AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-27, 22:29   Link #121
Theowne
耳をすませば

Though I wouldn't say I love it, Naruto isn't as bad as people say - i.e. the punching bag of many online anime fans these days, though it's not hated.

Now, I've never watched any episode past 80, but those early couple of seasons, while not exactly deep or innovative, were perfectly enjoyable stories featuring likable shonen elements (bravery, friendship, etc). The first story arc in particular did a good job of humanizing the villains.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..

Last edited by Theowne; 2009-08-29 at 17:44.
Old 2009-08-28, 05:21   Link #122
*Forte*
~ 長門 有希 ~

To me it's School Days and some anime which has a manga and the manga sux (I like the manga but my friends hate it) like To Love Ru.
Old 2009-08-28, 07:28   Link #123
patnam

Right now is Umineko, but I dunno whether everyone else take no interest on this series...
Old 2009-08-28, 13:49   Link #124
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Umineko is like one of my favorite series so far this year although I havn't been very vocal about it when compared to the many who played the VN
Old 2009-08-28, 14:34   Link #125
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Do a lot of people who played the Umineko VN actually hate the anime adaptation? (I don't know since I am completely avoiding that entire sub-forum in order to prevent spoilers). I figured a lot probably would since that seems to come with the territory of adaptations. I've only played episode one of the VN but I think the first arc of the anime was a really good adaptation of it. Sure it cut out some stuff but it was mostly mundane details and all the relevant plot points seemed to be intact.
Old 2009-08-28, 20:23   Link #126
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

I can't really accurately say how the VN players feel about the adaptation since as an anime only viewer I'm avoiding all the spoiler threads/tags where they likely keep all their complaints about it but I wouldn't say they downright hate it. They're just nitpicking it to death, something alot of fans of any source material do anyways.
Old 2009-08-28, 20:59   Link #127
Oppius
Banned

K-On!

As a fan from its beginning I have no idea why so many people hated it. Maybe not here but on other forums people bash it for some unknown reasons. I believe they just simply jump onto the bandwagon. They caught up onto anti-KyoAni hype. Some said that people who hated it are Haruhi fans, as its second season was delayed until this summer but I don't think so. Perhaps people who hated K-On! are exactly the same people who hated Haruhi earlier. As far as I can tell, people who hated K-On! are:

1. GAR-obsessed guys.

2. Bishie-obsessed girls.

3. Yaoi fangirls.

4. Narutards/Bleachtards and any other fans of long shounen shows.

5. Anti-KyoAni folks.

6. People who just jumped onto bandwagon without even watching the show.
Old 2009-08-28, 21:16   Link #128
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppius View Post
As far as I can tell, people who hated K-On! are:
You forgot the most important group; people who genuinely just didn't care for the show.

A lot of people just aren't interested in purely moe-driven shows, and trying to ridicule everyone who disagrees with you about the merits of K-on as "obsessed and ignorant" doesn't help your case.
Old 2009-08-29, 07:36   Link #129
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
K-On!

As a fan from its beginning I have no idea why so many people hated it. Maybe not here but on other forums people bash it for some unknown reasons. I believe they just simply jump onto the bandwagon. They caught up onto anti-KyoAni hype. Some said that people who hated it are Haruhi fans, as its second season was delayed until this summer but I don't think so. Perhaps people who hated K-On! are exactly the same people who hated Haruhi earlier. As far as I can tell, people who hated K-On! are:

1. GAR-obsessed guys.

3. Yaoi fangirls.

5. Anti-KyoAni folks.

Hmm, I didn't really think much of it. I didn't hate it either because there's nothing particularly offensive; I sorta like the songs.

However, I suppose the characters could come across as annoying, the jokes aren't really funny, and the story seems aimless. Though it does seem to attract a lot more hate then it should imo. It's a cute little series that does its job. Nothing more, nothing less (at least to me)

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-08-29, 08:57   Link #130
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
K-On!

1. GAR-obsessed guys.

3. Yaoi fangirls.

5. Anti-KyoAni folks.

One criticism that I heard of K-On is that the girls don't function as a band enough; they don't practice/sing many songs.

Now, after watching 11 episodes of K-On, I find it Ok, but I can see how somebody who picked it up mainly for the band aspect might have been put off by the lack of actual band activity.
Old 2009-08-29, 11:35   Link #131
space cowboy
cowboy of space

Salaryman Kintaro

Haha anyone thats seen the packaging or a trailer for the series wouldn't even attempt to consider watching it. However i loved it and find it highly under rated. I wish i could get hold of the manga.
Old 2009-08-29, 16:32   Link #132
animeboy12

eiken

I know I won't get support with this one but I really enjoyed this one. Granted it doesn't do it's 18 volume manga counterpart any justice, nor doesn't cover the main plot of the manga but it was a fun romp for people like me who've never seen the manga. It had a functional story that moved at a fast pace, fluid animation (especially on the breasts), it didn't play it safe like most ecchi series, and they keep the series short(though it was supposed to be longer). Unfortunately a lot of people can't get the breasts(or the fanservice) to see that it was a pretty functional anime series that appealed (and parodied) to the interest of people with different sexual preferences.
Old 2009-08-29, 16:35   Link #133
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

Magikano's dub is LMAO-funny. I was like, ROLLING ON THE FLOOR.....
Example: "Does Yuri have to CHOKE A B**CH!?"
Adding to the humor of the dub.

"The force is with us! We'll never give into the Empire's power!"

And another.

"So my assumptions were right! your a yuri girl in a yuri world!"

More!!

(Talking about the eel XD) "Its so slimy it makes me horny!!"

I honestly don't understand why Magikano gets so much hate.
Old 2009-08-29, 17:22   Link #134
FatalMemory

Quote:
Perhaps people who hated K-On! are exactly the same people who hated Haruhi earlier.
Actually, it's funny how this can go both ways, as far as I've seen:
Haruhi is seen as too mainstream by the more "hardcore" anime fans (which sometimes includes moe fans), meaning there's some universal agreement to declare it's crapness, as if to not promote it any further.

K-On is seen as just another show about moe (which appeals to the moe fans), and the same people who hated Lucky Star also hate this show.

As for shows that I like that others don't...

Bleach - You even see the kind of folk who attend cons ripping on Bleach, dressed as Naruto no less!
To me, it's like a replacement for Dragonball Z.
Endless powerups, drawn out battles, repetitive monologues about saving friends etc...it's all there. The pivotal differences being, there are more characters, everyone has swords and everything is 200% more dramatic, just the way I like it.
Old 2009-08-29, 17:40   Link #135
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One criticism that I heard of K-On is that the girls don't function as a band enough; they don't practice/sing many songs.

Now, after watching 11 episodes of K-On, I find it Ok, but I can see how somebody who picked it up mainly for the band aspect might have been put off by the lack of actual band activity.
Aye, that was most of my issue (though I actually ended up somewhat liking the show (not memorable but enjoyable). I was thinking "show about a band starting up" and just assumed it would be something like the Monkees, with a song in every episode. That would make sense from a marketing perspective and may still happen in OVAs and follow-on CDs.

Most of the rage I witnessed seemed to be more "argh, this is taking energy from Haruhi!" or "what???? ANOTHER "girls doing cute stuff 4-koma?????".

Ah well.. this thread is just for people to mention anime they like they don't think anyone else likes. They don't have to defend their like of it or rage about others who didn't like it.
Old 2009-08-29, 17:43   Link #136
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
K-On!

7. People who like good anime.

(Sorry, I'm just making a dumb reply to a dumb post)

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2009-08-29, 17:49   Link #137
qwertyuiopz

Quote:
K-On!

k-on is fail, i tried not to sleep while watching it
the teacher made me lol a few times and the ed song is good but thats about it
and i am a kyoto fan incase u try to assume anything
Old 2009-08-29, 17:56   Link #138
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalMemory View Post
Actually, it's funny how this can go both ways, as far as I've seen:
Haruhi is seen as too mainstream by the more "hardcore" anime fans (which sometimes includes moe fans), meaning there's some universal agreement to declare it's crapness, as if to not promote it any further.

K-On is seen as just another show about moe (which appeals to the moe fans), and the same people who hated Lucky Star also hate this show.

As for shows that I like that others don't...

Bleach - You even see the kind of folk who attend cons ripping on Bleach, dressed as Naruto no less!
To me, it's like a replacement for Dragonball Z.
Endless powerups, drawn out battles, repetitive monologues about saving friends etc...it's all there. The pivotal differences being, there are more characters, everyone has swords and everything is 200% more dramatic, just the way I like it.
lol, that's so ironic. Basically a lot of people for some reason like to belittle other people's hobbies and call them losers while not realizing that they live in a glass house. Reminds me of all the asinine wars on the internet of stuff like Star Trek Vs Star Wars (and fans of the rival franchise must be losers-- one can't like both) Insert any other two franchises to your liking and you'll get similar wars. And of course when people who are fans of one anime show bash another, they should really realize there's quite a few people who hold that same negative opinion about anime and its fans in general.

Glass houses, people.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-08-29, 18:08   Link #139
FatalMemory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Insert any other two franchises to your liking and you'll get similar wars.
Exactly!
In the end, it's all opinion.
I can't stand a lot of "great" series because sometimes the art just doesn't appeal to me, or I never come to like the characters, or the story is just too slow etc...
One mans trash is another mans treasure.

Also, generalizing isn't totally pointless.
I find it reasonable to say, the portion of the fanbase who'd never buy a DVD usually dislike dubs. Which is sort of interesting from a business point of view.
But this isn't the topic for that.
Old 2009-08-29, 18:26   Link #140
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Kamen no Maid Guy needs more appreciation because its an awesome comedy. I'm not saying its the best comedy around but its funny nonetheless and its something that I seriously enjoy watching. Not alot of people talked about it and I have friends who get turned off just by looking at the title alone because it seems like its about some guy who cross-dress as a maid. The thing is they should look into it more and understand what the concept of the show is all about. And people who do watch it criticized it for its budget saying that the animation looks cheaply done and that the fanservice in the series is an eye-roller. Then again, its their opinion but they should look more into it for the people who judge this series by the title. Its a good anime, not great, but still good. Which is why its underrated.

Same goes for Queen's Blade. I like this series but alot of people don't mainly because this series is heavy (and I mean HEAVY) on boobs and fanservice. But as a fan of oppai (boob gags, basically) I found this to be really enjoyable and yes, I'm looking forward to the second season! I know a few people, perhaps there are more, but I'm talking about the people that I know, who pussed out and dropped it at the third episode seemingly because they could not take the fanservice any longer and decided to stop watching it. Then there are people who claimed that this series is a Claymore rip-off. No offense to those who think it is but I don't see the similarities...
Closed Thread