AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

Old 2009-03-15, 02:15   Link #41
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Makino Yui doesn't really have the cuddly vibes as Sakura, only innocent. She must have improved alot since to cast as Honoka's VA, whose character exceeds moemeter limits.

Basically every word Honoka says seems to subliminally mean "Hug me. Cuddle me. Love me."

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 11:27   Link #42
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

That just you TBH. I get that vibes from Xanthippe and Takane
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 13:39   Link #43
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

It's more like how Honoka looks at people. Her eyes tell you to cuddle her, especially when she looks slightly upset.

I don't feel like cuddling with Xanthippe or Takane, more like I want to be theirs in an 'I give you my all' kind of way.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 07:44   Link #44
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'd agree that Makino doesn't really add to Honoka's cute appearance. She just looks super cute, what she says almost has nothing to do with her cuteness, she's quite serious when she talks most of the time.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 10:49   Link #45
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I think that the most important thing about VAs is being to channel emotions through speech, thus the voice, speech pattern and sounding needs to synchronise with how the character looks like. Takane, Sakura and Neneko are good examples IMO. Takane has the mature voice that suits a pretty young lady like her *fapfapfap*, Sakura and Neneko have that crazy and energetic voice within them that gives the "OMH, she is insane" upon hearing. Speech pattern plays alot here, Sakura's random word usage and Neneko's shoot-off-before-thinking adds to the idea of the character the watchers are encountering.

So anyone wants to cuddle Aleida? We can have her VA give off cuddly vibes by asking.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-03-17, 11:10   Link #46
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

She can turn tsundere mode and burn you into ashes too you know.. with Kazetsuchi ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-03-17, 12:27   Link #47
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Well, it seems we have five new voice actors in the credits this time around.
Benkei - Uchida Naoya
Uno - Miyashita Eiji
Doi - Sakai Keikou
Torisu - Naka Hiroshi
Madoka - Takahashi Mikako

Who Benkei is is fairly self-evident in the episode, due to him being called that, but I don't really know who the other four are.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 12:30   Link #48
Fishfood1

^most likely those girls that nami had fight with in mid second half. but since they're 1-timers, it will take a bunch of reruns to know who's who.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 14:20   Link #49
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
^most likely those girls that nami had fight with in mid second half. but since they're 1-timers, it will take a bunch of reruns to know who's who.
Well, it seems you're right about Madoka (just went back and listened to that scene, and one of the characters does call the model-girl "Madoka"). Uno, Doi, and Torisu, though, are all voiced by guys. In fact, now that I think about it again, I'm suspecting that they're the three old ICP guys.
Old 2009-03-17, 14:31   Link #50
Fishfood1

well the official site doesn't list the 3 old geezers(character details), so that's very likely... but those old geezers talked before since episode 2(i think), so why list them now when they should have been listed since then?

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 14:58   Link #51
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Uno, Doi, Torisu... =.=

Uno Dos Tres? =.=;;
Old 2009-03-17, 15:02   Link #52
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Uno, Doi, Torisu... =.=

Uno Dos Tres? =.=;;
Un Deux Trois = 1,2,3 in French.

Old 2009-03-17, 15:20   Link #53
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Un Deux Trois = 1,2,3 in French.
Eh, close enough. One of those Romance languages.
Old 2009-03-17, 17:56   Link #54
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Interestingly, they're spelled with kanji and are apparently viable Japanese family names:
宇野 == Uno
土井 == Doi
鳥巣 == Torisu

My first thoughts were also of the "un, deux, trois" variety, though, and there's no reason Sunrise couldn't have chosen those names for those who would get the reference, if it is indeed such a reference.
Old 2009-03-17, 18:18   Link #55
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Well, we do have Mika Doi, after all... She was in all three series that got bastardised into Robotech. And apparently there's a Makoto Uno who was Animation Director in Turn A Gundam, though his name is written differently.
Old 2009-03-17, 22:13   Link #56
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes, there's a high chance, if not obvious that those guys Kanji names have a double meaning, its common in Japanese to add flair to the words or puns.

If anyone has read One Piece, its everywhere, the writer Oda is just genius in his writing, dialogue in reference to his drawing.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 22:38   Link #57
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Well, it seems we have five new voice actors in the credits this time around.
Benkei - Uchida Naoya
Uno - Miyashita Eiji
Doi - Sakai Keikou
Torisu - Naka Hiroshi
Madoka - Takahashi Mikako

Who Benkei is is fairly self-evident in the episode, due to him being called that, but I don't really know who the other four are.
Uno, Doi and Torisu are those three ICP directors who boss Bou and Min around and also decided to force a mission on Itsuki this episode. Their names actually appear on the view screens back in like episode 6 and 7.

Madoka is Nami's sempai, the one with the long hair.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 05:49   Link #58
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Interestingly, they're spelled with kanji and are apparently viable Japanese family names:
宇野 == Uno
土井 == Doi
鳥巣 == Torisu

My first thoughts were also of the "un, deux, trois" variety, though, and there's no reason Sunrise couldn't have chosen those names for those who would get the reference, if it is indeed such a reference.
They are probably boss characters that appear in sequence. The names tell me that.

If we put it in Sangoku context, Uno is Zhang Fei, Doi is Guan Yu, Torisu is Liu Bei. Sorry I don't know their Japanese names and I have totally forgotten the names used in Koihime Musou and Ikkitousen.

Old 2009-03-18, 05:52   Link #59
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Zang Fei = Chouhi
Guan yu = Kanu
Liu Bei = Gentoku

No comparison to Ikkitousen char plz.. especially not those 3 retard police chief
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-03-18, 06:03   Link #60
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Zang Fei = Chouhi
Guan yu = Kanu
Liu Bei = Gentoku

No comparison to Ikkitousen char plz.. especially not those 3 retard police chief
Actually which character is which? I was thinking that

Un = Tall one
Deux = Fat one
Trois = Short one with buckteeth.

Fit pretty much into the context of the Sangoku characters. Gentoku is the eldest of the sworn brothers, and the tallest. Chouhi is the shortest (along with his temper) and that makes Kanu the fat one.

I researched on the VAs and turn up nothing about their histories in VA. Anyone has something to provide?

OT : I am starting to think that Minori Chihara or Yuka Inokochi would have been a better VA for Honoka.