AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-04, 16:06   Link #61
CygnusX

Wow thanks for the big explanation. I'll certainly look for some of the manga's / anime's ure mentioning

Off topic: It's very annoying that the anime cuts a lot out of the real story in the manga, like u say with some series. But I still prefer the anime. Only when the anime ends too quickly or it's too bad, will I read the manga. I enjoy the anime more becos I feel more involved in it...

Back on topic: Of Marmalade Boy I saw the only the first episode where Yuu kisses Miki in the nurse's office yes. I'll try to see a couple more episodes and I'll read the manga too so I can compare.
After that, I'll try Peach Girl.

edit: wow u even are editing your post and putting pictures with it, nice!
Still, the girl seems quite ... unfemale-like, ah well ...

Last edited by CygnusX; 2006-09-04 at 16:17.
Old 2006-09-04, 16:35   Link #62
MamoruUsagi

Bokura ga Ita
The Devil Does Exist
Kare First Love
Mars
Fushigi Yuugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Sailor Moon
Marmalade Boy
Kare Kano
Peach Girl
Happy Hustle High
Paradise Kiss
Ultra Cute
High School Debut
Fushigi Yugi
Ceres Celestial Legend
Love Attack
Absolute Boyfriend
Doubt!!
Akuma De Sourou
Punch!
We Were There
Ultra Maniac

These show the couples as boyfriend and girlfriened and dating and in relationships with kissing, sex, break ups, marriages, pregnancies, engagements, dating.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2009-01-18 at 12:53.
Old 2006-09-06, 11:49   Link #63
Alex Ikari
Berserk Knight

Hehe, I just finished Tsukuyomi Moon Phase and I absolutely love it! There's so few Animes I've watched that's had an ending that I actually like. Anyway, do you guys think I should get episode 26? I heard it was like an extra or something.
Old 2006-09-06, 12:32   Link #64
Grungir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ikari
Hehe, I just finished Tsukuyomi Moon Phase and I absolutely love it! There's so few Animes I've watched that's had an ending that I actually like. Anyway, do you guys think I should get episode 26? I heard it was like an extra or something.
Yea,
It is pretty strange though...
Old 2006-09-07, 18:08   Link #65
CygnusX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamoruUsagi
I usually like manga better, because it has the whole story. Like with Peach Girl, whenever the manga would mention sex, the anime would change it to kissing, which would change the emotion........
Lol I just saw the second episode of Peach Girl and it's really funny when that happens But it's so obvious they're not talking about just kissing so it doesn't really bother me. It's probably so that little kids can see te series too

I have read the manga of Marmelade Boy now and I'm really liking it. Though at the start it seemed quite childish, it develops in later volumes and at volume 5 it gets really good and I was really cheering for the couple to get together . I'm going to see the anime too; he manga is only 8 volumes, but the anime is 76 episodes so I wonder what they'll use for filler episodes

I read part of the manga of kare First Love too. This one I really like from the beginning. The couple getting together quite soon abd then the relation developping. That's sort of what I wanted to see.
Old 2006-09-08, 05:17   Link #66
MamoruUsagi

I'm glad I helped someone here find some series.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-09-08 at 09:41.
Old 2006-09-08, 07:40   Link #67
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusX
but the anime is 76 episodes so I wonder what they'll use for filler episodes
They don't, at least not in the normal sense of the word filler. The entire series has a good foundation with lots of different things happening, it doesn't get filler-ish at all really

Incidentally, awesome choice of username, I assume it's probably related to the kickass trance act of the same name?
Old 2006-09-08, 12:48   Link #68
CygnusX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Incidentally, awesome choice of username, I assume it's probably related to the kickass trance act of the same name?
U talking to me? If yes, I don't know what ure talking about ... If no, excuse me
Old 2006-09-08, 14:05   Link #69
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Yes, you. Cygnus X is the name of a well-known trance producer. Coincidence I guess, though it's not exactly a common name (particularly not the X part).
Old 2006-09-08, 14:09   Link #70
rooboy
Umeboshi!

It's also the name of a black hole (I've never heard of the trance producer before - I don't even know what "trance" is, though I'm assuming it's a style of music).
Old 2006-09-08, 15:49   Link #71
CygnusX

Oh ... I didn't know that .... about the trance and about the black hole ...

My name is from Saint Seiya (Chevaliers de Zodiaque), the Saint Cygnus Hyouga ....

The X is just becos at many fora a Cygnus already exists and it sounds cool

(Sorry for being off topic )
Old 2006-09-09, 10:12   Link #72
Lotiman

Marmalade Boy
Onegai Teacher
Koi Kaze
Old 2006-09-09, 15:30   Link #73
CygnusX

I just finished the anime of Peach Girl.

I must say this is one awfull terrible anime! i only finished it because I wanted to know how it ends. i've read the Suzuka, Marmelade boy en Kare First love before and those 3 kinda are fun to read, cos it's about happy couples who have some troubles but most of the time, it's fun to watch / read. On the contrary, most of the time when seeing PeachGirl, I only get to feel miserable ....

The following is about the story and I'm just so mad at the moment that I want to unleash my frustrations about Peach Girl to the world, so don't read this if u don't want to be bored or spoiled
Spoiler:

I didn't completely hate Peach Girl though. There were moments that I enjoyed it, most of the time when the couple would make up again after a fight, but unfortunetaly, those moments never did last very long...

2 things I really liked about it:
Spoiler:

2. It ended the way it was suppoed to be, so the in the end I still was really happy
Old 2006-09-09, 16:31   Link #74
jayj713

I just finished Suzuka and I dunno about other people but I think it's one of my favorite drama/romance animes . Kimi ga Nozomu Eien was really good but also sad.
Old 2006-09-09, 16:32   Link #75
MamoruUsagi

Anyway, how far did you get in Marmalade Boy and Kare First Love?

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2009-01-18 at 12:42.
Old 2006-09-09, 17:13   Link #76
CygnusX

As I said, even if the photographs are horriifiing if spread and she'll have a bad reputation and all, both Touji and Momo loved each other at the moment and Toujo shouldn't have agreed with Sae to brake up with Momo. As i said, u can't negotiate with terrorists. Sae could have gone on and on with her blackmail. To give in to her threats are not the way to solve it. It might be different in the manga, but that's how I see it now.

And Touji was a great guy, like at Momo 's birthday, his surprise was very nice for her, but sometimes he just was way too stupid. Can't forgive him for letting Momo stay in the cold and after that hurting her even though in the manga he might have looked better...

About the other manga's, I already mentioned them in earlier posts.
Marmelade Boy I finished the 8 volumes.
kare first Love I have read only 5 volumes, but I want more

The one I love most is Suzuka though.

Last edited by CygnusX; 2006-09-09 at 17:54.
Old 2006-09-09, 17:29   Link #77
MamoruUsagi

I read all the volumes of Kare First Love released so far. The final volume (10) is going to be released in a couple months.

The manga Mars is a drama series, too. I read it a long time before Kare First Love and their are a lot of similarities, but Mars is more mature and dramatic and it's not as repetetive. It also has a lot of plot twists. There are 15 volumes. The story was a lot more mature. You might like that series. You should buy the first volume and see how you like it. All 15 volumes are good. Kare Kano, another manga also has drama and you might like that as well.

The series Happy Hustle High is really cute and sweet. While the series Doubt! may have had the characters drawn more realistically, Happy Hustle High's characters were so much more lovable and realistic and the relationship in Happy Hustle High was so much cuter, sweeter and more heartfelt. While Happy Hustle High may look like more of a playful series, it's characters and the relationships are so much more lovable, realistic and sweeter than Doubt!.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-09-09 at 20:01.
Old 2006-09-10, 05:18   Link #78
Aishii_Yorii
Dawn's Radience

Nup. I still like Arina Tanemura's work
Old 2006-09-11, 23:30   Link #79
Alex Ikari
Berserk Knight

I just finished watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and yep, it's definitely one of the better Animes I've seen. I love these content, somewhat open endings, that let you know everything turned out well but plenty more could happen. I just wanted to say thanks again everyone for all the helpful suggestions.

For any of you that might be curious, of all the recommendations I've gotten so far I've watched Mahoromatic, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, and Gunparade. At the moment I'm thinking of getting Karin, and Utawarerumono, and a few others once I reread this thread for ideas.

P.S.- Does anyone know of a site I can get Tsukuyomi music? I'm mostly interested in the ending theme and the battle(?) I guess. I've tried Limewire under numerous search titles but I'm getting no results. >.<

Last edited by Alex Ikari; 2006-09-12 at 00:21.
Old 2006-11-22, 20:53   Link #80
Alex Ikari
Berserk Knight

Gah! Well just spent the better part of 2 weeks downloading Maburaho and it turns out it's dubbed which would be fine except it also has subtitles that are different from the dialogue... In any case, I was just curious about a few things. . .

First off what does a DVD rip really mean? I don't know much about computers and all that but I assumed all Fansub groups do in these situations is copy the DVD version onto a file or something; but do they bother subbing it? Or is it usually dubbed? In any case if all of the above are wrong, what do Fansub groups do with DVD rips?

Secondly, is there some way for me to turn the subbed version on rather than use the dubbed version + subtitles? The voice actors are somewhat bad and the differences between the dialogue and subtitles are really distracting me...

Lastly; this seems to be a somwhat unknown Anime with few groups having fansubbed it but can anyone recommend a group that did a good job on Maburaho? Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
romance