AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2011-01-13, 22:56   Link #141
Zotis
Rank #35

Jex Thoth - Nothing Left to Die

Most of what I listen to has screaming in it. It's hard for me to give recommendations that don't, but Jex Thoth is a pretty beautiful band for one that's more "normal" music.

Aspid - Towards One Goal

Aspid are Thrash, fairly obscure Russian band. They're just absolutely amazing!
Old 2011-01-13, 23:57   Link #142
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I would like to point out my favorite band of all time, just to get some interest into others potentially.

TooL, my band of worship and even teaching. They have to be next to the most intelligent and philosophical band out there, if not the apex. Their music is epic poetry incarnate, lyrics speaking of incredible things from our own humanity to the universes laws.

They sing satires on religion, and denounce the idiots of modern culture, all with beautifully woven words and deliverance. I cannot stress their artistry and capability.

Not only this, but they are one of the few blatant demonstrations of musical-leanings changing during careers. At first they were mainly a metal/industrial band, but over several albums have transitioned to a progressive metal band. As far as progressives go, they are the peak and the leader.

Opinion is opinion of course, and I'm speaking just that.
Old 2011-01-15, 04:17   Link #143
Zotis
Rank #35

I was never particularily interested in Tool. I don't know about their philosophy, but just their sound.
Old 2011-01-16, 01:00   Link #144
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Parabol ends at 4:08, Parabola begins.

TooL has some really non-conformist, orthodox, mind-effing videos. I love trying to decipher them, as well as their lyrics.
Old 2011-01-23, 15:07   Link #145
Zotis
Rank #35

That Tool song was pretty good, but yeah... they just don't really do it for me.

I've recently download some Pax Cecelia, a very interesting Post-Metal group.

Old 2011-11-24, 16:02   Link #146
User190323
Disabled By Request

one of my favorite bands of all time: The Black Dahlia Murder <3
User190323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 22:01   Link #147
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Listening to Animals as Leaders a fair bit lately.

Old 2011-11-25, 03:05   Link #148
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I normally don't really like metalcore but Converge is cool.

Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 06:19   Link #149
KhaL

Yes (I can't type 1 word answers so I will quote nothing and just do this!)
KhaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 10:51   Link #150
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Disturbed. Anything else gets old too fast for me ;__;
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 14:16   Link #151
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Heavy, thrash, black, melodic, power, atmospheric, symphonic, progressive, death, doom, but not grind, or nu.

I can listen to a wide range of bands from Rhapsody to Opeth, Mayhem to Metallica. If I have to name those I would listen all the time, it would be in no particular order, Ulver (even tho they have gone way beyond metal but I still love their newer works), Moonspell, Therion, Opeth, Angra, Rhapsody, Burzum, Sepultura, the older Metallica and Mayhem.

So yeah linkies

Burzum's masterpiece

The military style drum makes it all badass.

My favorite of Metallica
Old 2011-11-30, 18:49   Link #152
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Is there anyone else on this planet, that has heard of Dark Empire, yet? Those guys seriously need A LOT more attention. They play a kind of dark and at times even progressive power metal with some death growls thrown into the mix. Their Style is absolutely unique and their music really among the best of the genre in my opinion. So far, they only have two albums released, but they are both excellent. A third one, with new vocalist Urban Breed, is almost finished, though. If I somehow managed to get you interested, here are two of Dark Empire's best songs:

Spoiler for size:
Old 2011-11-30, 20:26   Link #153
jdennis007

I can't believe I never posted in here before but I am a big metalhead. My favorite bands are Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Hammerfall and recently Grave Digger. Rebellion (The Clans Are Marching) by Grave Digger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-x_uBB-KIE
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 22:38   Link #154
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Is there anyone else on this planet, that has heard of Dark Empire, yet? Those guys seriously need A LOT more attention. They play a kind of dark and at times even progressive power metal with some death growls thrown into the mix. Their Style is absolutely unique and their music really among the best of the genre in my opinion. So far, they only have two albums released, but they are both excellent. A third one, with new vocalist Urban Breed, is almost finished, though. If I somehow managed to get you interested, here are two of Dark Empire's best songs:

Spoiler for size:
I have not heard of them unfortunately but those were awesome! I didn't think I'd like them when you mentioned growling but this is very nice stuff (wanted to rep you but it seems like I already did earlier -_-)

People look at me in shock when I say I love heavy metal but that's the truth... apparently I don't look like a metalhead.

At the moment, my favourite bands and song of each have to be:

Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Kamelot - Forever/Karma/The Fourth Legacy
Rhapsody of Fire - Frozen Tears of Angels
Nevermore - Born
Galneryus - Everlasting

I've also started listening to Epica

I think I've finally figured out what kind of metal I like - symphonic and power metal ftw

And if anyone has suggestions judging from my favourites they'll be very appreciated
Old 2011-12-01, 02:45   Link #155
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
Listening to Animals as Leaders a fair bit lately.

Fancy that, me too!
Old 2011-12-01, 09:19   Link #156
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I have not heard of them unfortunately but those were awesome! I didn't think I'd like them when you mentioned growling but this is very nice stuff (wanted to rep you but it seems like I already did earlier -_-)

People look at me in shock when I say I love heavy metal but that's the truth... apparently I don't look like a metalhead.

Nevermore - Born
Galneryus - Everlasting

I think I've finally figured out what kind of metal I like - symphonic and power metal ftw

And if anyone has suggestions judging from my favourites they'll be very appreciated
Haha, yes, you already gave me cookies for posting a Blind Guardian video a few months ago. ^^
Anyway, you have a nice taste of music. I'm not a huge fan of Nevermore (except for their slower songs), but I can definately approve of the rest, especially Iron Maiden and Kamelot. Epica is great as well. Maybe you'll like Nightwish, too, but I guess you know them already (because everyone does) and that you're not a particularly big fan of them, because you don't have them listed here.

Another thing though. Should you ever decide to try tapping into more brutal or extreme metal, try either Fleshgod Apocalypse's Agony album or Septicflesh's Communion. Symphonic Death - it sounds amazing.
Old 2011-12-01, 12:08   Link #157
KhaL

I'm on the new machine head album at the moment. more of the same from what ive heard so far/

shocking part was when I was listening to 1 of the songs and they had a NEAR IDENTICAL riff to Halo off The Blackening. Not good.
KhaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 13:17   Link #158
Seishin
私は、和のかがみのココロ

Send a message via MSN to Seishin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65

Nevermore - Born
Galneryus - Everlasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Nevermore (except for their slower songs), but I can definately approve of the rest, especially Iron Maiden and Kamelot. Epica is great as well. Maybe you'll like Nightwish, too, but I guess you know them already (because everyone does) and that you're not a particularly big fan of them, because you don't have them listed here.

Another thing though. Should you ever decide to try tapping into more brutal or extreme metal, try either Fleshgod Apocalypse's Agony album or Septicflesh's Communion. Symphonic Death - it sounds amazing.
Or if you preferred more symphonic and melodic music that's similar to Epica and Kamelot's latest projects which are more symphonic, try Xandria, Delain, Sirenia, or Echoes of Eternity in addition to Zgoten's recommendation of Nightwish. They all are female fronted metal each with a unique sound and a unique symphonic blend.

And for the Iron Maiden,Rhapsody of Fire, and some of Kamelot's older projects that classify as power metal, you could try either The Sword or Dragonforce. Fast tempo typical of power metal along with the pulsing lyrical voices and fantasy elements that make up the genre.

Think I might look into those two bands as well, ZGoten. do they have a sound similar to Cradle of Filth when you say more extreme? I know some classify Cradle of Filth as a black symphonic metal band, but they're among the more extreme when I think of symphonic metal.
Old 2011-12-01, 13:17   Link #159
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Hard to believe that they are French.

Because I like this band
Old 2011-12-01, 15:25   Link #160
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishin View Post
Think I might look into those two bands as well, ZGoten. do they have a sound similar to Cradle of Filth when you say more extreme? I know some classify Cradle of Filth as a black symphonic metal band, but they're among the more extreme when I think of symphonic metal.
I haven't heard a lot of Cradle of Filth, but from what I know, they are not that unlike. What I meant with 'more extreme', though, was simply death or even black metal in general, because those genres are a lot less accessible and usally also more brutal or aggressive than your average power, symphonic, progressive metal band and so forth. I suggested Fleshgod Apocalypse and Septicflesh in particular, because those two bands have some very strong symphonic influences in their songs, which is something Haladflire65 seems to like. Fleshgod Apocalypse's Agony album in particular almost comes across as kind of a natural evolution of Epica's sound, in my opinion.

Spoiler for examples:

However, It may yet be too early for him to approach that kind of genre if he only know found out what he really likes in metal. He atually might never like that music, but that's just fine, since Iron Maiden and Kamelot are perfectly fine bands. Actually, Kamelot is one of my two favorite bands of all time.^^

Last edited by ZGoten; 2011-12-01 at 15:40.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metal