu gets lvl100extreme.

So i hope the UN gets its way and everyone there gets whiped out.

Reading through the threa dim starting to think we have a new generation of pro lawers here was like was I watching one of them law shows lol

@Shinji103, SoFarGone ipodi /me_agree
Old 2012-02-16, 17:28   Link #72
inori

Talking shu wtf!!

dunno if this is a spoiler or not but i'll say it anyways..
Spoiler for plot so far..:
Old 2012-02-16, 17:34   Link #73
Tenchi Hou Take

I don't mind the coup d'etat, really Shu kinda did deserve it, what annoyed me was the fact they did it AFTER he did all the freaking hard work. Bitch ass's didn't even have the decency or competancy to get out of there without him.

They essentially validated his efforts in many ways and then screwed him over. if you didn't like him then you should have found a way to get outta there without his help.
Old 2012-02-16, 17:37   Link #74
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I don't mind the coup d'etat, really Shu kinda did deserve it, what annoyed me was the fact they did it AFTER he did all the freaking hard work. Bitch ass's didn't even have the decency or competancy to get out of there without him.

They essentially validated his efforts in many ways and then screwed him over. if you didn't like him then you should have found a way to get outta there without his help.
thats the reason why most of us dont like all the peeps around shu xcept for inori
Old 2012-02-16, 17:42   Link #75
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post

Right. How do you use a person's methods to obtain freedom and then rebuke him? It's as if they admit that Shu was the only hope they had of surviving, and then decide to throw a tantrum at him anyway.

The only fault I can find with him is that he didn't follow through. History shows that if you're going to be a tyrant, you can't just half ass it. You need to purge or subjugate anyone who is a potential liability (Arisa). After he heard that Inori was the one who attacked her, he'd have been wise to get rid of her. In the end, as always in Guilty Crown, Shu has only been talking the talk.

Although it's of little meaning. This show's writing is predictable enough that I foresee her being tossed aside by her hero for being of little use to anyone at this stage.
Old 2012-02-16, 17:46   Link #76
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Hmm...

Shu: SUGAR!!!

Lelouch: ORANGE!!!

Shuu just got betrayed by his cronies but at least, he still have C.C with him... oh I meant Inori.
Old 2012-02-16, 17:47   Link #77
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow Aria turned whore to help hurry up the dissent against Shu. Surprised Tsugumi didn't try to do anything at all, of course she couldn't stop all the students at that point, but she could've told Shu about it. THat was awesome how Gai just cut off part of his arm to steal the void genome. Forgetting that Shu has no powers now, how the hell does he move on. Also wonder if Inori is alright. Still no idea why Haruka would be ok with this whole plan.
Old 2012-02-16, 17:59   Link #78
inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Right. How do you use a person's methods to obtain freedom and then rebuke him? It's as if they admit that Shu was the only hope they had of surviving, and then decide to throw a tantrum at him anyway.

The only fault I can find with him is that he didn't follow through. History shows that if you're going to be a tyrant, you can't just half ass it. You need to purge or subjugate anyone who is a potential liability (Arisa). After he heard that Inori was the one who attacked her, he'd have been wise to get rid of her. In the end, as always in Guilty Crown, Shu has only been talking the talk.

Although it's of little meaning. This show's writing is predictable enough that I foresee her being tossed aside by her hero for being of little use to anyone at this stage.
yea i can kinda see it too but it just goes to show how fickle ppl can be..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Wow Arisa turned whore to help hurry up the dissent against Shu. Surprised Tsugumi didn't try to do anything at all, of course she couldn't stop all the students at that point, but she could've told Shu about it. THat was awesome how Gai just cut off part of his arm to steal the void genome. Forgetting that Shu has no powers now, how the hell does he move on. Also wonder if Inori is alright. Still no idea why Haruka would be ok with this whole plan.
ok that part just creeped me out if gai knew that that was the way to obtain the power why'd he wait till he was dead and revived to do it he had plenty of time ot do it while he was alive.. its like people enjoy making others do their dirty work while they come in with their criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
This episode had all the textbook Yoshino cliches going full throttle. Piling twists on twists, characters tossing away relationships they forged episodes ago like they were nothing when the plot demands it, allies turning on allies and making the most random of new alliances, characters coming back to life after only a couple episodes being dead...just textbook. I guess next episode will probably have funeral parlor making a formal alliance with the GHQ or something.
yea i thought that was also questionable.. weren't it the old student pres, the fp members shuu,yahiro and souta a gang? how come all of a sudden she looses her status and her spine(aka became a coward) and somehow gets pushed out the grp. anyone else notice how secretive that cat ears wearing girl ( i think her name is ayase or tsugumi) was like feeding info to Argo while he was detained? this whole episode sucked horribly and i don't want shu to die
Old 2012-02-16, 18:00   Link #79
Somnus
Eh?

Skimmed through the RAW to see what all the hubbub with the prez was about.

Final verdict: Meh. It was with the same dude. Not as much impact. I thought she was convincing everyone with her newly acquired "skills" one by one. Like most things with this show, this is nothing really new.
Old 2012-02-16, 18:01   Link #80
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Wow Aria turned whore to help hurry up the dissent against Shu. Surprised Tsugumi didn't try to do anything at all, of course she couldn't stop all the students at that point, but she could've told Shu about it. THat was awesome how Gai just cut off part of his arm to steal the void genome. Forgetting that Shu has no powers now, how the hell does he move on. Also wonder if Inori is alright. Still no idea why Haruka would be ok with this whole plan.
He most probably gets a new arm which gives him the new sword in the op (looks too straight to be the regular one).

Also new Gai looks like a complete zombie in the preview for the next ep.
Closed Thread