Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-09, 21:12   Link #441
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Valkyria sales were up 400% in april. probably due to a price drop and the anime being released.

they cut the price in half and sold 4x as much, which basically means they sold twice as many copies.
I'm happy for SEGA and for the game itself, that's great news! I was really disappointed that a great game such as this went so far under the radar when it was released, and I'm sure SEGA themselves were regretting ever localizing the game. Here's hoping this wonderful turnabout brings on motivation for a sequel!
Old 2009-06-10, 07:34   Link #442
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
I'm happy for SEGA and for the game itself, that's great news! I was really disappointed that a great game such as this went so far under the radar when it was released, and I'm sure SEGA themselves were regretting ever localizing the game. Here's hoping this wonderful turnabout brings on motivation for a sequel!
I doubt there's any question of an eventual sequel... in Japan. I am mildly worried about the chances of a stateside visit, but if sales in the US keep on keepin' on...
Old 2009-06-10, 07:40   Link #443
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Any kind of following up would be acceptable, i mean it doesn't even have to be a sequel (i don't see how they'd carry on the story anyway). Just as long as they stick with the same format, then i'd be very happy.
Old 2009-06-10, 07:45   Link #444
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Any kind of following up would be acceptable, i mean it doesn't even have to be a sequel (i don't see how they'd carry on the story anyway). Just as long as they stick with the same format, then i'd be very happy.
I wanna know more about the other front of the war. I don't need to see Squad 7 in a sequel (though it'd be stupid to not have them cameo somewhere), there's an entire warfront that was ignored in-game. Clearly that's a place a sequel could go.
Old 2009-06-10, 07:57   Link #445
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, the name of the game is Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles. Why not make a whole series on Valkyrias under other nations? Obviously AU in nature, of course.
Old 2009-06-10, 10:18   Link #446
Solecs

My thought was that they could do a prequel about EW1 and Welkin's father. I figured it'd be neat if say Welkin finds General Gunther's journal/diary or something. Then they could keep the book approach and also jump back to the "present time" on occasion for perspective.

There are also characters that should make reappearances with a prequel. I mean Rosie, Largo, Catherine, Musaad, Cpt. Varrot, and a host of others are EW1 veterans. How cool would it be to use Cpt. Varrot as a sniper .
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 10:25   Link #447
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
My thought was that they could do a prequel about EW1 and Welkin's father. I figured it'd be neat if say Welkin finds General Gunther's journal/diary or something. Then they could keep the book approach and also jump back to the "present time" on occasion for perspective.

There are also characters that should make reappearances with a prequel. I mean Rosie, Largo, Catherine, Musaad, Cpt. Varrot, and a host of others are EW1 veterans. How cool would it be to use Cpt. Varrot as a sniper .
Another place the sequel could go. Clearly there are lots of them! I wanna know if anyone else has ideas as to where a sequel could go.
Old 2009-06-10, 10:35   Link #448
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
My PS3 should be here today. -rubs hands together- Hopefully Valkyria is not far behind.
Old 2009-06-10, 12:26   Link #449
cloner4000

The price cut's only at Gamestop though which each store had 3 copies each..not nearly enough as most store were out by 2nd or 3rd day. It still made top 5 on Amazon though which was selling at around $40-45 so it's better than half. But all in all very good news.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 00:14   Link #450
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
My PS3 should be here today. -rubs hands together- Hopefully Valkyria is not far behind.
Just got the game and starting the 2nd mission.

I'm liking the game's version of the story 10000% better than the anime. Still figuring out the battle system, it's going to take me awhile. Got a C rank on the introduction battle, I can tell it's going to be rough until I get the hang of everything.
Old 2009-06-11, 00:19   Link #451
cloner4000

The first battle is easy if you realize that you can just use one character..otherwise is you try to go for the sensible way of bring the group up..it'll take to long..But that shouldn't really matter what rank you get.

Glad you like the story..it's quite a bit different from the Anime in a lot of parts ...hope you'll like it.
Old 2009-06-11, 00:59   Link #452
justinstrife

They really screwed up Alicia's and Welkin's characters in the anime in my opinion. Welkin is a lot more action orientated and Alicia is more trusting and likable in the game so far.

So what if this cost me 400 dollars to experience. It's worth it so far!

I think I'm destined for C-Rankings...

Last edited by justinstrife; 2009-06-11 at 01:19.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 01:02   Link #453
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, there are other uses for the PS3 machine. For me, I need to secure my first job ever, before I think about this again.
Old 2009-06-11, 03:25   Link #454
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I think I'm destined for C-Rankings...

It won't always be like that, believe me. I'm pretty sure everyone who's played this game has that thought at least once.
Old 2009-06-11, 03:28   Link #455
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

It won't always be like that, believe me. I'm pretty sure everyone who's played this game has that thought at least once.
I need to completely change how I go about doing the missions if I ever hope to get out of mediocrity. I can tell already I'm only cracking the surface of all the options and strategies available to me(I just haven't figured them out yet).

Loving the game so far.
Old 2009-06-11, 09:38   Link #456
Solecs

Keep in mind that the ranking system is based entirely on the number of turns it takes you to complete a mission. However, I think it's a good idea to just have fun your first time through. You can go back afterwards with new game+ and A-rank everything.

Also, if you just rush through you'll probably miss a few Aces along the way. While most of the equipment you get from them kind of sucks, enemy flame throwers (these are awesome when you finally get them by the way ) and tank upgrades are generally better. At least in my opinion.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 11:39   Link #457
Woopzilla
Desensitized

I really wish they had based ranks on several other things than just turns.

Taking minimal damage/not having anyone get downed, eliminating 90% of the enemy forces, capturing all flags and taking less than 10 or 15 turns should warrant an A rank, but it's just simply take under '3 to 5' turns.

But yea, pay no attention to ranks on your first go. I never even used saves during missions, so I had to deal with every mishap but I felt it made it enjoyable and more 'real'. It's great fun to play in a tactical way and very satisfying when completing that last objective after succeeding in the complete domination and annihilation of the enemy forces, regardless that the game says you Rank as D or less.
Old 2009-06-11, 12:28   Link #458
cloner4000

Since I've heard people finish the game without being at very high level But if you find yourself getting stuck..there is one or two skirmish map that you can keep playing to farm exp and money quite easily. So you don't have to worry too much about the lost exp/money from getting C-rank.
Old 2009-06-11, 12:30   Link #459
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The game can be completed without doing any of the skirmishes, but yeah like you said they're basically there for people who want to over power the enemy. I'd rather be around about the same level as the enemy, makes for a better battle.
Old 2009-06-11, 13:18   Link #460
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

I didn't even play any skirmishes apart from the first one, and the reward was so lackluster that I decided it wasn't worth using it to farm. In my opinion, each story mission gives you just enough EXP and money to survive the next story mission with a good amount of strategy, and I find that situation is what makes the game enjoyable in the first place.

Plus I was so into the story I just wanted to keep chugging forward. >_>