AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 23:09   Link #5221
Kurohane

Why?! They even had it in the opening! Ranting aside, oh well, the episode is still good.
Old 2012-11-02, 00:40   Link #5222
ingram1106

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
There can be more than one Char clone in a show.
Fukuda has declared that Rau is not Char. Athrun is Char.
Two or more Char clones of Gundam are not in it.
Char is a person who becomes a core of a Gundam Story.
Old 2012-11-02, 00:48   Link #5223
Zeydra
A random passerby

Wait, never mind, forgot each episode comes out on Friday when I found episode 46 in my sub feed.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Oh well, guess they must have used all of their money on the Aegis vs Strike renovation and the fight in Orb.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 01:01   Link #5224
monster

I love how it seems like everybody has a point to make in this episode. I also find myself agreeing, in part, with them all.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 01:15   Link #5225
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Providence Gundam!!!!11!!!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 01:16   Link #5226
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingram1106 View Post
Fukuda has declared that Rau is not Char. Athrun is Char.
Two or more Char clones of Gundam are not in it.
Char is a person who becomes a core of a Gundam Story.
And he said this... where?
Old 2012-11-02, 01:17   Link #5227
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Athrun a Char? That's a strange thought.
Old 2012-11-02, 01:19   Link #5228
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Durandal is Char.

End of story .
Old 2012-11-02, 04:01   Link #5229
bio9205
Reborn

Well, all of his mobile suits are red. Too bad they don't go 3 times faster. And dammit Obelisk, beat me to it. I was about to say the same thing
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 05:10   Link #5230
Destined_Fate

Would rather have Mu die at the end of SEED. His return was worse than Kira surviving an explosion to the face and stabbed in the cockpit. At least Kira's bloody and broken helmet wasn't ever shown floating around like Mu. That and Neo Roanoke was horrible and wished he was as cool and magnificent as Rau. Especially when we learn that Neo wasn't even real and was just a brainwashed Mu that was being used by the Feds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingram1106 View Post
According to Fukuda, CE's Char clone is Athrun.
Although his hair is not blond and the not wearing mask.everyone gets the mistake wrong.Therefore, Rau is not Char clone.
Yes, that's true. Athrun served Char's role as Kira's rival and like Char did in Zeta, Athrun ends up teaming up with Kira. Though Athrun never goes lolz crazy and doesn't have a thing for young newtype girls piloting mobile armors. He also used Red for his mecha... The Red jokes between Char, Athrun, and Lunarmaria in every game with them in it are always worth seeing.

Though it's strange that Char never acknowledges the Red of Shinn and Rey who are ZAFT reds as well... Guess it's because they aren't hip enough to sport the red paint.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 06:37   Link #5231
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Would rather have Mu die at the end of SEED. His return was worse than Kira surviving an explosion to the face and stabbed in the cockpit. At least Kira's bloody and broken helmet wasn't ever shown floating around like Mu. That and Neo Roanoke was horrible and wished he was as cool and magnificent as Rau. Especially when we learn that Neo wasn't even real and was just a brainwashed Mu that was being used by the Feds.
How many times does it need to be said..... Freedom wasn't stabbed in the cockpit. It was stabbed in the nuclear reactor. The cockpit is higher up on Freedom's chest.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 09:03   Link #5232
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Why?! They even had it in the opening! Ranting aside, oh well, the episode is still good.
And even confirmed in the preview. There goes our hope for Perfect Strike vs Providence. Oh well, it's almost ending now, can't wait to see any remastered/added battle scenes.
Auron Requies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 11:40   Link #5233
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Okay, kids? There's a difference between being the Char of a story and being a Char Clone. Pretty much all that's needed to be a Char Clone in a Gundam series is to wear a mask and be mysterious and/or occasionally antagonistic. Oftentimes a Char Clone doesn't pilot a Gundam and usually relies on ace custom mobile suits before switching over to a Gundam, if they do at all.

Yes, Athrun can be seen as the "Char" of Gundam SEED, but he is very much not a Char Clone--he hits none of the qualifications for it beyond the antagonism. Rau Le Crueset is SEED's Char Clone, as is Mu La Flaga/Neo Roanoke in Gundam SEED Destiny.
Old 2012-11-02, 11:44   Link #5234
Aquaman OS

I guess they couldn't think of a way for perfect Strike to lose in the timespan the original soundtrack allotted.

As for ISWP, they probably didn't want to have to redo all those scenes where Cagalli is following Athrun around, and later going to pick Kira up.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 17:52   Link #5235
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Okay, kids? There's a difference between being the Char of a story and being a Char Clone. Pretty much all that's needed to be a Char Clone in a Gundam series is to wear a mask and be mysterious and/or occasionally antagonistic. Oftentimes a Char Clone doesn't pilot a Gundam and usually relies on ace custom mobile suits before switching over to a Gundam, if they do at all.

Yes, Athrun can be seen as the "Char" of Gundam SEED, but he is very much not a Char Clone--he hits none of the qualifications for it beyond the antagonism. Rau Le Crueset is SEED's Char Clone, as is Mu La Flaga/Neo Roanoke in Gundam SEED Destiny.
His antagonism didn't last long either. Only one half of the show. The other half he became good, and was on Kra's side.
Old 2012-11-02, 18:31   Link #5236
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
I guess they couldn't think of a way for perfect Strike to lose in the timespan the original soundtrack allotted.

As for ISWP, they probably didn't want to have to redo all those scenes where Cagalli is following Athrun around, and later going to pick Kira up.
They could have had the Perfect Strike lose the same way. Loses right arm and I believe right leg.

The only issue would be how does Mu protect the Archangel since Perfect Strike has no shield. They should have found a way because the Orb battle is shaping up to be the best part of the remaster. Especially if there are no new scenes for the final battle.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 19:49   Link #5237
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
They could have had the Perfect Strike lose the same way. Loses right arm and I believe right leg.

The only issue would be how does Mu protect the Archangel since Perfect Strike has no shield. They should have found a way because the Orb battle is shaping up to be the best part of the remaster. Especially if there are no new scenes for the final battle.
Either the panzer eisen shield of the sword strike (I know, that doesn't look like it'll work) OR after the providence thrashing, he gets attack by enemy forces, and luckily happens to grab a Strike Dagger shield floating around (as suits are getting blown out left and right) while being saved by allies, then in comes the lohengrin scene with Mwu blocking with said shield (Or instead, we can just go straight to the lohengrin scene and we see him use a Strike Dagger shield).

That's what I would have brought up to the production team anyway =/
Auron Requies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 23:16   Link #5238
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post

I never said Rau wasn't a Char Clone. He is. Athrun though is the Char role in the story for the main character of SEED - Kira. He than took up the Quattro role as Shinn took the Kamille role. Only Athrun dropped the fake the fast as heck and they were officially backed by a powerful nation while Quattro worked with what he had to kick the crude out of the Titans and couldn't rely on such open support.

Destiny really could have used a Haman type character that screwed both factions over to clean up and take over once the fighting has ended. Rau doesn't count since he just wanted everyone to kill each other and not take over and rule Though I'm guessing Logos was supposed to play that role but they were just crazy racists that had to use ignorance to do what they wanted while Haman had entire people willingly bowing to her and she never hit her intentions.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 15:15   Link #5239
Washu-Chan