AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-29, 21:14   Link #281
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

If you guys are going to be comparing swords, please take it to PM. As cool as swords are, they're off-topic. (and don't even get me going on the whole movie/TV/anime replica sword thing...)
Old 2010-08-29, 23:13   Link #282
Jarmel

I love Ichigo's new design. I wonder if he's compressing all of his power into physical attacks similar to his bankai but on a whole 'nother level. Either way this might be his best entrance since the SS arc.
Old 2010-08-29, 23:19   Link #283
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Can't wait to see his perfect Hollow/Soul Reaper form. That and ever since Aizen turned into a butterfly...I've really wanted him to die. I've never found Aizen to be a terribly annoying villain save for the "just as planned" repetition, but his new form is just terrible. I get the whole metamorphosis progression with his "evolution", but that doesn't mean he needed to actually become a butterfly.
Old 2010-08-30, 01:15   Link #284
velvet nightmare

now that i think about it, wasn't aizen expecting ichigo to be wtfpowerful to begin with, even if he was pushed back by brute force, i'd think he's smart enough after pulling off the planning ichigo's every fight to give himself a reasonable margin of error.

and wouldn't ichigo be trapped in aizen's shikai already since he stepped out of the hyperbolic chamber with aizen's sword already drawn?
Old 2010-08-30, 02:07   Link #285
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
and wouldn't ichigo be trapped in aizen's shikai already since he stepped out of the hyperbolic chamber with aizen's sword already drawn?
He'd only be trapped if Ichigo was looking at the blade at the moment Aizen decides to release to shikai. So while it's possible Kubo may reveal he's already been tricked into falling under hypnosis, there's plenty of possibility to assume the contrary at this point. Based on what we've seen and heard, Aizen typically likes to make absolutely sure people are looking at his zanpakuto at the time of it's release.
Old 2010-08-30, 12:41   Link #286
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Thats easy.

HAY ichigo imma release ultimate attack. lol sorry it was just my shikai.
Old 2010-08-30, 15:36   Link #287
iBeast

Damn brand new Ichigo looks bad ass. Oh yeah, note to GIN: Don't ever double cross Aizen-sama.
Old 2010-08-30, 15:53   Link #288
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
He'd only be trapped if Ichigo was looking at the blade at the moment Aizen decides to release to shikai. So while it's possible Kubo may reveal he's already been tricked into falling under hypnosis, there's plenty of possibility to assume the contrary at this point. Based on what we've seen and heard, Aizen typically likes to make absolutely sure people are looking at his zanpakuto at the time of it's release.
iirc watching the anime and the flashbacks, i noticed that aizen hadn't done anything special even going as far as a shikai release , he just cut people, and yet the vizards 100 years later are susceptible to his hypnosis

so unless this is some sort of contradiction he wouldn't have to verbally or visibly hypnotize someone?
Old 2010-08-30, 15:59   Link #289
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
iirc watching the anime and the flashbacks, i noticed that aizen hadn't done anything special even going as far as a shikai release , he just cut people, and yet the vizards 100 years later are susceptible to his hypnosis

so unless this is some sort of contradiction he wouldn't have to verbally or visibly hypnotize someone?
Of course he just slashes people, but he is able to kill some thanks to his zanpaktou's spiritual pressure.
Old 2010-08-30, 16:46   Link #290
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Hopefully this week's chapter will focus on something else then Ichi Vs Ai-chan Hoax ass battle -_-
Old 2010-08-30, 16:58   Link #291
sayde

Quote:
iirc watching the anime and the flashbacks, i noticed that aizen hadn't done anything special even going as far as a shikai release
When you say Aizen hand't done anything special even going as far as a shikai release, then you'd be absolutely correct. All hypnosis requires is for one to look at his sword at the moment he releases it (which can be done at virtually anytime in the most subtle ways). And since he can release to shikai without saying a command (since he knows Bankai) and the form of the sword itself doesn't appear to undergo any sort of visible change, then even after he releases to shikai, there'd be no way to know what just happened.

Quote:
and yet the vizards 100 years later are susceptible to his hypnosis
That's because the spell never wore off of the Vizards even after Aizen had used it on them over a century ago . And once an individual has fallen victim to the hypnosis ceremony, Aizen can conjure up illusions at any time without any verbal or visual cues.

Quote:
For the sake of clarification, Aizen need only to visually hypnotize someone once for them to fall victim to complete hypnosis. From that moment forth, no known verbal or visual cues are necessary to use illusions on the victim. The problem is, the visual cue to look out for can be difficult (if not impossible) to see coming.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-08-30 at 17:09.
Old 2010-08-31, 00:59   Link #292
velvet nightmare

ah ok that all makes sense, thanks for clearing it up
Old 2010-08-31, 02:10   Link #293
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
And since he can release to shikai without saying a command (since he knows Bankai) and the form of the sword itself doesn't appear to undergo any sort of visible change, then even after he releases to shikai, there'd be no way to know what just happened.
Doesn't his sword shatter?
Quote:
The problem is, the visual cue to look out for can be difficult (if not impossible) to see coming.
Swords lock, Aizen releases...everyone dies
Old 2010-08-31, 04:51   Link #294
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Doesn't his sword shatter?
The only time you see anything shatter is when Aizen turns off his hypnosis...
Just watch the flashback when Aizen met barragan... that's pretty much exactly how his shikai works

He shows it, he releases, and boom your under his spell and you don't even know it
Old 2010-08-31, 07:29   Link #295
ikorack

If Ichigo uses kido i will need a new pair of pants.(it would totally be worth it though)
Old 2010-08-31, 08:08   Link #296
Mashda2k6

How will the story continue after the mullet mofo is ded?
Old 2010-08-31, 08:57   Link #297
Lumilicious
Lurking~ ( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
The only time you see anything shatter is when Aizen turns off his hypnosis...
Just watch the flashback when Aizen met barragan... that's pretty much exactly how his shikai works

He shows it, he releases, and boom your under his spell and you don't even know it
The Problem I have right now with that (With the talk about Aizens Shikaihax) is the whole "My Spiritual Pressure is so High that it nullifies your Techniques"... the dumb excuse when Soi Fong Attacked Aizen with her Shikai.

Ichigo's Spiritual Pressure is so High that Aizen can't get a grasp of it, that means his Shikaihax shouldn't work on Ichigo anymore. If Kubo hasn't forgotten about it already , cos i doubt that Ichigo is actually hiding his Spiritual Pressure.

It's just an assumption... maybe Ichigo is just hiding his Spiritual Pressure, I don't know why he should do that though... especially after the hint we got from Uruhara when Aizen evolved into that... Thing.
Old 2010-08-31, 09:32   Link #298
lucasd

Bleach does not make sense,
but it would be stupid that Aizen being a super genius captain does not have bankai lvl2
(BTW every captain including vizards should have it!, excluding the youngest)
Hollow power as far as we can see are worth not much (vizards etc.), but Aizen is beyond that with hougyoku
So how the hell is Ichigo suppose to do something?
Not mentioning that hole in the chest destroying internal organs means nothing to Aizen....
Old 2010-08-31, 10:22   Link #299
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Kramer View Post
The Problem I have right now with that (With the talk about Aizens Shikaihax) is the whole "My Spiritual Pressure is so High that it nullifies your Techniques"... the dumb excuse when Soi Fong Attacked Aizen with her Shikai.
I'm too lazy to double check the chapters but i don't think that was exactly Aizen's excuse.
Go back to Kenpachi vs Ichigo. There we learned that If your spiritual pressure is superior enough, your opponent will be unable to scratch you with their sword. Same logic Applies to Aizen vs Soi fon, if the power level difference is large enough, Soi Fon will be unable to scratch him... if Soi Fon can't scratch him, she can't stab him, and if she can't stab him, she can't poison him with her shikai... as such, Her shikai is unable to work on him because she's too weak to break his skin.
Old 2010-08-31, 14:18   Link #300
strategos

My guess, Aizen need Ichigo to kill him. That's why he said: "I even gave you more time for you" or around those lines. Then after Aizen dies, Karakura Town returns to earth. Orihime returns. Everyone thinks, everything is over. Then we see Orihime walking, like she is being control. After that she revives Aizen, and he becomes the Ultimate Being.
"Just as plan!"

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter thread