AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-08, 11:47   Link #501
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Ah cool. Good news. I love to see more of his work. Here's hoping Xam'd will have someone as great as him doing the action scenes as well.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 00:09   Link #502
Asane
Lelouch follower

4th episode was also really good!
Asane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 01:25   Link #503
manuloz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
I want to know who the Hei lookalike camera guy is from the OP. He looks cool.

Only anime episodes from BONES that had really crappy art and quality that I remember are those filler episode in Eureka Seven (soccer episode, make up episode etc.). Man that was some ugly shit. Really a big downside of the series. I hated those 5 or so episodes.

Anyway back to Xam'd. Episode was pretty good. A lot of things going on in 20 minutes. I really like the pacing for this. I'm especially looking forward to the episodes directed by Yutaka Nakamura. Manuloz posted on his website that he's particapating in ep 8, 11 and 15 (he also did stuff in ep 1). You know when Yutaka Nakamura is involved, there's going to be some great action scenes.
Yep! Duckroll is right you got confused with Soul Eater ... but i suppose you do not read frensh so that might explain why. Well that's good to know someone from animesuki stops by my news blog :)

If you need a rundown on what was said :

Spoiler for ...:
manuloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 02:17   Link #504
Proudleaf

Yet another excellent episode. The animation quality remains consistently high and plenty of new revelations are introduced. So far, this is the most interesting series this season for me.

Argh, waiting for episode 5 now.
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 04:28   Link #505
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuloz View Post
Yep! Duckroll is right you got confused with Soul Eater ... but i suppose you do not read frensh so that might explain why. Well that's good to know someone from animesuki stops by my news blog

If you need a rundown on what was said :

Spoiler for ...:
Yeah my French is very bad . Surprisingly enough, I did get most of the other stuff, except the Gainax stuff. Thanks for clearing it up anyway. I must've got confused and mixed Soul Eater and Xam'd cause you put (xam'd) there.
I check your site daily. I really like that the news is so detailed and you always put up artwork and trailers. Too bad it's French only, but that definitely won't stop me from keeping visiting your site.
Old 2008-08-09, 17:46   Link #506
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
Ah cool. Good news. I love to see more of his work. Here's hoping Xam'd will have someone as great as him doing the action scenes as well.
I wouldn't be too worried about the animators on Xam'd. There are already quite a few pretty good action animators on the show so far:

Hidetsugu Ito is the guy that animated the amazing explosion of the school in ep2 (and probably the other explosions too). He's the guy that animated the opening action sequence in Stranger with Rarou killing the mountain bandits. He handled the explosion scenes at the end of Stranger too.

Takashi Tomioka also animated several scenes in ep1 and 2 of Xam'd, and he was the man behind the awesome temple fight in Stranger, as well as the scene where Nanashi finally draws his sword near the end.

Yasushi Muraki handled the landing sequences of the ASP mechs in ep4, and he was special effects director of Eureka 7. Many of the awesome aerial action scenes in E7 were his work.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 19:21   Link #507
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Good stuff. I liked every scene in Stranger, so it's nice to see those animators from that movie working on Xam'd.
Old 2008-08-12, 09:43   Link #508
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Ep5 is up on PSN now! Go go go!
Old 2008-08-12, 17:59   Link #509
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Ep 5? I can't see it. I can only see 4
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 00:00   Link #510
Asane
Lelouch follower

I can't see 5 also...
Asane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 00:32   Link #511
vspirit
...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
. Unless of course the guy tapping his feet is a character we haven't seen, or the person who tosses the letter (but we haven't seen their faces of course).
Eh heh...for some reason, I'd always thought the guy tapping his foot was Kakisu...
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 01:11   Link #512
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I don't know why you guys can't see it. I've already watched it. It really seems like Miyaji is going to personally storyboard all the episodes. He's done all 5 eps so far. Crazy.
Old 2008-08-13, 03:45   Link #513
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
well there are some webcam ver. lying around anyway. They probably release it differently in east vs west coast.
Good episode though - steady development with no rush.

- Random chat between Nakiami and the old dude bring up lots of new terms. Seems like there will be a huge rebellion in the north soon. Nakiami also suppose to be princess.. or leader of some tribe as well.

- Haru joining the army... hmm not sure what to make out of this. Seeing her friend turn into humanoid probably make her piss off at the North army so much. Well... as much as she knows, Akiyuki turning into some weird 'monster' is the North army's fault as well. (which we know they have nothing to do with it)

- The flower scene was sweat.... aww can't write.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 21:59   Link #514
kujoe
from head to heel

I like Kakisu's line regarding the rain before he walks on with his rifle.

Little by little, the setting of this story is being fleshed out. There are still a lot of details that aren't so clear yet, and hopefully these things continue to be unraveled as the episodes roll by.

If this ever gets released in dvd or blu-ray, I want a special and informative booklet to go with it.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 22:15   Link #515
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Been a while since I've seen an especially dark anime, and this episode has nothing but that on the Sentan Island front.

Some revelations as well, with seemingly not everyone can hear humanforms. Which begs the question, why is Haru able to? Some questions answered, but more that comes after. Love the mystery of it.

As usual, next week can't come fast enough.

BTW, anyone know of the official episode count?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 22:21   Link #516
aardvark

After watching the preview for episode 6

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

BTW, anyone know of the official episode count?
26 episodes
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 08:09   Link #517
typhonsentra

I still enjoy the show for what it is but I'm definitely getting frustrated. We're 5 in now yet I have no clue what kind of show this is going to be.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 12:09   Link #518
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Loving this anime so far. Animation is great, music is good, and I'm liking the characters. Had some troubles with Episode 5, but it's been good so far.
Old 2008-08-14, 12:47   Link #519
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That was yet another brilliant episode.

Spoiler for Episode 05:

Spoiler for Episode 06 preview:
Old 2008-08-14, 15:48   Link #520
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
Eh heh...for some reason, I'd always thought the guy tapping his foot was Kakisu...
Same actually.
Anyway. Hoping for action next week. And
Spoiler for 06 preview:

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones