AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-12, 11:59   Link #321
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
lulz, this response was so expected
Awesome.

Quote:
where in my post did it say you agree with what the negative kaaya posters post?
all l did was call you a hypocrite because you are calling out all those who bash fatina yet the kaaya bashers which are more extreme go unaccountable to you.
So wait, the only way you could reply to my post was to copy what i said? It seems that way.

I'm not going to carry this on, because i already said why i was standing up for Fatina and that's done. I also do not agree with the Kaaya bashing, though expect a Kaaya fan who dislikes Fatina to jump on me just because i was defending her.

Anyway, hopefully all this talk will finish soon, and we can actually discuss the show, and not who Jil will end up, who he belongs with, and who he has feelings for. This is not a 100% romance show people.
Old 2009-01-12, 12:09   Link #322
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
lulz, this response was so expected

where in my post did it say you agree with what the negative kaaya posters post?
all l did was call you a hypocrite because you are calling out all those who bash fatina yet the kaaya bashers which are more extreme go unaccountable to you.
Where do I begin... he's not being a hypocrite since he's not bashing either. Kaaya "throwing Jil away" is pretty much correct, she did in fact betray him for whatever purpose so that's not bashing. The only real Kaaya bashers I've seen haven't actually posted that much. I'm not a basher since I actually like her, I just said she was likely to die due to the vision. Meanwhile, Fatina bashing is coming left and right as JilxKaaya fans much like yourself are trying to discredit a JilxFatina relationship at every turn with a level of fanaticism that dwarfs al'Qaeda's faith in Islam by a quite a margin (yes, a hyperbole but it illustrates the stupidity quite well).
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 12:10   Link #323
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm not going to carry this on, because i already said why i was standing up for Fatina and that's done. I also do not agree with the Kaaya bashing, though expect a Kaaya fan who dislikes Fatina to jump on me just because i was defending her.

Anyway, hopefully all this talk will finish soon, and we can actually discuss the show, and not who Jil will end up, who he belongs with, and who he has feelings for. This is not a 100% romance show people.
l guess reading comprehension isn't your friend, l have never jumped on you for defending your character l have only called you out as to being a hypocrite...since that's what you where being a few posts ago.

l will agree with you on this note, it be nice to discuss about the actual show and not just who will end with who, no matter how obvious the pairing at the end will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Where do I begin... he's not being a hypocrite since he's not bashing either. Kaaya "throwing Jil away" is pretty much correct, she did in fact betray him for whatever purpose so that's not bashing. The only real Kaaya bashers I've seen haven't actually posted that much. I'm not a basher since I actually like her, I just said she was likely to die due to the vision. Meanwhile, Fatina bashing is coming left and right as JilxKaaya fans much like yourself are trying to discredit a JilxFatina relationship at every turn with a level of fanaticism that dwarfs al'Qaeda's faith in Islam by a quite a margin (yes, a hyperbole but it illustrates the stupidity quite well).
O'rly?
Where has the fatina bashing come from exactly?
No one is calling fatina names or wishing the worse for her, like some are doing so for kaaya. Yes he is being a hypocrite by the fact that he is only calling out those who are attacking fatina's character and not kaaya's....how is that so hard to understand?
speaking of level of fanaticism it's funny how it can be used the other way, as to how jilxfatina are at such the same level that they are making something out of nothing.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 12:16   Link #324
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
l guess reading comprehension isn't your friend, l have never jumped on you for defending your character l have only called you out as to being a hypocrite...since that's what you where being a few posts ago.
I was not being a hypocrite at all. Like Tokkan said, i have not bashed anyone in this thread, so how can you call me a hypocrite?

& my character? Since when have i made a post saying i like Fatina over Kaaya, or the other way round? Never, that's what.

Wonderful. I come into the thread trying to make peace so we can actually start talking about the show, and i get labeled a hypocrite for doing nothing wrong.
Old 2009-01-12, 12:28   Link #325
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
I was not being a hypocrite at all. Like Tokkan said, i have not bashed anyone in this thread, so how can you call me a hypocrite?

& my character? Since when have i made a post saying i like Fatina over Kaaya, or the other way round? Never, that's what.

Wonderful. I come into the thread trying to make peace so we can actually start talking about the show, and i get labeled a hypocrite for doing nothing wrong.
/sigh

I'll try to make it clear as possible....l enter a room where there are to sides arguing about which is better chocolate pudding or tapioca.

I am being a hypocrite and on top of that showing favoritisim by "Instead of blah,blah tapioca pudding, blah, blah, let's give it a try" by doing this l am preaching only to those tapioca bashers and totally ignoring those who are bashing chocolate pudding. That to me comes looking to be a hypocrite
Old 2009-01-12, 12:37   Link #326
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Hypocrisy is when you preach something you don't actually believe. Or in this situation, say something that contradicts your own actions. Shiroth is asking for bashing to stop, but he has not once bashed anyone, therefore he is not a hypocrite. Fatina bashing is more prominent and frequent, since it all stems from the romance talk. The Kaaya bashing was limited to wishing her death a while ago, now people are mostly stating actual facts (the fact she betrayed Jil) rather than say wishing that she'd die so it's not really bashing anymore.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2009-01-12 at 12:52.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 12:46   Link #327
SemperMalum

I'm throwing my opinion out there. It's actually more of a repeat of something I posted earlier in this thread.

While it is possible that the default JilxKaaya will prevail, I can easily predict/envision that Kaaya will be killed off/sacrificed. The fact that Ahmey, until further notice of potential rebirth, died in the first season is a testament that they will not go the route of saved by the power of plot.

And all the thoughts on Fatina not being into Jil is kind of iffy. While you can look at it that way, I believe she is infatuated with Jil but due to lack of response to the affection that is there, it comes off as she's just trying to use him as a stepping stone back into her own life.

Honestly, in my opinion, we got better interaction between JilxFatina in that one episode they were alone, then JilxKaaya did for the majority of the first season.

Ultimately though... And this is the honest truth... The correct pairing should be a harem pairing. Jil deserves to have both Kaaya and Fatina fawning over him and cooking for him, wearing nothing but aprons with nothing else underneath. Because, when you help deliver the death blow to a dragon and a god, even if it's a weak god, you best get some.
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 13:02   Link #328
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Hypocrisy is when you preach something you don't actually believe. Or in this situation, say something that contradicts your own actions. Shiroth is asking for bashing to stop, but he has not once bashed anyone, therefore he is not a hypocrite. Fatina bashing is more prominent and frequent, since it all stems from the romance talk. The Kaaya bashing was limited to wishing her death a while ago, now people are mostly stating actual facts (the fact she betrayed Jil) rather than say wishing that she'd die so it's not really bashing anymore.
Thanks Tokkan for explaining it. I hope he can read what you've said, and see where he's gone wrong.
Old 2009-01-12, 13:12   Link #329
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm going to be glad when the second episode airs... maybe then we can get back to talking about the plot and not just who Jil's going to end up with (assuming he ends up with anyone at all)

anyone else agree with me here, about wanting the second episode already? *ducks as the shippers start throwing things at me*

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 13:16   Link #330
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperMalum View Post
I'm throwing my opinion out there. It's actually more of a repeat of something I posted earlier in this thread.

While it is possible that the default JilxKaaya will prevail, I can easily predict/envision that Kaaya will be killed off/sacrificed. The fact that Ahmey, until further notice of potential rebirth, died in the first season is a testament that they will not go the route of saved by the power of plot.]
If Kaaya does end up dying, l'm hoping for a confession of love from jil and from her again...a nice kiss scene...

Although this might be way impossible and might actually kill the ending...if Kaaya died....l would like something like this to happen...

"Present time, you see all the main characters living their new daily modern lives like you see in both s1&s2 OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I'm going to be glad when the second episode airs... maybe then we can get back to talking about the plot and not just who Jil's going to end up with (assuming he ends up with anyone at all)

anyone else agree with me here, about wanting the second episode already? *ducks as the shippers start throwing things at me*
For the moment, l'm done with the the pairing discussion...and l'm with you that l just can't wait for next ep....
as to the reason why l think fatina is so opposed into climbing again is probably because she is afraid of seeing neeba is more likely.
:::throws wet cucumbers at Magin::: ::::
Old 2009-01-12, 13:57   Link #331
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
You know, it's amazing how some people make Fatina out to be a girl who has no feelings at all for other people, and only thinks for herself. I mean yeah sure you can cheer for Kaaya and prefer Jil x Kaaya, but that is going a bit to far if you ask me. It's Try and treat her like a human being for a change, and not just a tool that stands in your way at seeing the couple you want to see at the end.
Though I like s2 Fatina so far, s1 Fatina really was a rude annoying shallow fangirl. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression, can't really blame peolple for not liking her...

Last edited by aliasxn; 2009-01-12 at 14:31.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 14:27   Link #332
kujoe
from head to heel

The same goes for the impression that Kaaya left when she betrayed her party and went with Neeba. I would say that stings more than a mere attitude problem, and would require more than character development to rectify. I'm not surprised why she's being criticized so.

But really now, this is just the first episode. There are still questions that have to be answered, and until we get the answers to those we cannot determine what kind of repercussions will befall the characters. For now, there's a new quest, a new purpose to climb all over again. Only this time, with personal issues to resolve.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 14:51   Link #333
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Agreed in everyway, but I dont think there is any romantic relationship between Neeba and Kaaya.
Neither do I, her alliance with Neeba is a purely practical, though brutal, necessity from her POV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
Let’s say I agree with you momentary on this that she didn't have faith/trust in Jil at the end of the tower but what if the thing at the end of the tower is something dire that could potentially lead to someone’s death maybe Jil perhaps? would you drag your beloved only to get them killed, I wonder.
I'm already aware she's done it out of good intentions, and danger is the most likely of reasons; it still doesn't take away from the sting of betrayal out of a lack of trust and belief in Jil and his party.

Last edited by Voitan; 2009-01-12 at 15:02.
Voitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 14:55   Link #334
Voitan

Quote:
You know what's even more bs? the so called affection's fatina so call has for jil, or the so called crush jill has for fatina....like...lulz
This is beginning to get petty.

I've already stated that a lot of soul searching and no doubt heated arguments between Fatina and Jil are necessary before they figure themselves out.

So I'll be over here, with the grown-ups.
Old 2009-01-12, 15:53   Link #335
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
This is beginning to get petty.

I've already stated that a lot of soul searching and no doubt heated arguments between Fatina and Jil are necessary before they figure themselves out.

So I'll be over here, with the grown-ups.
Also hey, its only bin 1 episode, so we cant be really sure how things are going with Fatina and Jil, I would give it 3-4 more episodes before im 100% that here is a possibility for a potential romance between them.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 16:02   Link #336
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Also hey, its only bin 1 episode, so we cant be really sure how things are going with Fatina and Jil, I would give it 3-4 more episodes before im 100% that here is a possibility for a potential romance between them.
I'm not sure you're comprehending what I'm posting.

I'm saying before they figure whether they like each other or not, they need a lot of soul searching and presumably, discussions (more likely arguments) before they figure themselves out.
Old 2009-01-12, 19:06   Link #337
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Jil is a man, and she's trying to stop him from being a man. Men do dangerous things. It's in our bloody nature. If she wanted a wimp that was never in a fight, she could have picked a peasant in one of the small towns. She's interfering with his wishes and dreams, and I'm sorry but that's not a good foundation for love. Not one bit. How many women watch their husbands go off to war? Or vice versa? They're selfish and don't want their significant others to fight and possibly die, but they put the other person's needs and wishes above their own.

Kaaya doesn't deserve Jil. And I will delete this series if that's the ending they give us. I hate betrayals. They suck. They hurt. Sugar coat her reasoning all you want, but they leave deep scars in a person.
I can't help but giggle at this... while it may be true your anecdote is way off because it is not the 1960's or anywhere in the past. In modern time it is very much equal opportunity in regards with war and responsibility both sexes can make decision for themselves there is no "I" or “Gar” factor. Kaaya could be considering a strong or weak person in this case depending on your understandability of the parties involved... Yes “men do dangerous” thing out of the need to protect/love but that doesn’t stop their woman form doing anything.
Just to rehash the stereotypical response of women/man holding their spouse back in times of war as a hypothesis for selfishness is largely false and untrue.

To make things easier as a viewer you are only watching it from one angle or perspective which is jil. As a fan of visual novel watching story unfold from multiple angle gives a sense of understanding and sympathy. From Jil perspective it looks like a betrayal, if we however watched it from Kaaya perspective it could undoubtedly be love or a sense of protection/motherly love either way Kaaya is a victim of circumstance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan
I'm already aware she's done it out of good intentions, and danger is the most likely of reasons; it still doesn't take away from the sting of betrayal out of a lack of trust and belief in Jil and his party.
It isn't betrayal it is protecting the one she likes, if all action involving one party disregarding their partner and selfishly acting in accordance with their will are considered betrayal even with good intention than the world is in chaos. (of course everything here are hypothetical until I know kaaya reason)
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 19:43   Link #338
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post

This and unfortunately (or is it fortunately), the ep summaries do say something important that will hopefully kill the shipping off.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 20:34   Link #339
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
This and unfortunately (or is it fortunately), the ep summaries do say something important that will hopefully kill the shipping off.
What would that be?
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 21:08   Link #340
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
hness is largely false and untrue.

To make things easier as a viewer you are only watching it from one angle or perspective which is jil. As a fan of visual novel watching story unfold from multiple angle gives a sense of understanding and sympathy. From Jil perspective it looks like a betrayal, if we however watched it from Kaaya perspective it could undoubtedly be love or a sense of protection/motherly love either way Kaaya is a victim of circumstance.

It isn't betrayal it is protecting the one she likes, if all action involving one party disregarding their partner and selfishly acting in accordance with their will are considered betrayal even with good intention than the world is in chaos. (of course everything here are hypothetical until I know kaaya reason)
Wow... Just wow... -face palms-

Protection or motherly love... So she wants a momma's boy as a lover?

Might as well put Jil in a rubber room so he can't hurt himself. I mean it's in his best interests right?

I've never had a girlfriend who would do what Kaaya did. Hell I don't even know any girlfriends or wives who would act like her selfishly. Not if they were worth a damn in their relationships. And I've known a few who've served in the Army and Navy.... -shakes his head-

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg